Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5’4”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
HI Everyone!

Last week, when I went to the Derm, she did a biopsy. I was floored today when I got a call saying that I have nodular basal cell carcinoma. I'm having surgery next Wednesday. They said the procedure/process could be 4+ hours. Hopefully the Dr. will get it all in the first try. I use sunscreen every day.

I continued to struggle with the bronchitis, until Sunday night. While watching TV, I was googling and found a lot of positive information about drinking ginger tea and it helping with bronchitis. I tried it and started feeling better very quickly. Did the medicine all of a sudden start working or did the ginger tea help? I drank it yesterday and today and I'm a lot better. We'll see what happens with that. Keep ginger tea in mind, if you have issues with bronchitis.

Food: On plan
Exercise: Outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana:
Im so sorry! You are in my thoughts and prayers! And I will ask for special prayer for you tomorrow night at church and Sunday. Haven’t tried ginger but I know a mixture of garlic (from the mother) boiled in white vinegar, then take the garlic out and sit to side, mix honey in with that same boiled vinegar and let both simmer until thick, take off stove and put the garlic back into the thick mixture and store all 3 ingredients in a container with tight lid. Every am you swallow a garlic bulb with a tsp of the thick mixture of vinegar/honey for 7 days. It works for bronchitis, coughs, asthma, allergies, etc. We use this all the time during allergy season! God Bless! 😇🙏🏼
Nahnee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:36 PM   #212  

Morning
Diana
I'm going to get some ginger tea. I'll keep you in prayer for this and the basal cell carcinoma.

I am not feeling 100% today. Think it's because of the boys, young men at my house. I have no free time to myself.
I will be going to the gym but don't really feel like work out. and then to the grocery store. I'm tired of buying food, cooking, and doing dishes. I need a break.

sorry for the rant..
nettnett73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:05 PM   #213  

Good afternoon! Had breakfast and lunch. Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will take a shower in a few minutes. Will go for a power walk and run errands after that. 😁💝😷❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:11 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5’4”

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettnett73 View Post
Morning
Diana
I'm going to get some ginger tea. I'll keep you in prayer for this and the basal cell carcinoma.

I am not feeling 100% today. Think it's because of the boys, young men at my house. I have no free time to myself.
I will be going to the gym but don't really feel like work out. and then to the grocery store. I'm tired of buying food, cooking, and doing dishes. I need a break.

sorry for the rant..

Hello everyone!
Just got home from Neurosurgeon appt. Of course it’s another MRI and CT scan to be ordered. Changed out Dads heart monitor pads. I’ve only got in 2,569 steps today according to my Fitbit. But I wanted to reach out to Netnet (also along with everyone else) and tell you that you do not have to worry about ranting here, you go right ahead, I will gladly listen anytime. And I know what you mean about having a house full of buoys. I raised three sons and a husband that made a fourth. Ha ha… I never could get the girl I wanted but now that I am in my 50s and have my first grandchild (which is a boy) I finally realized boys are my forte. And I have a awesome daughter-in-law, and she fit right into this family because she is such a tomboy herself. It was like adding another son to the pack. 🤣🤣
My first two boys were three years apart, and then my last son was born when my other two were age 10 and 7, it was almost like starting over for me and all three were involved in a different type of sport all at the same time so there was years I spent being what I felt was a maid and taxi driver. Ha ha and my boys were born with their appetite and it seem like someone else’s too. I am only 5’3” and all of them are over 6 ft tall now. We get tickled when we all take a picture together because they say to get my head in the shot you have to take a picture of their knees, basically!!! 😜😁
But all three of them are a mamas boy and super protective over me and I love that about them.
And now all of them are grown, my husband is no longer here either, it’s just me. And I can remember back to the days when I was begging for a break, paper plates, ball season to be over with, endless days of helping with homework and school projects that I thought would never stop, the running through the house, the loud rambunctious friends that were over (keep in mind I had three of them with their own set of friends) so sometimes I have had anywhere from 9 to 14 boys at my house at one time!!! 😨😳😫🤯.
and at times, I find myself longing to be back in that chaos just one more time! And I find that I miss the craziness, the noise, the sibling rivalry, the messy house, the sink full of dishes, buying cereal and milk twice a week and the late night runs to Wally world for forgotten school projects, and the most joyous, happy times back then.
it is super overwhelming at the moment while you are in it, I know, but just keep in mind that one day you are so going to miss it because you can never get back what has already passed. but anytime you need to rant, you have my undivided attention and you are welcome to rant all that you want to.!!
Every one of you have listened to me rant about my dad, myself, my car vandalism and incident from February 3rd and other things, and it felt wonderful to be able to voice my feelings!!! and I thank you all for that. Just know everyone of you wonderful, beautiful, and amazing ladies are in my daily thoughts and prayers.
❤️🙏🏼😇☦️
Nahnee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 09:46 PM   #215  
Stay Committed & Believe

S/C/G: 152/152/122

Height: 5’8”

Quote:
HI Everyone!

Last week, when I went to the Derm, she did a biopsy. I was floored today when I got a call saying that I have nodular basal cell carcinoma. I'm having surgery next Wednesday. They said the procedure/process could be 4+ hours. Hopefully the Dr. will get it all in the first try. I use sunscreen every day.
Diana-I am so sorry you have skin cancer. I hope it is in a contained area and the surgery will successfully remove it all. I will pray for you.
SinaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:02 PM   #216  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all of your prayers. I really appreciate them.

Nettnett I hope you can find some "me" time soon.

I got a gym membership through my insurance company today.

Calories for the day: 1795
Exercise: Full body strength circuit and 10 minutes elliptical

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:02 PM   #217  

Nahnee71 Thanks for the support. I'm supposing that all this is due to the fact that I've always been single.
Didn't make it to the gym. I had a headache. Therefore, I took a nap in my recliner.
Think I'm going to have a light snack before going to bed.
nettnett73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 12:45 AM   #218  

Good morning! Did an additional 2 miles Leslie Sansone last night. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁❤️😷💝
Old 02-22-2024, 02:31 PM   #219  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

House chores today and tomorrow.

Steps from yesterday: 8,092

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 22

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

David was driving everyone crazy. He seemed to breeze through his diet while everyone else struggled. At first, everyone assumed he was cheating on his diet, but when he began losing weight faster than everyone else, they gave up on that thought. It was finally discovered that only one thing made David different from the rest of the group: David was a Christian. He began sharing his faith and told the others they could cast all their cares on the Lord, and God would help them face all their trials and temptations. The group not only lost weight, they gained faith!

Today's thought: As we cast our cares on God, He casts His love on us!
Old 02-22-2024, 08:34 PM   #220  

Good night all! Did a total of four miles Leslie Sansone today. Took the bus to a nearby community to power walk and run errands there. Had lunch when I got home. Power walked and ran errands this afternoon. Power walked to and home from supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁💝😷❤️
Old 02-22-2024, 09:29 PM   #221  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today was a good eating day.

Total Approx 1380 calories

Breakfast 480 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar
yogurt, protein granola bar, prunes 480 calories

Lunch 350 calories
sandwich, whole wheat rounds, turkey, laughing cow light, lettuce 250 calories
grapes 100 calories

Dinner 550 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto w/added chicken, mushrooms, peas 450 calories
yasso fro-yo 100 calories

Exercise:
long outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 02-22-2024, 11:23 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
HI Everyone!

I continued to struggle with the bronchitis, until Sunday night. While watching TV, I was googling and found a lot of positive information about drinking ginger tea and it helping with bronchitis. I tried it and started feeling better very quickly. Did the medicine all of a sudden start working or did the ginger tea help? I drank it yesterday and today and I'm a lot better. We'll see what happens with that. Keep ginger tea in mind, if you have issues with bronchitis.

Food: On plan
Exercise: Outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
So sorry you found out you have a diagnosis of skin cancer. I pray it dries up and dies at the root and after that surgery it never happens again in Jesus name. I pray it just dries up now so the surgery isn't needed like they think.

My second son had a tumor removed out of his back and waiting on the call was nerve wracking. I'm so sorry.

I'm glad you found ginger tea to be helpful!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 11:25 PM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
Good night all! Did a total of four miles Leslie Sansone today. Took the bus to a nearby community to power walk and run errands there. Had lunch when I got home. Power walked and ran errands this afternoon. Power walked to and home from supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁💝😷❤️
I was supposed to take my quad client on a bus today.. i kept thinking just like ciecie we will be going around town by bus but NO he didn't want to go
Old 02-22-2024, 11:26 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettnett73 View Post
Morning
Diana

sorry for the rant..
As a mom of 3 boys and knowing what work it can be...lol...i understand 😆.

Nahnee I totally get it.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:28 PM   #225  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaRose View Post
Activity for 19 February

Exercise
10 minutes Quick Walk with Jessica Smith DVD
20 minutes Walk with Jessica Smith DVD
2 mile walk with Leslie Sasone DVD (Thanks Ciecie)
50 minutes elliptical

Meals
Breakfast: soy drink, tofu scramble w/ mixed vegs, tomato, spinach, toast
Lunch- Thai Curry with mixed vegetables, Chik nuggets cheese sticks.
Dinner-pea & beet burger, macaroni & cheese

Note: should have fruit.
Sina, some people do better without fruit. Great logging and exercise