Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #226  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

No change in my weight this morning 179.6. I ate soup for breakfast and now have this super salty taste in my mouth. I woke up at 7:18 and my stomach was a little achey so I weighed and went back to sleep until 9:25. My baby said you were in bed a long time ... you never sleep that long . I just gave her a hug and told her my body needed the rest.

Amanda, take the break this weekend but please don't throw in the towel. I'm not a runner but I think I have heard it said that when you run you build lean muscle and that could be the reason for the up'd numbers on the scale. The muscles retain water. From what I have heard here it does level out and you will get a nice whoosh

baker23 good job on the 1.8lbs down

Thanks Diana I'm not sure what it is, I don't want to say was because it's still early in the day. I know that I am not in the clear just yet because I opened a pack of chocolate chip cookies for the kids and the smell was overwhelming. I do know that I can't continue to eat this salty soup.

crainjo good job on the pound down

Kukkie good job on the 1.5lbs down House cleaning is a great calorie burner

Lori hoping for an OP weekend for you

Hope everyone has a great weekend
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #227  

baker23: Congrats on the 198! Let's hope for never seeing that 200 again!

Diana3271: Congrats on the 1.2lb loss. As for my plan? It's just healthy eating (a la Canada Food Guide) but fresh vegetables and whatnot are expensive here and I have ..no money.. between now and December 4th that I can really spend except that which is on one of my credit cards. I don't REALLY want to use it if I can help it, so I may have to slip off the diet and eat the food in the house that I have that isn't 100% on the plan. I'll just be sure to incorporate exercise every day.

crainjo:
4 pounds since Monday is an excellent thing! Don't worry - it WILL happen!

Kukkie84:
You could add all the numbers up and divide them by how many numbers and just get the median But your way sounds easier lol Congrats on the loss either way - and on the 12 hours of sleep - IMPRESSIVE!

LoriAS:
I hear you about planning meals on the weekend. I tend to just not be hungry on the weekend and then when I get hungry, I junk food it. I figure though, 2 days out of 7 isn't a big big deal for me. Congrats for holding steady though (better than gaining!)

love2b150:
I'll check with my cell provider and see about their plans for texting to the US; I might be able to add your number to my 'friends' list which allows me free texting and whatnot to those numbers. I'll see! Ya gotta be careful with the packaged/canned soups - they have so much salt in them! I can't eat them b/c I can't stand the taste of salt to begin with and I retain water with even a "normal" amount of salt in my diet. The sleep sounds fabulous though!

Me!:
Weigh-in!:
November 6: 262.4
November 7: 257.7
November 8: 261.0
November 9: 261.2
November 10: 260.0
November 11: 259.4
November 12: 259.4

Stepped on the scale several times this morning to the same number, so I guess that's what it is. I'm not complaining, I deviated so far off plan yesterday I'm surprised there wasn't a GAIN. I had several bowls of pasta (although only about a cup in each bowl or so) and then some other stuff (chocolate) I really shouldn't have had but I did. I'm not regreting it - I enjoyed it since I've been so good all week.

I was going to take the dog for a walk, but it's raining quite heavily and I'm not sure I really want to do that. I do have a nice big umbrella, so I suppose I could (and should). Or I can wait a few more hours and hopefully it will taper off before it gets dark.

Cheers!

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 11-12-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #228  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

a BIG congratulations to BAKER23

Did you hear? She reached ONEderland!!!! 1--
1--
1-- 1--

Cheers to you my dear!
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #229  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

so I have a goal, one that is the highly superficial. One of my weight loss goals is to make my co-workers notice I've lost weight. No one has noticed/said anything. I'm going to lose so much that they have to address the svelte elephant in the room.

Last edited by aka8941; 11-12-2011 at 04:54 PM.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

@baker23
Congrats on onederland!!!!

Since the time change I finally got back to my old sleeping schedule! Start using my elliptical again tomorrow and cant wait! I use the myfitnesspal app for my phone if anyone else uses it and wants to be friends on there let me know
Bulletproof Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #231  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Disastrous I tell you! I made some mahi tacos for dinner tonight. I didn't put much seasoning on the mahi. I wanted to keep my sodium low. Everything was good until I decided that I wanted more flavor and started putting taco sauce all over my tacos. That was a total brain fart, thank you very much. Taco sauce/Mexican food does crazy things to me. I will definitely see a gain tomorrow morning. I will have to keep an eye on my sodium this week. Next weekend is DH's and my anniversary. We are going to my favorite steakhouse. I don't like my weight bouncing around too much when I plan to eat off plan.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-12-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #232  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

well I managed to stay out of the bathroom today, woohoo I ate pasta with cheese sauce (box) and green beans and 2 corn muffins. I don't know what my numbers will be in the morning but I feel good. My stomach isn't achey nor is it bloated. Keeping my fingers crossed though. I want to go to the early service tomorrow, I missed it last week because stupid me set all of the clocks correctly but set my alarm wrong don't ask, idk

Numbers ~
calories 1250, carbs 205, protein 24, sodium 4015 <--- ridiculous again

Rainbow, I usually have an issue right away with the salty taste in things but the Ritz that said a hint of salt had no salt (the kids hate them YAY) so I didn't notice right away. I hope you can stay kinda sorta <--- (my hubby hates when I say that ) on plan. It's better than not at all. I hear you on the healthy foods costing too much, why is that? smh. I am out of a lot of things also and can't get them right away. I can make about 8 protein shakes though Hope you got your walk in

Amanda go for it, I'm sure they've noticed but people just don't know what to say, so they just don't say anything, but once one person says something the rest will chime in

Bulletproof good to see you I use my fitness pal, love2b136. There are quite a few of us on there.

Diana you know you've got this and will be fully ready for you and hubby's anniversary

Hope you all have a great night's rest

Last edited by love2b150; 11-12-2011 at 09:16 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #233  
Trying to live below 200

Rennie I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

@love2b150

I sent you a friend request on fitness pal
Bulletproof Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #235  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hey
Had a random 2lb gain so coming back to daily checking in. Can't slip backwards as I know from past experience the road is very slippery and easily slid down.
So back to basics for me - I have added in a bit more fat into my diet because I was feeling washed out and exhausted. I think the gain is actually attributable to water as I feel bloated and feel PMS rage
Been a rough few months for me. Changing jobs (same job and workplace, but different job), teenager troubles and general depression have made things tough.
But I didn't lose 145lbs by being a moaning minnie - time to jump back on the horse and keep riding!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #236  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for your post Starbrite. It hit home for me as I have slid down that slope a bit too and am trying to claw my way back up. LOL

196.0 today. Yesterday I ended up having lunch at a buffet restaurant. Wow, was that a real eye opening experience. I did have some tastes of a few things and then had a freshly grilled piece of tilapia, (that was unfortunately cooked in something buttery/oily) and a HUGE salad. Went to a rollerskating birthday party but only got to skate for maybe 30 mins. It was a challenging day for food, but I felt good about what I ate. I could remember everything I put into my mouth so I KNOW I am on the right track. No mindless, trying to sneak it in kind of stuff! I'm proud!!

The plan for today is a busy one as usual. Church later this morning, groceries, lots of laundry. I have the need to scour my house again. I'd love to get the backyard raked today too. It seems like it's going to be a nice day.

Breaky today was cinnamon oatmeal mixed with fruit and nut granola, with a cheese stick and I';ll have an apple before we leave. 490 cals so far today. The plan for lunch is to cook up some chicken breast that I have in the fridge and maybe put it on a salad or steam some baby carrots to go with it.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #237  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yep, it happened! I had a 2.4 pound gain from . . . . Taco sauce!

Calories for yesterday: 1775 (high sodium) +

Weigh In: 146.6

Up: 2.4 pounds

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-13-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #238  
Trying to live below 200

Rainbow Since you can't buy groceries right now, just try to do everything in moderation and count calories. You can still stay on track. Sometimes staying the same is good.

Starbrite Good to see you. Glad to know you can come back here and get things going in the right direction again. Better to come back sooner than later.

Vixsin Hang in there. Work your plan. You know it works for you.

Bulletproof Hi

Aka Hi

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-13-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #239  
Trying to live below 200

I was doing a little package reading. I can't believe what I just read! I had 2 flour tortillas last night. Each tortilla had almost 400 mg sodium! If you add that with the cheese, taco sauce, and other stuff that I had last night. Yikes! That's not even taking into account the foods from the rest of the day. The sodium is horrible! It's amazing what they put in our foods. I did the best that I could with the tortilla's, though. I picked the ones that didn't have soy or anything else that I might be allergic to.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #240  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning

I'm ready to get back to normal after a two week 'hiatus'. I got off track a bit when I was in Montreal -- although I had only gained 2-3lbs and it was likely in large part sodium. After that I really struggled, right up until yesterday, with making good choices and keeping my focus. Today is the first day in ages that I've even started the day with a good decision; I'm going to take it one better decision at a time and hope to get myself refocused that way.

Today I ate my breakfast and had a big cup of tea before I remembered to weigh in, I just did it now and I'm at 213.6!! It was in the neighbourhood of 207 last Thursday; I am so puffy and swollen that I can barely bend my fingers and you can't see that I have veins in my hands or feet anymore. I'm sure if I can stick to my plan all day and get lots of water that I'll see a significant drop in the next day or two.

Rennie -- I'm glad to see you got back into the 170's! Sorry if it's due to illness, but I'm happy to see you are feeling better now. Thanks for keeping in touch while i was 'taking a break' -- it would have been easy to just forget my goal and gain back much more if it weren't for you reaching out

Quote:
I'm going to lose so much that they have to address the svelte elephant in the room.
Amanda -- Too funny! I hope you are doing well with your C25K still

Diana -- Hi! OMG that's a high price to pay for taco sauce!

Thanks to everyone who thought of me while I was off screwing up my hard work. I missed you guys!

Last edited by Angie; 11-13-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote