Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #316  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

I did make it to the gym by myself last night...I warmed up walking for 2 minutes, RAN for 18 minutes (!), and then walked at 4 mph up an 8% incline for another 10 minutes. YAY! Scale did not budge at all in either direction.

So far today I had:
breakfast - organic tortilla, slice of cheddar, sliced filet mignon (maybe an ounce or two)
lunch - thin crust ham, pineapple and chicken pizza at church, salad

that's it so far! most likely leftovers for dinner from yesterday and we are heading to the gym to lift weights in a few.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #317  

Hello fellow journey'ers I don't know if that is a word but I like it! lol

Nice to read everyone's news as always.......Happy Sunday! Things are going well here. I took advantage of the sun this morning and got in a good hour long walk and my vitamin D. I was down .9 this morning so that set off my day nicely. I accomplished my goals for the weekend and it was nice to see that positive reinforcement. I went to the market and stocked up on meals. Picked up some fresh haddock to make tonight with some salad. Feel content to just relax tonight after cooking dinner, being active all day is good for me! I already changed into my robe!

Diana I hope that your feeling better and having a nice Sunday, that you are all having a nice weekend day.

Nancy oh good! Funny you should mention about the zoodles, I bought some more today at the market! My mom is starting south beach too and I was telling her about the zoodles yesterday, she is eager to try them. They had cauliflower rice there too this time! I have yet to try that, have you tried it? I want to try it as a rice replacement with beef in cabbage rollups or casserole. The only thing is, I am not a big fan of cauliflower though I love most vegetables. I made a mock mash potato with it a few months ago and it had such an aftertaste! Maybe I put too much garlic in it, idn but I figure I will try out the caul. rice next time I make the cabbage. Mixed with the rest of the ingredients it may be good. Wtg on the planning, hope your having a great weekend.

Sychgirl Sometimes I have to push myself too! Plenty of times! lol It always feels good though once I start. Glad you had a nice time the other night.

magistra I am glad that your better and found a way around the shoes. I took tap and ballet growing up, please do keep us posted. There is a footwear shop around here called Hyman's, they are good in as far as carrying special footwear. I went there and got sandals when I first had tendonitis. Anyhow, sorry to hear you had a headache last night and hope th at your feeling well today. Enjoy your evening.

msgooch sorry to hear that your foot is still hurting. The glass will come out naturally but it can take time depending on how deep it is. Isn't there some way (gosh I vaguely remember, not sure) to help draw it out?

It does get harder as we get closer to goal but one step at a time, I view it as another part of the journey.........another road to crossing the finish line! I am always up after I go out to eat and I eat in moderation when out. They use so much sodium!

Pang Blooming onions! Oh my! lol DH got some gift card for a free LARGE one last time he got outback steak takeout, I said no and he agreed! It's nice you found a way to make it healthier.

JandGmom It's nice we had a poke of sun today until mid day or so, I took advantage and went out in a nearby town for a walk. A lot of people were out exercising and walking, I think everyone is pretty disgusted with this March weather we have been having but just a few more days.........Wednesday is clearing! Nice to have you aboard : )

Emily Hope your having a nice weekend girl. I am sure the dermatologist will be able to help you, hang in there.

hello to everyone and anyone I missed.

Wow, I was going to post a quickie but I really do enjoy writing to you all when I can, I better get my tail moving...preparing dinner shortly. Have a wonderful evening and will catch you all soon.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #318  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Waving HI all around

Gotta get ready for church. I went to church this morning, went to lunch with the church group, then my friend from church and I went for a walk and now I am headed back to church. LOVE IT!

Pang Thank you for the info on the air fryer.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #319  

Diana that is wonderful
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #320  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
Diana that is wonderful
That's the reason I don't have as much time as I used to.

I am also helping daily to do stuff with the church's facebook page and website.

At least I am spending my time doing something constructive.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #321  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Total Approx 1290 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (660 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories
iced coffee 50 calories
2 apples 160 calories

Dinner (370 calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
2 navel oranges 100 calories

Exercise
1 hour outdoor walk
Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #322  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening all, today I was not terribly productive even got a nap in

However I did get my grocery shopping done and meal prep for my weeks lunches. Breakfast for me is pretty easy. I have my baked bacon (prep work) and eggs, lunches this week veggie stir fry (prep cabbage, green onion, celery, peppers, zoodles, toasted sesame seeds), dinners I have made mini meatloafs(prep again), have cod waiting to cook and some chicken thighs..

Monday I start a 4 week structured program I purchased off fitness blender. This one I think I will like since it will run about 30 min long 5 days a week. I can do that amount of time in the am before my shower and leave for work. I am so hoping that this will help me see some much needed movement. 4 pounds down in 2 months is really disheartening.

Oh today we went to Red Robbin for lunch and I had the bacon burger (minus bun) and steamed broccoli. It was actually very good
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #323  

Default Hello!

Hope you all are doing great. I still have too much pain to read entries. But I think about you all. I have a smaller appetite. I am in the pool these days.

218/205.2

Good health and weight loss!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

JandGmon
r u a calorie counter?
Or like to use apps that track calories.

R U just wanting to lose weight or R u more interested overall health?

Lots support here and many groups to find a buddy.
I stay on the check in with Diane even though I find other threads to participate in . She is a great host.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Nancy please keep on keepin on.
But also start moving into your maintenance goal menus.
If your goal weight 140 start making menus for 1400 calories a week . You're getting closer . Sometimes it isn't rapid.
Are you still walking everyday?
What's your exercise look like over a months time.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

After church we went to Sharkey's for dinner and I got the 1/2 chicken salad with mixed greens. It was good and very filling.

Then I did a 1/2 hour of yoga. Tonight I thought I would try something new so I tried out yoga camp on youtube. Even though it looked pretty simple, I couldn't do half the things the instructor said to do, but I tried to follow along as best I could. Mostly I just couldn't be on my knees for as long as she was. I like my Yoga for Seniors dvd. That's about my speed for now anyway.

Have a great Monday everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 03-27-2017 at 12:46 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #327  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1290 +
Weigh In: 178.6 <--I am still up significantly from the flare up. But my clothes have become a bit looser from what they were last week, so that's an improvement.

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #328  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning just a quick wave and hello!

Diana I am happy for you that the bloat is going down and you clothes are feeling less snug.

This morning I did my day 1 of my four week program. Kicked my butt LOL but I need to pick up a mat my feet tend to slip on our carpet so I will do that before I go into the office this morning so got to run
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

JandG - welcome aboard. We all just jump in, say what we're up to, make comments, etc.

magistra - I've tried yoga before, I'd do it on the tv - the gaiam yoga channel. I'm just not in good enough shape and in fact I think that's what sent me over the edge with my shoulder injury. Maybe someday I'll be able to do it again, but it takes way more strength than people realize.

I did some research on figuring out my target heart rate while exercising. It involves knowing your max hr, your resting heart rate and I calculated my target at 141 - 155. I did it today, and that is a vigorous exercise for me to sustain! I ended up burning 625 in an hour and it showed me how I should feel exercising - sometimes I don't work hard enough, sometimes I do too much.

I've been gaining and losing the same pound this past week - time to stop fooling around, focus without eating out and get moving downward again!

My fitbit updated showing how well you sleep - here I am exercising an hour a day and it tells me maybe I'd sleep better if I exercised more! Apparently I sleep lightly most of the time, just as I suspected.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hello there you all lovely people,
I haven't disappeared! We went out of town for 8 days and although I did have internet access, I wanted to use the time to be offline and read books. I was offline alright, but I didn't read much, as all my girls were sick at some point of our trip. We had good time nevertheless, and here I am back to my proper ways of daily weight-ins, charting my food and sharing all the pain and joy with you! I hope everyone's at excellent health and working towards your goal!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote