Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

AmethystJean--sorry to hear you are so disappointed. That is hard to deal with. If the prof sucked it is hardly your fault but that doesn't change your grade

150.8 this morning. Back to preChristmas weight!

So far today:
13 cheezies 140
Low cal juice 20

Not so healthy lol.

Planned
1 1/2 Potatoes 175
Breaded chicken 320
More juice 20
Wasabi peas 100

Total 775
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #392  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

132 today back down 2 lbs. Still 2 away from my recent low. Dying to get below 130.

Below cals today. Big workout puts me at negative cals. Need to get in 4 more glasses of water so that will keep me for the night I hope.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #393  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

just rode 26 miles and burned 1400+ calories...but got about 5 pounds of water now! YUCK! TOM is near, too, so that doesn't help.

L - apple gouda chicken links wrapped in pretzel (from Costco, yum!)
S - bistro caesar salad
D - making bison burgers, sweet potato fries, and steamed cauliflower.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 280/213/140

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! Late to this month's thread but I wanted to jump right in.
It's been a horrible last couple of years personally and for my health, but as of now I am on track.

One hour at a time! Tomorrow I will have a better day and get rolling towards my goals.
Iphyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:44 AM   #395  

Have been not been typing because of the neck shoulder back pain. But today I took Advil which helped much more than Tylenol. I try to stay away from both. But right now, no other option seems to be helping. May have to go to a pt person to get this dealt with. But I do want to post. I am starting where I left off. So I'm responding to old news you posted.

Coolmom, I am SO glad to hear that Christmas was good for you and family. Kids and Christmas are usually ( hopefully) a magical combination. Re the woman who had such a horrible childhood, I used to help people like that. They had a specific condition because of it that I knew how to work with to assist. It was SO heartbreaking. Please know that your caring about her now is what matters. Showing caring to someone who has been that harmed is always a huge gift given. Had to laugh when I saw your reference to the "devil weight" Thanks for that. I hope the puffy feeling is gone on Sunday.

syckgirlsfv, glad to hear your Christmas was so good, with loving family and amazing food. Sounds like your dad is quite the cook. I used to really like chocolate silk pie, when I made it a long time ago. Pretzel wrapped chicken apple gouda sausage. Caesar salad. And then your dinner. Doing some vicarious eating reading your menu.

Diana great to hear from you. You probably will not read this. But I am sending you wishes for a great remainder of your vacation. And of course wishes for a happy new year.

Mossy, I could eat baked potato every day. I am glad it was a good dinner for you. Thank you for the message from your heart. I just love how you write from your heart. Thank you !! Much love to you as well.

Fluffypuppy, sounds like you had an amazing Christmas dinner. I would love some apple crisp right now. Congrats on being back to pre Christmas weight !

AmethystJean, I am sorry with the grade you got. I think the prof is the failure. I wish there was a way you could not judge yourself so harshly for the misdeeds of a professor. But I do understand that is quite a challenge. I wish there was a way that you could speak with an advisor about it. To let someone know the problem you had with the prof. Sending you a hug if you would like one. Sounds like you are keeping the weight under control, with exercise and all. That's great.

RetroRabbit, I think its the time of year when so many people do not keep to a diet plan. BUT you did keep your physical activity up. That's significant. Soon enough January will be here. With the collective consciousness focused on dieting, rather than feasting.

Iphyone great to meet you. I think you will find this is a great thread. Glad you are here. Glad you are back on track.

I am up 3 lbs. Today I was fairly good. Calories for the day are around 1350. Tomorrow may be Costco day. So that's dangerous for me, with all the samples. I know I can take off the 3 lbs after Jan. 1st so I am only moderately bothered by it. As long as I do not gain any more during the rest off the holidays. I am being very sedentary because of the arm/shoulder/neck. So that does not help at all.

I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday

Last edited by flower123; 12-28-2014 at 02:48 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #396  
No excuses

Flower, I did talk to the associate dean earlier in the course. They felt that his negativity wasn't negativity but constructive comments. Which it doesn't feel like to me. So I don't even want to ask for an appeal because I'm afraid it won't do anything or worse I'll get an even worse mark. I suppose I could show the examples he provided and show that I followed them - he said I don't have a thesis but I wrote mine modeled exactly after the example. The APA I modeled after the example.

You know I've never seen a sample at Costco. Yet this seems to be what they are known for. Occasionally at the grocery store but never Costco. lol I really need to get there but I don't have a membership so I rely on others....I also have no money so that sucks lol

In fact that is my main problem right now. I have resigned from my job as of Jan 30 but I'm afraid I won't get a new one or if I do I won't succeed as I have a problem getting up in the morning. As it is I can't afford my rent and tuition (let alone internet, hydro, debt repayment). I'm actually very scared. I need my freakin psychotherapist but she never called me for my appointment on the 18th and I don't have another appointment for Jan. honestly I can't wait that long. Nor do I have the money for that (she is 2 hours out of town on the bus). You would think working in the field I would know how to easily find a new doc but no.

Under cals yesterday and did back, biceps and legs. Paid off... 130.6 lbs today. I'm almost at my recent low!!!

Work today and gym date after work chest and abs.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #397  

Thank you Flower123, feel better!

So far I have had a vegan protein shake, and apple, and some instant oatmeal. Not especially fond of the oatmeal because of the sugar. I'm staying with my dad until tomorrow so I'm eating what's here.

The rest of the day I have vegetables, fruit, and a chef's salad planned.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #398  

AmethystJean--maybe you can get a hold of your therapist after the holidays and get in to see her in Jan? congrats on your near low.

Flower--it was great. Hope you feel better!

Today I am doing a half day meditation session with a friend. We plan to do a 45 min guided vipissana, 25 mins walking, 30 min silent meditation, 45 min walking and 45 min Metta or "loving kindness." I am feeling a bit daunted as my normal practice is only 30 mins/day.

Cals yesterday 1500
Up 0.4 to 151.2

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-28-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #399  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning

gotta address the water weight gain immediately! 5 pounds, ugh must be because TOM is very near - I didn't have this much of a gain after Vegas! I'm going to do weights at the gym after church, and then ride maybe a short ride of 11 miles. NO alcohol now until New Year's.

so far had my coffee, and breakfast

B - asiago bagel w/honey peanut butter pouch
L - not sure, but maybe a deli chicken breast sandwich w/ lite jarlsberg and just mayo
D - I'd love another bison burger! we'll see...
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #400  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning! Good to see you checking in Flower. You've been through the ringer lately. I hope you start feeling better soon.

W 165
B egg sandwich, tea with sugar and milk
L roasted veg
D tacos

I'm hoping to have a me date soon. Every once in a while I take myself out. This time I'd like to go see the movie Wild, which is about one of the epic trails that cross the states from top to bottom, the PCT I think, and I've always been fascinated by such a journey. Then I've been told a Korean spa is something a girl must not miss out on. We have one pretty close that has mixed reviews. I'm thinking about it.

I need a me day!

Eta...I called the spa and she demanded I come in tomorrow at 1:00. Ha! She tried for today and then tomorrow morning and kept going until I wasn't already busy with other stuff. I'm scared! I guess they are not so much about customer service but a rigorous treatment for maintaining one's health.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 12-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #401  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all, back and back on track today.

Hope everyone is doing well, have to go back and read up and catch up.

Hit the big 170.2 today, if nothing else motivates me, not seeing that number again should do it!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #402  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Kelijpa, I saw 169 when I hopped on the scale at night but the next morning was down to the devil weight. That sure freaked me out just thinking about the 7 showing up next. Every darn year the holidays send me off track. Sending you and everyone else some
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #403  

5:30 pm
So far today:
Clementine 35
Beef broth 20
A few wasabi peas 20
Low cal juice 25
6 lean Italian meatballs 160
A few more peas 20
More juice 20
Total 300

Later I will add
Yogurt 100
13 cheezies 140
More peas 100
More juice 20
Total 660
Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #404  
No excuses

130.6 yayayayayayayayay! Almost back to my recent low

Net negative calories today
First 5k non-stop since injury a year ago.

Whoohoo!

Life still scaring the crap out of me but at least there is that. Calling the dr's office tomorrow to try and get an appointment with my pdoc as soon as possible.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #405  

Well, I messed up. I won't give up. This is just very hard, and I need to use tools I have learned to stop myself from over eating.

A majority of the food I ate was healthful but I ate 3100 calories.

Not tomorrow. I can't get mad at myself I just have to keep trying and be in the moment. It's easy for me to get humiliated and ashamed. I want to have good news to report! Tomorrow.