Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #46  
Haley

Jenny, I'm so sorry about your sunburn, I burn VERY easily because I'm fair-skinned so I know how that is. Use aloe vera, it soothes it! And congrats on your exercise in the pool!

Melanie, a nurse at my school suggested I start using Stevia, but I had forgotten about it. I think I'm going to get some and try it out, I don't really use much sugar, but I would much rather have a healthy calorie/carb free substitute for when I do. Thank you!

Karen, to get the weight tracker in your profile go to User CP (at the top above 3FC Home). Click on Edit Signature on the left. There are some instructions then it has a weight tracker, click on the weight tracker and choose which things you want for your tracker, then copy the code that comes up in the box (it should say use this one for 3FC), paste it into the empty box where it says Your Signature. You can add anything else you'd like in there too. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, ask away! Also, I have never experienced nausea while doing weights, but I used to get light-headed, dizzy and blackout, so if any of this ever happens, don't keep lifting weights! I talked to my doctor about it, who diagnosed me with something, so if you have any of those things happen, let me know, and I'll tell you what my doctor told me about it.

I am SSSOOOOOOOOOOOO SORE. My legs feel like they're about to fall off which sucks, but I'm glad I feel sore because I know I worked really hard yesterday. My arms aren't sore which makes me wonder if I'm not using high enough weights, but I struggle to lift the weights I do, maybe I'll just do less weight and more reps. I'm going to strength train every other day, so we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited by haleys; 07-27-2005 at 12:21 PM.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:55 PM   #47  

Hello everyone!

I did my 5k today and did pretty well! I may work out on the elliptical but not sure if I'll have time today..
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #48  
Melanie

Good Job Celeste!

Haley - that's awesome you are working out so efficiently Oh yeah, and Stevia's the best - especially if you are having a hard time getting enough water in!
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #49  
NICKI

Karen, doing heavy weights fast like that is not very good for you! Not too sure about the nausea thing, but you should always do your weights slow so you don't hurt yourself. And your muscles know time, not reps, if that makes sense?
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #50  
Melanie

Default Pictures

Hey Ladies,

I thought it might be fun for us to post pictures of each other; any pics with you, your family, significant others, etc.... so we can put a face to a name

I will start;
My Family

Me

My Cute Baby Boy

Now it's someone else's turn
Melanie
Old 07-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #51  

Good idea!! Melanie, you have a beautiful family! Your little boy is a cutie!!

Here's me:

This is my daughter Kalynn at Dora Live last weekend

And my husband Bill and DD Kalynn at Dora Live
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #52  
NICKI

Melanie, great idea! And ok, you and your family are SO CUTE! You are very, VERY pretty. Your hubby is handsome and your little boy is ADORABLE! His blue eyes are amazing! Beautiful family.

Here's my boyfriend and I at Disneyland (or I think it was actually California Adventure)

This is my kitty Cha-Chi. OMG I love her so much! Sorry if the pic is kinda big.

This is me waving! That is a really good pic of me I think, because my face doesn't look as chubby.

Ooo that was fun! More pics guys!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #53  
NICKI

Celest you and your family are adorbale! Awww, you guys have really cute familys, and you are all hotties yourself.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #54  
NICKI

Haley, about the sorness and weights... my old trainer told me that just because you're not sore doesn't mean that you didn't have a good workout. If the weights you are lifting right now are heavy enough for you, then that is great! Don't mess with that. I think if you want to (and you should if it's been more than 6-8 weeks) change your routine around. Here is a cool link. You just click on the body part you want to work out, and it gives you lots of different exercises! I love it.

Oh and thanks Melanie and Haley for what you said earlier. I think I will copy/paste what you said and put it somewhere for quick reference!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #55  
Haley

6-8 Weeks?? I wish! I've been getting more serious about weight training for the past....2 weeks, so I have a ways to go. That link is pretty cool and very informative, I'm going to bookmark it so I can look at it a little later on.

Now, those are some cute kids! I don't have any pics of myself on my computer, but if I get some I'll post them. I'm planning on taking a picture so I can do a before/after comparison (straight on shot/side shot/back shot).
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 PM   #56  
Melanie

Celeste - You have the cutest figure and such strong shapely legs. I can't wait till I can accomplish all that you have! You look great and you deserve it from all your hard work. What a sweet family too, your daughter is such a perfect mixture of you and your hubby!

Nicki - You & are your boyfriend are really cute together - you look like you are such good friends, which is so important in a healthy relationship! I love your cats name - how creative "Cha Chi" - LOL! I love the 2nd pic of you too! I am glad that what Haley and I said helped a little - I hope it truly helps when temptation is present! Oh, and thanks for the compliment - I have been truly blessed with a wonderful hubby and a precious little boy

Thanks ladies for sharing your pics - now I feel like I know you all a little better!

Melanie
Old 07-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #57  
NICKI

Thanks Melanie! Yeah we are like best friends. You are so sweet!

And yeah, what you guys said really did help. It's 9:35pm right now, and I have 2 more hours to go at work. Hopefully I can eat well the rest of the night. About this time, it's really hard for me! I haven't eaten all that much today. I think it's because I was actually DOING stuff, you know? Well, I mean I have eaten a decent amount, but I haven't gone totally over my calories I don't think. So that's good.

How are you all doing?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:27 AM   #58  
Melanie

Hey Nicki -

Only 1 more hour of work - huh? Hope it goes by quick for ya! I am so glad today wasn't a struggle for you. Today has gone really well for me too! I was telling my husband how weird it feels to have eaten dinner and only be at 1200 calories and not be starving still! I think my stomach is finally shrinking and I don't feel deprived - that in itself is a miracle for me! I was able to have some low fat ice cream tonight as a snack because I was short calories........what a weird concept for me! What I am struggling most with right now is the exercise - I am doing it everyday, but everyday I have to force myself - last week I was all jazzed about it, but this week I feel like "do I have to?" LOL! I guess my energy level is lower this week.......hmmm, wonder if it could have anything to do with my "TOM"?? I don't know

Have a great night and I will post tomorrow - nighty night buddy!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #59  
Haley

I've NEVER felt energetic about going to the gym. I get bored easily when I'm just on the elliptical and am just kind of counting down the minutes. I'm going to my 2nd kick boxing class today and am excited because the last one was kind of a flop (too hard to follow so I left early). I'm a little worried it'll again be too hard to follow, but oh well, I'm going to at least stay for the whole class and if it gets too hard to follow I'll just jog in place until I know what's going on. I feel so awesome after I work out that even if I get bored, it's worth it!

Melanie, I know what you mean about the 1200 calories and not be starving still. When I first started I was hungry, but my body adjusted to the new intake and is fine now. A yogurt used to not fill me up at all, now it's a great snack and is filling for me! And I'm guessing it has a lot to do with your TOM, I don't feel a lot like working out when it's mine.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #60  
Melanie

Haley - I totally hear you about the exercise. I have never been a fan of it, but like you said, I love the way I feel afterwards and that is the part that hooks me! It's like a natural high, plus you know you are doing your body good! Isn't it great how your body adjusts to eating less - it makes me realize how much I was overeating before! Sounds like you are doing great - keep it up!

Melanie