Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #196  

Hi everyone

I miss you guys! We did have the storm yesterday but I woke up to the sunshine today and it really was not that bad! As for meals, I was OP during it and made mini meatloafs. I was afraid we would lose power and cooked dinner rather early! Our lights flickered so many times.

To those of you, if any, without power, I hope things get settled very soon.

So far so good here. Dropped a few pounds, I think I am finally off that plateau and I have to keep reminding myself of the NSV's at times like that. I really do feel elated at things moving again, I must admit but I also realize how important it is to remind oneself of all progress.

Pang your doing great and if we are any help here, as you mentioned, dear lord, keep it coming! We are all here for one another, yessssssss we all have our own programs and this and that but that is okay, we can still share in our trials and tribulations! You have been very informative and it is always nice to hear of new plans and to see what works for everyone! Keep up the great work.

Nichols Happy Anniversary! I know I am late in wishing you that but I hope that you and DH had a wonderful time!

ROnja Congratulations on your loss!

sychgirl The 90's? lol OMG! How I can't wait for summer. Congrats on the bike ride, as for any sodium you will get that right off! Your very active! Enjoy the bike ride tomorrow.

Diana love seeing your menu's , as always!

djunamod

nancy your really very cool, no matter what you do..you come and post! Your tenacity is something to be reckoned with, be very proud girl for all that you have done and all that you do!

msgooch waving! Oh it is so cold here too! lol Thank goodness for indoor workouts but I do hope to hit the pavement soon. It is nice to take advantage of the treadmill, bravo on your workouts!

Emily hey you : ) You know, I don't eat that pb2 stuff often at all but when I do, I think of you! lol You turned me on to some good stuff! Hope it's been a great week for you too hon.

A big hi to all and as always, sorry if I missed anyone. Things are going well here.......I will post more soon when I can. We are half way through the month , wow! Have a fantastic night everyone and catch up to you soon!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

nancylmrn I totally understand what you mean. For me the goal is to reach weight where I eat basically healthy, good choices day from day, but I am also able to have a birthday cake with my children or an occassional fried chicken when we're having a party. To me that means living like a normal, healthy person. I don't want to reach weight at which I can't eat extra half an apple without fear of gaining, if you know what I mean.

weekend boater I am SO pleased you broke your plaeteou!! Yay!!! And great job on staying OP even in the storm
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:11 AM   #198  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

nancy - YES. I call those days "bottomless pit" days and often occurs around TTOM, which for me is coming in approximately 5 days.. so I've been super bloated

WeekendBoater - I am glad!! Isn't it delicious? Also if I've had enough fats for the day and I still want PB, I just mix PBfit with water and cut up a banana and just eat that!

Today's workout: Tabata Power

Breakfast: Choc Shakeo w/ banana, PBfit, spinach

Snack: Strawberries

Lunch: Homemade turkey chili

I will come back this afternoon to log dinner!
Gonna try to lay off of the coffee today, yesterday I think I had too much and gave me a bit of a stomach ache..

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 03-16-2017 at 06:11 AM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:49 AM   #199  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 174
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

I regret to say having my daughter and her friends here this week have me up a pound and not losing it. I will admit, I made her favorite dinner last night - pork carnitas. I had it with brown rice. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but the scale tells me something different.

I've got a cold now, I'm feeling a bit miserable - but I went on the treadmill anyway and did a light workout for an hour.

I have an instant pot - I'm completely in love with it, I feel like I could do a commercial for it. It finally dawned on me to make my steel cut oatmeal in it. Throw it in, come back later and bam! Before I was standing and stirring for half an hour.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #201  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all

I survived my night and WI was the same as yesterday...day 4 of no movement. At least I am not playing the ouncy bouncy game. Friday will be the tell all of last night extravaganza.

Oh yeah....its not raining.....it has rained almost all day every day for a week. Things are so wet around here and soggy.
Got to run and go make my lunch for work....yeah salad
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Today, my friends, I did not stay accountable. Oh no.

I did not even stay reasonable.

I went mental!

I woke up feeling exhausted. Truth to be told, with 5 kids under 5 and a demanding job, plus all the extra activities and volunteering I do, it's not uncommon to feel tied. But today it was just really, really bad. I had been working on a large project for Doctors Without Borders which I finally sent in last night and today I woke up expecting to feel relieved and happy and looking forward to my vacations. But no. I was tired, I was grumpy and I was disapointed with my morning WI.

It was supposed to be my fast day but I just didn't have it in me to fast today. So I had ham, And then I had chocolate. And more chocolate. And chocolate covered almonds. And cookies. Oh dear...I felt sick from over eating and it was not even a noon yet. Funny how fast things got out of control for me. I haven't had a binge like that since I started my new wight loss effort in January.

Anyway, I stopped now. I will drink water, and eat nothing more today. and I will come back tommorow and the say after that...I won't use this failure as an excuse to end all my effort. Oh no! I am determined to carry on!!! Tomorrow, I will do better. Also, I will get some rest I so much need.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #203  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

weekend boater great job!!!

we are having a bit of a cool down...today will be 75, tomorrow 77, low 70s through the weekend. Then...RAIN?!?!?! OK - but temps in the 60s? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ARGH! LOL

today's meals are / will be:
breakfast - TJs high fiber cereal w/almond milk
snack - 2 slices deli turkey breast, 1 slice baby swiss
lunch - SALAD (romaine, beets, shredded buffalo chicken, BHF Creamy Blue Cheese)
snack - fresh pineapple, cocoa glazed almonds (if needed)
dinner - TBD

we are doing another 20 mile ride tonight - gotta get back in the habit!!! Not sure about dinner yet but tomorrow I'm planning on slow cooking corned beef and cabbage Gotta sweat tonight!

back later to update with ride and dinner!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-16-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

One of the first ten dieting and metabolism subjects I started to read about. Was how to switch from unhealthy foods to healthy foods. I found that subject extremely interesting.
How babies learn to eat healthy foods vs feeding them sugar and salt. How long does it take to acquire a taste for something we didn't like the first time we tried it. How as an adult to move to paleo or whole foods. Which ones are pesticide free. Where to get them. How to use honey , when to stop using the honey.

The subject just goes on and on.
Which vegetables can I buy at store that are free of pesticides and preserves. Which ones are better grown at home.
How do I protect them,

I put blueberries as one-of the best foods to grow at home.
Tomatoes are easy and great for us.
Green peas are the most sustainable crop in the field.
Which ones help the liver and the brain.
Which trees should I plant.
What needs little maintenance
Which weeds are edible and are they worth it?
Can I grow enough fasting day foods at home?

I keep searching for many questions.
What found that applies to me personally.
My fasting approach saves me alot of money.
I do grow my own walnuts, blueberries, cherries.
I buy frozen strawberries very cheaply.

Protein shakes I have no clue. , but I read about them and only buy pure whey protein, no soy.
If I lived where I could raise my own chickens and rabbits I would.
I buy much more foods in the organic isle now.
I read the landing and look up what I'm unfamiliar with especially with seasonings and teas.

I moved to 3 semi fast days. So little food , there not enough to be indecisive about. I get so hungry I could eat tree bark. I pick the most healthiest food for those 600 calorie days.

It's the remaining 4 days that the bigger choices and decisions are of focus. Do I control hunger or balance it with great nutrition. Is that really possible? To use synergy foods to get more nutrition from less food. IE turmeric and black pepper. Broccoli and meat. Blueberries and just about everything .what about resveratrol and broccoli sprouts? Fighting fungi and cancers,while leaving my youngest cells in my body healthy. Is it food relative?

I chose the adequate route CRAN at this point rather than CRON optimal.
Typically 3 meals a day 21 a week.
But choosing 15 meals instead.

3 fasting day meals split into two 300cal snack packs.

Out of 12 satiety meals remaining
4 dinners
Two fish
One chicken
One steak
4 lunches
Four salads
4 breakfasts
Three protein shakes
One yogurt

The dinners are geared to sate me.
The lunches are geared to nourish me.
The shakes are geared for exercises.

What I found , based on my own personal experiences.
When I overeating everyday around 3000 calories.
It's hard to break habits.
When I'm on calorie and in that protein restriction. Im so hungry it's very easy to switch to only health food.
Where as when chasing flavor only it's like my nutrition compass isn't working. I could be malnourished and craving foods but no idea how to sate those cravings.
But when I took on fasting and whole food nutrients. I don't crave thus making my hunger pangs less of motivating factor to cheat or binge.
I went on to learn about pre and probiotics in whole foods.
Why antioxidant foods are important
Which foods help fight what is not human inside me.

Life's too short in my opinion.
Have the cake sparingly. No matter what love your plan .if you don't you may not stick to it. And losing 100lbs over a 3 year plan seems more realistic to me. So sticking to it is a very important variable of reaching healthy weight when I'm so far from goal.
I do love it. I can't stop talking about it.

I never thought drinking protein shakes would interest me long term . But when I add coffee to chocolate + protein. I feel like I'm on an energy drink , so figity I look for something to get up and go do. Putting the energy shake right before exercises time. It became routine. Not to mention that walking and eating 2 fish dinners a week are proven for increasing longevity . Seems easy enough. didn't take long to find satisfaction and tangent interests with fish and long walks. Other proven longevity issues are much more simple to implement. Where's as food , long term is filled with so many unknowns. I realized if I keep it simple , simple but potent. It takes the overwhelming factors out my daily life.
Even my favorite records get old. There's no way around that. Best to have a few other extremely healthy favorites ready for when the record wears out.

So I struggle Monday through Friday. But I don't feel hungry on Tues or Thurs. I find will power , knowing that weekend I will not be hungry for one sssssingle hour. My plan is the same as the plan I'll use when I reach goal. I should be used to it by then. For now when I cheat. I cheat with very healthy stuff. Not sugarcoat salt, vinegar, or Msg bliss point snacks.
After All that trial and error. I found confidence in my lifestyle.

I jumped rope consecutively for 4 minutes 45 seconds today. I'm chuffed!
Hope all of you are well, best wishes.

Last edited by Pang; 03-16-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Weight up to 145.4 again. It's a back and forth seesaw. Switching this up tonight. I think my body is tired of the same foods. We will see!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #206  

Hi everyone

First and foremost, thanks for the encouraging words and support! It really means a lot to me!

I can so totally relate to what a lot of you are saying. Mom called me today to see how I was, my response was "Mom up and down, one day I feel great..the other so not! Believe me when I tell you this cold March month and the winter months affect me but then I have to remind myself of all that I have accomplished and keep trudging along, knowing that tomorrow is a new day and can be a great day!

Ronja Thanks! You know, when I don't sleep good I am always so yucky the next day and it totally throws me off! I suppose last night was one of them and I woke up not feeling the best today. It is amazing how much a good nights sleep makes a difference. With that being said, this journey is not always easy but what is cool is that we keep going and instead of hanging our hats up, we say, "hey...so it wasn't, a great day..tomorrow is a new day and I will make it better"! You really have been and are doing amazing, I wish you a good nights rest and may we all wake up to a good new day tomorrow! We MUST keep fighting ladies, one day at a time...and we will!

Emily Thank you girl! I totally love coffee too! lol.......keep on shining.

Diana How are things going with you and how are you feeling? You have helped us all so much!

nancy Keep it going hon, your doing great! I hope that rain lets up soon! Ouncy bouncy is frustrating as he ll, lol, glad it has let up on you!

msgooch I so hope you feel better!

Sychgirl thank you so much as well! : ) corned beef and cabbage ha? We are going over SIl Sunday for that very lunch!!! You and DH are so wonderful and awesome with your workouts together, keep up the awesome activity! : )

Pang Bravo on the jumproping! OMG, I have not done that in years! I can just visualize, lol We always keep searching for our questions, it is infinite and that is such a cool thing! Go go go!

Nichols Keep at it! I so hear you, I did the same thing! We are bound to beat it!

A big hi to all and I look forward to catching up soon.

As for me, I felt a kink in my outer right ankle today which was a bit oh no but it is not there now! Needless to say, I did not do the tape today and I did a bit of walking (froze my butt off) and pacing and walking around the house to get my steps in! lol I am ready for a new day too my friends! Let's stick together, sleep well if possible, and tackle a whole new day tomorrow.......may it be successful for all of us!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #207  
Trying to live below 200

Weekend Boater I'm sorry about your foot. I got a different style shoes this time around and I have a bit of pain in my right foot. I am going to try to hang in there for another 1 1/2 months, until it's time to get a new pair. Beside that, I am doing fine. Still plugging away with diet and exercise. I am hoping to stay on track until Easter. Maybe I can make some progress between now and then.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #208  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled Chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast Miles, I added in additional jogging
Old 03-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #209  

Diana Thank you thank you! My physical therapist had recommended brooks sneakers to me (or asics), I am an overpronater. I just hope to god that the exercise I have been doing (and yes I have gained strength) helps keep at bay any additional troubles like I had in the past! I SO want to be around and up and about this summer! I have to be very careful but so far so good. I see you did the Leslie Samsone 4 mile walk! woot woot You always make progress Diana, seriously! I mean that, don't ever cut yourself short. OMG just what it took for me to maintain during that plateau last month took so much patience! It is work and it can be hard work! Please keep us posted and keep an eye on any foot pain ok? Much love, Weekend Boater
Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #210  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Ronja - you will do better! We are not perfect; remember this is a journey and sometimes we get side-tracked or take a few steps back and it's okay. Also, even though you ate junk all morning, perhaps you should have had a healthy dinner rather than nothing at all; like some protein and a vegetable. I don't know if it makes any difference lol, but it's what I probably would have done. but then again intermittent fasting does not work for endomorphs like me. Just take it easy and drink lots of water to flush out those toxins; you'll be back at it in no time!!

WeekendBoater- hope your ankle feels better soon!

Pang - I wish I got that kind of energy from protein + coffee!!! Sounds yummy.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote