Old 09-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #316  
Puggy Balboa

Well, thank you for the welcome. Let me see ... about me, I'm 34, have two pre-teen children. I've battled with my weight since I was 18. It wasn't a big deal then (only a few pounds), but starving myself to lose them and then becoming pregnant, made it a very big deal.

I have lost the weight 3 times. I have gained it back each and every time.

I started this time at 213.5. Now I'm down to 211.5 just because I was dehydrated and my body finally let go of some water.

I am not doing anything "fad" now. I am changing my habits slowly (I started with 3) and seeing where I end up. Slow and steady.

My hobbies are gardening, knitting, reading, movies, and running. I don't run well at this weight, but I want to be able to really do it once again. I miss it.

So, that's the basics of me. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Looking4TheWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #317  

Welcome Emma!! :wavey:

Hey ladies!

I think things are finally moving! I didn't switch to core, I am just eating more veggies and fruits, more whole grains, limiting simple carbohydrates.

Sarah, Happy Belated Bday!! I LOVE WW's! It really has helped my portion control, I am amazed at how many servings I was REALLY eating.

Debbie, I think you must've told me, but where in TX are you from again? I'm in the DFW area!

BTW, I SENT IN MY NURSING APP!! I'm officially a nursing student applicant! I won't find out anything until October!
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #318  
Melanie

Haley - So glad to see you posted........I know what you mean about the late night munchies. Sometimes at night I'll drink a hot beverage, like tea (I like chai and sweeten it with stevia) or hot cocoa w/ skim milk & it will give me my sweet tooth fix without making me feel guilty for eating too much bulk or calories at night time. Try it sometime?

Karen - I know, isn't Tae Bo a true butt kicker?? I do his 40 -45 min videos and they kill me everytime! I feel so great afterwards though...it's definitley a love/hate thing for me So glad to know you weren't affected by Katrina!!

Emma - Thanks for sharing about yourself. I look forward to getting to know you as well

Celeste - Yeh!! You are getting through that plateau - we knew you would Congrats on being an official nursing applicant, too.
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #319  
NICKI

Hello! How is everyone doing today? So, I got up at 10am this morning! That is early for me, lol. I usually get up at like 11:30am or so! This is because I don’t get home until midnight from work. But I have to wake up early so I can get all my gym time in w/out feeling rushed. I only did cardio yesterday and when I came home, I had to hurry and get ready for work and then hurry and make my dinner! So, hopefully this whole getting up early thing will pay off. :P

Melanie – Thanks for your kind words! I always look forward to your posts too. :P You’re so sweet! Such a great group of girls we have here! How are you doing today? How are you feeling? How is your little man? Dinner sounded good last night! Good for you for not feeling guilty!

Haley – I have the same problem you do! I did really well yesterday, and then came home and had Baked Dorrito’s! Thing is, is that I didn’t just have one serving. If I did, it would have been fine. But I probably had… 4 or 5. I don’t know WHY I do it. I mean, why ruin all that hard work? Ok, I think the yogurt idea is good. I have these natural orange popcicles w/ ice cream in the middle. They are SO good, and only 80 calories for one! So, my goal is to have one of those and NOTHING else. I could for sure work that 80 cals into my day, but nothing else. I think the yogurt idea is good. Maybe throw in some Kashi cereal?

Karen – Get some good stuff from the grocery store! :P And that’s ok, you can just get back on and start doing cardio anytime! Do it! Do it! And I always look forward to reading your posts too! Oh, I am studying to be a personal trainer! Ugh, it’s SO hard.

Emma – The best way to go, is to eat in moderation! Losing weight isn’t easy, but you can do it and we are all here to support you!

Celeste – Make sure you let us know ASAP about the nursing thing! How exciting! And good for you for cutting out the simple carbs! It’s not easy, but good job.

Ok, time for me to go workout! I'll check in with you guys later on today!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #320  

Thanks guys! I can feel a difference. I feel more satisfied than I have before. I can do this!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #321  

Smile sad here

Thanks everyone. All of you are so young and cute. I guess I am the Granny here. I am 48 not sure how old everyone else is. I am just a plain ole country gal that lives right close to the lousianna border. All iI have been able to do is cry since the storm. We have 50 families coming to our small town today 15 kiddos enrolled in school so far. My son works on rig right out of new orleans or he did now not. It is so horrible to see all of these sad homeless people. I have a hard time even eating thinking of them.
Sorry post is short but right now I am just heart broken for all these souls. Please remember them all and give what you can. Even if it is one meal it is one less we need lol. Salvation army money goes faster than red cross not as much red tape. I hope it is ok to post that soliciting but it is for good cause!!
I am sorry if I missed anyone. I love all you guys and trying to learn who each and every one are. We need to a get to know you post.
Thanks for offer of training. When I get my heart back in right place I am going to take you up on it. I am still doing my walking and weights and eating right. I will talk to yall later going back to my tv and knees
debbietexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #322  
Haley

It's funny that there are 3 of us from Texas here. I'm in Austin right now for school.

Melanie, I think I'm going to try the tea thing. I don't really have any money except for the money which is on my meal plan and our coffee shop on campus is open till 12 and has lots of teas, so I'll give that a try. Thanks for the idea!!

Nicki, it does suck, because its like all day I'm doing great then at night I just splurge, it's not worth it! We just need to keep remembering that. Perhaps you should try the tea thing, too?

Debbie, like you it makes me so sad to think about all the homeless people. I feel so sorry for everyone who has to go through that. I have several friends who live in New Orleans and they're all alive, but have no idea what the state of their place is. My heart goes out to all of them for having to deal with this.

I'm gonna go to the gym now to get it out of the way. Hope you all are doing well!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #323  

I am from Zavalla Texas close to Beaumont and Lufkin kind of in middle of two big towns. Our population is 987 lol but right now climbing fast. I lived in Bastrop Texas for 13 years. Both of my kids born there. Bastrop is close to Austin.
I know what you guys mean about the snacking. I have found that if i eat a bowl of frozen chocolate yougart ate night or rainbow sherbert 0 fat it satisfies me. In morning I make me a big ole cup of cappichino (sp)Son bought me expresso machine so I can make my own decaffee coffee and use 1 percent milk. That also helps.
Remember we are not on diets. We are on healthy way of living. The best thing you can do is do not ever let yourself get hungry. Find something that is legal to eat. We are all in this together. Hmmmm Texs must have a higher ratio of chubby people lol. Before long won't be nothing but sexy babes here though. Well I am going to go get back to begging food and hygiene stuff for these folks here. We seem to have enough clothes but not enough diapers and personal grooming things. The most important things they are wanting is their own tooth brush hair brush and clean undies and sanitary stuff. Can you imagine tom at this horrible time. God bless these people. I am trying to get a donation of stuff from all my friends so we can take to our church. Make sure to thank our lord for all we have because it can go in a second. I love yall.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #324  

I'm so sad for the people who were affected by Katrina. I'm trying to see if there's a place that we can donate clothes too. I've got tons and tons of baby, plus size women's and men's clothes that I'm sure someone will need.

Debbie, have you heard of Nederland?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #325  

Heck ya!! I have friends there and in Orange which is close to it.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #326  

wow, cool! DH's brother lives there. His mom and grandma live in Jasper.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #327  
Melanie

Debbie - Thanks for being such an advocate for all those in need in this sad time! I wish they had more donation places here in California because I also have clothes I could give. I will keep my eyes out for something.....You are so right that we need to be thankful for everything we have right now - we just never know what's around the corner and every minute we have family, friends, shelter, & food is precious.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #328  

no way i shop at jasper walmart all the time wow what small world email me some time
Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #329  

The babys mom that I keep Paula just got back from one of the camps. She was crying her heart out. We don't have enough food and stuff to feed everyone coming in. Doing all we can here. They are raping women and children on the streets and shooting at all passing cars. When will this stop. I don't know how many people we have here in our small town everu one is cleaning pantries and cooking and doing all we can. The poor babies I got to stop my heart is broke. All of our churches are open now and we accept anything we can get. This is just one story of the millions just like us. What part of california are u in Mel? I have friends in Aneheim. If nothing else just everyone pray for this to end.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #330  
Melanie

Unhappy

Debbie - It truly sickens me to think of what evil perverts would take advantage of women and children in such a time as this! I pray the Lord will take justice on those sick men! I cannot believe how bad it really is - it brakes my heart. May the Lord continue to give you strength to help in anyway you can. I know it's hard, but please try to have some rest and peace tonight.......you'll need it for tomorrow.

Goodnight and God Bless!
Melanie