Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #166  
Melanie

Hey Ladies -

My internet is finally back up. Glad everyone is doing so well

Debbie - Welcome aboard!

Nicki - Sounds like you are back on track - good job for the great choices.

Karen - I am pretty sure I am not pregnant, just because I had my period 2 weeks ago (which would mean I am ovulating right now). If I were, I would be one of the unique ones that is pregnant and having my "TOM". Good job on working out - have you decided on the spinning class?

Melanie
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #167  
NICKI

Thanks guys! I did good yesterday, too.

Off topic, but did anyone see the space shuttle land? I did. I woke up at 5am just to watch it! LOL I'm all into it. I'm SO glad they got home safely!!!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #168  
Karen

Default I missed it

Hello Everyone!

Nicki-I missed it, I was up with little Charlie, and then I went to work out. What a wonderful thing to witness. I am glad that you are doing well. Today, I will be going to my first hip hop class, Hum? wonder how many cals I will burn?

Melanie-glad your not preg. I felt that way when I was or PMS'sSSS. Anyway, I have not taking the spin class yet. I think I may try it on Wed. nite. The lady who teaches that class is over 55. Maybe, I could keep up with her. Funny, I have been working out at a church gym. And there are a lot of older people there. And they are in much better shape than I. I told myself I want to be like that! Anyway, gotta go the kids are getting up from a nap.

Celeste-How was the wiggles?

Have fun!
Karen
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #169  

I am sooo tired...I actually got up at 6am and went running before Bill had to leave for work at 7:30.

Hope y'all are having a good week so far!!

Karen, the Wiggles were A LOT of fun! Kalynn had a blast! Course, she was wound up Went out to eat and she was yelling "Wake up Jeff!!" in the restaurant
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #170  
NICKI

Karen your class sounds like a lot of fun! Don't worry about the cals. You burn lots of cals dancing anyway!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #171  
Karen

Default Omg!!!!

Hey Gals!

Just wanted to share my hip hop class experience with all. It was not what I thought it was. It was like a dance class, where you learn steps to a dance and then dance the whole thing at the end of class. My age must be showing (37) or I must be getting old. I thought that it was dancing little steps to music instead of trying to be like Janet Jackson. Oh, well, I guess I will stick to the kick boxing class. I really like that! Melanie, I never have done Tae bo. Not sure of spelling. What is a good DVD? Well, I hope that everyone has a good nite!

Karen
Old 08-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #172  
Melanie

Hey Ladies,

If you are looking for yummy low fat recipes, I just added one of my own creations to the recipes - here's the link;

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...859#post927859

Hugs,
Melanie
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #173  
Haley

We're on page 2, so I figured we needed to get back on 1.

Melanie, if you add any vegetarian recipes, please let me know

Ate wonderfully yesterday, but no gym, got on the scale and I'm at 207 again, yay. Probably going to take a bike ride after work today, I don't feel like being in the gym. I'm so tired, I have 2 more days of work left and then I'm off for 2 weeks before I go back to school. I definitely need to make sure to exercise those 2 weeks when I'm not working, because me being around the house all day sometimes means too much snacking.

Hope you're all having a good week.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #174  
Melanie

Hi Haley

Glad you are doing well with everything. I know what you mean about too much snacking when you are around the house all day - it can be dangerous, huh? Lately, for some reason, I haven't had trouble with snacking around the house, it's harder for me when we go out to eat somewhere. There is a fine line between depriving yourself and over indulging/overeating.

I am still very bloated (probably my IBS) - I'm 1.5 lbs over my weight on Friday - it's gotta be water weight. I have been eating in the 1400 calories range and exercising, so there really is no other explanation?

Melanie
Old 08-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #175  
NICKI

Melanie that is really weird. Let us know if anything changes.

I have been doing good you guys. Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to an Italian resturant (we like to eat out a lot, lol), and I ate good stuff and felt full, but made some better decisions. Like I had pasta w/ tomato sauce instead of the spicey creamy sauce I wanted. AND I didn't eat that much during the day, so I "saved up". I feel it's small changes like that, that will help me, you know? And I think I have lost 2 pounds this week. We'll see on Friday, that's the day that counts!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #176  
Karen

Default Hi ya all!

Hello!

Buzy day, glad it is all most over.

Melanie-sounds like a very yummy dish! Sorry, that you are not feeling your best. It is great that you continue to do so well. I bet that when the bloating is gone, you would have lost lots of weight.

Haley-You are doing so well with eating. My trainer said the eating right is 90% of losing weight. What are you studying in school?

Nicki-You did so well. My hubby wants to go on vacation, but I don't. Can you believe it. I am afraid, that I will not make good choices, such as yourself. I know the correct ones, but it hard when you want to have fun and enjoy the time. Also, I would not get to workout as hard as I am now. Very worried about gaining the weight. Also, we just go back from vacation two months ago, and I finally lost that weight that I gained. Wow, I wonder how much cals I just burned typing this .

Wonder how Celeste and Debbie are doing? Where are they !!!

See ya!
Karen
Old 08-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #177  
NICKI

Karen! You should still go on vacation. Can you make it an active vacation? Where you go on hikes and stuff? Doooooo it! I just say this because my vacation is so far away (January) and I want to go RIGHT now!

I was just wondering where all the other girls also!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #178  
NICKI

I would just like to say that I got my exercise today by hitting the CRAP out of the ball and getting a homerun in my softball league. I hit it over the dudes head cuz he was playing up. Focker.

I usually hit it far anyways (I have played softball my whole life, plus we use a double wall bat that makes the ball go further), but I usually only get doubles. 2 years ago they were homeruns, but since I have put on weight, only doubles. So it felt good to actually get a homerun tonight. I know it's not because I lost only 2 pounds, but still. I want to hit homeruns next year, so I want to lose weight now. AND I did good on my eating today! Aren't you guys proud of me?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #179  
Karen

Default Way to Go!

GREAT! On the eating and the home run! I wished I could play softball. I loved it! I used to play in middle school. You are doing so great Nicki!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #180  
married the village idiot

Is this an open group? I'd really like to join it. I'm 22 (for another 18 days), my CW is 198, my start weight was 204, and my LTG weight is 145. I'm eating a 1600 calorie a day diet, working out at curves 3-5 days a week, and trying to walk as much as possible. I work full time and have a 16 month old son, so getting out to exercise (other than chasing my son around) has proven difficult. The exercise and diet seem to really be paying off though, I'm down 6 pounds already, and I just started a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'm predicting a plateau at 185, but I'm a GNC gold member and they've supposedly got supplements that can help break a plateau.
suzefactor is offline   Reply With Quote