Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #316  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Guess who showed up today? Yep, TTOM! Now maybe I will get rid of some of this water weight.

Ona I will take Thanksgiving day off. I will probably eat a light breakfast and whatever I want for my Thanksgiving meal. I won't eat any other meal, just that one. I won't eat salads, veggies or stuff that I eat on a regular basis. I will only eat foods that I don't normally eat.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-16-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #317  

Been a bit better this week. Not much but better than the weekend.

Had a grouse and lettuce wrap today (grouse, lettuce, red pepper, cucumber, and mayo on a whole grain tortilla) and a diet coke. Having another wrap for dinner. Snacks are cottage cheese and yogurt (not together).

Weigh-in!:
November 6: 262.4
November 7: 257.7
November 8: 261.0
November 9: 261.2
November 10: 260.0
November 11: 259.4
November 12: 259.4
November 13: 260.4
November 14: 259.4
November 15: 259.4
November 16: 258.4

Ate very little yesterday; fish and chips for lunch and then a peanut butter sandwhich, some garlic sausage, and a diet coke for the rest of the day. Not great, I know. Oh well.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #318  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

c25k Week 9 Day 1, about to go run it. It's a little late into the week to just now be starting, but better late than never. I've just been tired lately. Finals coming soon, and two term papers due within two weeks. Tuition payment due Friday, so gotta go pick up my check. blah blah blah
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #319  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I was down .8 this morning and that happy news was followed by the arrival of TTOM -- I'm hoping I can continue to lose through this.

Today's report card:

Calories 1431 Good
Sodium 1835 Good
Carbs 136 Poor
Fiber 12 Poor
Protein 141 Excellent

Rennie -- I'm sorry your day went off track; it sounded like it started off so well. I have a hard time resisting pizza too. Maybe all the running around you were doing helped to burn it up -- congrats on your .2!! Cameron is doing great, he is recovering nicely from the bite -- his stitches have not dissolved yet but they will soon. He's also about to lose one of his front teeth -- I can't wait for that and to take pictures of the gap toothed smile!

Diana -- Sorry about that gain; it does sound like a sodium/TOM conspiracy -- I'm sure it's not related to your efforts, you always give 100%. No, I wasn't really full or satisfied -- I only kept myself from eating more because I had to leave the house for an appointment By the time I came hope it had all been packed up for lunches, so I didn't feel like I could eat it. When I was off track last week I felt completely insatiable -- I ate record amounts of peanut butter (on celery, on toast, on apples, on crackers..you name it) and lots and lots of other things, but I never felt like I couldn't eat more. I think I could be satisfied with less pizza if it had more stuff on it -- I may try making my own and just make an individual one with lots of chicken, broccoli, spinach and good stuff piled on it.

Crainjo -- Congrats on your loss today!

Starbrite -- Good job on your .4 today, a dr. appt sounds like a great idea. Have you been to see your dr. lately? If not I'm sure you'll knock his/her socks off with all that you've accomplished!

Roxy -- Good job on your .8 today -- I hope it will stick for you tomorrow.

KUkkie -- I hope that TOM arrives and leaves again quickly for you!

Vixsin -- Good job on your on plan day yesterday! You read my mind about the pizza!

Ona -- Thank you Maybe it won't take a drastic reduction in your calories to get you moving. I like your idea of playing around with the macro-nutrients to see if you can get things going that way. Do you track sugars at all? I had a friend who started keeping her sugar count very low and she lost 50lbs that way. Just a thought.

Amanda -- That's very exciting about the possible SO!! Enjoy the romance, but keep your mind in the game please, you're doing so well. I hope your run went well -- you've got a full plate this week!

Amber -- Congrats on your loss!

Rainbowgirl -- Good job on your 1lb today!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #320  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Ona I will take Thanksgiving day off. I will probably eat a light breakfast and whatever I want for my Thanksgiving meal. I won't eat any other meal, just that one. I won't eat salads, veggies or stuff that I eat on a regular basis. I will only eat foods that I don't normally eat.
Diana, I just have to say that I really envy your ability to stick so close to your plan on holidays and vacations. I've watched you for a long time do these things with your planned days for eating more on the savory side of things and have watched you bounce right back the next day and back on plan as usual. Despite whatever silliness the scale gives you over the course of however many days.

For me, I have to stay very, very close to the original plan of sticking closest to healthy things but allowing a taste of this or that as well. That has seemed to work the best for me so far. That's my plan for my thanksgiving meals - I have 2 of them to go to this year. I'm not even a little bit worried. My focus is really coming back and not a minute too soon either! I'm ready for some turkey breast and find me the nearest salad and roasted veggies and it's on! I'm ready to eat healthy right in front of everyone this year!!! This will be the first year for that for me!

So Trainer Steve was a 21 yr old , blonde haired, blue eyed, bulky, beefy hunk of man. I felt like I was his mom at times. LOL He was adorable. He gave me some great information and I told him that my whole mission is to bridge the gap from cardio to weight training so that I can get a better handle on my loose skin and build some lean muscle. I have my next meeting with him next week where we will go over the plan he has set up for me.

Got a great workout tonight as well. I did 20 mins on the elliptical at ungodly resistance and then met with Steve and then hopped on the treadmill for 20 mins! I actually RAN! It felt so good to be running. I love how running makes me feel so strong! Needless to say, my legs are achey already...which means I am going to be so sore tomorrow. In a good way. Fun times! I love exercise!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #321  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Kukkie, I'll have to see if our new expanded Walmart carries it. They had there grand opening today, so hopefully no more highway travel north or south for what I need

Thanks Ona though you didn't ask me . My plan is to eat a 1/4 of a cup of what I like. I don't want to get full just be happy and satisfied with what I eat and NO seconds. I heard on the Yolanda Adams Morning show that pumpkin and sweet potato pies are the best pies for you because they are loaded with vitamins. You just need to make sure they aren't loaded with sugar. I wonder if I can substitute the sugar with Greek yogurt and would anyone know? I hope you have a great WI tomorrow also

Diana I don't typically cook like that any other time. I'm with you on eating what I don't normally eat. That's a nice way to look at it, a treat. Like Ona as I get older the less time I have to spend in the kitchen the better. Was TOM due? I'm not due until next Wednesday, smh. A 5 day weekend and I'll be on all 5 days

Rainbow, what is grouse? I thought you meant gross until you typed it again . You may not have ate so you thought on plan but you are a pound down today, so celebrate Lady

Amanda you are sticking to it and that is what matters, YOU go GIRL

Angie your numbers look great to me What are your carbs supposed to be? I can go up to 199. I was fine all day, then I decided I wanted the crust which is how it typically starts and then it was all over. But today was better. Glad Cameron is recovering nicely. Aw is this his first loose tooth? The last tooth my little one loss we forgot to go get it and she said the next morning as she hands me the tooth, "Mommy the tooth fairy didn't come!" I said I think she had a lot of home to get to and the sun came up to soon, try it again tonight . Don't ask how I forgot, I probably stayed up too late.

Well my numbers aren't what I want but they aren't as bad as yesterday.

calories 1522, carbs 175, protein 116, sodium 1976

Vixsin you are strong , glad you like Steve and you got in a good workout, hope you are too sore in the morning
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Rennie - The pills are called "PGX", not 100% sure if it's available in the USA, might be! Are you drinking water with your meals? I read that it'll help you feel fuller faster - turns every meal into soup! It's getting colder here, and colder weather usually means your body wants to pack on the pounds! Those are some impressive calories from yesterday, AND a loss from it?? Only you could pull that off!

Ona - thanks, I always want to have a beverage or 2 at hockey games, can't explain that one! Your little gain is probably due to the SF stuff, artificial sweeteners can cause water retention, I'm sure it'll be gone (if it's not already!) soon!

Amanda - Gotta have your hair match the weight loss! I love getting a new look from the hairdresser!

Angie - you are losing that vacation weight very nicely The pizza sounds pretty great! I came home tonight and Josh had chicken breasts waiting for me

Roxy - OMG! That's pretty scary stuff! You need a little vacation pretty soon here! An beach, 0 calorie pina colada in hand You are pretty active on FB these days, I'm seeing more status updates! I love and hate fb all at the same time.

I know I'm missing a lot of you, but I seem to have hit a little wall.. and it's officially time for bed! I haven't weighed, but I've been working my butt off at work, hopefully that'll translate into a loss especially since my food has actually been good! Goodnight

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #323  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Some bed-time personals

SwimGirl-Can't wait to see your loss in the morning! I'm glad you're posting as well.

Vixsin-Way to run!!! YAAAY.

Angie-"Enjoy the romance, but keep your mind in the game please, you're doing so well." I knooow I need to keep a clear head, and not let distractions in. Your report card was not bad at all, and you really are working hard after the vacay.

rainbowgirl-I'm watching your steady decline!!! Grouse...?

Amber-wow way to hit the gym lady! you'll have no troubles getting those 4 pounds off if you keep it up

Rennie-TY. I'm GOING girl! I'll talk to you in the morning!
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #324  

To those wondering: Grouse (aka ditch chickens):

We hunt them in the fall. Don't often get many of them. We have retrievers who are trained to track them if we lose them (if they happen to fly into the tree and then fall after we shoot them, they can get lost in the brush, so the dogs are trained to sniff them out, grab them and come back to us). They taste more or less like chicken (same type of meat). You can really only eat the breast on them. Blue grouse are bigger, you can roast them but not as much meat as a chicken. Very lean meat. Spruce grouse is REALLY gamey tasting, almost like chicken liver taste (bleh).

I hate to say any animal is stupid, but these things are. The last one we got in October, dad just about ran over it with the truck before he realized it actually was a bird. He thought it was a rock (they blend in really well). Rolled up to it thinking it was a rock until it was right beneath his side mirror when it -finally- lifted it's head. Backed up, got out, dispatched it, sent my dog out after it (her third retrieve ever) and voila. Dinner. They don't suffer (that one didn't.. I won't get into details but he came back missing a vital part of his body), there's no stress before they're killed and no chemicals or antibiotics are in them. Healthy meat.

We usually braise them and then roast them with cream of mushroom soup. I chose to grill mine today and make a wrap. Was ok but more gamey than usual. Have to be careful of the birdshot though; little let pellets can break your teeth if you bite down too hard.

You can sometimes find them in specialty meat shops. If you haven't tried them and want to - I would reccommend blue grouse if you can find it. Has a milder taste than the other kinds.

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 11-17-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #325  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Well I was right. 197.8 this morning. Up by 2 lbs. My legs are really sore this morning and I think they may still get worse. LOL No worries, I can still walk up and down the stairs without yelping, so I'm good. LOL Of course TOM is raging this month which is NO HELP AT ALL!! And to add to all of that, I didn't get enough sleep last night. LOL

So take your pick as to the reason I'm up 2 lbs this morning. No worries here. I am on plan today and drinking lots of water. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym today. I think I may do a little yoga today and try to stretch out my legs.

Need to get us motivated. Will check back after I get to work.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #326  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

This will be a quick post. I will do personals later. Just a quick comment, though. Aimee You are beautiful in your new avatar!

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +

Weigh In: 146.2 (TTOM)

Down: 1.2 pounds

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-17-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 289/220/189

Height: 6'1"

10/1: 215
11/1: 209
11/2: 207.8
11/3: 206.8
11/4: ???
11/5: ???
11/6: ???
11/7: 205.0
11/8: 204.6
11/9: 203.2
11/10: 202.2
11/11: 202.2
11/12: 201.2
11/13: 203.0
11/14: 203.0
11/15: 202.2
11/16: 200.8
11/17: drumroll....199.8

Woohoo! This is the first time I have seen a 1 in front of my number since I was 15...20 years ago! That is 90 pounds lost! 10 more to go! Gonna try to get a run in at lunch, then get a long run in tomorrow before I go to Louisianna to take my son to a cross country meet.
crainjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Finally, salt/popcorn is washed away!

198 this AM!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

I'm still not impressed with my scale. Yesterday was the longest day of my work life. I woke up for a 3am conference call with some people in Singapore, who then decided not to show up. Worked until about 9pm. Ate on plan, mostly. Not sure if I got all my water in. At some point I switched from coffee to tea, but I don't remember when. Went to bed at about 9:30, back up at 4:30. I'm so freaking exhausted, and I'm in the office today, with yet again lots to do. Still no sign of TOM, that's about 5 days late now. Don't laugh, I went back and did some tracking, and pretty sure I'm not preggers - probably the stress. I don't know anymore.

Confession: I kind of, sort of regret leaving my old job for this one. I've started looking again, which is adding to the exhaustion.

No time for personals, but I have to shout out two people:

Aimee I absolutely heart your new avatar picture. I had to do a double take to see who it was talking about Canada! You are freaking gorg!

crainjo Congratulations on hitting Onederland !!!!!!!!! Wow, 20 years in the making, you have been working hard to get here, and totally deserve to bask in this moment. You are going to fly like a bird through that run today!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 289/220/189

Height: 6'1"

Some have asked about how we are going to handle Thanksgiving. Well I always smoke two whole turkey breasts for my family. So I am going to load up on turkey, maybe a 1/4 cup of dressing (stuffing), then the vegetables (try to stay away from green bean casserole). I always got into trouble afterwards with the numerous turkey sandwiches. So I am gonna get some whole wheat bread instead of white, and use olive oil mayo, and limit it to one sandwich loaded with turkey. I will probably try to do a light run on that Thursday, then I have signed up to run a 15K on that Saturday.
crainjo is offline   Reply With Quote