Old 08-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #151  

Default Me too

I need to lose 58 pounds Wow that is the first time I have written.
It seems so hard to accpolish . But reading your ladies posts it give me hope I am having no sugar, white flour or eating inbetween meals. I have also started walking with a friend at 4:45 in the morning.

One big challange for me is not to eat anything at work just my lunch meal. There is so much food at work chocolate and cookies ect. I know if i can at least get one week under my belt i will be on my way.

Please pray for me and i will pray for you all too.
Jane Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #152  

Welcome Jane!!! You can do it!! Good for you for walking! And at 4:45am?? Wow! Uggh, I need to get up that early.

I have one itsy bitsy bit of advice, you can just ignore me I would reconsider the not eating between meals..I know everyone's different but this works for me. I usually eat a small snack between lunch and dinner. For me, if I don't eat something before a meal, I will be ravenous and over eat at dinner. So, IMO, a piece of fruit or some veggies would be a good snack. I've even eaten a boiled egg, a few nuts or even a piece of whole grain bread with a tbsp of peanutbutter on it.
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #153  
NICKI

Hey Karen, that menu I just got from the basic food groups. It's in my personal training book, but you can get it anywhere. Google food pyramid or something! And so far I have had my oatmeal today... so, so far so good!

Celeste I was wondering where you were! There are a few people who haven't been posting, also. Boo. Anyways, glad to see you back. Good luck w/ Algebra! Gawd I hate math. Good job on exercising, too. That's awesome!

Oh and Karen, do you ever have cheat meals? I forget what you said... but if you DO, you should just make this your cheat meal and move on. It's only one meal and you have been doing awesome. Or, you could probably get some grilled chicken, and then have some BBQ sauce on the side? I don't think BBQ sauce has that many caloires... but I'm not sure! You could check www.calorieking.com to find out. Let us what you choose! Make sure it's REALLY yummy!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #154  
NICKI

Hi Jane! So glad you are here! The girls here are doing so great. Me? Not so much, but that is changing today for me, so yay. Anyways, I just wanted to say really quick that it's ok to have a snack between meals! I could never not eat, I would get too hungry. You could have some fruit or veggies or something, both are low cal. You want to make sure you get enough calories in your body, or it's harder to lose weight! Weird I know.

Ok. I just read what Celeste put! LOL We agree! I read the word "advice", and I thought you were going to ask for it, so after I was done putting what I wrote to Jane, I was gonna read yours. But it turns out you were GIVING advice! LOL Great advice.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #155  

Heehee Nicki! That's too funny

I have one more week of Algebra and I have an A so far!!

Today we are going to take Kalynn to see the Wiggles (it's a singing group of 4 guys from Australia for little kids if y'all don't know who they are ) So, I'll be back later....Gotta get ready.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #156  
NICKI

Sounds like fun Celeste. And dang, it's so crazy how you have lost 50 pounds. You are awesome.

And great job in Algebra! I think I got like a C or B in it.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:58 PM   #157  
Haley

Jane, I'd agree with the reconsidering in the eating in meals things. It'd be great and you wouldn't be as tempted to eat the bad stuff at work if you had a snack. Even something as simple as a yogurt (I eat light 80 cal yogurt) as a snack is great.

Don't have time to write much more, but I will tomorrow. Good luck everyone and good job with the 3 pounds down, Karen.

I'm going to be very strict starting tomorrow until I leave (with one or two not healthy going away dinners). 1200 calories a day, exercise 5 times a week. I will lose these pounds before I leave!!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #158  

O M G....I lost 4 lbs!!!!! I have NOOOOO freakin' idea how in the world I did that..I wonder if me adding some mileage and some hills helped?? HOLY CRAP!!!! Maybe my goal will be attainable afterall!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #159  
Haley

Good job, Celeste, that is great!!! I'm sure the mileage and hills helped a lot and of course your goal is attainable, it may take a little while to get those last stubborn pounds, but you can do it! Good luck!

This week I'm going to pick up with the week at a time challenge and stick to 1200 calories a day and working out 5 days this week, with strength training 3 days (every other day). I gained 3 pounds this week, but am not going to change my tracker to reflect that, back stepping on it would just make me disappointed. I'm going to lose those 3 pounds and hopefully one or two more on top of that.

Good luck to everyone this week! Make good choices and keep up with the exercise!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #160  
Melanie

Hey Ladies....

My DSL has been down which is why I haven't posted - I am at my praen't house right now so i thought I'd check in. My stomach has been feeling really bloated, acidic & nauseous over the last 3 days and I have no idea why....haven't changed my diet or my exercise routine. It feels less nauseous after I eat though...........hopefully I don't have an ulcer or some other stomach issue. I shouldn't weigh myself when my stomach is bloated like this, but I did, and of course I weighed 2 more lbs than friday - yuck! I know it's probably water wieight, but it still sucks - LOL

OMG - congrats to Celeste - you are so close to your goal - that is awesome!!

How's everyone coming along?

Hugs,
Melanie
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #161  
NICKI

Is it possible to lose a pound in one day? Because that's what happened to me! I ate really well yesterday! I'm really proud of myself. I got in all my food groups and ate about 1900 cals, and that's including my popsicle. It was hard not to eat whatever when I got home from work, though. That's usually what gets me. I'll do really good during the day, and then at night when I get home from work, I'll eat whatever! So that was hard. So I had 2 hardboiled egg whites last night and then my orange popsicle. I can't not eat anything. I mean. I could, but it's hard. And I figure if I can fit it into my day, no biggie! Plus what I ate last night was low cal, so that's good.

Soooo today Troy and I went to Chilli's for lunch. We like to go out a lot, unfortunatly. But i already decided that my main meal was going to be healthy. So we got our chips and salsa like always. It's my favorite! So, I had that like normal. But instead of my main meal being bad, I had the Guiltless Pasta! They said it was like in the 600 calorie range, but they give you SO MUCH pasta for it! So I probably had one serving if that, so probably only ate 200 cals at the MOST of that dish. So I have lots of leftovers. So calorie-wise, I don't think I did that bad. I mean I know I could have not eaten the chips, but that's what's fun. Going out w/ my boyfriend and eating our chips we always get. At least this time I made a better choice for the meal part.

Enough about me, geez. Sorry. Anyways! Melanie I was wondering where you were! When are you gonna get your internet back up? Sorry about your stomach, that's really weird. If it keeps up, you should go to the Dr. just to be on the safe side!

And Celeste! Great job! Woohoo! That's awesome, good for you! What a great feeling.

Yeah Haley, don't change your tracker. I didn't change mine. No biggie, you will just pick up right where you left off! We can do this, right?

And I have to say, that you guys really helped me yesterday. I wanted to cheat, but I didn't. I kept thinking about what you guys had said in the past, and it helped me out so much! And I thought "would eating that extra food make me happy? or would losing weight make me happy?" and that really helped! So I'm going to continue to think like that!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #162  

Hi everyone, I have been looking for support board like this all day. I need to lose 50 or so lbs and am new to counting calories and fat grams. I lost 34 lbs on atkins and I have been stuck at this same weight for almost a year. Everyone says you plateau but geesh give me a break. I also had hard time staying with the program that that was my down fall. My daughter started the Susan Powter diet two weeks ago and has already lost 5 lbs. She just needs to lose 10 more. Thank goodness not like mama and let it get to out of hand. Anyway back to story lol I started counting the fat and calories last thursday and am down 3 lbs. I think it is going to work for me. I just need a support board to chat with and get good ideas on losing and stuff. Thanks for listening and I can't wait to be regular poster with you guys.
debbietexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #163  
NICKI

Hey Debbie! Thanks for joining us! It's fun to have new people. I honestly will never believe that if you stopped doing Atkins, it was "your fault". That's not the best diet in the world, as you need carbs/grains. It basically comes down to lifestyle! And the easiest thing that I have seen work, is eating what you want, but in moderation.

Good luck and welcome!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #164  
Karen

Default They are gals!

Oh, my aching body...burned 450 cals today. Anyway, Just wanted to ketchup....ha ha...food on the brain...okay, I will keep my day job.

Celeste: Great to hear from you! GREAT job on breaking your plateau I wish I could run like that. Do you run any races?

Jan: I believe in eat 24/7 except try to stop at 7:00Pm. And stay within my cals. That really help me. By, eating every 3 hrs or so. Way to go, on walking!

Nicki: I do have cheat meals. I had a cheat weekend. We have to live life! I am feel better about it. Because I worked my butt off today. Anyway, I had cooked apple, chicken ceasar tortilla wrap and it was so good. Wow! Nicki you are doing awesome!

Haley: It is so hard for me to eat 1200 cals when I am working out too. How do you do that? On my work out days I eat at least 1800cals and non- workout days 1500cals. I burn about an avg of 500cals a day by activities. Good luck I know that it can be done...You go girl.

Melanie: Hum??? Could you be pregnant? Hope you feel better Here is an angel!

Welcome! Debbie Great too have you here!

See ya gals, later!
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #165  

Thanks for the welcome. It is hard for me to adjust to low cal instead of low carb but maybe trying something different for a while will get me going.
debbietexas is offline   Reply With Quote