40-Something Chat Thread - Page 35 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 211/211/135

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Kate and Wendalyn!!!! I guess if you are counting I am 39 & 84 months. Wow, it sounds better to be just 47. I am way past the turning 40 thing, I am looking on towards 50, they say it is the new 30. I will be fit and fabulous at 50, I certainly wasn't when I was 30 or 40 for that matter.

40before50---I hope you bounce back and feel better soon. Good luck with WW, are you doing points or flex? I have done pts a few times and was reasonably sucessful. I hope you have a motivational leader, it really does make all the difference. This chat room should also help, I wish I had it when I was doing it, I am kindof shy so talking in a group is really not my thing.

Rennie-- I have to tell you I think you are great, you have great advice and I just feel like you are always smiling. I can count on you to be on here everyday to brighten my day, Thanks.

The thanks goes out to everyone of you beautiful 40 somethings!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #512  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

candel
I am glad I can make you smile. My son bought me a cup when I was in my late 30's, it said 30ish give or take an ish. A few years ago I pulled that cup out of the cuboard. I said well I guess I can't use this any more since I am over 40, a few years over 40. My son just laughed, took some paint and wrote 30ish give or take an ISH ISH on the other side of the cup. He said there when you turn 50, we will just add an ish lol.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #513  

Too funny....your son must get his sense of humer from you
Old 12-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #514  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thanks for the welcome. Candle, yes indeedie 50 is the new 40.

30-50 mug, love it! I'll drink to that one! Cheers to us 40-ishers, for reaching your goals and beyond...
Old 12-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #515  
Lolla

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'6 1/2

Talking Sort of New, definitely fat, ready for some new friends

Hi All,

I have just started checking out the site after joining in October. I hope no one minds me crashing in.

I haven't picked a real "diet" to try yet as I am doing some research to find one I can stick to. I would like to get back to the athletic me rather than the my behind fits my work chair me that I am right now.

I hope you all are doing great. I look forward to meeting you!!

L-
Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #516  

Welcome Lola!!!
We always welcome new chatters.
We all have different ways to lose weight. You are right to look for one that works for you. I am on a medically monitored diet right now, I am just finishing up 6 weeks of liquid only and will start back on food next week with one meal a day for 2 weeks. It has worked for me but it is not for everyone.
Good luck and keep us updates.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #517  

Hello Lolla,
welcome aboard, looks like your off to a good start 3 pounds gone, yeah you!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #518  
Rennie

I think the only ones that think 50 is the new 40 are those close to 50 lol. When I was young I thought 50 was old, when I was 30 I thought 50 was old. When I turned 46 my daughter asked me if I still thought 50 was old. I said heck yes 50 is old how many people live to be 100. Saying 50 is middle age is sure pulling that middle age rubber band tight. To me old is from 50 until someone starts to act ancient. Which means, you can be old at 50 and you can be old at 70 lol. You can also be ancient at 50 lol.

Lolla

You will find people here doing all kinds of things to lose weight and keep it off. Myself I kind of count calories. I use fit day and that helps me make sure I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. It also helps me stay within some very general amounts of calories, fat and carbs I have set for myself. I never had to lose weight before. I would have never believed being on meds for a few 1,000 ( well it felt like it ) years, could pack about 80lbs on a person. I kind of winged it when I came up with a way of eating for myself to lose weight. I even made sure I got professional advice to make sure I was eating enough ( this is one of my big problems ). I wanted to eat healthy not just lose weight. I have tweaked what I am doing a few times over the few months I have been doing this. Now I have something that works and I can live with. I am sure you will find the same thing for yourself. Please keep posting and let us know how things are going.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-28-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #519  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

This is so exciting. New people popping on every day...a huge welcome to you all....
Tammy, Plenty of liquids and rest is your best bet as the other "girls" have said. I sure hope you're feeling better soon.
Crabbykate...get back here. We want to be in your corner girl!
Wendalyn, Welcome to you too. It sounds like you have terrific support on your home front. That's great. Embrace being 40ish It's been the time of my life and I'm still in the throws of raising 4 children. There's a saying "wine and friendship, they only get better with age" I think it should be "wine,women, and friendship...."
Theresa, Has it really been 6 weeks already? Wow, it seems like you started on liquids just a couple of weeks ago. The time has just flown. Has that time flown for you as well or has it been difficult? You've had terrific success. 14 pounds lost, yippee! Are you nervous about the next stage and the changes it will bring? I hope you'll look to us for support. You've done a great job!!
Lolla, Welcome aboard. For fun I was surfing around in 3FC yesterday. I found a short little thread asking for motivational quotes. There were some really great ones. Maybe they will help inspire you on your brand new journey. We all here are ready for some new friends too. Take care.
Diane, Hope your having fun. I see you got alot of snow yesterday. Praying your travels were uneventful and safe. Thinking of you.
Rennie, You make me laugh too. Thanks for being a constant here that I can depend on. I hope you feel supported here as well. Next week we're having a big celebration at our church for a woman who is turning 100 yrs old. She's this awesome little lady who still drives herself to church, is perfectly coiffed, (hair, makeup, clothes, everything just right every week) plus, she's really fun to talk with. That's the kind of 100 I want to be some day!!!!
As for me, the scale popped up a little with all the Christmas goodies. Nothing to be alarmed about. Temps were in the upper 20's yesterday so I went for a 5 mile walk along country roads. This particular route has 2 good sized hills and 1 smallish one. It felt good to get outside. I took my DD mp3 player with. That's always "interesting" to hear the new songs she's put on. Youngest DD had a dance class last night so I did a little after Christmas shopping. Napkins and things like that for half price. I'm finally ahead on those things and can whip out the proper "paper products" for every holiday. I feel so smug when company compliments on how cute they are knowing I got them for like 75 cents. Silly huh?!?!?! DS has a basketball playday tonight. 2 or 3 schools are coming to our school. They call fouls and stuff, but no one shoots free throws and no score is kept. ( No official score. The team that's winning always KNOWS ) It's a good thing because DS classmates have rather bailed and he's playing with 2 other boys his age and 2 boys younger and no bench. I don't anticipate any happy endings, but it's good to stay active. If he didn't play in these round robin type things he wouldn't have another sport offered until baseball this summer. He'd drive me crazy underfoot by then!! Youngest son gets to play in his first basketball game tonight. That should be fun....
2nd and 3rd grade basketball gets pretty "wild." Well, my world is about to wake up. I'm hoping the weather holds and I can get in another long walk today.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #520  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone and welcome to all the new additions to our chat!! How exciting and fun as we head into a new year. I'm at work today and I think that I'll head out early. I don't think that we are getting any huge snowstorms, so I should be ok. It is so COLD here today. My car showed 0 degrees when I was coming into work. I checked the route that I'll take as I go over the mountains and one of the towns had an overnight low of -26. Wow!
Regarding the 40-ish talk, I also remember thinking that 50 is old, but not so much anymore! Ha. I'm 44 and as I get closer to it, I think that it will be just fine!! My parents are close to 70 and I realize how active they are and how young they have stayed. On the other hand, my MIL has acted old for as long as I have known her. She is younger than my parents, but you wouldn't guess it. So, we have to stay active and have fun!! Let's keep each other laughing!
Rennie - I'll throw my kudos out to you, too. Love reading your posts and hearing your views!
Lovn - I'm "lovn" your new avatar! Cute!!!
Lolla - Welcome! I see you are from Colorado too! I'll bet you're in this cold weather, too! Looking forward to talking to you.
Evilwoman - Just how evil are you!?? Ha. Love your name... so creative!
Candle - I guess I am 39 and 48 months since I just turned 44. 40's not so bad, is it!?
40Before50 - Try to get some rest. Being sick is just no fun!
Kate - Did you get your ticker added to your signature yet?
Rexs - What's new with you?

Well, if I don't post again today, I won't be back until at least Monday. So have a good weekend!!! Here's to 2008!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 182/134/130

Height: 5'7"

Default It's Friday

Hey yall,

This is so fun!! I weighed this morning and it hadn't changed by my trainer said it was Monday last time when I lost so to be patient!! I'm so trying. I am sooooo glad I'm not in Colorado, as you might can tell I'm in Texas. It's in the 40's here and I'm hudled down in the office with my space heater going!! I am steady at this weight loss thing and so appreciate everyones advice and support. Hope every body has an awesome weekend. I admire all you out there with young children. Mine are 17 and 20 and there are days I just can't manage them. LOL I'll be around reading so keep posting!!

182/140/130
Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #522  
Rennie

rexs
Mine are also 17 and 20. There are days I want to dig a hole and put them in it, then fill the hole in lol. You just keep doing what you are doing. You will see the weight come off. Sometimes it takes time. It is 38 degrees here today. Real nice day in December for Ohio.

Slash
That is darn cold. We don't tend to get temps that low here. We will have a few days very cold but generally not that cold lol. I would have to hibernate.

lovn
That is the kind of 100 I want to be too. That is why I said old yes ancient no lol. My in laws are 64 and 74. One acts as old as the hills the other acts as young as a person could want to be. I remember when my grandfather died. He was 74, I found out he had girlfriends from here to the middle of WV lol. That man might have been old but he was ancient.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #523  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

It's about 26* here and we got another 4-5 inches of snow today. I did 7 miles on rural roads. The first 5 1/2 hadn't been plowed so I walked in the mailmans tracks. Only one pick up passed me by and then finally the snow plow. It took me a little over 2 hrs, but it was worth it. The killer hill is on this route. 1/4 mile of straight up. I've never done it in the winter. I should have long ago, because it no longer scares me. If I can get up it in 4 inches of fresh snow I can certainly make it this summer. Now for a long soak in the tub before basketball.
Janny, where are ya lady?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #524  

Thanks lovnmom.

slasher, naw it's just a name, really I am pretty HARMLESS, infact not so EVIL at all.
It's how I wear my eyeliner, hubby says I look so sexy yet a bit evil when I wear it winged on my eyes, hence the name evilwoman was born!

Hubby took me out for Mexican today. I ate way naughty chips and salsa, plus fahita's. Oops my bad, but I got called a skinny lil biotch all of Christmas, so I think I will be alright and forgive myself for induldging, besides I was way good all thru Christmas. Tomorrows a new day, nothing to lose sleep over...
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #525  
Rennie

evil
My hubby calls me baby doll he calls me darling he calls me sweets IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. He also calls me, evil, ball and chain, drill Sargent, and a few other things when people aren't around lol.
Closed Thread