Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #31  

Yeah, I have done that before, and I've still lost weight. I just made sure to make better choices and to exercise.

I'm a SAHM for right now..I'm hoping to get into Nursing School!
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #32  
Melanie

Thanks for listening and understanding my frusteration gals! Just finished doing my Tae Bo - I was so tired towards the end - after I was done I was stumbling to the kitchen to get water - LOL!

Nicki - Just try to figure out the calories for the candy you ate and eat that much less calories today and you will still be within your calorie range. I have done that with jelly beans once before, so it went toward one of my snacks for the day (it wasn't filling, but it was the choice I made)! Anyhoo, you'll be fine, just get right back on the horse darlin'!

Celeste - In the beginning of your weight loss, how long did it take you to work your booty off (ha ha) before noticing results? Wow, you really made a great choice for lunch - I am sure you will make another great choice for your friends lunch too. Let us know how running goes for you. That's great about nursing school! My mom's a nurse and she loves her job, she is great at it too. She works with terminal cancer patients which is difficult, but she is so touched by the dying and their family.

I am also a SAHM for the time being. I was in Human Resources as a Benefits Admin. before I had the baby. I am going to go back to school soon......I am thinking about becoming a dietician or nutritionist because I am known by my friends as a health nut and nutrition and helping others both interests me. There's still a chance I may go for my Human Resources degree......we'll see.

Hope you all are having a nice day
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:38 PM   #33  

Melanie-OH man, I have definitely been there and have felt those same frustrations! As far as noticing changes, I would probably say around 20-25 lbs..It was the small changes that I noticed. The first change I noticed were my calves And also by 20 lbs I was able to go down a size. That's neat your mom's a nurse! My mom's a nurse too! Ooh, how neat about going back to school to become a dietician or nutritionist!

OK, I am REALLY going to go work out on the elliptical machine
Old 07-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #34  
Haley

Ohhh mann I'm tired, I'm trying to make excuses to not go to the gym, but I don't have time for that crap (excuses), so I'm just gonna go to the gym after I get an oil change (that's not an excuse, I really do need to do that).

Anyways, I've lost 15 lbs so far and haven't noticed a change at all, my mom said my face has gotten a lot thinner and she can tell I've lost weight. I don't think I look any different, though. I'm going to take a picture in the next few days of myself and keep taking pictures along the way so I can see the changes. Hopefully my clothes will start fitting more loosely soon, except then I don't know what I'm going to do about getting new clothes. I don't want to waste money on in between clothes but I can't keep wearing my size 16's if they are falling off.

Don't worry about a handful of candy, Nicki, at least it's gone now and if you don't buy anymore you won't have the temptation. What Melanie said is a great idea about figuring it into your calories and just thinking of it as a snack.

Good luck!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #35  

Hi my name is Melissa I am 21 yrs old and stahm to dd (3yrs old) and ds (8 weeks old) I am a proud Navy wife! I am going to lose 50-60lbs although I dont care what the scale says the sizes are more important to me. I am doing Atkins for life and my exercises are "fit to strip" and "callanetics"

I would love to join you all and give support!
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #36  
Melanie

Hi Melissa - welcome aboard

Haley - I know what you mean! It's amazing how many lbs you actually have to lose before seeing any changes! Since having the baby a year and half ago, I have lost 25 lbs - but it was so slow that I really can't tell the difference - the only way I know is that there are lots of clothes that are too big for me now which is fine by me!
One day at a time.....

How was your workout Celeste?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #37  

Hi Melissa!

Melanie, it was pretty good. I need to take a shower, but I gotta get started on dinner..I'm making Angel Hair Chicken..
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #38  
Melanie

Sounds yummy! Good job on your workout - each one is an accomplishment for me!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #39  
Karen

Smile looking to lose

Hi! I am a newbie. I am also, looking to lose about 60 plus pounds. I am 5'6 and weight goal of 150lbs. I have lost about this amount before I got married. Then within 3 years I had two wonderful kids. A 2 and a half year old girl and a almost 7 month old little boy. And the weight is back on. I am 37 yo stay at home mom. I did do nursing for 11 years and loved it, but that is on hold for right now. I workout at least 3 days a week at 5:30a.m. with a personal trainer. Has anyone tried fitday.com I have found it to be a great way to count cals, and other stuff too. I try to stay within 1500-1800 cals a day. I love working out, but I need to do more cardio!!!! It is hard sometimes with the kids. Hope to meet others for support!!!
Karen
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #40  
NICKI

Hi Karen and Melissa! So glad you are joining us. Another stay at home Mom! Wow. When I have kids (not for a long time!) I am going to stay home too. I think that's really cool. Karen that's awesome you work with a personal trainer. Share any tips they give you!

Oh, so we decided to pick a day (any day) and weigh in once a week. If you weigh in less than once a week, like once every 2 weeks or once a month, that's fine too. But if you want, you can pick a day and then I will put your name and your weigh in day in my first post of this thread. That way it's easy to find and we can see how we are all doing. If you don't want to do that, that's fine too.

And yeah Haley, you and Melanie are right. But the bad thing? I had chinese food today. Ugh. I didn't eat that much of it though, so that is good. But still. I really want to get back on track and do good now. I find it weight, though that I get all this motivation to do good and stay on track everytime I eat something I shouldn't. Why can't I remember that feeling BEFORE I eat something that isn't good for me?!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #41  
Haley

Nicki, it really is about learning to feel that way before. I never used to feel bad if I ate something bad until I finished it, then I would feel awful. Now, I think about how hard I am working to lose weight and how much I want this and that pretty much stops any bad eating. Maybe that can help you, too? Don't beat yourself up when you eat badly, just pick yourself up and keep going. Besides there's nothing wrong with eating chinese food or anything else as long as it is done in moderation (which it sounds like you have done).

I just finished an hour workout on the elliptical with about 30 minutes of strength training and am gonna go eat some dinner.

Welcome to Karen and Melissa, good luck!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 PM   #42  
Melanie

Haley - I completely agree with everything you said. Good job on the workout!

Don't fret Nicki - but just take the feeling you felt after eating the chinese food and remember it everytime you are about to eat something questionable. I am not saying to never have chinese food, but make sure you are eating the healthiest choices available (nothing fried or breaded). A good option is almond chicken or kung pao chicken (full of veggies and protein) with a cup of white rice. It's filling and much easier to figure out calories than with something fried. Anyways, I think it's good to have your conscience working - that means you are aware and that you really want this. Whatever you do, don't think that you screwed everything up so you may as well eat whatever you feel like - that will really get you down! You're learning your pressure points and now you know what to prepare for when eating out in the future. It's all about pre-planning!

Hello Karen You are doing great for working out so early in the am 3 X per week. I know how challenging it can be with babies. I have a baby boy, so I realize how you have to plan everything out in order to get anything accomplished.......and sometimes you can't stick to the plan because kids are unpredictable. That's why it will be even sweeter once we reach our goals - we have more challenges, but we can do it! Welcome aboard!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #43  

Welcome Newbies! Sorry I wanted to post earlier but I was in pain, I can't move! Im sunburn all over my arms and shoulders and back. I am soo dumb. But I did manage to get 4 hours of exercise in the pool. Anyways I also had 2 tests this week. I am done now, though not for good. So I should be active here in the coming days.
jennyhenny0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 AM   #44  
Melanie

Here's a thread I posted that I thought might interest you all;

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...509#post913509

Hugs,
Mel
Old 07-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #45  
Karen

Default Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Has anyone had nausea when working out with weights? Today, I did. I was lifting much heavier weights and doing them at a fast pace. I think that my heart could not keep up that much, but my stomach as been abit upset this morning.

Please put me down in weighing in on fridays....

Also, how do you put the cute gaphics of weight loss goals in. I love it, but I am not sure how you do that? Hummmm, can anyone help. Hope everyone has a great day!
See ya!
Karen
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote