Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #466  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
I dress like a bum lol. I don't spend money on me. Hubby said enough was enough. He was tired of me having one outfit to wear everywhere. He is buying me clothes. I said fine out of your money lol.

Lovn
I just always pull my hair back in a pony tail. Get it out of my face. I would rather have it cut short in a scrunchy cut works, for me lol. Hubby loves the layered curled look. Should have never let him see me with my hair this way lol. So, this is how I wear it 90% of the time until I just can't stand it and talk him into letting me get it all cut off lol. He said, "You know dear, when you met me I wore a short navy cut and was clean shaved with a mustache. You now have me in a mullet. Would you like me to shave off the beard and get my hair cut? I just be quiet and leave my hair long lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-18-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I've been hearing about mullets lately. That's the longer hair in back and shorter in the front, right? Are those back in? My brother-in-law and a friends husband both were, just recently, talking about growing one again. My hubby wears his hair really short but has both a mustache and short goatee that I have to "manscape" or he lets it get all scraggly. 16 yrs ago he had very long hair (all one length), but I came home from work one day and he'd had it shaved. My chin hit the floor, but he's kept it that way ever since. Shortly after that we got engaged. I think he was making sure I wasn't with him because of his "bad boy" looks lol How's the caroling going? Is your weather holding so it's comfortable walking around singing?
Janny, You'd mentioned you were a Packer fan. Yesterday I at was at W-M and they already have a really nice leather football that says 2007 NFC Champions on it. It was under $20. It'd make a nice gift for the collecting fan!!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #468  
Rennie

lovn
Yes long in the back shorter on the top and sides. Have no idea if it is " back in " I like it so that is how he wears his hair lol. When summer hits I will have him shave and cut the hair short. lol like having two different men lol. Weather was ok last weekend. Going to be nice this weekend. Have another woman going to take the kids on Saturday since I will be baking baking baking and making buckeye balls for the homeless shelter Christmas dinner. I will get to go for a bit at least.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #469  

mmmm buckeyes. I haven't made those yet. I'm pretty sure at this point I would truly overeat those so, it's better not to have them in the house lol Dear hubby let me off the hook today. I don't have to help with deliveries at all. I'll be doing a lot of laundry since the laundry fairy skipped my house AGAIN. I only have a little light housework so, I'll be walking 3 miles to town on the snowy trail. Visit with my sister for awhile and then walk back home. I've already reported that I've done this on an exercise thread. I ALWAYS do the exercise I plan if I report it first. It's like I don't want to get caught in a lie so I get my hiney moving and do it. Whatever disfunction motivates me I guess.
Candle ? Liz ? are ya there girls ? Hope all is well and your hurtling on to the holidays all prepared and happy!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #470  
Rennie

lovn
I am the same way. I put in my 21 day challenge what I want to do. If I have told someone I will do it unless the knee or leg won't let me. If I haven't told everyone I can sloff off lol. I don't care for peanut butter so they don't bother me at all. They are to darn sweet for my taste. Sorry the laundry fairy didn't come to your house this time. My kids think we have one of those too lol. Along with a personal maid and chaffer lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #471  

Ugghh, my sinuses are draining so that my throat is killing me. I'm not actuallty sick or anything, but choir practice was a bust. It didn't help my ego any that I was sitting between my daughter and another 14 yr old who both have beautiful voices. I sounded like the old sea dog. lol Not that I have a lovely voice, but I can hit high notes and am a wonderful "extra" in any choir. You just wouldn't want me singing a solo. I did walk six miles yesterday. 3 with a friend and 3 alone. All on the snowy trail. My friend is 9 yrs my junior and keeps herself physically fit. Yesterday was her first walk on the trail since the snowfalls. She hated it. "This is awful, I can't believe you slugged out 3 miles on your own," she said to me. It gives me a warm glow when she says things like that. 19 months ago was the first time she and I exercised together. She ripped down the bike trail on her bike until she realized I was not right behind her. At 41, I had really let myself go to pot in just one short year. (Thanks to hard work and deprivation I was buff and happening most of my adult life, but because I wanted to be smaller not healthier. I turned 40 and said "screw this" I'm not doing it anymore. I'm gonna love me) Anyway, that day put weight, exercise, and health all into a clear perspective. A year and half later we're still walking and biking together. She's stayed her trim healthy self and I've lost 31 pounds and have made and kept the best friend I've ever had. A win win for me. I'm feeling a little sappy today. I hope you reach out and feel sappy about someone too. I just love Christmas!!!! I even had a nice visit with my sister. Ha or shouldI say Ho or even Ho Ho Ho
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #472  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I sure had a BAD mental picture about "Buckeye Balls".
I don't know what they are, so right away I had piggish thoughts. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter.
I won't be posting too much next week. Got 11 days off and I don't go on the computer at home cuz the dog eats everything in the office when I'm in there. Little savage beast.
Gotta a confession-hubby and I opened up all of our presents. We're sooooo bad. We try so hard, but we never make it.
Alrighty then,
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

Last edited by Janny O; 12-20-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #473  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jan! You are so bad!!!! I don't even have my gifts wrapped yet, so we can't open ours yet. (Oh, and I had to smile about buckeye balls too, because I don't know what they are either!)

I'm going to be off and on for the next week or so, too. I'm not taking off much, but it will be busy here without many of the others gone!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #474  

Ok Ladies, Buckeye Balls are delectible little peanutbutter balls dipped in chocolate. Some recipes say to leave a small amount of "ball" not dipped leaving an appearance of a brown eye. Personally I call mine PB balls because I can see no good reason for not making sure ever tiny spot is covered in chocolate lol
Janny, you and the hubby ARE bad....so spill what did you get?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #475  
Smoochie's Girl

Ok-quick spillage. A robe and slippers, a journey necklace, some perfume, and a makeup case. Pretty cool stuff.
You're little peanut butter goodies sound pretty good!!
I better go before I get in trouble here at work.....
Old 12-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #476  
Rennie

Buckeye balls
Given the name because they look like the buckeye nut off the buckeye tree, our state tree.

Buckeye Balls
Mix together and chill in refrigerator after shaping into balls about the size of buckeyes:
1 stick Butter ( I use butter you can use margarine )
1 pound of 10x Powdered Sugar
2 cups Jiff peanut butter (18 oz.) USE JIFF
1 tsp. Vanilla

Melt together in double boiler or in heavy pan at very low heat:
1 12 pkg. Chocolate chips
½ bar paraffin

Insert toothpick in chilled balls and dip into chocolate until covered, leaving the top uncovered. Dip two or three times for more chocolate. Place on wax paper or on a cookie sheet to cool. Remove and box. Makes 7 dozen depending on size.

Calories 86
Fat 5
Carbs 9

These are very very rich. You don't eat more than a couple. All of this can depend on what you use to make the candy. Lower fat butter or margarine. Lower fat peanut butter instead of regular creamy Jiff. All these things can make a difference.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-12-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #477  
Smoochie's Girl

Wow! Learn something new every day!!! They look like nuts from a tree.
I know this is such a stupid question-but, can you eat parafin?

I'm all alone today at work...looks like it's gonna be a LOOOOONG DAY.
Can anyone say "sneak out early!"

Still no snow...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #478  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, ok. PEANUT BUTTER balls! I have that recipe. I cover them completely with chocolate. As for the parafin, it helps keep things together and shiny. I don't use very much of it, though.

Gotta go, busy here at work.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #479  

Ahhhh, a nut, who knew, oh yeah Rennie did lol
Rain last night so no school today. Rural roads were quite slick, but main highways were good since the temp is like 37* The kids were a little disappointed, because of course today was all about parties and movies. No real school work and then excused early at 12:45. We took the opportunity to spend the afternoon with my mother.
Son's last Jr High basketball game was last night. We won by 6 points. A terrific way to end the season. Practice for league ball starts Dec 26th 7:30 -9pm. Yippee lol Who am I kidding I love it.
The scale has been showing a steady drop. It gives me a little wiggle room for Christmas Eve and Day. I can probably eat and drink most of what I want and still end Dec with a loss. Even if it's only a 1 pound loss by the 31st that will be fine with me. Any loss in Dec is a big win.
Time now to slog out 4 miles on the TM. I really don't want to. I just started reading 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Maybe I'll slow my pace and read. It's promising to be a very good book. It may be enough to keep my interest on something other than the voice in my head yelling, "I don't want to do this today!!!"
Have a great weekend!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #480  
Rennie

lovn
Sounds like you had a good day. The kids of course had school today. From what I gathered worked right up until the 2:30 bell. Well that is high school, more like the real world. They have 2 weeks off for Christmas break. Is it over yet? lol

Janny
Of course you can. Don't you remember when you were little the wax candy lips and such. Same thing. The paraffin keeps the chocolate to the peanut butter. They are suppose to look like nuts. That is why they are called buckeyes lol.

You can also use any kind of chocolate you want. Dark, milk or semi sweet.
Closed Thread