Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies. Well I realized that I forgot to mention that I'm leaving for VEGAS this Thursday....which should be very interesting. I'm really nervous about the amount of food/buffets that are going to around me. I know I'll be doing lots of walking, but I really don't want to sabotage myself. I come from a big Italian family, and to them eating=happiness - so I know there's going to be lots of pressure. So far I am down 4.5 since last week...I just need to stay motivated! Sorry for the rant-LOL! Have a great day :-)
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #122  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
You and me both! Hubs rolls his eyes when I'm watching "another food show". The latest was Food, Inc. Afterwards, I asked him if he knew how many chickens we could have in the city limits. No...seriously - I think it's 3.
My parents told me about Food, Inc. They've stopped ordering chicken at restaurants and are looking for a place to buy organically raised chickens in their area to cook at home. I'm kinda afraid to watch that one...

Hope you are up and around and feeling better today.

Tuesday is going OK. I have a parents association lunch today (I'm on the board so I have to go...) at a "Southern Comfort Food" kind of restaurant. I'm hoping I can get a salad or something....last time I went there I got lured by the fried green tomatoes (they are surprisingly good...and this coming from a good CA girl ). I can do better, I will do better...or at least I will try to minimize the damage and run my tail off in PT this afternoon...

Anyway, hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful Tuesday!

Last edited by AFChick; 01-12-2010 at 10:37 AM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Today is my official weigh in day, and I lost 3 pounds exactly! I'm so excited!I was a little worried, after my weekend, and then yesterday a friend took me to lunch at a mexican place and I had a chicken quesadilla and plenty of chips and salsa lol. Plus I did no exercise yesterday, so I was nervous about today....So glad that weigh in is over
Not much going on here today, gotta get the house straightened up and laundry caught up. I'd like to finish my book, I'm reading the Twilight Saga just because I wanted to know what all the hype was about, now I'm addicted lol. I am at the end of the last book though, so maybe I can get that finished today...
Have a great day guys!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lots2go View Post
I'd like to finish my book, I'm reading the Twilight Saga just because I wanted to know what all the hype was about, now I'm addicted lol. I am at the end of the last book though, so maybe I can get that finished today...
Have a great day guys!!
I started reading New Moon, because DH wants to wait to see movies until their out at Netflix...I got hooked too. I read Ecclipse. I can't wait to read the last one, but I'm being cheap and waiting for it to come out in paperback...I hate to pay $16 for a book I'm going to read once when I can get in for $7 in paperback. I should try Amazon...Walmart has only had hardback copies....I guess I could go to the library, but they never seem to have the latest books on the shelves....
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #125  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Hello everybody!

Been puttering around on the forums since December but I've finally decided today is the day I start changing my life. I walked to Sobeys about 10 city blocks away, that took me a good 15 minutes or so, then I walked home. Took about 10 minutes longer coming home because of the ice on the sidewalks, but I didn't mind overly much. I LOVE walking! It's my favorite form of exercise!

Today's calorie intake was really interesting... I guesstimated my weight to be around 218 and Fitday told me my caloric intake for fat loss was 1744.

Breakfast was a premade breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg and cheese, a 28g bag of regular Lay's potato chips and a can of ginger ale. (My stomach upsets very easily these days.) Total calories: 510.

Lunch was a tortilla wrap with one slice of bologna, one slice of cheese and about 2 tbsp. of Miracle Whip Calorie-Wise mayonnaise and roughly 1/5th of a 591 ml bottle of Pepsi. (I'm not counting the Pepsi with my lunch because it'll take me all afternoon to drink it.) Calorie count for lunch: 400.

Supper today is pork chops (each one is about the size of my palm), macaroni with grated cheese melted into it, carrots and coleslaw mix with dressing. I have no idea how many calories are in the pork chops or the macaroni because I put the macaroni into a container and threw out the bag! But I usually put in 2 to 3 small handfuls in the pot and that's enough for me and my 11 year old son who's skinny as a freaking RAKE no matter how much he eats! (No tubby tummy for MY little man! I watch what he eats like a HAWK!)

My goal is to go from 218 to 180 by January 12th, 2012... Sounds reasonable, no? The only problem I can foresee is my willpower, or lack thereof! LOL
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #126  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

staffingchick - have FUN in on your vacation!! Be sensible, but remember to enjoy yourself.

AFChick - hope you had success at the restaurant

Lots2go - WTG GIRL!! And the pounds just melt away...

MisfitRycher -

Still under the weather due to my breast infection. Had a very severe dizzy spell this morning and DH had to help me to bed about 10am. He has been wonderful taking care of the kids. I drug myself out of bed for lunch service - could here him getting frustrated with the older kids. He just went to get a few groceries (this house goes through a ridiculous amount of fruit and milk!!) and I'm hoping to crawl back into a hole and die when he gets back.

I think the worst part about this is still having to nurse the baby on the "bad" side. :scream:

On the up side - I was a bit lighter this morning. No workouts while I'm sick, but still counting every little calorie. I hope to be significantly better by morning. Two days is PLENTY.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 01-12-2010 at 03:49 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChick View Post
I started reading New Moon, because DH wants to wait to see movies until their out at Netflix...I got hooked too. I read Ecclipse. I can't wait to read the last one, but I'm being cheap and waiting for it to come out in paperback...I hate to pay $16 for a book I'm going to read once when I can get in for $7 in paperback. I should try Amazon...Walmart has only had hardback copies....I guess I could go to the library, but they never seem to have the latest books on the shelves....
i got mine all at the library uber cheap FREE
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #128  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChick View Post
My parents told me about Food, Inc. They've stopped ordering chicken at restaurants and are looking for a place to buy organically raised chickens in their area to cook at home. I'm kinda afraid to watch that one...
Sounds like your chickens are battery-farmed: exceedingly small living quarters, corn-fed, debeaked, and forced to stand day and night. Males are literally thrown away when they're born. That is not natural behaviour for chickens. Organic/free-range chickens are the best choice because they've been able to exhibit natural behaviour, live in the dust, peck at the ground for food and move about freely. And I only buy free-range eggs, even if they are more expensive.

We're allowed to keep chickens in the city limits here, so we're looking to get a chook house and a few ex-battery hens.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post
Sounds like your chickens are battery-farmed: exceedingly small living quarters, corn-fed, debeaked, and forced to stand day and night. Males are literally thrown away when they're born. That is not natural behaviour for chickens. Organic/free-range chickens are the best choice because they've been able to exhibit natural behaviour, live in the dust, peck at the ground for food and move about freely. And I only buy free-range eggs, even if they are more expensive.

We're allowed to keep chickens in the city limits here, so we're looking to get a chook house and a few ex-battery hens.
I guess I need to watch the documentary and stop living in denial...I don't consider myself an animal rights person, but that makes me ill and angry to treat any creatures that way! I love America, but what we do to our food supply is horrid! (I do buy free range eggs, but I need to do the same with the chicken...)
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #130  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Hey, all!

*singing* School's back for winter!!!!

The plus of this is that I have a lunch-hour seminar on Tuesdays. This forces me to eat a 'sane' lunch and not snack all afternoon. Result -- down to 218!!! Win!!!!

Also, weather returning to relatively normal. Dog walking possible again!
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #131  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've been avoiding that documentary for the same reason...living in denial...I guess I should check it out...
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #132  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post

That is why I only buy free range chicken. There are lots of chicken farms around here because of a chicken processing plant in the area. Yuck! It makes me sick really. I see the chickens loaded in tiny changes and shipped with no cover from the wind on the way to slaughter. We are talking about windchill factor of -5 and I still saw a truck with no tarp or anything on it. I know they are going to be slaughtered but that's just torture. I didn't see the Food, Inc but have saw clips of videos mostly on the internet. I also saw one about cattle. Sad really that some people are so cruel.
We usually raise our own beef but with my FIL sick I am about to run out and there are no more left. Not sure where I am gonna get beef now. Homegrown tastes so much different than store bought.

So I am still very disappointed about my weigh in. I know I shouldn't dwell on it but I am. I am still trucking along and hope to see a better loss next week. Part of my problem is exercise. I have been doing DDR and some of the Wii fitness. It is supposed to warm up this weekend and I plan to get back into walking. There is a track around the school I work at that is nice. The only drawback is I have to leave work, go to another school 15 min away to pick up DD, then drive back to work. I think I need to make some sacrifices in order to get what I want. And what I want is a slimmer body.
I know what I need to do now all I need to do is DO IT!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #133  

I did OK at the restaurant yesterday...I did get lured with fried green tomatoes...I think I jinxed myself by mentioning them....this place doesn't have a set menu, it changes daily, and they only have the tomatoes once in a while...had them yesterday.

What I did was only get the veggie plate (4 side items) so I minimized total damage to only 639 calories...made up for it by eating less at dinner.

I did, however, feel those blasted deep fried tomatoes in every step of my afternoon interval run ...UGH!!!!! It may have cured me of wanting them, possibly forever...

Last edited by AFChick; 01-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #134  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey all - feeling better today. Might wait one more day to workout - still pretty tired. All daycare kids are here today and we HAD to get back to schooling. My 2nd grader is pretty resistant - 4 days off was to many for her. Though things are moving along fairly well - the babies took a nice hour nap from 9-10 and we are on schedule for completing Language Arts in the morning. I actually have a few minutes before I have to start lunch.

Squeak - I know you are disappointed - but DONT do what I did when that happened to me. I went on a 4 day bender and gained 4 pounds. Now THAT was stupid. hang in there.

Well, time to start lunch. I have some leftover steak to slice thin and mix with noodles for the kids. Talk about fresh beef - ours had a name less than a month ago! When I cooked the steaks last night I thanked God and thanked the cow...it's SO good.

Have a GREAT DAY everyone!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Talk about fresh beef - ours had a name less than a month ago!

Have a GREAT DAY everyone!
I'm not sure I could know the name of my steak and still eat it... We had chickens in the yard when I was a teenager...we inherited them from a neighbor. We ate the eggs, but my mom named the 2 chickens, talked to them every morning and cried when one of them got eaten by a stray dog...they definitely would never have been our dinner...once it's named, it's a pet unfortunately...

I like good old anonymous meat...