Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #406  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I'm with you guys - holidays are a mean time for weight! I was going to ride, but after the gym we went to meet a friend of DH who is here from AZ for a week. They've been friends for more than 30 years, so that was a legit reason to skip the bike ride. We had a good time, and I had two martinis, a carnitas soft taco, and chips and guacamole. Should be a lot of fun trying to ditch a decent amount of water weight by Wednesday night! NOT. *sigh*
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #407  

I read everyone's posts and will answer when neck and shoulder and not hurting quite as much. Just wanted to say a couple of things
Iphyone, please hang in there. I am SO glad you posted the calories for today. Also glad that you said you cant get mad at yourself. I understand about the humliation and shame. And getting mad at myself because of what I ate. But I hope you can feel compassion also. I have been there so many times. With no discernable compassion. Its hard. I feel compassion and respect for you. Its easy to feel it for another person. Hopefully you can take some of that

I am hoping by some miracle the chiropractor will have something tomorrow that will help. Some machine or something. Or that I can get an apt with the naturopath if she can help. Tired of living on tylenol and advil. Still I feel pain. I know its muscle etc inflamation. Just not sure how to resolve it.

Meanwhile today I ate my way through Costco. I become so sociopathic when it comes to samples. I eat them with no conscience at all. Then went to the chocolate factory for my cocoa powder. Good news ( not) their christmas wrapped candy is half price. I bought 6 pieces. But in my defense, I wanted to go back for more. And I didnt. I found a new kind of chicken sausage at costco. I did an internet search on best tasting chicken sausage. No nitrates or other bad things. And it tastes great. Its called Casual Gourmet. Still expensive. But tastes better than the stuff I use. They are a bit higher in calories, 120 per 3.2 oz link. But still better tasting. I am dreading the Monday morning meeting with my scale. Monday and tuesday I plan to not walk in to a store. And to keep the calories low(ish).

I hope everyone has an awesome Monday. And as Marcel says "You know why I smile so much? Because it's worth it."

Last edited by flower123; 12-29-2014 at 12:10 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #408  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

A big hello and welcome to the new posters!

We checked into the hotel in Nashville last night. I am very impressed with the room and it's size. We have stayed for more than a few days in a small hotel room with a dog. The room shrinks really quickly. No workouts, yoga, stretch or even breathing workouts to report. Plenty of hauling luggage, though. Last night in the elevator another person staying here asked if I was staying for a while. Ha! Mind your own business!

A funny story from last night. I unpacked all of our stuff and put my scale in the bathroom. DH and I were talking about how nice the room was and how we have everything we need in here. DH walked into the bathroom and blurted out "Look Diana, they thought of everything! They even put a scale in the bathroom just for you." Hmm, BITE ME!

The scale has not been so kind, we won't go there. But it has helped me to see where I am and pushed me to make some better choices.

Flower I have read all the posts and got caught up.

Have a wonderful day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #409  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

There's no way I'm getting caught up since Christmas but HELLO to everyone.

I'm so glad the holidays are over to be honest, too hectic but I did okay with food and I'm still going to the gym as much as possible. I'm really bent about looking good for Summer. I have around 170 days until then so I'm on it. Bikini weather and nice jeans are always my biggest motivator. Sometimes I run the treadmill thinking about Victoria's Secret jeans. Hey, whatever works right?

Diana, with my DH being a musician we keep talking about going to Nashville. He's not a huge country fan but we love to see live music and there's plenty of that there. Anything to do with the music scene. Open mic night would be fun too.

Today we go register our marriage with the county and get some certificate copies so I can start the process of changing my last name.

Gym later for sure.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #410  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Iphyone, at least it was healthy. I would rather eat 3100 healthy calories than 1000 crappy calories.

Flower, sorry to hear you had such a mindless eating experience through costco. It can be so easy to pick up extra calories if we aren`t paying attention

Novangel nice to see you

Diana, how long are you going to be away that you brought a scale? As much as I am obsessed with mine, I just wouldn't use my luggage space for it when travelling. I would be more inclined to use the space for my magic bullet....or shoes lol

129.4 this morning YAY! I am out of the 130s for the first time in so long I can't even remember. Let's hope I stay there. Since I was 130.6 yesterday I was just praying to squeak under at 129.8 so I'm even more pleased! I have a feeling that it will be easier to lose now that I'm out of my stuck set point.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #411  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

ugh...water weight is EVIL. of course, I weighed myself this morning and 6 pounds up! ARGH! I have to remember, though, that I woke up around 4 am and drank huge amounts of coconut water and rehydration water. I am now resigned to the fact that I have to guzzle as much water all day long as possible, regardless of retaining it, in order to make it come off in the long run. I won't let it get comfortable!

B - belvita
L - low sodium, nitrate free chicken breast/lite jarlsberg/just mayo/sandwich thin
S - WATER WATER WATER
D - not sure what meat, but will make veggies for sure. I have cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, and butternut squash at home I'm thinking butternut squash!

will ride with DH when I get home...at least 11 miles but maybe more if it isn't too cold!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 12-29-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #412  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Throwing this here to read later
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/well...=mailsignoutmd
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #413  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

coolmom I had the devil weight today 166.6 so that 170 was the only one I had for 2014, hopefully, only a few more days to go...

We decided to start our weight loss thing a week early, feels good to be back at it. The last week or so was nuts with cookies, egg nog milkshakes, chips, fries, etc. enough of that! So my goal is to lose around 20 pounds in about 16 weeks, should be doable.

Flower your cards are absolutely beautiful!! I'm struggling with shoulder pain as well, pt was suggested, I need to do something for sure.

Diana

More later when I'm on a bigger screen, I did manage to get caught up, whew!

Best to all

Syckgirlsfv that Mexican food sounds awesome, it's so much better out west than here in the east...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Thanks, everyone, for keeping it real.

Diana - DH, scale

Flower - let your neck, shoulder heal. Recover quickly, dear person. Your Costco samples, 1/2 price chocolates...you're such a hoot.

Forgive me for abbreviating names...I don't want to spell them wrong.

Kelijpa - I loathe that 170 lb mark on the scale.....I really, really do.

SGfv - Vegas motivates you. You must have a great time there.

Amejean - Keep your chin up!

Last edited by Mossy; 12-29-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Me? I'm doin' well but I've stayed the same all of the month of December.
I'll take it. The weather prevents me from getting outside most of the time.
It's only 10 degrees here today. If the wind picks up, not fit for man nor beast. I can't wait for summer and winter just officially started. I don't care, I want it to be over right now. I want flowers, spring and gentle warm breezes. No more snowplows, icy roads, and blustering, biting cold.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #416  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Nice to see everyone checking in!

Kelijpa, good job on the quick recovery. It's crazy how high the weights can fluctuate up and back down.

W 160.6 today, after seeing an evening weight of 169 a few days ago. Crazy!
B egg sandwich, decaf w milk
D pho I think, out. It's my me-date day!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Flower- I hope you feel better soon! Neck/shoulder pain is the worst. Sending good healing juju your way.

Iphyone- welcome to this thread! Keep trucking. One day does not a catastrophe make. Good juju your way too!

Syckgirlsfv- water weight is totally the devil. Had seen a 197 on the scale... couple days later, I'm back down to 192. Scary though!

Diana- hope the room doesn't shrink too much!

I'm back on track after Christmas... doing pretty well. Work has been very runny! Run here, run there... run several drips on several patients all at once... I'm starting to hear IV alarms in my sleep! ;-) I have an interview tomorrow for a position I REALLY REALLY want... so here's thinking positive and hoping! I have an outfit I can wear but planning to shop today for a different top if one really strikes me.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #418  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Me? I'm doin' well but I've stayed the same all of the month of December.
I'll take it. The weather prevents me from getting outside most of the time.
It's only 10 degrees here today. If the wind picks up, not fit for man nor beast. I can't wait for summer and winter just officially started. I don't care, I want it to be over right now. I want flowers, spring and gentle warm breezes. No more snowplows, icy roads, and blustering, biting cold.
Mossy, I didn't realize we're almost the same height, congrats on maintaining through Dec. it's a tough time of year here weatherwise, too, not as severe, but still impacts the outdoor activities.

I'm ready for spring, too

coolmom enjoy the me-date! that 170 scared me straight

eydawn good luck with the new position!

iphyone we've all been there, bumps in the road, we're in it for the long haul.

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #419  

okay I got instructions from the chiropractor AND the naturopath to step away from the computer. Repeat, step away from the computer. But i wanted to read what people said. After all, reading does not harm my neck shoulder etc

Kelijpa, i hope your neck and shoulder heal quickly. I do hope you get into pt soon, if that is what will help. My naturopath suggested getting Bromelain. It should be taken a couple of hours away from food, 3 xs a day. Otherwise it considers its job to be a digestive enzyme. Vitamin Shoppe has some for muscle, that are mega strength. She also suggested hypericum oil. Thats St Johns wort. To be used topically. I think those both are pretty generic products for inflamation. Not sure if it would assist in your situation.

Diana, you made me laugh " DH walked into the bathroom and blurted out 'Look Diana, they thought of everything! They even put a scale in the bathroom just for you.' Hmm, BITE ME!" That is TOO funny. Sorry to hear the scale is being so disagreeable. I hate it when they go rogue and tell me things I do not want to see.

hi novangel, amethystJean CoolMom Edawn Mossy Syckgirlsfv and everyone who didnt yet post today. I really want to type more. But it seems I have 2 practioners who have other plans for me. Plans that do not include a keyboard and mouse. I am not at all amused. I hope you all have a good Tuesday. Soon it will be 2015. Trying to be good until Wednesday night. Just spent too much time typing. sighs

Last edited by flower123; 12-29-2014 at 11:49 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

AmethystJean-- congrats on getting under 130!!!!

Diana--I take my scale everywhere too! Have a good time!

Novangel--I didn't realize you were recently married. When was the wedding? Congrats.

Flower--I hope the chro can do something for you.

Eydawn--good luck with the interview! What is the position?

750 cals yesterday and maintained 151.2. Was really expecting a loss
9 pm and 650 so far with 100 sitting next to me in a bowl. I'm delaying.
Can't wait to get below 150!

I have a family feast on the 1st and I just googled calories in some of the foods that I know will be there and it is all rEALLY high. Especially my favourite: lasagna. Gonna try to forgo that all together. Gonna be hard.

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-29-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote