Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 160/150/120

Height: 5'0

Unhappy

Hi Wendy6

I think I'm probably eating around 1000 to 1200 calories do you think I should reduce them??? Do you think that I should add another hour to my workout or add maybe weights or a DVD Any suggestions out there??

Wendy6 I know that feeling when you look in the mirror and you feel that you look the same and you feel that no matter what you do or don't do it's never going to change You know until now I've always kept those feelings to myself no one else seems to understand.

I'm glad for this support group
want2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #122  

hi ladies!
it seems we keep losing people!! kiwi, where are you girl? it's weigh in day!
want2be: my sister is a personal trainer, and she says alot of times when people plateu it's because they need to add MORE calories. sounds crazy, but your body may be holding on to every ounce if it doesn't think it's getting enough. also you may need to tweak your workout. your body gets used to it and then it's not as effective. maybe add some weights to it?
i'll be on tomorrow w/my weigh in!!
tracy
momtu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 235/235/190

Height: 5'7"

Tanya,

I was going to say the same thing that Tracy did... add calories for a few days and/or change your workout routine. Your body does get used to what you're doing and I think it sometimes goes into a "starvation-type" mode where it hangs onto whatever you give it, just to survive.

It is very hard sometimes to keep on trying when you look at yourself and see someone that you don't like. I want the stomach roll gone, and the butt smaller overnight I know that I have to work for it to be gone, but it's hard to get going. After it starts coming off, it will get easier... I know that. I'm just very impatient I guess

Have a good day everyone (wherever everyone is). Come on everyone... where are you
Wendy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #124  

where is everyone?? boy this slowed down quick!!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Hi I back!!

It was wonderful on the beach!! The weather was great. I haven't read what everyone wrote but I'll catch up. I see we got moved. That's cool. Did everyone find us?

I will give you my Official weight tomorrow since I always weigh mornings. I weighed myself when I got home and I was 198 but its 4 PM and I have jeans and clothes on and you know you always weigh heavier in the evening.

Well, I'll catch up reading and write later

Kiwi
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #126  

Smile

I think some people are missing because we got moved and maybe they don't see us. They will figure it out.

Well, it doesn't look like things were too bad for everyone over the
weekend. But truthfully, It could have been alot worse. Just knowing I was weighing in again kept me under some type of control.

I hope you are feeling better Momtu2, The up side is you probably lost some more weight.

Its harder with my husband being off this week. I eat more and I'm gone more.

I also started a myspace website that some people talked me into. I am playing with it. Trying to get it to look cute. It looks wierd. I am going to have to get Heather over to help me figure out some stuff with it. But its fun playing with it.

See ya
Kiwi
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 160/150/120

Height: 5'0

Red face

Where did we go they moved us didn't they I hope everyone is doing better then me I'm stuck on this weight and I'm taking everyones advice I'm going to add more calories I just feel guilty when I do!! I'm also going to try to work out twice a day maybe once in the early morning and once in the evening what do you all think about that do you think it might work My hubby goes back to work tomorrow so I can eat what I want without him saying that it's to little

So was I on the wrong web site where did we go
want2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #128  

I didn't even know that we moved. I subscribed to the thread, so I just find it in my subscription list.

I did really good today, but I always think that I'm starting to count calories again. Even though I think I'm eating healthy, I may be going over the 1200 - 1500 that I want to eat. If I can just stay under 1500, that's 1000 less a day than I need for my weight... so I'll lose 2 pounds a week I can live with that!!!!

I agree with you Kiwi... knowing that I'm weighing in does help. If I'm "free" and I don't have to tell anyone what I lost/gained, then my self control is so much worse.

Good luck everyone, and have a good night
Wendy
Old 09-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #129  

Smile

Good Morning!! Its a beautiful day!

I weighed myself. Suprisingly, I didn't gain. I was back down to 195
Actually, it said 194 but I kept fiddling with the scales and moving it around the bathroom that I feel it told me what I wanted to see. I am going to make a scale one day that when you step on it, it yells, "GET OFF GET OFF" or starts laughing and says "try again".

Anyway, Hubby is still home on vacation until Monday so I am going to really watch myself today. To tell the truth I think I gain more weight because of church. Sunday Mornings we always have donuts.( ohhh creme filled) We don't have Church services on Sunday night so we tend to go out and eat and then on Wed our church has a Buffet meal. Its different each week.
So between hubby and my church I am going to have to get
really serious.

Everyone have a great day!

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #130  

Smile

Hey, I got my myspace up and running. Take a look at it and tell me what you think. I wanted something that gave my name Kiwi so I found a back ground that says Kiwi but its about a shoe. (that's the name of the shoe.)

Anyway,I want to put pictures etc on it but I don't know how so Heather is coming over later to help me.

But tell me what you think. Leave me a message that you dropped by.

Its myspace.com/kiwi1024

So far today I have had 2 cups of coffee. There is no point in bombarding you with everything I had this past weekend so I will start again today.

Hey, Momtu2, how you feeling? Did you weigh in today or are you still sick?

want2behealthy, I think our group was considered a support group now so they moved us there instead of introductions. (i noticed they changed that title too)

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

I have been bad the past few days so I guess that is why I haven't been around much...guilt! I am going to try again today. Uhhh, such a long journey...why did I have to let myself get here? Anyways, it feels like when one part of my life starts to go good...like I was eating healthy and doing good and then other parts of my life start to cave in forcing me to choose food to comfort me. This has got to be a psychological problem, I mean why can't I find comfort in friends and family or going for a walk with my kids?! I guess I will have to just try harder to find comfort in those things, change my habits. Thanks for being here and knowing what I am going through. Hope everyone else has a great day!
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #132  

Smile

Jaime, I hear what you are saying I am a emotional eater too. I would give you answers to help but hey, I have a weight problem too so I don't have the answers. The crazy thing is I love my life. I just think I'm bored when I am home alone so I eat when I'm not hungry. When family is home we go out and eat. When was the last time you actually heard your stomach groal?
I'm not sure I remember.
Oh and I looooove sweets. Creme filled sweets!! It really helps to write things down. Maybe you should write the time also. That way you can figure what is triggering you to eat.

We'll get through it just stick with this and don't stop writting just because you feel guilty. That's when you need us the most. When you are doing great then we need you to motivate us!

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #133  

jaime: i haven't been doing so well eating either!! but as long as you are working out, you WILL loose something! i am also a comfort eater. feel sad...food feels good. but like kiwi, i also love my life. i couldn't ask for anything more!
kiwi:i'm going to request you as a friend on myspace, so when you someone you odn't know, it's me!! my name is shot of reality, and it's my family pic that you will see. i am feeling much better. playing hooky from work tonight cuz, well, it's really rainy and icky and i missed my kids soooo much this weekend!! i worked more this weekend then i usually work in 2wks!!
but tonight, i will be on (if it's not storming) to post my food!!
for everyone!'
tracy
Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #134  

Tracy, Kiwi, and Jaime... I too am a comfort eater. It's what I grew up with.

Had a bad day... eat a cookie to feel better. Kids made fun of you... eat some ice cream. If you're stressed.... have a candy bar. It's a very hard habit to break!!!

What I'm trying to do now is when I go for the comfort foods... only have a bite or two and then destroy the rest of it before I eat it. This way I'm getting a taste, my brain thinks it's happy, and I don't eat all of the calories. It doesn't work all of the time, but most of the time. Hang in there... we'll do this together

Kiwi - I'll check your myspace later tonight.

Have a good night everyone

Wendy
Old 09-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #135  

Default what did you eat today??

c'mon ladies fess up!!! i did awwwwwffffuuuuulllllll in every way. but i'll spill it. and then it's your turn!
1 ww muffin
5 mini york peppermint patties
3 pieces of frozen pizza
eeeeeekkkkkk...so i didn't eat much, but i ate nothing but junk! somebody stop me!!!