Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #541  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
You make me feel horrible ( not really lol ). My house is clean. My house is always clean. I live knowing if I died I would not be embarrassed that company would see my house lol. My husband says I am a very sick woman and need help. I said help would be great but we can't afford a maid lol. Even if we could, think of the extra work that would cause. I would have to clean top to bottom each evening before the maid came lol.

This is what my son had to do yesterday
Sweep the family room, den and living room
Take out the trash
Take laundry to the basement
Clean his room
I was told MOTHER you know they freed the slaves. I said, not in Ohio they didn't, get to work.

This is what my daughter had to do
Dust the family room, den and living room
Empty the dishwasher
Sort laundry
Clean her room
She is going to run away to a country where they have child labor laws.

When they are out on their own I am NEVER going to their house. I am not even sure you will be able to open their door to get into the house lol.

I am still teaching basic cleaning rules like hanging up towels and putting toilet paper on the spindle. I hold classes once a week. I can't die until they know these things. I have a feeling I am going to be the oldest person alive.

Nothing planned today but to torcher my children and make them find the phone that is suppose to be on my desk but no one can find and of course no one has used lol.

evil
We have date night once a week. Rather we go to the movie, walk thru the little town we want to move to when the kids are out of school or sit and watch tv. It is our time for 2 hours and everyone leaves us alone. The wii is great. My sons friend has one. As soon as the price comes down we are going to get one too lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-30-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #542  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

lovnmom,
Yes indeedie, I think a date night is in order for you and hubby, you should always be #1 priority yanno, gotta keep those home fires a burnin.... We are still honeymooners pretty much, even though going on 20 years of marriage, we gotta keep the spark factor glowing.

Wisconsin hey? Hmmmm..... you must be a cheese head & a packer backer?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #543  
Rennie

I am going to start holding 1 hour seminars starting tomorrow on laundry sorting. Sigh, black socks do not go in with while clothes. Towel hanging sessions will also be included in the seminar. Towels are getting tired of laying on the floor, they like to be hung up so they can see what is going on. Two people took showers today in the kids bathroom. Two towels were laying on the floor. No one claimed the towels. Cleaning out the sink seems to be another addition to the seminar also. Turn water on, no need to run it full force, use fingers, what do you think God gave them to you for, push tooth past down drain. Sink is now ready for next slobola. I know many of you Lady's are very busy. Sign your kids up now. Openings still available. No fee, I do this to help out my fellow mothers. Hubby no longer needs lessons. He will kick all children back into play that try to leave the seminar.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #544  
Lolla

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'6 1/2

Omgness, Good Morning again,
I typed the biggest blogathon to you all earlier, singled you out by name even and the computer gonked and froze. I made a pot of coffee for myself for a treat as no one else drinks it and I drank the whole pot almost. Long story short, thanks to all, my dog is fat too so I will still like you (so are my cats, so am I, hee), I am still looking for a diet, I am stiff from the Wii (pathetic I know) also the Wii was purchased from my daughter's friend's cousin.. Once I heard that, I felt it was a need to know situation and I do not need to know. LOL. I am a neat freak sporadically, and I am in the middle of a cleaning frenzy (caffiene induced) today as a matter of fact. I will not be embarrassed if I die and my house is a mess though. My husband will be! (although I was thinking, will people say: "She was such a lovely woman, good with her kids, active in the community, but a terrible housekeeper tsk tsk) LOL.

I have big plans for a walk, a visit to the library, getting some new school supplies for my daughters and supplies for my office... and being a loafer the rest of the day. I am putting off the grocery store though as I still haven't picked a plan I want to follow. I believe this to be a form of procrastination but I'm not sure I will get back to you. Ha!

Hope this finds you all well. Willpower to you all.

L-
Old 12-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5,5

I typed a whole nice letter and my computer decided to freeze So here is a short one.

WTG on the laundry sorting my kids do there own laundry. Yahoo. They try and keep the house clean. It is the hubby that is the problem. He hates the dishwasher and refuses to put anything in it. He would rather have everything sitting on the counter to dry. But I think he is a lost cause.

Anyway I went shopping this morning. I am ready for tomorrow. I know that during the day will be good Because I do better at work. Tomorrow night may be a problem. If I get Tuesday off I will be partying. I drink light beer. It is the amount of it that is the problem. But there is always the next day.

I also want to thank everyone for a warm welcome. And also was wondering what everyone does for exercise. I mayself love Turbo Jam and Power 90. Also the elliptical is a fav of mine. Let me know

Have a great new Years KAren
Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #546  
Rennie

Karen
I trained my husband before I married him lol. He wipes his feet and doesn't wear shoes in the house, puts his clothes in the hamper AND puts his dishes in the dish washer lol. I only use the dish washer if we happen to have a ton of dishes. Generally I do them by hand. Better on the dishes and burns calories lol.

I do Leslie Sanson's walking/aerobic videos. I also do resistance training, great video on diet.com. I use light dumbbells 1 1/2 and 2lbs and stretchy cord with the handles and the stretchy cords. All at home, all cheap.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #547  

Rennie you ain't a kiddin you run a tight ship, toidey seminars, OMG. You think your kids would be on top of their messes with you, I'd BE! I gots no kids, so I will have to pass on the free seminar. Besides I am the queen of neat freaks, nothing can be outta place 'round here! For instance, My hubby still tells the story everytime he gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, he climbs back into bed and I have made his side of the bed already, thinking he went to work, instead he just went to the bathroom!!!! What can I say...

My friends tell me, I outta line up some magazines on my coffee table, being it looks like a dental office neat and clean, the only thing missing are the magazines to read, but that would be something outta place magazines left out, NO CAN DO!

You'll do fine Karen, you have the whole year to worry about a few extra pounds.

Lola, hope you find a plan that works for you both, trial and error, what works for some doesn't work for others, so in due time you will find what works for you's, but get a moovin girl, it is right around the corner yanno! So pick a plan and stick to it like GLUE.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #548  
Rennie

evil
Oh my gosh we sound so much alike. My husband tells the story how he almost put a cig out on the end stand one time because I had taken the ash tray to empty it after he had put a cig out in it lol.

My kids are ok, just not as neat as I am. Ok, I lied. My house is going to be quarantined one of these days because of their bedrooms. I am so happy our upstairs is separated by a landing. The upstairs has two wings. Mine, nice and clean. Theirs, well I wouldn't go over there in the dark. I KNOW i have seen things crawling on the floor out of their rooms in the middle of the night and those things were big enough to eat a small dogs lol. I hear all the time. MOM you make us work around here for hours. Well darn, if they would do the less than 1 hour of chores they have in less than 5 hours. They wouldn't be working all day lol. They have learned to clean up. The downstairs is always clean, they don't want to take hours to put their stuff away. It is their part of the upstairs that we are still working on. Even my 20 year old. ( Now remember he does have extreme adhd and asberger and a few other things like male genes lol ) You want to act 13 you will be treated as if you were 13. His girlfriend stopped over tonight and wanted to go somewhere. I yelled into the living room, he isn't going anywhere he is grounded. She just laughed and said something about don't mess with your mother. If he had done what he was told they would be on their way. Now they were going to have to stay at the house. Then she came in and did an exercise video with me lol.

Magazines left laying out. No way no how. That would drive me crazy. I don't even leave my book laying out I am reading. It gets tucked neatly in a drawer and I get it back out when I want to read it.

I don't understand why it takes people so long to get ready to go somewhere either. When I worked outside of the house. I had my clothes put out for the next day. I had my makeup and such put out in the bathroom before I went to bed. I never had to hunt for a thing. When I was done getting ready to go. EVERYTHING was put away where it went. Nothing laying around.

I am never in a hurry. I give my self plenty of time to do what I need to do. I go to the store and I see everyone in a hurry. If I were in a hurry, I would have got there sooner lol.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #549  

S/C/G: 211/211/135

Height: 5'0"

WOW, all this talk about clean freaks I am so not that way. My husband fits in with you though, he hates the way I keep the house. It is lets say lived in, and that works for me. You would think if he wanted a clean house he would clean it, but alas, he does not, he just complains. The more he complains the less I do, you see I work a job and half and he does not work. He does all the laundry though and takes care of the cars. It is not as bad as it sounds, I don't live in a pig sty, but it certianly is lived in.
I hope you all still like me.

I go back to work in the morning (yuk). Take care all, and if I don't get back on HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #550  
Rennie

Candle
We love you BUT you are not doing your job and training your husband right lol.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #551  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Lolla, It's really not all about a "plan." If you've never dieted before maybe it has to be, but my advice would be to pick a few small changes that you can live with. I was the Queen of yo-yo dieting. Losing the same 25-35 pounds every spring (gotta look good in the summer) and then putting them all back on before falls crispness could settle. About a year and a half ago I figured out, I'm in my 40's, this isn't about looking good anymore. It's about longevity and quality of life. I've made tiny changes that have steadily taken off 2 pounds a month and given me huge amounts of stamina. If you're in a hurry to lose it by a certain date, then ignore me....My first changes were to drink at least 2 quarts of water a day, EVERY day. At least 2 pieces of fresh fruit every day. Some veggies (fresh or otherwise) every day. I exclude nothing. I eat chocolate nearly every day, but not the whole bar. I enjoy wine and cheese.... 1 6oz glass and 1 to 1 1/2 oz good quality cheese. Not half a bottle and half a tray. Exercise 5 days a week. Type of exercise and intensity depends on how I'm feeling that day. Anyway, my point is you have to make changes you can live with for the next 40-50 years, so I don't advise cutting out all carbs or something like that. Good luck figuring out what will work for you. We're here for you.
Karen, My exercise of choice is walking. I try to walk at no less than 4 mph and choose routes with varying inclines and declines. If I use the TM though I will get up to 5 and 6 mph, because I get bored. Luckily I live rural with terrific township Rds to walk and some of the best maintained bicycle trails in the state. When I get bored I will mix in tae-bo, tai-chi, bicycling, weights (but not often enough), and when I'm really like, "uggh what do I do today," I'm not above digging out old Richard Simon's VHS's. When my children were little they loved to dance around with me to his tapes. They bring back fond memories.
Theresa, My house is lived in too. I have no worries of how people will judge me when I'm gone. If you've been invited to my home it will be spotless and decorated with loads of candles when you arrive, the food will be delish, and I'll give you a big hug and let you know how happy I am you've come. If you haven't been invited I will not leave you standing on the stoop to visit. I'll yell to the kids to remove their clean laundry from the table, Theresa's here we need space to have coffee and chat. The whole time with my arm around your shoulder making sure you know I'm glad you've come.
Rennie and Wendalyn, Some days I wish my home were like yours, but I don't have it in me, but my clothes are always laid out in advance, my makeup is stored properly and easily accessible, if I'm late...I'm dead lol
As for the month of Dec....exercise has been good. I've walked the equivalent of 72 miles, on the TM, through snow, up hills and even stairs in my children's school. I shovelled 4 ft deep snow from under 3 laundry lines that are about 18 ft long and 6 ft wide w/o huffing and puffing or pausing. I hosted Christmas brkfst for 15 and baked for numerous occasions. I had lunches and specialty coffees out with friends. Attended at least a billion basketball games with all the nachos and pizza a gal could desire. My weight stayed at 143 the entire week before Christmas, but has settled today at 144.8. Giving me another 2# loss this month. I call that success while living and enjoying life to it's fullest.
Thanks to all of you for keeping me supported.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #552  
Rennie

I agree with Lovn. I have some very general amounts that I allow myself. My " Rennie " plan isn't a plan lol. I go over, I go under those amounts. I really worry about getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. I worry about getting exercise everyday. You have to find something you can live with. This journey we are making to a more healthy thinner person never ends. It doesn't start on day one and then end when we meet our goal weight. This is something we do for the rest of our lives. Will I reach my goal on my birthday in Nov? Who knows maybe maybe not. If I don't I will sure have a lot less weight to lose than I did the day I started loseing weight.

It was a JOKE about people seeing my house once I am dead lol. What do I care what people think once I am gone I will be gone lol. I have so much energy most of the time I don't know what to do with it. I clean lol. In the summer I mow grass. I mow grass all the time lol. I love my one girlfriends house. I go there and push the stuff off a chair and sit down. Doesn't bother her, sure won't bother me lol.

I love Richard Simmons and as a matter of fact, have 5 of them sitting here on my desk. Going to go sweat to the oldies as soon as I am done posting. I remember the kids dancing along while I exercised such great memory's. My son, I am sure, will come upstairs and join in doing his " manly " version and make me laugh and laugh.

You are so right Lovn when you say this isn't about looking good. Well of course it is a little bit but for me it is about being healthy. I am never going to look 20 again so I am not trying to look 20 lol. Living as long as God has decided I am going to be on this earth with as few heath problems as possible, that is what losing weight and exercising is about to me. There are somethings I can do nothing about but I am sure going to do what I can do to not have problems I can do something about.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #553  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Rennie, Even at 20 I didn't look like the magazines said I should lol I had an ok chest, a tiny little waiste that made my rear look HUGE, and a 30 inch inseam. Having children actually made my body look better. Sure my waiste is larger, but it makes my hips look more preportioned lol I figured you were kidding about caring what people think about your home once you're gone.
My New Year's Eve plans......non alcholic margaitas with the children, CLUE, Scrabble, and the movie Balls of Fury. I know, I'm really living it up!!!
Hope you all have a safe and happy night!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #554  

Hey there,
I am the hostest with the mostest tonight here for 9 couples, so I have been cooking up a storm all day long and baking too. I planned to eat off plan tonight so I won't beat myself up over it in the morning, I will just avoid the scale for a few days and get back to squeaky clean eating and the 2 w's working out & water.

I will probably have some wine tonight too being I am a wino and toast the 40 somethings here, so cheers to us ladies, I'll drink to that! This is my 19th year of being the hostest with the mostest. I love entertaining and being domestic, Martha stewarts got nothing on me!

The movie was GREAT lastnight, the chick flick was P.S. I love you. It was a touching story that made us both laugh & cry. I gave it 2 thumbs up & if you get a chance go and see it.

Happy New Years Eve ya'll.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 PM   #555  
Rennie

evil
You have a wonderful time.

I get a quiet night tonight lol. Hubby had to work, won't be home until 5 am. Daughter has to work and has to work in the morning so she will come home from work. Have me wake her up at midnight to watch the ball drop. Then will flip the outside lights off and on a few times ( she started doing this when she was allowed to stay up the first time at age 13 lol ), she will then go back to bed. Son won't know I am alive lol. He and a few of his friends are going to be playing ps2 or wii or game cube or what ever it is they are playing lol. I will sit here and post, read a book and maybe watch green acres.

lovn
We had such a great time. Oh memories lol. First, I went up to sweat to the oldies and my daughter said ohhhhhhhh I remember you doing those when I was little. She did the first two tapes with me. Shower and off to work she went. My son and his girlfriend came in as we were getting done. My son ( I knew it ) said hey you didn't let me join in ( have you ever seen a 20 year old man try to make everything look manly lol ) his girlfriend asked if I had anymore and I said yes 2 more sweatings and then a Richard Simmons tone one. Soooooooo, I get to rest a few min and all three of use are going to do the sweating to the oldies 3 and 4 lol. I know he is going to crack me up. He does less exercise and more strutting than a person should, can't wait to hear his girlfriend laugh about him hehehe. When I was 20 I was built like a brick you know what house. These days I have to say, that brick house seems to have turned into aluminum siding lol.

It has been a great year and I am sure next year will be even better. Wish everyone happiness, love and a thin healthy body.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-31-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Closed Thread