Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #526  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Rennie,
giggle giggle, snort! Drill sargent, your way or the highway huh??? Yeah we woman wear the pants don't we?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #527  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I run around the house yelling MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT. I really do lol. My husband has seen the bosses job, he doesn't want it. He is use to this. His father isn't the boss either.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY

One time when I was yelling at him and my son to come down to dinner and how I was going to break that darn ps2 in a million pieces if they didn't get down to the dinning room RIGHT NOW. I over heard my son say to him something like, " You are bigger than her, why don't you put her in her place?" My husband answered him with this, " Son, a man only needs a few things in life. A job that he can support his family with, a clean house, a hot dinner on the table and a warm willing wife in bed. You will learn as you get older being the boss isn't all that important. AND I don't have a set big enough to mess with your mother." lol

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-28-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 211/211/135

Height: 5'0"

Yes Lovin it has been almost 6 weeks. It has not been difficult at all, it was quite easy. I only thing I had to decide about eating was do I want chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry. I mostly chose choc, yummy.
I am real apprehensive about moving on to food, but I am starting slow and I have a lot of support from the professionals.
My family can't wait for me to start cooking meals agian. My husband has been fixing his own meals and is real tired of frozen dinners and canned foods.
He did actually made a hamburger last night.
I know if I get out of wack you all will be there for me and set me back on track.
Here is mid Michigan we has 3-4 inches of snow today. I started to shovel the drive, it was real wet heavy snow, after about 30 min, my neighbor came over with his snow blower and finished the drive.
I started logging my minutes of excersise on america on the move,it is americaonthemove.org, there are different trails to track your distance. I chose the China trail, I have till Feb 8 to finish, that is aprox. 4000 steps per day. Since I am only counting my steps when I walk on the treadmill it will take me that long.
Have a great Saturday everyone.
Oh I forgot, Rennie, I loved the true story!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #529  
Rennie

candle
I am the terror of the house. My way or the highway. I don't care if you don't like it. Right there is the door. I had a life before I had you ( the kids ), I had a life before I had you ( the husband ). I didn't have much of a life before I had you ( the cat ) so you can do what you want. lol

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-29-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #530  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Rennie, If more women would figure out that men need so little to be happy we could rule the world from the front line rather than from "behind the scenes." hee hee My husband's first priority in "wife duties" is that I take good care of the children's needs. That I do. After that if I serve it up in the bedroom he's happy with a sandwich and would even wear dirty clothes if he had to, with no complaints lol
Theresa, Good luck!
Wendalyn, What's a few chips and salsa? Everyone has to have a taste sensation once and awhile. Last week mine was a huge greasy cheese burger with loads of fried onions from a local bar. Mmm, I had to walk a few extra miles, but it was worth every bite!!!!
DS basketball game was cancelled last night due to bad weather. The boy's have practice this morning though. With all the things my children have had to attend throughout this break I don't hardly see how it can be called a vacation!! I've heard "Enchanted" is a really good movie. It's playing at a little theater (1 screen) 4 miles away. All seats $4 and their treats are the same price as at a convenience store. For $42 our family of 6 can see a movie and each get their own sm popcorn, soda, and candy treat!! It's worth waiting a couple weeks to see something.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #531  

Thanks lovin, but if it was only a few chips & salsa, twas 2 baskets! My bad, yanno, when I am bad, I am real bad.

rennie, on the true story, that is a classic! I almost peed my pants readin it! You certainly don't seem shy at all, what's that about woman?

I think I'll fit in just fine with the funny females here. Ahem, girls with 'tude, our hubbies gotta love us & they sure do! I've been with mine over 1/2 my life and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread! (whole grain of course...) When I turned 40, hubby said he's gonna trade me in for two 20 year olds, my response was you think your wired for that? Gotta love em & I certainly do, he's pushing 50 but I don't intend to trade him in for two 25 year olds anytime soon, WAY to hard to re-train yanno..

Date night is tomorrow, it will be a chick flick P.S. I love you! Being I sat thru a sci fi last week, it'll be a good compromise dontcha think?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #532  
Rennie

evil
I have my moments lol. I think every woman should have two twenty five year olds. One to mow the grass without a shirt on and one to take out the trash without a shirt on lol.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #533  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5,5

Default Need Support

Good morning everyone. Here is a little about me. I am a 45 yr old mother o 3 beautiful girls. 24, 22 and 13. I recently became a Grandmother. He is 11 months old. My daughter is due in March with my first Granddaughter. Yes you can do the math 14 months between the two . Better her then me. LOL.

Here is my story I will make it short I have been yoyo dieting for many years. 2 yrs ago a friend and I decided that it was time to get down to business and Lose the weight. We joined a gym that opened at 5 am and went 4 mornings a week. We bother lost 25 + lbs her a few more then me. We looked great. Then Work threw me w wrench and changed my scheduel damaticly. I feel that routine is the key. We both have put most of the weight back on.

So we are now getting back on again. We are doing a 1200 call diet for 2 weeks to jump start our weight lose. Then back to WW. this program has always worked for me. As long as I use it right. This morning I portioned out all my food for the week. That will keep me from eating more then I should.

I guess if they can do it on Nutri system and Jenny craig I can do it to. LOL

I am hoping to get support from this thread and give it back to you.

Karen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontday1.JPG (16.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #534  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all - I'm still dealing with my crummy cold, but have been drinking lots and lots of water and getting lots of rest. A friend brought me over some Porgresso chicken noodle soup (the 100 calorie kind) so I'm going to be eating that today for lunch.

This certainly is a strange way to start my WW adventure. I am doing the flex plan and the only problem I'm having right now is getting all my food points in each day. But, if nothing else, I may get a jump start on some weight loss. LOL. I do know WW works - it's worked for me many times - but I'm hoping this is the last time I will have to start it and hope to eventually reach my goal and be able to maintain.

Tammy
Old 12-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #535  
Rennie

40before
Hope you are feeling better soon

Karen
Good luck to you. I use fitday to make sure I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in a day. Anyway we can portion ourself is always good.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #536  

S/C/G: 211/211/135

Height: 5'0"

Karen,
Boy I wish I had a penny for everytime I lost wieght then gained it back plus some, I would be living a lot better then I am now.
Can I ask what part of Michigan you are from? I am in the Lansing area.

My vacaction is coming to a close and I am not happy about it. I could use another week, but if I did I maynot want to go back at all. Right now I am the bread winner so off to work I will go on Monday morning. At least it will only be a 4 day week.

Well the NY Giants are falling apart, so I am going to sulk. They are not my favorite team, but the quarterback is the little brother of the quarterback of my favorite team. Go Colts!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #537  
Lolla

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcomes!! This is the first blog I have had more than one response on! I was beginning to feel paranoid. (Is it my profile, do they know my house is a mess, do they not like my fat cat??? LOL)

I am still searching for the right diet. I am truly doing the New Year's resolution thing, very trite I know, but fresh start and all that. My husband and I are searching for our diet and have a couple of days left before D-day.

Today is my 22nd Anniversary. My husband bought us a Wii as our present. I am not sure if it was more for him, our daughters, or me, but I must admit I did get my patootie off of the couch and wave my arms around. The dog is completely freaked out by us playing and is a playing hazard as he gets in our way. Anyway, an hour went by before I knew it and I was roasting so I know it must burn a few calories. They need to make a Wii game that has a controller that makes your whole body have to get into it not just your arms. Although this was me playing tennis . Hee. I hate to say it, but I think I might be sore tomorrow.

Well I am Wii'd out and ready for bed. I just wanted to check in and see what was up in the blogging world. Skinny thoughts to all.

L
Old 12-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #538  
Rennie

Lolla
Anyone with a fat cat can't be all bad lol.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #539  

Happy Anniversary Lola!

I played wii over the holidays, loved it! I back handed my way thru tennis, bowled strikes, and beat the crap outta my male friend boxing, I took him down numerous times. What a fun & exciting mobile game. When they come down in price, we will own one, but by then something new and exciting will be in its place, maybe the wii wii or something....

Tonight is date night, gonna see a movie. I will not be having any popcorn, decided I ate way too much over the holidays and I don't need it. Besides tomorrow I am hostest with the mostest cooking and baking and entertaining 18, so I am sure I will not be too saintly then. Gotta go get my workout in, today 1 hr kickboxing is my exercise of choice. Happy New Year everybody.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #540  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Lolla, Your house is messy too???? I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to be the nice mom and let the kids just hang and do what they want on their vacation, which means they've been doing very few chores and it doesn't take long for the house to go to pot. My real cats are skinny but my dog is kinda fat. Do you still like me? lol Happy Anniversary!!
Wendalyn, Have fun on your date. It's been way too long since hubby and I had a date night. DS went straight from soccer and football into basketball (1 week w/o any sports) so our extra time has gone to zilch. It's getting to be time to make us a priority!!!
Good morning Rennie. Anything exciting in your neck of the woods?
My plans for the day include Scene It Jr and Rush Hour 3 on video. Everything in between needs to be figured out yet. I'm thinking no exercise today. I've been pushing pretty hard in the snow and up the hills, but then again tomorrow is my official weigh in for the end of Dec so......of course I feel compelled to do at least a little something.
Have a great day all!
Closed Thread