Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #211  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Weekend Boater Asics work really well for me. The ones I have now are the very top of the line Asics. They are too stiff. The gel foundations work best for me. They have all the support without the stiffness. I used to have heel pain 24/7 until I switched to the Asics. The problem with needing the styles with most support is that they are not available at the "regular" stores. I have to shop at the specialty running stores. Did someone say Cha Ching! $$$$$$ That's why, when I found the the ones I am wearing now at a discount, I bought them. But it was not the best decision. Also, I used to let the shoes wear out, end up in pain, and then go shopping for shoes, since I am sooooo cheap, LOL. Now, I put it on the calendar to buy a new pair every 5 months so I can start wearing them in the 6th month. This has prevented the pain from starting again.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 174
No Change

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-17-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning~

I also wear Asics for my pronating feet. Mine have the gel in them and I really like the support, and the lightweight feel. I buy two and alternate them each day I exercise. Plus, they come in fancy colors that I like.

I'm still dealing with this cold - achy, fever, sore throat, congested. I hope it's why the scale isn't budging. I have been eating oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast. I've started getting hungrier so I decided to add an egg as well. Personally I try for 1500 calories a day - 300 breakfast, 400 lunch, 500 dinner - plus 3 snacks/dessert a day at a 100 each. Breakfast was too low. So we'll see if that little tweak does anything for me, even if it is easier to make it to lunch.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #213  
Trying to live below 200

msgooch Feel better soon. I hope the egg helps. I have heard of people putting cottage cheese in their oatmeal. Now sure how you feel about that addition. LOL

Also, about the shoe/foot issues. I had to start wearing a different house slipper. I wear Keen Howser slippers. They have arch support. Of course they are expensive for "house slippers". But, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. And they last a long time.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #214  

Umm...I'll hold out on the cottage cheese in oatmeal - lol I wear ugg slippers in the house. We have all wood floors and I have really high arches and I hate to walk around barefoot. But it's getting time to not have fur lined slippers, I'll have to take a look at them!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Scale was nice to me this morning. Down to 143.2 (woo hoo!).
Up half the night with sick kiddos so extremely tired with a headache this morning.
Coffee did not help the headache so hoping it'll go away as the day goes on.
I hope I have a downward trend from here on out but the way my body has been working lately..I wouldn't be surprised for another bounce up.
Suppose to be pretty this weekend, hopefully I can get a good bike ride in ... if the kids get better.
Have a great Friday! & TGIF!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #216  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

happy St. Paddy's everyone!!!

ugh...where to start...last night we headed out for our 20 mile bike ride but, sadly, we didn't make 3 miles before this lady in a Kia Soul made a right turn as soon as the signal turned green without looking to see if anyone was crossing in the crosswalk, which we WERE! we had just started to go across on our bikes and she decided to just GO and my DH tried to get out of her way but SHE HIT HIM being that he is super big and muscled he fought to stay on his bike but she WOULDN'T STOP! Dumb *****! She just kept moving and finally knocked him off! ***** didn't even ask if he was okay - she was more concerned that her daughter was 'upset'. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? You just hit a person with your piece of **** Kia! He's okay but he sprained his wrist and his leg where she hit him is sore. His front wheel is completely warped and bent, too. We got all her info and the cops were there so the her insurance will take care of it I'm sure. She had the nerve to say to me 'he didn't even look' - to which I said YOU HAVE TO YIELD TO PEOPLE IN THE CROSSWALK! Ugh. Rant over. Sorry.

so I burned a little over 300 calories instead of 1,000 which sucks because I ate a berry tart from Omaha Steaks before we left. I burned it off but that's all LOL

So dinner was a scallion pancake from Trader Joes and a chicken taquito. Appetite was not great after all the madness!

Today:
breakfast - TJs high fiber cereal with almond milk
snack - egg substitute
lunch - SALAD (romaine, buffalo shredded chicken, beets, BHF Creamy Blue Cheese
snack - apple sauce, cocoa almonds
dinner - DH is putting everything in the slow cooker this morning for corned beef and cabbage! It will have carrots, red potatoes, and onions in it, too. YUM

going on lunch to get a b12 shot. back later!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-17-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #217  
Trying to live below 200

Syckgirlsfv I am so glad your DH wasn't hurt any worse. It sounds like it could have ended very badly.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #218  

Syckgirlsfv - Oh my goodness, be happy it wasn't worse. My dad was killed in a similar accident. If he's sore today, have him go to the ER to get checked out, it's easier to claim injuries now then if he figures out a week from now he's really injured worse.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #219  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgooch View Post
Syckgirlsfv - Oh my goodness, be happy it wasn't worse. My dad was killed in a similar accident. If he's sore today, have him go to the ER to get checked out, it's easier to claim injuries now then if he figures out a week from now he's really injured worse.

That's awful. I am sorry about your Dad.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #220  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana thank you! His wrist is sprained but his ego took a bigger hit! He thinks he's superman...

msgooch thank you! I'm so sorry about your father. I have a coworker whose son was killed by a hit and run driver on his bike in Hawaii. And then a few years later her ex-husband, the father of her son that passed, was also hit on his bike and killed. It's so crazy. She is SUCH a strong woman.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-17-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Msgooch
Exercise is great for the cold, unless you are so sick your taking antibiotics. .

Today is my 3rd fast day this week.
I struggle on the 3rd. Like the difference between a long walk and long foot race without food.
I always know right after eating my last calorie intake wethher it will be enough to have a normal relaxing evening, or have waves of hunger pangs.
It's only 5pm and I had my first pang. So typically I will go and sleep with confidence I'll wake up have a delicious dark chocolate coffee full of protein and feel like going to the gym.

But last week I didn't lose or gain anything. And this is the end of week 11 of 13 . Week 13 is a planned break week. Where I don't fast or restrict my calories in any way . Sort of a reality check on what feel like eating in a normal way. I'm trying not to think about it, and just focus on week 11 and 12 right now. Hmm to be clear. This is the 11th week of this calender year.
So I'm going to eat St Patricks holiday foods tomorrow in my salad. But right now , small anaerobic movements and not sitting. Kind of like a right field baseball player whom just stands there and then suddenly sprints then throws the ball.

So everyone in a while I go pick up the 40lb barebell from the floor and raise it over my head 6 times and then wait ten minutes before something else that targets fat release.
At least I found something to motivate me instead of just suffering the pangs . It's a fitness practice.
I watch some you tube videos that give me energetic vibes.
Play with defensive stances and such.

Try to have fun and maybe learn a new insight to add to my journey. It's always fun to get a ball and play with daughter and that passes the time too.
Some folks like to exercise on an empty stomach. But I don't. In fact I don't exercises unless I have a high calorie boost. So I stopped using the exercise to eat normally and add a energy drink too. Rather make the energy drink the meal.

I use low calories pure whey protein that unflavored and no sugar added. Then add stevia to sweeten. This keeps my calories much lower. 170 calories lower than any other way. There alot of food I can can think of that I can use the 170 calories. That's like two boiled eggs on a salad. So I pay attention to that detail.

Last edited by Pang; 03-17-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Ronja
I get days like that too.
I sorta do some carb loading to Finnish the binge day. And since I'm so full of food. I try to not eat the next day until I'm so hungry I'm famished. But I evaluate the time of day. To see if it can become a fast day.
If it's around 2pm I try to take a nap til 5.
Then have a singular sensible meal. The full fast amount 500.
And go to bed early and drink as much water as I can take in.

When I look back at the 3 day average.
Before the bingeday, binge day, and fast day.
I try to make the fourth day a target restriction day to make it fit normal BMR. I believe this is healthy way to minimize binging and practice fasting. Until I normalize.

I do this. Hmm I did that so that the tendency to binge would sip me from abandoning the lifestyle. Eventually the binging episodes stopped. Which I've never stopped. Before .

What I looked at was notes.
I keep a journal about my fast days, Fastday's, binge days, feed days. Bitter foods help me stop a binge in its track. Like 6 low cal pickles. Or sourkraut. I think it has to with those foods being prebiotics. So the probiotics gut flora has time to recover from a die off and have fuel to come back to balance. If I binge more than twice in 13weeks (3months) then I go on a probiotic for 6 weeks. And avoid soda drinks.

Last edited by Pang; 03-18-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

KCM's Home Gym Intervals workout 1 w/10's
Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #224  

Hi everyone, waving

Happy weekend and Happy St. Patty's day! I read all of your news, as always and just want to say Sychgirl I am so glad that your DH is ok and sorry to hear of what happened! Also, as for the rest of the news, I don't know gals, it's like we have to count our blessings for sure....I am sorry to hear of these losses!

Diana She wore asics! I am so glad you told me, I had no idea how long sneaks last and honestly, I was a barefoot princess for many years which in the end I paid for! THis summer, I will change them out! Took me forever to break them in though, how long should we change them out Diana? Sounds like 6 months? As far as cha ching goes, your not kidding! I got mine in NH at the new sports authority, etc. I tell you though, after my crazy shaninigans and what I went through, I realized how important good footwear is! I will look at the asics when I go or at least invest in another pair of brooks.

I am really excited and wanted to report here first. I hit the goals! I made it to over 30 lbs. (31.3) anddddd hit a new decade! I still can't believe it! I hit 179.7 this morning! Have I said thanks? lol You know I have been here with you guys since Nov. 14 when I started, I just can't thank you enough!

That plateau tested me last month but I know I am off it now, thank god~ lol My ankle is fine Diana, I really have no excuse and have to get back to the tape tomorrow! Tyty again!!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend and will power dust to us all. We still have two weeks to go which is super!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #225  

Nichols I am sorry to hear that your children were not feeling well and I hope they are well now and that you are too!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote