Old 08-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #136  
Melanie

Thanks for the words of encouragement Haley, you are such a sweetheart I just realized that I am one quarter to my major goal which I am so grateful for. God is really keeping me strong, because believe me, I couldn't do it on my own strength!

Haley - I know you will start right back up where you left off - no problem!

Nicki - where are ya? Hope you are ok

Last edited by Meldiggety; 08-05-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #137  
Karen

Default You Go Girl!!!!

GREAT!!!! Meliane! You did such an excellent job, this week! Way to go girl! Keep it up!

Haley-Great to hear from you. Keep on going!!!! You can do it!

Well, my weigh in is in the morning....stay tuned.

I am thinking of taking a spin class in the morning. Never did it before, has anyone, and did you like it? Also, looking to find a basic yoga DVD. Any input?

Lets all lighten up!

Karen
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #138  
Karen

Smile Nicki....

Hey Nicki! I miss you, hope you are doing well.
Karen
Old 08-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #139  
Melanie

Thanks Karen. You are doing so great too! You are such a sunshine to this board

I have never taken a spinning class, but my cousin did and she really got a great workout from it. Also, you had mentioned about your knee bothering you, so a spinning class would be great for you because it would take weight/pressure off of your knee but still give you a great cardio/toning workout! As far as yoga goes, I haven't found a great video yet, but pilates is a bit like yoga and it's great for lengthening muscles and toning. I have done winsor pilates and like it a lot.

Smiles,
Melanie
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #140  
NICKI

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted much. No excuse! I have been checking in. I dunno why I haven't been posting, lol? Thanks for caring about me, though.

I'm not sure about my weight, either 204 or 205. So I either stayed the same or gained a pound, lol. Stupid scale. Either way I'm not doing very good. I dunno why. I think it's because I'm not really counting my calories. I need to start doing that REALLY bad. And I'm not working out, of course, so that's not good. I just... don't want to. WTF is my problem? :/ I think because it's so boring. But I do like the way I feel when I'm done. I need to try a spin class is what I need to do.

Ok I'll be around here more from now on!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #141  
Karen

Default Glad to hear from you! Nicki

Hey there girl:

Great to hear from you. I can understand that working out can get very very boring. I am finding if I take a class, they last about 1 hour, that I tend to feel like I have to stay there. I just became a member of a gym that has lots of free classes with the membership. I like what Melanie said about getting back on track some posts ago. Remember, this is a jounery, and it takes time. I can get so down on myself sometimes. I have to learn to love myself first, so that I can give the best of me to my kids and hubby. OMG, I keep rambling on and on. Also, Fit day.com helps me keep track of my cals. Well, gotta go....
Karen
Old 08-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #142  
Haley

We're in the same boat, Nicki! I haven't been counting and I haven't been gym-ing (is that a word????). Just keep coming and checking in and get yourself back on track. I've decided I'm going to start working out and counting calories again on Monday. So, if you can't get back on track sooner, let's get back on track together on Monday!

Good luck to all of you this weekend, make healthy choices!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #143  

Default Hello

I would love to join you all in this weight loss challange!
I have 63 pounds to lose.
Does anyone know how to attach a signature, I am new at this email thing.
Help.
I am starting to go to OA meetings.
No sugar or white flour no inbetween eating.
These are my goals for right now
Also walking a 4:45 a.m.
I will pray for you all and pray for me too.
Thanks
Jane Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #144  
NICKI

Hey Jane, welcome to the group! To change your siggy you have to go to your "User CP" at the top of the page. It's all in there.

Anyways, I have a palm pilot and keep my calories in there. I try my hardest to write down what I eat everyday, but I don't always count cals. I have started back on it today, though. I have counted EVERYTHING! So that is good. And yeah I really liked what Melanie said, I'm gonna go re-read it.

Haley, I think Im going to start going to the gym on Sunday, but FOR SURE Monday since Monday is my day off, and there's no excuse. So we can for sure do it together.

Thanks you guys for the support, I really need it right now. I see how well you are all doing, and it makes me want to do well too. Especially when I see Melanie's progress, I bet she just feels SO GREAT, and I want that feeling too!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #145  
Karen

Red face Hi There! Jane

Hi Jane, great to join us!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:09 AM   #146  
Melanie

Hi Jane - Welcome to our humble support group! Yes, we definitley need to keep each other in our prayers - that's what support is all about. Is there anything specific you are needing encouragement in right now?

Nicki - I completely understand.....I have been there, let me tell you! You want it so bad, but it's one bad choice after another and then you get so down, you think you are too far gone to even start over. You are never too far gone. About a month ago, I was crying to my husband because I was sick of constantly wanting a change, but never changing - but now, after a month of being consistant and not giving up, I am 12 lbs lighter. That could be you next month! I guess it just boils down to how badly you want it. I know you have it in you - you're stronger and more disciplined than you give yourself credit for.

Hugs Ladies
Melanie
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #147  
Karen

Default Karen's weigh in...

Hey gals!

Here is my weigh in:

Start weight: May 11, 2005 229lbs lost 0
New start wt: Aug 01,2005 225lbs lost 4
week one: Aug 06,2005 223lbs lost 3

New goals this week is to loose at least 3lbs this week!

Thanks for all the support!
Karen
Old 08-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #148  
NICKI

So true Melanie. It's nice to see someone who has been there! Especially once who has been there and is now losing weight!

Karen, GREAT job! That is awesome, 3 lbs.! Woo! I'm proud of you.

Ok guys, here's what I have decided I am going to do. Right now I'm on the nutrition chapter of my personal training book. I have decided that I'm going to eat the recommended daily allowance for each food group. That's it. No more, no less. When it's snack day here at work (every 2 weeks, which is every payday), I'm not going to eat any. That's what screwed me up yesterday. I was doign fine until snacks it. I always do good at the beginning of the day, and bad towards the end. I wonder why that is? Anyways, here is what I will be eating. PLEASE, if you see anywhere where I could substitute something, please tell me. I know this will get old, so I want to have differnent variations, you know? It took me a while to think this up, so I can't think of anything else right now, lol. And the numbers that are in ( ) are how many servings it is for that group... if that makes sense, lol. Ok here it is:

Breakfast

cup oatmeal (1) 150
1 cup milk (1) 90
2 tsp. Brown sugar 35

Snack

Fruit smoothie (4) 230
(1 c. peaches, 1 c. mango 1 c. light grape juice)

Lunch

W.W. bread (2) 200
Turkey (1) 40
Light mayo (1) 60
String cheese (1) 80

Snack

20 Almonds (1/2) 140
cup pineapple (1) 70

Dinner

1 cup pasta (2) 190
Tomato sauce (1) 70
Chicken (1) 45
Veggies (5) 240

Snack

2 hardboiled eggs (1) 95
(1 w/ yolk 1 w/ out)

Breads: 5.5
Fruits: 4
Veggies: 6
Meats/nuts: 3
Dairy: 2
Fat/sugar: 2

TOTAL CALORIES: 1735

Last edited by Sunfire; 08-07-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #149  
Karen

Talking Hey Nicki

Wow! What a great way to start. Sounds like you stumble around a great book, what is the name of it? Those of some of the things that I eat. I would like to start making smoothies too! What an excellent way to get fruits in. Keep it up! I do get kinda bored too. I seemed to eat chicken 24/7.

Anyway, I am kinda worried. We are going out to eat today at a BQQ place. And it was I who picked the place. I feel like I can not change the place because I picked it and it is with my in-laws. Also, we are meeting them soon. So, wish me luck in making good choices...I have not work out this weekend too... But I plan to kick butt in the morning. Hope that your day goes well today and you keep on track. You are doing such a great job!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!!

Cheers!
Karen
Old 08-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #150  

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA! This is my last week of Algebra class and it's kicking my rear.

Karen, congrats on the 3 lbs!! That's great! Good luck with making the right choices! I hear ya on the going out to eat though. It's hard to make the right choices.

Nicki, that menu sounds great!

As for me..I think I'm at a standstill. I've been 156 for about 3 weeks now..I'm getting frustrated. Then there's the "ideal" weight. According to WW's, my ideal weight is 139. I've NEVER been that small. The smallest I ever was, was 145. But I'm even having trouble getting down to there!!

This week I have been running about 3.5 to 4 miles 5 times this week. Wed and Saturday were my "off" days.
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote