Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #271  

Hi everyone, waving to all. I am wishing you all a good day today! It's amazing how that one good day can make us feel so much better and help us feel motivated after feeling blah!

Diana Hope that your feeling better today, WTG on your mindset and not letting any spiral or bad day catch you in. TOM can be so challenging in and of itself. Yay on your workouts and new day! Go Go Go! Leslie Samsone is rubbing off on me! lol sigh....

Let's keep fighting everyone.

Nancy and EMily OMG girls, what you said about winter and being in a funk and ,or, SAD, ah ha! ditto! I was fortunate that yesterday and day before were mild (50) and I got out walking and thank god for that and the workouts to help me with the end of winter blues! This whole next week looks rotten here so I will just have to fight daily and focus on plan. Glad I have you all here! On a positive note, it's a good time to be OP and be more ready for when that spring weather finally arrives!

Jules That is an amazing loss! Congratulations. I also, as ideal mentioned, heard it can take time for the brain to catch up with the body. I know there were some threads on that in the past too. What you have done is remarkable and it sounds like your starting to catch glimpses of your new self image now : ) Congrats again! I respond the same to questions like that because that is exactly what it is! I have learned from the past not to go into too much detail, depending on who I am dealing with, as it can open the door for other various responses or nitpicking. It is imperative that I remain positive and focused , I have learned to keep it simple! lol smiling.....nice to hear from you and glad you are well

msgooch Congrats as well on the amazing loss! I understand what your saying as well and that is why I can't think too far ahead either, it can be overwhelming! I do have longer term goals but I try to focus on the now or short term goals, otherwise I find myself getting frustrated..........bit by bit, road by road msgooch, we will get there! Wishing you a good day too!

and with that being said, again, a great new day for us all. Hi to anyone I missed, and as always, sorry if I have.

As for me, yesterday was a good OP day and I feel a heck of a whole lot better than I did yesterday morning! Jeesh. The exercise is a chain reaction for me, when I do one thing well it spurs me on to do another. NOW, the focus is on getting through today! lol : )

Oh, I had chicken, broccoli and greek salad last night. Tonight I am making zoodles with beef and salsa , an idea I had gotten from our Sychgirl delicious! DH loves it too! I typically only do a beef night one or two nights a week. Goal to have this be my only one until next Monday. I better move my tail, catch up to you all soon!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Well, well, well - the new scale is a bust. Just in case any of you are considering buying one from fitbit. It's all over the place. I tested it and it weighed me half a pound heavy. I asked hubby to try and he was 2 lbs heavier. Then I got on it again and I was 3 lbs heavier, yet the fat percentage was different. It's just not at all consistent. I used my hundred year old homedics scale to compare - that kept being the same, while the aria was all over the place. Even if the number isn't right, at least it's consistent. Though I believe from the doctors offices it is pretty accurate. So I'm boxing it up and sending it back. Apparently new and fancy isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Oh - I had lebanese today for lunch - so yummy, on my plan and nice to be able to eat out and not feel like I'm cheating.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #273  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Emily he's doing fine, thank you for asking! He already got a check for $1100 from her insurance company and he's only going to fix the wheel instead of getting a whole new bike. I think they were thankful he didn't sue!

Almost time to go home and all of a sudden I had a sugar craving! I ate a mini 3 muskateers and a mini laffy taffy

so today:
breakfast - TJ's high fiber cereal w/almond milk
snack - steamed organic zucchini w/shredded cheese
lunch - SALAD (romaine, canned chicken breast, beets, avocado, BHF creamy blue cheese)
dinner - TBD

it rained yesterday so we couldn't walk. I had a pork bacon burger and oven cooked sweet potato fries for dinner DH just cooked the burgers inside instead of barbecuing in the rain! I also had 2 wine mini bottles of merlot. NO gain so that's a relief. Not sure about exercise tonight...but definitely cardio at the gym with DH tomorrow.

back later!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

msgooch: I've heard many, many times that the scales that measure body fat are inaccurate. A lot of it depends on how hydrated your body is and other factors. I even know of some where you have to dampen the soles of your feet.

I know one of the only really accurate ways is to do a BodPod or have an expert use calipers. I say stick with the old scale!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #275  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are doing well.

Today was a better day for me. But of course, this is always the case, the day after.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

KCM's Home Gym Intervals Workouts 1 w/10's since I was short on time I had to skip the cardio in workout 2 and only did the strength sections w/10's (today was a strength day)
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

How I see myself at goal.

135 and muscular.

I heard once that .hmm
We can pick 3 things in a lifetime we can choose three things that we may not fail at.

Im choosing the healthfood lifestyle.

Last edited by Pang; 03-22-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:42 PM   #277  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all,
Today was soo long I worked until 7 this evening and I am beat. It will be an early bed for me my brain is like mush. I do have and odd observation about my loss or lack there of. Over the course of the last three weeks I have had morning coffee with sugar free flavored syrup. You all know how these past weeks have been. So Saturday I decided to skip the syrup and use splenda again. So 5 days in and guess what??? the scale is dropping. My body is so messed up LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi all

Hope everyone is well.

I am back and ready to try again, I have lost a couple more lbs but am precariously at the tipping point of gaining back. Stress and PMS!

I have low sugars from time to time as well, and end up eating when I really don't feel like it.

I have my diet soup ready for tomorrow.

Last edited by snapple; 03-23-2017 at 12:03 AM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #279  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Syckgirlsfv - Great to hear!!!!

So yesterday I got an email from the other hospital saying they'd send me an offer letter in a few days for a full time position - so that means I got it, I'm pretty sure.
Now, after taxes and taking EVERYTHING into account, this job will offer me $3500 more each year.
However, it is an hour away from home, whereas the first is only 30 minutes.
If I take the higher paying job that is farther away, I will have to move up there and waste money on rent, where I could stay at home with the lower paying job and actually save MORE money (My ultimate goal is to get my loans paid off and save toward a house!!!)
Sooo I think I am going with the lower paying one. Their laboratory does more testing too, which keeps a generalist's mind fresh on information!!!
I didn't workout yesterday bc I spent like 3 hrs figuring everything out financially. But that's okay I swapped it with rest day

Have a good day everyone
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Emily - congrats on the new job and figuring it all out. You're looking at roughly a $291/mo difference in pay. If any of your expenses go up that much it's not really a net gain for you. One thing I know, nurses can always find work and it's a great career choice with all the specialties and different opportunities.

Nancy - funny how different things affect us. I do use the sugar free syrups and I'm okay with it, but there are other things I can't do if I want to lose.

Pang - visualizing success is a great thing! I should try and do that. I can't even imagine myself at my ultimate goal.

Syckgirlsfv - glad to hear your husband is feeling okay after that! WTG on the insurance being so quick!

As for me - for the first time ever I saw a picture of myself and didn't cringe. I went out with my sister for the day and she posted a picture of me at lunch on facebook. I looked at it and was like wow! l look how skinny I look! Normally I want to hide in shame when I see pictures of myself.

Also - today I hit 15% weight loss! My next goal is to lose 40 by Easter, which is 6 lbs from now. I think there are 2 things I'm doing which are critical to my success. I am working out for an hour 5 days a week, and I eat steel cut oatmeal every day for breakfast.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #281  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Snapple Welcome back!

Emily Congrats on the job opportunity and great job thinking it all through.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
No Weigh In

Have a great day!
Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

I keep track of my meal plan for 13 weeks or 4 quarters.

1-11 are planned, 12 is using what's left in the cupboards, 13 is a planned break. I restart week 14.

Protein shake started the day with 470 calories.
Today I'm eating the last of the red beans for lunch. 480 calories
Dinner last of the fish I bought in February. Garlic, lemon, spinach, sweet potato and turnip greens 945 calories.
Just barely under my Bmr.

Going to the gym right before dinner.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #283  

Hi everyone, a quickie for me as the time snuck on me. Just read all your news and wanted to wish everyone a great day!

Diana, glad its a good day, I am not surprised lol, smiling wtg!

Msgooch, congratsssss

sychgirl, glad he is ok, yes I bet they were worried you would sue! A burger and merlot, god does that sound good! lol I honestly can't wait until we start cooking out. Thanks for the zoodle idea awhile back, we love it!!!

Emily, smart choice! A commute like that can get to you after awhile. I had an hour commute but then I drove more and when your working a long day the commute can really hog up a lot of your time and can make you tired at the end. COngratulationssss on your job

pang, glad is all well and hope you have a nice workout at the gym

nancy, go figure! I am glad it worked though! nice going.

sorry if I missed anyone, I wanted to post my menu yesterday and today but I have to log. I t was a good OP day andh ad my water...down 4lbs. so far this month so happy. Onto a new day now, I have a lot to do so surely will be active. Have a great one everyone and I hope to catch you all soon.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #284  

Taking a quick break and came in to post my menu. Hope everyones day is going well.

Snapple welcome back and wtg on trying at it again and on the few lbs. loss too!

Nichols I hope you feel better and can leave soon and get a restful and good sleep tonight.

Yesterdays menu:
-Lunch-thin n' trim chicken, nibbled on some grape tomatoes
-afternoon snack (around 3'ish)-1 h.b egg
-Dinner-4 meatballs with marinara sauce over zoodles (I sautéed a large grated garlic clove in some pam butter flavored spray, added water, then zoodles and steamed for about 10 min. or until tender).
-dessert-1 sugar free choc/van jello with a squirt of light whipped cream
plenty of water

Today's menu:
Lunch-2 h.b eggs with some leftover zoodles (I LOVED them cold btw)
Dinner-grilled chicken breast with sautéed onion, red, yellow, and orange peppers.
If I have a snack inbetween or dessert it will be my usual, cucumber or grape tomatoe, s.f jello or s.f choc. fudge pop.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #285  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We've almost made it to the weekend!

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled mahi & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Amped Up Cardio - combined workouts

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-23-2017 at 09:09 PM.