Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. It's dead here today. I guess because it's Saturday. I had a good day and was on plan. I have weigh-in in the morning and I couldn't cheat. I'm hoping to see a loss.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! It's cold here...too cold for Mississippi.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

i've done pretty good this week until last night. we were invited to a friends house last night for dinner and i ate WAY too much. ribs, mac and cheese, mashed potatos, green beans, salad and cookies! geez i hate when i do that!! i was doing so well all week, and then totally blew it last night. i could have cut back a lot. oh well, today is a new day and i'll climb right back on the wagon. already had my bran flakes for breakfast w/ 2 cups of coffee......
Old 01-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Yep, today is a new day!!! Hop back on this wagon!!!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

I did pretty okay this week, fell off the diet wagon with the new year but got back on on Monday. The exercise has been great,but oh my I feel it in regards to my endurance due to not exercising for 2 weeks due to holidays! Hopefully I'll have a good weigh-in tomorrow A.M.

It's soooo cold!!! Had a $350car repair bill and now I get to look for 2 new tires! Ugh!!! Not much else new with me. Catching up on some reading, still looking for a perm job and contemplating getting a second job working weekends somewhere. Catching up on some reading as well.

Have a good week ladies!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #110  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Good morning...I was MIA all weekend...

I was just about to post on Sat morning when DH decided we had to go pick up my car right then...then the weekend got away from me.

On the upside, my car just had a broken fuel sensor (covered under the extended warranty), so cost me nothing....YAY!!!!

Downside, I lost 2 pounds (of the same 2 pounds gain/loss for the last month) and then gained 1 back on today's weigh-in...I guess it's good that I didn't gain both back, but IT'S SO FRUSTRATING....I went 6 miles yesterday (3 walk/3 run)...I walked 5.25 miles on Saturday...I was 1700 cal Sat and 1250 Sun and I gained a pound!!!! UGH!!!!! OK, done venting....must focus and stay the course right?

Last edited by AFChick; 01-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

today is my day off from exercise. I might get a mile or 2 in tonight when I get home, but we'll just have to see. I work all day today at our church, and then stay for a Bible study, I don't get home until after 9 so we'll just have to evalute the situation when i get there have a good day folks!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #112  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

A little frustrated with weigh in today, I was on plan and exercising all week, and only a 2 lb loss, up from my weigh in on Thursday by 3 lbs But, if I hadn't been scale addicted, I wouldn't have known about that, so I guess it's my own fault. Next week should be sweet if I can up my water intake and get rid of some of this bloating.
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #113  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Been quiet about the General Life stuff:

Snowpocalypse hit Thursday Night. Eleanore got her first Snow experience, which was hysterical -- first, the sniffing of the snow-covered ground, then the snow-falling air, then the skidding and slipping on the snow-covered ice while she attempted to romp with Halifax. It was reminiscent of Bambi.

I might have laughed.

You know, a lot.

School resumes today; I'm back in tomorrow. Last class before comprehensive exams!!! Working on a Piled Higher and Deeper in poli sci (focusing on political economy). It would be nice if the blasted accountants would post the fee waivers BEFORE the last day for fee-drop: I had to re-register and they haven't processed the money-work. Again. Yargh.

Roommie's car has to go to Shop: brakes / steering wonky. I get to find out how the Tech shuttle works, 'cause they want their book back, and I want to be able to renew my other library books.

8 lb since Thanksgiving! LOST over the holidays! WIN!!!

Off to torture data!

--Shrewkate
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend and stayed warm during the cold weather. I was down 2.6 lbs this week, which is great considering I didn't work out much. I was really strict on my caloric intake and stayed within 1200-1300 calories. This week I really plan to get my butt in gear exercise wise!

Well, here's to a good week for us all!!!
sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #115  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, I didn't get to work out much, but I did manage to lose weight this past week. I'm trying to ensure that once I lose this weight that I will keep it off. Slowly but surely I will lose this weight and it will be WONDERFUL!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #116  
Because I Can

Bensempress, Congratulations on reaching Onederland and on your looser pants! Thatís great! Do you have some insurance that is helping fix those things the lightning broke? Yay! for a fellow Niners fan! A SF tattoo is going to be one of my weight-loss rewards. I have wanted one for like 15 years. My DH is a Raiders fan. It never bothered us since we are in dif. conferences. I guess in the Bay area that it is a HUGE deal. Who do you want to win the Super Bowl? I donít care as long as it is NOT AZ. Sucks living here with Cards stuff everywhere.

Mollie, I hope my post didnít come off as arrogant. Sometimes itís tricky to word things when writing and make them have the meaning you want them too. I really am genuinely curious about other countries and their cultures. One day I am going to win the lottery and just travel the world. Of course I donít play the lottery so that makes my chances a little slimmer. Thatís so cool that you donít put all the additives in your food there. I heard Switzerland just outlawed trans fat. Wouldnít that be great? People think my DH is Samoan all the time. He is Mexican. He just has a sturdy build.

Lots2go, great job on getting right back on your plan! Donít beat yourself up too much. 3 of the things you mentioned are veggies. (that was my glass Ĺ full insight) :]

Shea5, you and me both. I weighed in a couple days ago and was at 210. Today is weigh-in day and I was at 212.5. Is it cheating to take a laxative or diuretic the day before you weigh-in? (joking)

I spent the weekend tackling my huge stack of coupons. I am one of those crazy ladies that have all of their coupons neatly organized into a binder. Most of them expire at the end of the year and then in January it rains coupon inserts. It took the whole weekend to get caught up. Anyway, I have been working out and diligently writing down everything Iím eating. I weighed in a couple days ago at 210 and was cautiously thrilled. Yesterday I decided that my body could use the shock of a splurge day so I had pizza and chocolate. I am guessing that it was only about 500 calories over my 1550. Today was weigh in day and I weighed 212.5 which is only 1# down from last Monday. I feel like total poop. Iím nauseous and I feel totally bloated. *Note to self NEVER eat pizza again!*

Hope yaíll are doing great!

-Mel.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #117  
Because I Can

I got a signature!!!
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #118  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
That’s so cool that you don’t put all the additives in your food there. I heard Switzerland just outlawed trans fat. Wouldn’t that be great?
-Mel.
I would LOVE it if the U.S. would ban some of the crazy food additives we put in stuff. I'm just about ready to put a hydroponic green house in my back yard and grow my own stuff. (Actually I was pricing them just before DH got laid off work, so I had to put it on hold...)

I lived in Europe for a few months while I was writing my dissertation three years ago and I couldn't find much "convenience" food...it just wasn't in the stores. (No cake mixes, no hamburger helper, or Kraft Mac and Cheese boxes.) Because they don't have alot of that type of food, I don't think they have alot of the preservatives and other junk in their diets. I think that the lack of food additives and other junk, coupled with the extra walking they do, is why obesity is so much less prevalent over there. I lost over 20 pounds in 3 months without cutting back too much on food...just by walking everywhere and running a couple times a week.

Just my ramblings...my coworkers will tell you NOT to get me started on food additives or artificial sweetners..

Last edited by AFChick; 01-11-2010 at 03:40 PM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #119  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChick View Post
Just my ramblings...my coworkers will tell you NOT to get me started on food additives or artificial sweetners..
You and me both! Hubs rolls his eyes when I'm watching "another food show". The latest was Food, Inc. Afterwards, I asked him if he knew how many chickens we could have in the city limits. No...seriously - I think it's 3.

So proud to be affiliated with such a strong, determined bunch of women (and men, if there still are any on here). I was tallying up our losses on the BL Weigh In thread and I kept saying "Wow!" "Oh my gosh!" "Look at that!" You all have been an inspiration to me - and a driving force! I'm a bit competitive, so that helps.

Rough day today. Had to go to the doctor for mastitis. I thought I just had a clogged duct, but after breakfast it felt like a truck ran me over and I spiked a temp of 101. Broke DH's heart to have to take a vacation day...NOT. He is off on Sundays and Tuesdays - so staying home chasing kids today was okay with him. Fortunately, on Mondays I just have our 4 kids and one more infant. The big kids were okay with Mom being unable to teach school today too.

I don't mind being in bed with the laptop - although - I keep hearing thuds and running, loud cartoons and general wildness... Hmmm...maybe the baby needs to nurse - think I'll go out there and "check".

Happy Monday, all!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #120  

well I am really disappointed. I've worked really hard this week and I lost only .5 . Seriously ugh.. But, oh well, a loss is a loss is a loss. I'll take it, much better than a gain!

Not much going on here. No school again today because of the roads are still icy, and tomorrow too same reason. No school means no work for me. DD is really getting on my nerves. She is bored so she is making the rest of us miserable. Tomorrow I am going to try to get out of the house. Going to hobby lobby, drop off some things at a consignment store, donate some stuff to Goodwill and then pick up a few groceries.

Ya'll keep up the good work. One day at a time, that's how I keep my sanity.

squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote