Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Gym went well , not too sore.
So going off to market to find stuff for these salads.

I sometime get a hankering for something like avocado.
And look up Google Images of. Salad with avocado.
Pick an image and go to the store to try and match the ingredients.

Aiming for bacon egg tomato avocado salad. Mouth is watering for it.

Will be using the Truvia honey mixed with a zero calorie brown mustard. Only because it's sweet , but low calorie.

This looks good for tomorrow

Last edited by Pang; 03-11-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Pang Those salads look awesome!

Total Approx 1660 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (700 calories)
sandwich with turkey, avocado, and bacon 700 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/smoked chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise
30 minute outdoor walk
I had planned to walk longer but a cold front came in and the temps started dropping quickly. It's not actually that cold, but the wind was blowing and made it feel colder
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Those salads look yummy! Mine never end up looking quite that good. I'm more like those pinterest fail pictures you see.

Weekend Boater - hope you aren't trapped for too long. For me one day of snow is nice and cozy - after that, get me out.

I was golfing the other day in skorts and a short sleeve shirt. It's 28 here now.

I'm going with my husband to the mall today, he's also lost a bunch of weight and he needs some suits. A few he's getting tailored, but some aren't worth reworking. While we're there, I'm going to get a few things - I am now down another size and I literally only have one pair of jeans and that's it. I don't want a bunch of clothes as I travel down, but I need a few things to get me through.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (siitting)
Noting for this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1660 +
Weigh In: 173.8
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #155  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

WI 159.6 same as yesterday so I am hoping that the 150's are going to hang out with me for awhile.

Today taking my mom out for lunch for her 83rd birthday whoop whoop. No scheduled workout but the weather is not raining so a walk is in my future
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Having one of those days. Arguing about meal times with spouse.
I just don't want to budge.

Fast
Tuesday fish
Fast
Thursday fish
Fast
Saturday's chicken
Sunday's steak

No sense getting angry, I got to do what's best for me.
Once the weight is down I'll be more flexible , like next year.

I used to have this issue with my first spouse.
I settled it by splitting the cooking days.
I cooked Sunday, Monday,Tuesday
She cooked Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
I took us out to dinner Saturday.

In this way I learned to dishes and shop in an efficient manner.
On Sunday my day we ate fast food, while out shopping.
On Monday I fixed enough food. So that on Tuesday we ate leftovers , that were slightly different. So I only had to do pots and pans on Monday.
It was a simple plan that took drama and indecisiveness out of dinner time.

Now it's not as easy , but it should be.
I don't want to put them on what works for me, and I don't want them to knock me off my game.

I mean
If I cook fish on Thursday's, order their delivery on Friday in my absence, cook them chicken on Saturday , and steaks on Sunday .
And all the dishes. I don't feel like I'm being selfish.

I mean they can't eat lasagna, pizza and burgers and other comfort foods Mon-Wed ????

I'm just venting .
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #157  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone

I didn't check in yesterday, but food was really good and I lifted weights at the gym. I was down a pound this morning

Today I'm at work for a few hours - we have our annual Purim Carnival and I have to be here to log and count the money we bring in along with the CFO. Food has looked like this:

breakfast - pineapple, 3 chicken maple sausages
lunch - shawarma pita (from one of the food booths here at the carnival, only ate half of it because that's where all the meat was

I'm bringing DH some pizza and am taking a chinese chicken salad home for myself for dinner

that should do it...I do have some pita and hummus for snack if need be

It's hot out there! it's 84 and sunny BEAUTIFUL all weekend here in So Cal...and all week.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 210/162/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Need help setting mini goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholsfamily1987 View Post
Got my WATP in today! Ranging about 50 calories over what I had planned but as long as I'm in range. Going for 1250 tomorrow and going to get it! Yay for Thursday almost being here!

Weekend Boater: I'm guessing you've been on a boat during lightening? I would have a panic attack.
Hi there, your goals are very helpful and inspiring as I'm trying to figure out what goals are realistic for me. I'm at 169 now and would like to get to 150. Does 160 by April 1st seem reasonable? That's 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm eating about 1200 calories a day and walk 3.5 miles in an hour (brisk walk) each day.

Thanks!
jeaton04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Pang - I think weight loss and food issues can be a difficult thing when there is one person eating a certain way and another person not. Luckily for me my husband is losing weight as well. What we tend to do in most of our married lives - I cook 3 times a week, he cooks 3 times a week and we end up being out one night, either by design or just life gets in the way. How about you cook your 3 days something they can/will eat that is still in your plan, and on her turn for her 3 she does whatever she wants, but you do your own thing?

jeaton - I don't think 10 lbs is reasonable in 3 weeks, but that's just me. That's 3.3 pounds a week, 10,500 extra calories burned per week. At your weight I don't see how it would be possible.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Pang those are some lovely salads. Nothing like the odd mixture of leftover vegetables I usually put together! Sorry to hear about struggles you're going through while trying to stick to your plan and keep peace with your family. You seem really determined and your plan is unusually thorough and firm. While that's quite amazing and I do admire your attention to every detail and your ability to make such detailed plans and schemes and follow them, I can also imaging it causes some friction with family, especially if they're used to eating regular junk food. I hope you can all find a way to get along and be happy with what you all eat.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #161  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Pang I'm sorry about the struggles. I have also been there. There's always a fine line with keeping the peace and sticking to our plans.

jeaton04 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Total Approx 1600 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (600 calories)
salad w/roasted turkey & BHF's ranch 500 calories
apple 100 calories

Dinner (740 calories)

BLT sandwich w/cheese 600 calories (the cheese and mayo and extra bacon was unnecessary. I feel my brain needs a re-boot. Today was a tough day mentally with food)
2 mandarin oranges 140 calories

Exercise
Leslie Sansone Walk & Jog
KCM's Kickboxing workout 1

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #162  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good morning

So my weekend off was awesome. I feel like I needed / deserved it. I remember now why I eat healthy, unhealthy food makes me feel like crap!!! I don't have to TRY to eat healthy anymore, I just do because it makes me feel the best!!

Last night I made up a pot of chili (made w ground turkey) to get me through this week. It turned out delicious!

Today I start Insanity Max 30, so wish me luck on that. In IM30, you give the workout your all and the first time you HAVE to take a break is when you "max out" and you record your time, and try to improve on your "max out" time every time. Today I will be doing Cardio Challenge, and I will log on later on today to record my time!!

Breakfast: Protein bar, coffee

Snack: 80 cal greek yogurt (key lime)

Lunch: Chili ! some prunes and PB

Snack: TBD

Dinner: Will probably make a salad!

Pang those salads look delicious! Good luck on getting something figured out, it will work out!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #163  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaton04 View Post
Hi there, your goals are very helpful and inspiring as I'm trying to figure out what goals are realistic for me. I'm at 169 now and would like to get to 150. Does 160 by April 1st seem reasonable? That's 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm eating about 1200 calories a day and walk 3.5 miles in an hour (brisk walk) each day.

Thanks!
As for me, my body is extremely resistant to change; I'm an endomorph. If it were me I'd have a goal of 5 lbs by April 1. Also, the closer we get to a lower weight (your weight is almost to a healthy range) the slower it wants to come off too.
I apologize if I have missed your previous posts, I was away all weekend. How long have you been eating at a calorie deficit?
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #164  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1600 +
Weigh In: 174.8
Up: 1 pound <--I knew this was coming from the extra calories and sodium in my dinner

Have a great day and start to your week.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #165  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! Haven't had a chance to check in and wanted to say hey. Weekend was good, went to a convention and walked about 18k steps a day. Ow, my legs. On top of the gym and the snow I'll be shoveling in the next two days, I think those are my workouts covered. I signed up to try CrossFit this coming weekend, so we'll see how that goes! Never done it before. Kind of nervous. Hope all of you are well and warm! ...Or staying cool, if you live somewhere hot which I am jealous of.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote