Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #376  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
Mrs Grinch needs a foot up her bum lol. Shape up up up. This is a great time of the year. I have one tradition that I still keep. I go out on Christmas eve and shop. Just for little odds and end thing. Things for the stockings or last min things that I have forgotten like a new toy boy lolol. I love the holidays and I never let other people effect mine.

Here is little story for you. I have a handicap sticker for my car. I was pulling into a parking place last year and this guy pulled in from the other way. He DID NOT have a sticker. It was so very cold out and of course I was sick lol. I never use that darn sticker unless A it is terribly cold out and I am sick or it is raining really hard and cold out and I am sick. Any other time I can walk just like anyone else. Anyway, I asked him very nicely to please move his car as this was my parking space and it was for handicap stickers only and he didn't have one. Well he didn't want to play fair and said some rather nasty things to me and went into the store. Not a problem at all. I called the local police and they came out. They waited for him to come out of the store after I told them what happened lol. They were only going to give him a ticked but he got a bit, shall we say, nasty with them too. They arrested him AND towed his car lololol. I had a lovely Christmas, don't know about him lol.

lovn
Our tradition was just me and the hubby. We would put up the tree after the kids went to bed. I am never one much for crowds. I hate having to go to the family's house at holidays just so darn many of them. I would rather do my walking videos than any other kind of exercise. I hate doing the upper body workout that I am up and down off the floor with light weights. Christmas cards never bothered me I print off labels from the computer to address them lol.

looking
I weigh in once every two weeks. Will do it more often if I happen to be at the docs office. I don't even own a scale. Weight can fluctuate to much for me. I would rather see it once every couple of weeks and relax the rest of the time lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Talking Karma and you?

Ladies..

I feel as though I need to stress the need for a bit of Yogi wisdom at this point." Do no harm" you can take that a number of differant ways. I view it as "letting s*&t roll off my back" even if I feel just or screwed. I avoid a comflict that will not only bum me out later but hurt someone else.

You may say this is a puss way to live but it really isn't a "what ever" or "have a good day" will release you take the monkey off your back as well as fill in that chip on your shoulder.

I know it feels like a bunch of bull but it is so enlightening...Forget all the gifts and stress this year and just enjoy the togetherness of your family.. what do you all say?

Can I get an Amen?....LOL

Liz
Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Been to the Dr. Son actually has pnuemonia just settling into his right lung. Nothing serious at this point. Rest, fluid, and Zithromax. Thank goodness I didn't say, "let's see how you are this weekend." Haven't exercised yet, but also have eaten very little. No time! I'll have to TM with the whole gang home now, but I'm still planning on it. At least I have no place else to go today. My daughter has confirmation class, but luckily another family drives by here and picks her up.
Rennie, I just love the story about the handicap sticker. I get so angry when people park in those and they're not authorized to. I don't even let my children use the automatic door at the post office or the elevator at church. God gave us healthy legs. We should be thankful and use them. Ok, I've put the soap box away!
Diane, We've got a high of 34* today with 20 mile an hour winds. This is the warmest day we've had in 5. It'll steadily get worse right through Feb. Most of Jan will be below zero. Last year I was a real trooper and still walked outside right through until the second week of Jan. I did invest in good clothes, but I've whimped out allready this season. I will go for some nice walks after the first couple of snowfalls. There's nothing like that. I live very rural and it's not difficult to get away from traffic noises. When that first 6" covers the ground and you're the first one to make tracks it's just a clean calming yet exhilirating sensation that's hard to beat. Not big on the cold, but I still love my 4 seasons.
Liz, I'm all for letting go and not holding grudges. That's why I pray. So bigger shoulders than mine can haul the c_ap, but I also believe some people need to be shown when their the ones dishing the c_ap or they'd just never see it for themselves. We're living in a society of too many who believe it's all about them and no one else really matters. I'd rather be brave enough to address a situation, and possibly enlighten someone to their selfishness, rather than chance witnessing the same person mistreating someone else at another time. That's why God made us all different, so the world can spin!
Have a great day all!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #379  
Rennie

It is starting to get cold here. Not cold yet just getting cold. Was about 35 out today and I put a coat on when I had to go out. There are my silly kids running around in t shirts. I yelled get your darn coats on. The old man across the street was at his mail box laughing and laughing. He yelled over you tell them what is what lol.

We shall see how the winter goes with my health. I am eating so much better and twice as much as I was eating before and doing exercises so this just might help. I can breath better and don't get so out of breath at just little things anymore. Sure might help with shoveling that snow. I am NOT going to fight that snow blower, big hulking thing that it is. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to fight with a snow blower in front of the neighbors and IT win the fight lol.

Liz
I don't get on my soap box about much. I do not give my opinion unless I am asked. Hubby's family found this out one time when I just kept my mouth shut and they kept saying what do you think. He just started laughing and said stop asking if you don't REALLY want to know. BUT there are times someone has to stand up for the wrong in the world. We just can't let people trample all over those that need help. In that situation, I could have walked. Yet, there are people all over that park their lazy carcases in handicap spots and someone that can't walk can't find one to park in. I had a lady one time say in a very snotty voice something like, " Must be nice to have a handicap sticker but then they just give them to everyone " I said something like, " Tell you what, you give me your great lungs and I will give you mine AND my handicap sticker ".

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-28-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 211/211/135

Height: 5'0"

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and the encourgement. It really helps.
I am really tired tonight, it has been a busy week thus far. I put in 3 hours of overtime on Monday and had candle shows both Tuesday night and tonight.
I still haven't cleared off the TM yet, but tonight my party was on the 2nd floor then down a really long hallway to the apartment. It was a really cool buillding, used to be a factory that they renovated.

You all take care and have a good day tomorrow.
Night Night.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #381  

Rennie, I'm loving the ever changing avatar. Do you mind sharing what is wrong with your lungs?
Liz, My apologies if any of yesterday's comment sounded like a personal attack. It was not meant to. I applaud you if you can go through life always giving others the benefit of the doubt. Parts of my comment remind me of the Bible story about seeing the sliver in someone elses eye and not the log in your own. Usually, someone needs to step on my toes or leave me hanging many times before I let them have it. Often though, even when justified, I'm left with a bad feeling. Yogi's and Christ have a lot in common. One of them being disciples who find the teachings hard to always follow. Have a blessed day!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Talking Ommmmm....

Please Ladies,
No apologizes necessary you are all entitled to your own opinions. I, Liz the Queen of chips on her shoulder, bad attitude and the perpetual victim only saw the light so to speak after I checked into out patient rehab 5 years ago.

A lot of work later and extensive reading I have been sober and very happy for 5 years now. I feel life is a travel and if we don't move with it we are left with old memories and lost opportunities.

I'm not Polly Anna or I wouldn't be here commiserating about my weight issues. Just tossing out some life experiences that I hoped would help lighten the load.

Liz
Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #383  
Rennie

Lizz
I tend to be Polly Anna lol. I make everyone feel good and try to find good in everything. I don't tend to let things upset me. From time to time my halo slips and I get very angry lol.

lovn
Well first I have asthma. Second, I was sick so many years I have very nasty scars on my lungs. Also, I was sick a lot in the winter when I was a kid and we were pretty poor and I wasn't taken to the doc when I needed to be taken. I already had low lung capacity and the scars have made it worse.

You can save my avatars if you want them by right clicking on them and then saveing.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #384  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Rennie - Ouch! That lung situation must be tough. Kind of hard to get around "breathing"! I admire your attitude and how you keep active. The only thing that holds me back (if I let it) is my weight, and hopefully that will be a thing of the past in the future! By the way, that's funny that you yelled at those kids. It amazes me how they go out with shorts on or no coats. Come on! I'm bundled to the max and they're saying that it isn't that cold? I told my son's friend that he must have frozen his brain to be able to think like that. (My son doesn't get to wear shorts for now, except in the house)

Liz - Glad you made it through rehab. My Mom has been sober for 6 years now and is living life again! What an amazing journey.

Candlegal - I would imagine you are pretty busy this time of year. Those candles make great Christmas gifts! Try to get some rest!!!

Lovnmom - Hope your son is doing better! Pneumonia! Scary stuff, but I guess not so bad for the young! They're more resilient.

Looking4mywaist - Did you brave the scale yet? Hope it is all good news!!

As for me, just plugging along here. I am looking forward to the weekend even though it will be busy. We're supposed to have a big snow storm move through and we may or may not get some of it. The mountains are supposed to get the most, so that's good. But, at least we'll make it through the volleyball tryouts for my daughter. She's getting excited/nervous and I am right there with her. Then, of course, we get to wait on pins and needles until the post the team roster.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #385  

Diane, Is your daughter junior high or high school? Is she trying out for the school team or a league team? Our school volleyball is done here and we're on to basketball. I know some girls that are still playing volleyball though, because they play league. I'm curious. Did you play volleyball? I did, but quit and went to work my 3rd yr of high school. It's the one thing I regret, because I was actually good at it. Nearly broke my heart when my oldest decided she wanted nothing to do with it. There's hope for my youngest yet. Thanks for the concern for my son. I tried to let him sleep in today and go to school at noon, but he woke himself up just in time for the bus and insisted on going. I did exercise my parental rights and play the "inside for recess card." I'm sure that came as a shock when his teacher told him I'd e-mailed to say he needed to stay in! Pick your battles. I won't fight to keep him home, but I will sneek attack to care for him from homebase.
Rennie, Thanks for sharing. I agree with Diane. It's wonderful that you keep on with your exercise and all. Many would throw in the towel. Good for you.
Liz, Wow, what an accomplishment. You go girl!
Candle, Hang in there. Just think of all that extra dough them candle parties are putting in your pocket.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #386  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe I'm posting again. You'd think I might have some work to do today.... ha! Actually, I'm not all that busy and I'm working on some boring stuff that has stacked up and needs to be done, but isn't critical. So, my sense of urgency is about flat-lined right now.

Lovn - My daughter is in 7th grade. She played volleyball for the school earlier in the fall and that's over. The tryouts are for a volleyball club that she was in last year. They have tryouts now, pick the teams and practice starts during their Christmas break. Then, starting some time in January, they have tournaments every Saturday for about 5 weeks. They have games that they play in the morning which puts them in different brackets for the afternoon games. If you lose in the afternoon, you're done, but if you win, you move on to the next game until the end. Each team is assigned points based on where they finish. Those points are added up over the 5 weeks to determine the overall champion. It's a pretty big deal here and involves teams from all over our side of the state. They get a ton of playing time and it helps feed into the competitive leagues that start when they turn 15. Then.... that's a whole new ballgame.... travelling to many different tournaments. She'll continue to play for the school, but this club is run by a couple that many years ago had been on the olympic team, so they really learn valuable skills. My daughter used to play basketball, too, but it goes on at the same time as volleyball, so she really wanted to focus just on volleyball. (this is good because she isn't all that focused all the time on her grades, so I would have had to tell her she couldn't do both because I knew she wouldn't be able to keep up with schoolwork)

I played vb in junior high, but that's it. I wasn't hugely skilled, even though I love it. I ran track in high school (many pounds ago), but mainly stayed out of athletics. I was into speech & debate, drama, clubs... and partying.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #387  
Rennie

Slash
Breathing is required lol. I just don't let things get me down. I could be dead lol. I played volleyball in high schooled. Lettered too. I loved it. I was very short so was a great setter. Could get out of the way fast lol.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #388  

I DID IT, I MOVED MY TREADMILL OUT AND CLEANED IT 0FF AND ACTUALLY WALKED ON IT!!!!!!!!!
You are all my inspiration, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart and the top of my throbing feet LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #389  
Rennie

Candle
Nice going. Now don't just look at it every day, use it lolol. Sometimes just getting started is the hard part. I am sorry you feet are sore. It will get easier I promise.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #390  

My feet are always sore. I have sat behind a computer for 9 years, they are out of practice.
Closed Thread