Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #271  

Height: 5'6"

kuchick, glad you resolved your problem without resorting to chocolate. I work in a school setting and understand your frustration. I am sorry the prinicpal doesn't realize what is best for your son. You are right rewarding them isn't going to make things easier in the long run. Anyway, kudos for how you handled the situation.

Only a lb loss this week but I am not disappointed. A lb every week adds up over time!

I have no computer at work. My poor computer has the trojan horse virus and I have to wait on a tech to come out and fix it

I am still exercising up a storm (tonights my night off) and yesterday did Jillian Michaels Banish Fat , wow... I actually loved it. I am not a big Jillian fan but she is growing on me. I have been doing a different dvd everyday so I won't get bored with it. I need to order some more, anyone have any good suggestions?

After my weigh in tonight Dh wanted mexican, oh my.. but I had the points for it so we went. On our way there we got mooned by some stupid punks. Seriously, my child was in the car. What idiots!! If I could have, I would have paddled everyone of them. Then I was so mad I didnt want to eat, which helped me out in the long run. I ended up stopping after half of my meal, plus I was already full. Dh ate the rest of mine (he's a pig) and then he finished off Dd's (told ya he's a pig).
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #272  
Because I Can

kuchick, so sorry for stupid people.

I hate the scale. I don't have a regular TOM so I never know if it's related or not. I have felt bloated all week. Even though I didn't watch my calories too carefully on Friday and Sat, I should have done well enough to have a loss. Oh well, like pixie said, what else are we going to do but kepp on?

Maybe it was because I didn't post very much all week?
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #273  
Because I Can

Let me ask ya'll something...

Have any of you ever experimented with calories and exercise by burning more than you ate? I ate 1200 and burned like 1000 working out. I am just curious what will happen. I'm only going to do this today and it is kind of by accident. Just thought I would ask. I wonder how long it takes your body to go into a starvation mode and how long it takes to come out of it?
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #274  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick View Post
I have a child with Asperger's Syndrome - it's a high-functioning form of Autism.
I have a son with Asperger's and I totally hear you! It's really hard when your kid is not only smarter than all his teachers, but smarter than you as well. (I have a PhD and he gave me a run for my money from the time he was 6. He's now 9 and man, oh man...it's all I can do to stay a half step ahead of him!)

After the third school kicked him out, we finally put him in an alternative learning school. They work with us and it's a team approach to give him the environment he needs to learn. It was like night and day! I actually like parent-teacher conferences now. He's been in the school for 3 years now and the results have been amazing. I don't know if there is one available where you live, but I highly recommend it if you can find one.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #275  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
Let me ask ya'll something...

Have any of you ever experimented with calories and exercise by burning more than you ate? I ate 1200 and burned like 1000 working out. I am just curious what will happen. I'm only going to do this today and it is kind of by accident. Just thought I would ask. I wonder how long it takes your body to go into a starvation mode and how long it takes to come out of it?
I did that back in my undergrad days...many, many, many moons ago...I used to eat about 1000 cals/day and then make sure I burned that many (at least). I got really run down. I actually started sleeping alot (over 10 hours/night) and couldn't get up in the morning. I ended up going to the doctor because I thought I must be anemic...the doctor told me to eat more...and put me on a 1500 cal/day diet...she tried to get me to do 1800 but I freaked out a bit...

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend doing that for very long and really watch your reasons for doing it. For me, it became an obsession, kind of like a weird form of anorexia...I could eat, but only if I burned all the calories off leaving nothing for my BMR to sustain my body. I think if I hadn't gotten help when I did, I could have gone down a bad road...so just be careful.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote