Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #31  

Height: 5'6"

((Kathy)) We posted at the same time!

I have two doggies too. A Beagle that acts just like Marley from Marley and Me, and a Jack Russell mix that is a sweetheart.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 285/285/200

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy The new year

Well, I first want to say that I haven't been able to get on due to my kids downloading from a certain free music website so I have a virus. The rest of this year can't be as horrible as my year started out. I try to stay positive.It seems like everyone's life on here is so awesome. I really don't want to post negative stuff but it is MY reality. I had my 15 yr old sneak out of his grandmas house with my two nephews NYE, I went into work 3 hours early after picking them up, only to nearly get fired due to stress and lack of sleep. Needless to say after working from 4am to 7pm figuring out the problem...I still have a job, and my son is all in one piece-minus his lifeline(cell phone). That was a great start to the new year and it can only get better.
Today is my B-day and I plan to work out everyday despite the fact that I may not be able to get on the computer. I have a husband who seems to sabotage every diet I go on. I actually started my diet yesterday. I did great all day...until he brought home the ICE CREAM CAKE. He knew I was starting my diet. Unbelievable. I hope I haven't bummed all of you guys out. Yea 2010
nuunikki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #33  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

nuunikki9: I'm so sorry to hear about your holiday. Please feel free to post and vent anytime. That's what we're all here for...not just for the hoo-rays, but for the hugs and got your backs. I'm dreading the teen-age years...my oldest is 9 and thinks he's 15, so I'm sure there's fun in store. Sorry to hear your husband is not on-board. Mine will suggest fattening restaurants and then gripe at me for a treat that I planned in my food log! Men just don't get it sometimes. Maybe suggest to him that next time he bring home some fruit to go with treats, so that you can enjoy something with them or that he take the kids out for icecream. That way you avoid temptation and get some glorious alone time...

KathyinAL: Ya, I live in AL too and it's not supposed to be this darn cold! We're supposed to get some snow accumulations on Thursday and I know it's going to shut down the state...

All: Thanks for the encouragement on the marathon training...My goal is to get to 160 and then start a training program. I ran (well Jeff Galloway run/walk program) one marathon back in '01 and it was pretty addicting.

I did pretty good yesterday. Kept to about 1800 calories and ran 3 miles (treadmill of course since it's dang cold!). Did I mention, I HATE cold!

Anyway, everyone have a great day!

Last edited by AFChick; 01-05-2010 at 10:54 AM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Just reading some of your posts, and it looks like we all share some things in common. I am excited to be back on track. After seeing a nutritionist through the summer and learning what I need to do...it's time to get it done for good this time! There's something about starting a new year that makes me feel so good! I am a mother of two, and run my own business - so I do alot of eating on the run (not good)! I am looking forward to getting to know you, as well as find some inspiration from your stories as well. I'm sure we could all help one another out. I've been on this weight rollercoaster for years, and I'm SO ready to get healthy. Good Luck to all, and remember...Nothing worth having ever comes easy!!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 285/285/200

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the encouragement. My weight has been a battle since I was five. I actually beat it in my early teen years, only to add it back on plus some once I had my children. This is a battle I will not quit! [FONT="Georgia
nuunikki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #36  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm in & out. Running out the door now. Going to back doctor, then to the college, then to the dentist (ouch) for a crown.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'3

nuunikki9: don't worry that's what we are here for! the start to the new year was a little rough for me too. my 18 month old has been a little butt because we were off for the holidays and her whole routine went out the door. I was actually a little glad to get back to work and back to our normal schedule. She seems to be liking it too! My husband and I actually had a New Year "do-over" because we had such a rough start.
sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #38  
Goodbye Fat!

The statement about the extra pressure on your back with the weight is so true! I have never had back problems in my life until I started putting on the weight. I actually stepped off a step wrong at the movies on Saturday and am still feeling some of the pain. I too would love to run a marathon on day actually trained for the San Franciso Marathon to run with a friend in honor of her Mom but found out I was pregnant. My knees would not forgive me if I started running right now, I need to get some pounds off.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #39  

10 pounds can make a world of difference in how pleasant running is. Just going from 202 to 191 made it so much better. I'm looking forward to seeing what 145 will feel like.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

nuunikki9
I know how you are feeling, my oldest daughter (19 now) went through a stage where I think I was stressed, worried, pissed and crying daily for a few years. Don't feel bad for venting, you need to let it out instead of keeping it all inside where it does nothing positive for you.

If you need to chat feel free to PM me. *hugs*
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #41  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Chicks!

Just a quick check in. I'm loosing it today...kids. I'm actually sending in my resume for a bookkeeping job I can do from home with one day in the office per week (likely my hubs day off). The daycare gig is okay - but I've found that being tied to the house and at the mercy of parents pick up times to do things like go to the library and grocery store is a drag. I would also like to get my homeschoolers involved in some drama, art and music classes at the local co-op, but those classes meet during the day when I babysit.

Hubs is home today and made Cheesy noodles for lunch. A hit with the kids, but too many calories per cup for me. Maybe a protein bar for me.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #42  

I decided to do my daily lunch walk...did I mention it's dang cold for Alabama right now? I know, I know, the folks up north are laughing at me right now...I mean, I've lived in Ohio and Michigan and northern Virginia, this really isn't cold, right? But I think my blood has thinned or something in the last 2 years...I mean come on, what good is putting up with 100 degrees and 95% humidity in in August if I have to be cold in the winter too...

Anyway, I walked...did my whole 3 miles...done whining now...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #43  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Well, to make you all pea green with envy, it's warm, sunny and beautiful down here in New Zealand! I love summer!!

There are 3 major challenges coming up this weekend.

My MIL's birthday is Friday, so we're going over there for a fish-n-chip lunch. WTF can I get at the Oyster Farm that isn't deep fried and swimming in salt?! I'd like to bring a protein bar and a salad, but DH says that'll be really rude. I'm going to be peeling off the batter on my fish or find a burger I can eat after I degrease the whole thing.

Oh, here's where we're going... again, just to make you green with envy!
http://www.ohopebeachholidayhouse.co...pe-Beach-1.jpg

The second challenge is Friday night dinner. Looks like DH wants to go out for dinner in Rotorua- 1/2 hour from where we live and an hour and a half from his parents' place. Again, finding anything here in a restaurant that isn't swimming in butter or gravy or isn't deep fried is really difficult.

Third- going back to Rotorua on Saturday for a girls' shopping day with my two best mates, who aren't on diets... though I'm starting to get very concerned about one of them. It's morning tea in town and lunch out in Rotorua.

Yikes! I'm not looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #44  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

I am going to jump in on this thread too, ok? My name is Melissa. Everyone calls me Mel. I have 4 daughters aged 1-18. I homeschool. We have lived in AZ for the last 3 years. We are from southern CA. The weather here is really nice. (sorry) You all can rub it in come summer when you take your snowbirds back. Lol

Mollie, that is SO awesome about the 20 minute run!!! Today is day 1 of week 2 for me on the c25k. I was kind of running before starting this, but never timed myself. That 20 minute run looming is kind of freaking me out. I would totally bring food with me to the restaurants. I have done it before. Can you go online and decide what you’re getting from the nutrition guide on their web site?

AFChick, you remind me so much of myself. I read your bio a couple days ago and kept thinking, “Hey! That’s just like me!” I was going to post my bio, but there’s some disclaimer saying that you have to be on here for 30 days or they’ll remove it. I wussed out until the 30 days. The full marathon is a bit over-whelming for me, but I want to do a ˝ marathon FOR SURE. I am considering signing up for a 5k on 2-20. After I am comfortable with the 5ks I am going to start a 10k training program then the ˝.

MotherMe, have you ever tried rebounding? It is a killer workout. All you need is one of those mini trampolines. I just recently started reading about it. It strengthens your knees too for any of you who have knee issues.

Squeak, omg 4 #s is GREAT! A clean house and nothing to do? Is that eve possible?!?

Kpme, what pace do you run? I do about a 4.0. Super slow.

Nuunikki9, I agree with AFChick & sockmonkey. I’m sure there are going to be PLENTY of times when all of us need to vent too. My DH does the same thing with my diet. I think he’s secretly paranoid that I am going to get all hoochy-mama if I lose weight. We went out to eat the other day. I had soup and salad. He had a bacon cheeseburger, fries and cheesecake. When we left, I felt satisfied and energetic. He wanted to take a nap. It was great.

OK. Long enough I guess.

-Mel.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #45  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
Mollie, that is SO awesome about the 20 minute run!!! Today is day 1 of week 2 for me on the c25k. I was kind of running before starting this, but never timed myself. That 20 minute run looming is kind of freaking me out. I would totally bring food with me to the restaurants. I have done it before. Can you go online and decide what you’re getting from the nutrition guide on their web site?

What I really liked about the C25K is that once you hit the 20 minute mark, you know you can do the next 5, 8 and 10 minutes after that. I've got the 25 minute run tomorrow (a day early) and I'm somewhat psyched about it, somewhat worried. But I reckon, I did 2 lots of 10 minutes today. That's pretty good. Week 7, here I come! I just need a LOT of positive self-talk (usually out loud while I'm running ) to get me through the last 5 minutes! I'll cover my minute-timer up with my towel and track time with my ipod.

None of the restaurants post their nutritional information online. I think it's because they don't want people knowing how many calories they're eating. I've looked through the menus of a few places and have written down what I can have with substitutions that are the lowest calorie options (not necessarily low-calorie though!). I might also write down a few options for cafes around town.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote