Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #241  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Flower Thank you for the link. I haven't been able to google what you mentioned yet. Was there a correlation? On the site you linked, and every other site I come across, they mention thyroid issues, too. It's probably all correlated. I remember my Endo mentioning that she thought it probably had to do with my thyroid issues, too.

AmethystJean I hope today is a good day for you. I doubt it's true weight. Probably just the dreaded water weight.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #242  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

well, I'm leaving for Vegas at 152. Not bad, actually, because on Mondays I'm usually up 4 to 5 pounds of water and it takes me until Wednesday or Thursday for it to come off. So for a Monday, being up 2 pounds is actually an improvement! LOL
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Up 0.2 for a weight of 152.4. Wish it could just go in a straight line down, don't you? Lost only 1.4 this week eating an average of 800 cals. Wth.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #244  

Read posts. Will write more later when I am on my laptop. I do not type well on the iPad. Just wanted to say the strict eating plan is working. Seems I have only one more pound to lose. I am positive I can do that in 5 days. It is likely I can lose 2.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #245  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it was a very busy weekend with family in town and running them around shopping all weekend....one more morning of going to the stores and then grandma flies home tomorrow morning....i haven't eaten the best this weekend, lots of take out foods and christmas sweets....my mom sent me her annual package of her homemade bon bons etc and i've been eating those more than i should be....but i kind of get in this mindset of "it's once a year" and "mom won't be making these for me forever" and then i just eat them .....on the other hand, once they're gone they won't be back in my kitchen until next christmas
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #246  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Hi all, just a quick one for now. Got a lot of catching up.

Saturday morning I got my all time low 143.2. Saturday night had family party and yesterday I gave in to pizza. I'm sure you know what comes next 147.2. Up 4 pounds. Motivation is low today. I know it is mostly water weight. I wish the weight would gone down as easily as it goes up in a day.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #247  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Nice work flower

hiddenstar, I'm up 4 right now too. It can't all be true weight. Well do it again

Currently at 850-900 cals so far and some of that was cheezies which I'm not happy with. That's without dinner. Ugh. Checking in to be accountable for the rest of the day.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #248  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin', happy Monday.

W 163
B egg on toast, mango, decaf with milk

Diana, your dance comment made me laugh too.

My baby girl turns 4 tomorrow and she really made me laugh last night. She peeked out the front curtain and told me she saw two people sitting at a table waiting for their food to be served. I looked and it was a lit up manger scene on the neighbor's lawn. LOL! Indeed, it does look like they are waiting on their drinks and hors d'oeuvres. I walked her across the street so she could see the "table" was a baby.

Today needs to be a food prep day so I don't have to have egg on toast twice like I did yesterday.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #249  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 2lbs to 175.4lbs today.

For breakfast, I had sardines, smoked oysters and oats.

For lunch, I had smoked sturgeon, octopus, squid, a crab cake and smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.

Mossy, the story with the toe is one day I decided to run really fast. I was flying on a down hill stretch. Anyway, the next day my toe hurt. I thought nothing of it, but it just didn't get better. For weeks! It is starting to ease now though.

Missing the dog.

Last edited by IanG; 12-15-2014 at 04:02 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hiddenstar--the low is great! Sorry about the numbers being up but hopefully it will be that much easier to get back down again

CoolMom--that is hilarious!

225 cals so far at 4pm
Planned: half a 200 cal hamburger with a half a bun and relish 300
Salad 130
Snack of small small bag of chips or some wasabi peas 150
Total 805

152.4 up 0.2
900 cals yesterday

I have been consistently between 675 and 900 cals since Nov 27 and have lost 8.6 lbs since then (reboot date). My plan is to stick with 775-1200 cals so 675 was a bit low and I'm aware of that.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #251  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

coolmom - we have a cemetery here that i frequently take my students to play in as well as walk through as a shortcut between streets downtown....there's a giant cross at the top of the cemetery hill and my son looked and looked at it one day and seemed intimidated by it...he finally got up the nerve to ask me if that's where Jesus had been buried lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Ian...glad to hear your toe is on the mend.

Flower
AmethystJean - I don't eat any dairy. No cheese, no greek yogurt, sour cream, ricotta, milk, etc. No legumes, no soy or tofu, no grains (wheat, corn, barley, brown or white rice, rye, oats, etc.)

I do eat proteins, every vegetable, good fats incl. avocados, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, walnuts, almonds last. MCT coconut oil, Macadamia Nut Oil and very little EVOlive Oil, low sugar fruits - mostly berries. Green Apples only. Lemons, limes, grapefruit. Balsamic vinegars, fermented vegetables, sauerkraut. I can have Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder, Dried Coconut Milk Powder and regular unsweetened coconut milk. I drink all unflavored teas and coffees. No artificially flavored coffees or teas (such as Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee).

No bananas, mangoes, or dried fruits. No Kombucha drinks.
No protein powders - soy, whey, pea protein powder. No powders.

Ian has made me think more about fish, fish, fish. His fish protocol is fascinating. I know it's working for him. He is fat adapted now and probably has little hunger. I am what the keto peeps call fat adapted, too. When your body starts burning the fats we eat and we lose while eating good fats. It takes awhile and does not happend overnight.

Hunger completely disappears. You have satiety with 3 meals aday and no snacks. I'm going to up my fish intake like Ian. Inuit people have lived like Ian for 1000's of years....you inspire me Ian.

I am smothering insulin resistance with MCT coconut oil. It's working. My cholesterol has went down 75 points in 6 months. Carbs were making my levels go sky high...triglycerides. We're all very different. I couldn't lose 2 lbs in 2 months with my previous carb plan.

I had no satiety with carbs and was constantly hungry. Food triggers were unbearable. Becoming fat adapted has smothered out any desires for binge eating or thrill eating. I really like legumes, but 1/2 cup has more carbs than I eat all day. Sometimes, very rarely, I might have 2 tablespoons.

Last edited by Mossy; 12-15-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #253  
Warrior Princess

I'm still dodging germs except now at work. Sick people are everywhere!! Ugh!

I ran my 5k today but it was a rough run...but I did it so that's all that matters. My hormones are out of whack which always ruins my stamina. Stupid TOM.

Still trying to decide where to go in Jamaica. I keep comparing to Turks which was GORGEOUS so nothing else is really exciting me.

I see a dog in Ian's future.

Last edited by novangel; 12-15-2014 at 08:10 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #254  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Cool mom and Alaskan cute kid stories

Got my hiney on the bike, so happy about that.
probably ate too much soup, but it was excellent, Neapolitan bean soup, that's why he's a DH...

Have a great day/night everyone going to work on the dog sweater some more

Novangel I agree...

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-15-2014 at 08:55 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #255  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa Great job on the pound! I told someone on another forum that I need to have my thyroid and female parts removed and I would be good to go. Problem solved!

Syckgirlsfv Have fun!

Fluffypuppy
Good job on the 1.4 for the week. I agree. The ups and downs are frustrating.

Flower Glad the eating plan is paying off.

Alaskanlaughter Sounds like a fun weekend for you.

Hiddenstar Today is a new day to get rid of that water. Pizza is high is sodium. It will be gone in no time and you will see that new low again.

AmethystJean Good job checking in. I hope the rest of your day went smoothly.

CoolMom Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Ian Do you still have plans to stay at the cabin for New Years?

Mossy I enjoyed reading your post today. It's really interesting how we are all so different. I know someone who eats pretty badly, tons of artificial sweeteners, very few veggies, very little protein, etc. She is rarely hungry, she is tiny and had to remind herself to eat. It totally ticks me off,

Novangel I hope you can avoid all the sickness. It's tough when you work with the public.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote