Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #226  

BTW, that was my first goal! The next goal is to get out of the overweight range! That is going to be approximately 24 lbs. from now, gulp. Gulp but no gulp! I can't slide back now, If I resort to my old habits everything will get tossed to the wind, I have come far and worked hard to get here sooooo onward I go! It is going to take me awhile to do that I gather but so be it! Have come too far to give up now.....I feel better than I have in so long! With that being said, onward to the next goal. Get out of the overweight range!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #227  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weekend Boater Congrats on your goals! I wear my shoes everyday, so mine probably wear out quicker. Actually, they are not completely worn out, when I replace them. (I keep a couple pairs for back up, just in case) I just don't want to get in the cycle of getting in pain, again. Also, me wearing them daily is not recommended. LOL You should alternate them daily.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 174
No change

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-18-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Weekend Boater - yahooie! That's great! I make my goals much smaller so I constantly feel like I'm killing it. I just can't think about how far I still have to go. I have 10 lbs until I'm not considered obese. I set my goal weight as the highest in the normal bmi range. I have no idea if that's even remotely correct, but I didn't know how else to randomly pick a number. As far as the shoes I wear two pairs of sneakers and alternate them every day I exercise - which is 5 days a week. I think they last me about 3 months. You shouldn't need to break in sneakers if they fit well.

Right now I'm fighting for every ounce. I was losing weight like mad before this week, I go in fits and spurts. I've lost 1 lbs since last Saturday, but I was even lower this week before I went out for one day and had a hot dog and then chinese food for dinner - and I didn't even pig out - I had fish!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #229  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Syckgirlsfv - OMG!!!!! Did she show any remorse AT ALL??? Her kid in the car was upset? Boo-Hoo! Dumba** should have pulled over! I get really fired up about irresponsible driving, especially people who are texting and driving (perhaps that was a possibility too), as there have been a few instances where someone almost hit me because they were on their phones. Anyway, I am very happy to hear that he was not severely injured. Sprains are nasty enough, hopefully that woman has to pay a fine or something... Good luck to the both of you.

It's been a good weekend so far. Yesterday I did IM30 Pulse which is sort of a recovery workout. Today I did Friday Fight Challenge (maxed out early - at 4:20) (even though its Saturday.. I swapped bc yesterday I was so whooped.)
Tomorrow is Rest day though!!

Today I had a chicken, veggie and egg mixture for breakfast, along with some coffee w/ 1% milk. I don't know what else I might eat today.

Everyone enjoy your weekend!!!!

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 03-18-2017 at 12:46 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

After the long sleep, an early protein shake and a trip to the gym.
I'm having the st Patricks Day food I really wanted yesterday.
Really it's just corned beef and sourkraut in a salad. But when you really want something it becomes a fix , and loving it. On plan for 6 days now. Looking forward to tonight's weekly weigh in.
Next week ahead I'm just putting all the foods I have in the cupboards into use. No sense in wasting food or letting it get close to expired. So my week 12 is shopping less week..
Week 13 I redo my numbers and eat my BMR . But it's whatever I want healthy or not its just calories . I try to satisfy any craves or hankerings. So that week 14 starts a new 12 week quest to lose at least 12 pounds. But I'll aim for 24lbs .

So since the food is done for the day I'm off to get some hobby materials. I like make model homes as a past-time.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #231  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

syckgirls I am so glad it was not serious.....as someone who worked in a downtown area and used the sidewalks to cross intersections nothing was more scary than an inattentive driver. I can't tell you how many times I have nearly been it in the crosswalk.

Weekend
can you say whoot whoot I am so excited for you! I am 4lbs away from my 30lb goal and this stall is trying me just as yours did so you have given me hope

I saw a small drop in the scale this am but I am basicly the same weight I have been for two weeks between 159.6 and 160.2 not budged. I will hang in there though

Pang good luck on your weigh in I hope you see the results you want

To everyone else
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #232  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone!

Emily she didn't! in fact, more than one witness commented on the fact that she didn't even ask him if he was ok!

Nancy I'm in Glendale / Burbank which is part of L.A. People here can't drive! I take the busiest freeways every day to work; one being the 101 (Hollywood Freeway) and I have to be ultra super duper aware at all times. there are too many people here!

So I almost bought an Apple watch today but they didn't have the color band I wanted in stock. I'm going to order one.

So my menu is usually TBD all weekend, but so far I have had breakfast. A Starbucks turkey bacon and egg white sandwich on wheat English muffin, and an iced cinnamon almond milk macchiato with half of the syrup. YUM!

I was down a pound this morning Not sure about lunch or dinner yet, but we have corned beef and cabbage from last night so that might be dinner. We are going to go hiking a little later. Back in a bit!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #233  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today was a tough day. I felt OK for breakfast and lunch. After that, I felt so empty. Not necessarily hungry, not necessarily craving anything. I don't know my calories right now. I am getting ready to add them up. I ate extra food just to fill up. I am OK now, but it was rough for a while.

Total Approx 1630 Calories + <--not bad considering how unstable, food wise that I was feeling today

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Snack (100 calories)
Got my hair cut and had a chocolate truffle there 100 calories <--I just thought of something. Did that mess me up today?

Lunch (450 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (820 calories)
raw sugar snap peas 75 calories
grapes 125 calories
large bone in chicken breast 350 calories
collard greens 100 calories
blueberry Greek yogurt parfait 170 calories

Exercise
55 minute outdoor walk
Old 03-19-2017, 07:28 AM   #234  

Good morning!

After a week of having 3 college girls here we tossed all the junk food after they left. I also started re-weighing and measuring. I don't know why it drives hubby mad, but if I'm going to track calories I need to know how much stuff weighs! When you are shooting for 1500 it's easy to be off, it's why I think many people aren't successful because they eyeball and underestimate. I am back down again, below my low weight of last week. It was a bump up and down week. Yesterday I went to a sporting goods store to buy some cold weather golf gear - I cannot tell you how exciting it was to be able to buy a regular size of pants and a jacket.

Okay - group discussion - I just read an article about the season 8 contestants on the biggest loser. Except for 1 person, every other contestant gained the way back by the 6 year mark, a few are even bigger. The national institute of health (nih) followed them through the show and then for 6 years after. What they discovered was that basically that show completely messed up their metabolism, permanently. So now they burn way fewer calories than someone their size should. So my concern - is it possible to keep off this weight loss? Was it their extreme exercise and fast weight loss that did it? By losing this weight and I'm setting myself up to not be able to maintain?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #235  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

msgooch I am familiar with the study. It is possible to keep the weight off. For me, I have to be dedicated to this process every day and all day. That's just me though, everyone is different. I have seen comments about it's boring to eat the same foods, post about the same foods, but doing this keeps me focused and on track, even though, it might be by my finger tips, LOL. I have also seen people post, about me, about my comment about it being a job every day that I have to think about this and work at it. They said that they didn't want their life to be like that. But, it's what I have to do.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1630 +
Weigh In: 174.2
Up: .2

Have a great day!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #236  

Diana - thank you for that. The weight loss to me is a job. It takes a lot of focus, planning, discipline. I just assume this is how it will be from here on out - not that I can't ever just eat something I want eventually, but in moderation. I don't see an "end" to this. Btw...you have done an AWESOME job! I'm sure you know that, but what an inspiration. Just knowing someone is doing it gives me hope. I think the key for me will be to never stop getting on the scale.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #237  

I don't watch that show and am unaware of the study.
I know 75% of people's that lose 30 or more lbs gain it back.

My guess is if we have metabolism that gained weight in the first place. Then return to those habits then it's calories vs calories out.
However whe you do a side by side comparison of weight-loss programs what sticks out about the 25% that keep it off is lifestyle . I mean to say don't believe you can lose weight and it never accumulate again. What read is no matter what foods are eaten it's calories in vs out. That resting metabolism has far more consumption than exercise hands down.

But how I apply it to myself. Is I go to gym for strength training.
I believe this enables me to maintain the other things I like to do rather than be sedentary. So my gym routine isn't for weight loss . It's for keeping me in shape so I stay in an active lifestyle.

Then I choose walking. It's special . It's low impact.
When we walk for a little more than hour. The brain senses the muscle particles in the blood. It has enzymes released to release fats from fat stores at much higher rate than sedentary. So when the walking is done after the last meal of the day it helps the body become more accustomed to using fat as fuel than if the release were to happen in the morning when very little fats is in the blood.

Further I choose jumprope.
Swimming would be better , but I carry one with me.
And swimming after the end of the day would eclipse my Family life. Here goes the calorie burner exercise. And when used as HIIT ITS a great way to add metabolism boost to any food regime.
Plus jumprope, jumping jacks, and jumping on trampoline helps circulate the lymphatic system. No other way to do that.and that's significant.
Plus jump rope helps to improve VO2MAX .
This help the heart .

So what's more important ? Cosmetic fat loss.
Or overall health?

Please remember that even obese people live into their 90s
When they exercise and eat healthy foods.
So I won't make my goal weight the only way to measure success
But how well I can stick to healthy lifelong lifestyle.

I've lost 30 or more lbs 5 times in my life . And when I stopped restriction dieting it always came back. I've been searching for what I can do long term. If injury isn't a factor. I discovered the fasting lifestyle suits me. It hits every point. And fits flexibility.
So it's my path until there is definitive proof that something else is best above all else.
I don't want to say fasting is better. No ,not saying that.
But it's I lifestyle I've learned to stick with.

Yes I lost 62 lbs and gained it all back. And that's worse than not losing it . So I'm at fault. Not the 600 calorie days.
But fasting wasn't the only link in the chain. I also stopped exercises, stopped trying to eat healthy to or be accountable .
My point was even if I were on any plan and stopped exercises and eating in calculated manner . It's more calories in than out.

Simply put. Are those in the study. Still adhering to their calorie recommendations.
Why isn't there a prize for whom can keep it off 5 years, because the challenge was not to keep it off, but the study goes beyond the challenge period. It's a great point, but it points to what professionals and ameture both know. Stopping the lifestyle invite the path other habits, most likely the old habits.

I would be Interested to read the study?
How many % regained? More than 75%

Because 75% of participants regain on almost all diets.
That's so gloomy. I apologize.
My interest in my own weight loss isn't cosmetic. So I have a hopefull Outlook no matter what my scale says.
I eat the healthy foods. I believe the walking , jumprope, and fasting are the other keys to living longer, and I'll add the weight bearing exercises in combination with protein restriction and protein loading to keep from looking scrawny once I reach goal, but us just a guess.

Last edited by Pang; 03-19-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #238  

Diane and the others on 3fc inspire me too.
As well as the many questions you ask msgooch
Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #239  

Weigh in 232. Another 1lb loss.
23lbs loss in first 11 weeks. I'm chuffed!

I would love to be at 24lb loss on week twelve.
So I'm going to vigilant about sticking to plan.

To be honest I did start on the 17th of December
But I was trying to get it started before I started counting down.

Last edited by Pang; 03-19-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #240  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good day to all of you!
I have been a little out of touch lately but have read the posts with interest as usual. This is such a diverse and informative thread which is what keeps me coming back day after day. It amazes me the human body and how each react differently to weight loss, strength training, mind set, attitude.

So many of us here have lost and regained weight so we know this yo yo game and what it does to us. For me personally I have been a yo yo and I am confident that I have the right mindset to keep it off. It is my lifestyle now, it is not a diet this is who I am even through I get very frustrated with lack of loss. For example the month of February I lost 3lbs. March so far .8, and this is all staying on plan. I know I will reach my goal weight but I just have to be patient and keep moving forward.

For all of you I just want to give you a big hug again of thanks
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote