Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

whew, i've been outta the loop for awhile...I've been doing ok on my eating....better on my exercising. I ate bad Saturday and Sunday, but I'm back on track now. I did do my WATP videos Tues-Sat last week I did a total of 21 miles. I took off Sunday and Monday, and did 5 more today. Just got out of the shower, bout to get started on some house work...ugh its never ending! I did lose another 3 pounds this week though
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies!

Well I just found the perfect reward! When I hit 170lbs, which I am 5.2lbs away from, I am going to get this pendent for myself!

http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silve...952749&sr=1-16

The three things I've come to believe that not only help with our weightloss journey, but anything life has to through at us.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #183  

Height: 5'6"

Jenn- Pendant is very pretty. What a great reward!

MortonPixie- Hope you feel better soon. Must have hurt like heck. Take the time to heal but come back and let us know what happened. Was your hubby there to help with all the kids?

Yesterday was an as planned day with everything going well. I hiked with my sister and then helped her feed her livestock. Came home and cooked panko crusted chicken (baked) with corn from the garden, honey glazed carrots and roasted potatoes. DD really liked the chicken and ate 3 pieces! There was barely any chicken left for DH when he got home.

Tonight I am planning on pork tenderloin for supper. I would really love to grill it with some old bay seasoning but it's raining. Maybe the rain will let up when it's time to cook. Haven't decided on any sides yet. Maybe some brown rice and green beans.

I have had a real stressful morning. Ugh.. some parents... Why do they not get it? I feel bad for the kids mostly because it's not their fault for the way their parents are.

How is everyone else doing??
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'3

Pixie: I hope you recover from your fall soon!!

Jenn: What a great reward for yourself!!! I am sure you will enjoy wearing it!

BeachBreeze: I was thinking about putting the scale away because I've become pretty obsessed with it - I really should! I will do that as soon as I get home!!

MelO: Wow! That is amazing! I don't think I could have done it, but that is AWESOME for you!!! I hope y'all were able to sell them - who'd of thought it would cost so much to adopt!

So, I jumped on my scale this morning and I was up again - I am actually back up to 177. I could not believe my eyes. Monday morning I was 174.8 - but this is what I think was the cause - see, I take Metformin for PCOS and last week my dr. increased my dosage and so Saturday and Sunday I had diarrhea really bad (TMI I know) and I think I lost weight and became dehydrated. Well, Monday I called my doctor and she switched the Metformin to Glumetza which is an extended release version of Metformin...well, needless to say the stomach problems have stopped and I have been replenishing.

On another note, school started back up yesterday and it's going to be a busy semester. I am taking 10 hrs on top of working full time and chasing my DD around in the evenings. I really need to schedule my exercise in!!

Good luck to everyone this week! May we all find the motivation to keep going. God knows I need it the most!

sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #185  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

sockmonkey - Health problems make all of this so much harder, for sure! I would try to focus on making the right choices everyday. If you are eating well and getting your exercise in, then eventually the pieces will come together and you'll be doing the best thing for your health, too!. They have to. In the long run, your daily choices will overcome the fluctuations from meds/water weight. One day at a time.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #186  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Jenn - what a pretty and appropriate reward for your hard work!

Squeak - good job staying on track! I hear ya about parents...I have a DC baby who's mother I would like to smack around.

SockMonkey - I'm with BeachBreeze, continue making good choices and it will shake out in the end. Might take a few weeks, but where would you be if you stopped trying?

My head is getting better. I am still dizzy and my neck and back are so sore I can hardly move. I wish I could lay in bed all day and be WELL one of these days! DH had some time to take off, so he's home with me - and I told the DC parents I wouldn't be available today. I had bled pretty badly on the front sidewalk yesterday, so I think they understood.

What a klutz. I was trying to salt the front steps...stepped down the 3 front steps, hit the sidewalk at the bottom and both feet came out from under me, head cracked on the bottom step. I couldn't move, so I rolled to the side and could feel the warmth flowing down my neck. I was trying to yell, but couldn't. DH finally peeked out and saw me there. Scared the sh*t out of him. His sister's FIL just DIED of slipping on the ice and hitting his head!!

No broken bones - thank God. There were a lot of people in the ER with the same type of injury - broken wrists and head lacerations mostly. There was a news article that said that Orthopedic surgeons in this town are crazy busy right now.

My neighbor brought a casserole over, bless her heart. And...two loaves of poppy seed bread and a huge bag of Puppy Chow dessert! Man...I've stayed away from the bread, but had about a cup full of the chow.

Just wanted to check in. Took some more medicine and it's making me sleepy. Hope to be all better by tomorrow!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #187  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Good to hear that you're feeling a little better. I'd love to be spending a week in bed, minus any injuries too!

But I've got to ask because I know you're not eating dog food... what is puppy chow? Is that like Chex mix?
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #188  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Wow, that sounds bad! I guess I shouldn't complain about the "cold" we have in the south...we were only below freezing for about a week. Hope your head feels better soon and so glad it wasn't worse.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #189  

Small victory:

I had to get "taped" again today...I've lost yet another 1/2 inch in my waist! That makes 2.5 inches in 3 months--Yay! If I manage to tape the same on Saturday, I should pass my fitness test with 6 points to spare! Keep your fingers crossed for me...

Last edited by AFChick; 01-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #190  
Less than 15 now!!

Puppy Chow

9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

EVIL EVIL EVIL

Last edited by mortonpixie; 01-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #191  
Less than 15 now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChick View Post
Small victory:

I had to get "taped" again today...I've lost yet another 1/2 inch in my waist! That makes 2.5 inches in 3 months--Yay! If I manage to tape the same on Saturday, I should pass my fitness test with 6 points to spare! Keep your fingers crossed for me...
Fantastic! I'm proud of you - I know how hard you've been working. Congratulations on your consistency and perseverance.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #192  
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Puppy Chow

9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

EVIL EVIL EVIL
Wow. That sounds... fantastic. Too bad we don't have Chex here, otherwise I might have to make it.

However, that does put to mind that I can make rice krispie treats.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #193  
Carpe diem

The last couple of days I've been absolutely dead tired. Haven't eaten too much above my goal of 1390 (Tuesday's total was 1336/1390; Wednesday's total was 1441/1390 and today's is going to be 1530/1390) and considering today is only 140 calories above goal with 430 calories burned in exercise today, that's something I can live with.

I'm focussing on cardio this week since I was "off" on Monday and Tuesday and really ramping it up from Wednesday to Friday. I did my 28 minute run today (second one this week) and just about cried at 27 minutes trying to finish. I might repeat this week, get used to running for that time. I feel that I'm pushing it really hard this week doing all three runs in three days- probably why I'm so tired.

So, it's off to bed for a quick hour's nap or 1/2 hour nap because I need to start cookin' my red beans and rice.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Fantastic! I'm proud of you - I know how hard you've been working. Congratulations on your consistency and perseverance.

Thanks! I see on your ticker that you're now 7 pounds into "onederland"...congrats! I know you've been working very hard as well. Keep it up!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #195  
Less than 15 now!!

Mollz - you are really pushing with the running! You may consider upping your calories for a time (by like 200) just to get you through the training bump. I trained for a half Marathon 2 years ago and was exhausted. I also STOPPED LOSING WEIGHT while I was training because I wasn't eating enough. I was running 3 short runs per week (3mi) and one long run (up to 10mi). I needed more complex carbs for energy. Just a thought.

Well, I'm back to work today. I am allowing TV this morning to keep things mellow. I am less sore, but have more of a headache today. My poor school-agers are so far behind on their studies right now. I had 2 days off with mastitis last week, and then 2 days this week...we may have to squeeze some stuff in on Saturday this week. We always end up with enough hours, but they need to complete the coursework as well.

I majorly gnoshed on that Puppy Chow dessert last night. Doh! I have resisted the Poppy Seed Bread - I don't even want to taste it!! I love that people have helped me with meals, but the calories are killer.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday. I am debating whether to exercise tonight. I stepped on the scale and didn't like what I saw today. The pain reliever they gave me has a "slowing" effect on the digestion, so maybe I'm just full of cr*p. Water, water, water today and staying within my calorie budget.

It'll all flush out in the end...har, har, har.