Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #151  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Well, I very rarely want to do it, but I'd LOVE to go back to bed and sleep till noon. Cannot believe how tired I am.

This is the last week for 25 minute runs, going up to 28 next week for the couch to 5K. Is it me or does time slow down for the last 5 minutes of any workout? The music drags on, time drags on, and hitting the stop button on the treadmill sounds like such a good idea! I've really got to fight my way through the fog sometimes!

I really need to psyche myself up for this 5 minute walk/25 minute run/5 minute walk and a 25 minute bike ride and it's just not forthcoming today. Words of encouragement are appreciated.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #152  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Have to brag for a minute. I made my goal for valentines day today!! 189! New goal 179 by my big annual camping trip in 8 weeks!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #153  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Aiesline!!! Goal -AND- ahead of schedule? That's fabulous! You rock, woman!
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #154  
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiesline View Post
Have to brag for a minute. I made my goal for valentines day today!! 189! New goal 179 by my big annual camping trip in 8 weeks!
Hey! Way to go!

Your post is the one that made me get off my lazy arse and get to the gym today. I really want to be at 179 soon; I remember being there when I was 14 or 15. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #155  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

You can do it, Mollz! Think how good you'll feel afterwards!

BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #156  
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
You can do it, Mollz! Think how good you'll feel afterwards!

Thanks! I needed the cheerleaders!

I will feel good afterwards; I'll be glad that I went to the gym. If I keep telling myself that, I'll start to believe it!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #157  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Glad to provide motivation.

Okay I've come up with a plan for working on toning back up my abs. I'm going to start with one sit-up. I'm going to add one situp everyday until I'm doing 100 sit-ups a day. Anyone want to join me? I plan on starting tonight.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #158  
Carpe diem

Well, I did my 35 minutes on the treadmill: 5 walk/25 run/5 walk. I lost my concentration about minute 18 into the whole thing and struggled for the last 12 minutes of running. Couldn't find a rhythm. And worse, I got my PCOS pain in my right side, where my ovary feels like it's being stabbed with an ice-pick.

I finished, but barely. I didn't manage the 25 minutes on the bike, but I'm playing soccer tonight, so that'll make up for it.

It's so hot in a non-air conditioned gym! I rely on the fan 4 machines away to give me some air and the breeze from the window for anything else. I'm tempted to switch to the other gym because they have air-con, even if they have little else.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #159  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Aw, poor Mollz!

Today may or may not be a total waste... Breakfast was a pre-made breakfast sandwich and one hashbrown patty. The triangular ones, not the rectangles they serve at A&W. I'd say about 225 there, cause I don't know how many calories were in the hashbrown patty.

Lunch was a cup o' noodles at 190. Surprisingly, I've found that the Sapporo Ichiban ramen noodle soups have more calories in their block packages than in their cup o noodles. 500 compared to 190. HUGE difference! They may be more expensive but I'm going to buy the cup o noodles from now on.

Snacks today were a granola bar and a 28g bag of chips... 110 for the granola bar and 160 for the chips.

Beverages were a bottle of grape Crush at 312 and I've just opened a bottle of Pepsi with Lime (you can't imagine how THRILLED I was to see that!) at 264.

So that puts me at 1261 calories for the day so far... And it gives me 483 for supper, which is shake n bake chicken and carrots with a side order of mushrooms. The shake n bake has 230 calories for one piece of chicken coated in the mix... Think I can -not- go over 1744? I hope so!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #160  

Height: 5'6"

WTG Aiesline You rock girl! Hitting your goal and ahead of schedule.

Mollz- I guess I am too late for encouragemnet. But WTG on getting it done.

Not much going on here today. I did manage to clean out my computer room/spare room and even hung up pictures on the walls. We have been here since 2004 and I hadn't hung up any pictures in there yet. It was the last room to be decorated. Tomorrow I have a whole load of stuff to donate to Goodwill. Yeah!!!! No more junk! No more junk! lol

DD is really into baking lately. Cookies and such, she started a few minutes ago wanting to cook and I talked her into making Hungry Girl's recipes for Cinnamon rolls. Yummy!

Ya'll take care and have a good night.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #161  
Write It Before I Bite It

S/C/G: 212/166/145

Height: 5'5"

Well I have kind of slacked off the last couple of days but, in my defense, I have stuck to my no-food-after-9PM rule (which is when I ate most of my daily calories, to be honest!) I've done pretty well with eating breakfast every morning, keeping meals consistent and in proper proportions, and snacking healthfully to keep blood sugar steady. And I'm pretty sure I'm still well below 2000 kCal, possibly even below 1800. I just haven't been doing a very good job of monitoring every thing that goes in the mouth, which may or may not have included some unnecessary chocolate the other day. Ack! I need to refocus!

On a positive note, I cleaned out my pantry today. I am proud to report that, not only is it tidy, it's only got healthy whole grains and foods inside. And there weren't too many leftover holiday evil treatsies stuck in dark corners, either-- but the ones I did find are in the trash!!
MotherMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #162  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
AFChick, What’s up with the artificial sweetners? We use them a lot.
I read a book about them that scared the heck out of me. I haven't had any since. It talked about testing protocols, how the companies petitioning are allowed to do their own testing instead of having to pay for independent/non-biased assesments, how many of the tests have very small sample sizes, how officials at the FDA are allowed to quit and immediately go to work for the companies whose drugs they just approved, what the chemical composition of Splenda is (even though the commericial claim it's just like sugar--NOT!), and probably the most disturbing, how some of the artificial sweeteners were discovered. (One of them, I can't remember which, was discovered when they were trying to invent a pesticide. One of the researchers couldn't speak very good english. He was asked to take the sample...he thought they meant "taste" the sample...he discovered it was sweet and the rest was history...YUCK!)

Anyway, once I read all of that and since they always seem to be finding side effects from all this stuff, I decided to not have any of it anymore. The funny thing is that I felt SOOOO much better. I had been a diet Pepsi junky for years and I used to use alot of Splenda in everything. I even had this weird bump on my ear that had been slowly getting bigger over about 8 years. When I quit the sweeteners, I noticed it totally went away (after about 2 months). I can't prove that it's linked, but that was the only thing I changed in my diet/environment at that time. So, that's my story, and you're probably sorry you asked. People at work avoid such questions with me...I'm a bit passionate about it...

In case you want to read the book, it's called "Sweet Deception". You can find it on Dr Mercola's webpage.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #163  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Awesome! WTG!!!! You totally rock!

Good luck on the next goal...
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Quote:
You ROCK!!! I have a real good feeling that you will make your goal for your camping trip too!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm so confused! I've been eating more than my allowed calories, but I'm still losing. I am working out and burning a lot of calories. I make sure that my net calories are under 1300 which is my goal for each day, so does it matter that I eat some of my burned calories back?

Aiesline: WTG Girl!! That's awesome!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote