Old 07-29-2005, 05:03 PM   #76  
NICKI

Hey guys! Yeah, I should get a better scale. But I bought that one after the one before that was doing the same thing! Only it was worse. This one isn't as bad, but still. Ugh. I think maybe if I don't touch it for a while, it should be fine. My Mom has a Dr. scale! Those things are really accurate. I wish I had one! It was expensive, she said. Maybe some day.

Anyways, thanks for making me feel better you guys. I appreciate it.

OH AND HELLO?! I think I forgot to say CONGRATS to you Melanie for losing that weight! How rude of me! I'm all into myself and my scale problems I forgot to say something! I thought it, though, if that counts? LOL Anyways yeah, great job. I hope we can BOTH say that we lost weight next week!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #77  
Melanie

No worries Nicki! It's the thought that counts - LOL! I am truly trying my hardest, probably harder than I have ever tried for something in my life. I have always been one of those yo yo dieters. I would start a diet extremely motivated, then lose motivation by the 3rd day, I'd gain any weight I lost plus more, then would get so mad at myself and get on another diet - it was a vicious cycle. I am in a totally different head space now. I know if I don't lose this weight I will feel stuck in every aspect of my life. I want to have the confidence I had when I was younger. It's hard when you are constantly realizing that you could be better than you are but you aren't doing anything about it! That was me for too long!

Wow, I could talk about it all day - I bet you're glad I'm stopping - ha ha!

Haley - I do the same thing....weigh myself every morning. Even though the scale has been kind so far - I still wish I didn't do it. If I waited to weigh myself each week, it would be a way better surprise.....I'd rather see a whole 3 lbs lost, than a few ounces each day - know what I mean? I guess my curiosity gets the best of me in the end.
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #78  
NICKI

Are you kidding? Please, continue! I love hearing that stuff. It really helps me, A LOT! I have only done good the past few days because I kept reminding myself what you and Haley said. So this helps!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #79  
Melanie

Ok, so the other day you asked for more pics, Nicki - here are a few. You may recognize the people in the pictures with me - they are actors from the soap opera Days of Our Lives (DOOL). One of my friends is a huge fan of that soap, so she had me go with her to fan event - LOL! It was about a month or so ago......

Kyle Brandt & I. He's also known as Phillip on DOOL.
He was also on Real World Chicago.

The beautiful Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe on DOOL) & I.

I have more but I don't want to bore you all - LOL

Last edited by Meldiggety; 07-29-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #80  
NICKI

Oh so cool! Looks like it was fun. I remember that Real World Guy, and he was saying how he would never do a soap opera because he thought it was beneath him or SOMETHING like that. Yeah. Ok buddy.

You look pretty in both of those pics!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:28 PM   #81  
Karen

Thumbs up Another MIA Hi it me.....

HI Gals... Sorry it has been a long long time. I have read all of the post to get caught up. Everyone is doing so great. I have not been lately, I will be having a new start in the morning, and want to see a lost at the end of the week. It was great to see all the pics of everyone, I will try to share some of mine. But somehow, my files are too big...Hummm is it me or what....LOL. No, I will get my hubby to help me when he gets home. Anyway, I think that everyone is doing really great!

See ya!!!
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #82  
NICKI

Hey girly! Nice to see you. Totally post pics when you can! I love looking at pics, they are fun. I think if you load them to www.photobucket.com you can resize them there. But you know, whatever works!

Good luck for tomorrow! You will do great.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 PM   #83  
Melanie

Nicki - That is so funny what Kyle said on Real World - if he was too good for soaps then how come he's on one? BA HA HA HA!

Karen - Don't sweat it, we've all been there and had slip ups, just don't let it hold you back from moving forward! Keep on going, you can do it!

So thankful I have you guys to chat with
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 PM   #84  
NICKI

I'm so glad I have you guys to chat with too!
Old 07-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #85  
Haley

Melanie, I totally know what you mean about the yo yo dieting. I would get all inspired one day then like 2 days later I'd be like "what, am I kidding myself? I can't do this" and then I'd stop. I just had to stop to realize, YES, I can do this and now I'm committed to losing it all. It does take a long time and it is hard, but it's all worth it.

I've been hearing a lot lately about how places don't hire people who are overweight as much as people who are fit and this really hit a nerve with me. I'm getting out of college in 2 or so years and will be looking for a job, even before I get out of school. I don't want anything getting in the way of me getting a great job.

Anywayyssss, I'm also glad you guys are around to chat with, you're so fun! I'm going to go to the gym now because I didn't go yesterday and I was going to play tennis but it decided to rain all evening.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:46 PM   #86  
Karen

Default This is me, I hope!

This is a test to see if my profile picture worked. Hopefully more to come.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #87  
NICKI

Hi Karen! We can see your cute face in your avatar!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #88  
Karen

Default Pics of me and family

Hello....Hope this works..... The first pic is of me and family at my son's blessing.... the second is of my two cuties, Jessica and Charlie. Boy, is there an easier way to post pics? I don't think that this is working??? Help???
Old 07-30-2005, 11:24 PM   #89  
NICKI

No I can't see ANY pics! Where are you getting your pics from? A website you put them on, or your home computer"?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:35 AM   #90  

Hey guys, whats up? As for me well yesterday I cheated all day. I don't feel too bad about it because It was the first in 14 days. And now I'm back on track. I haven't seen the scale move since last weekend! I wonder whats up with my body...Hopefully Im still losing inches. I hope i get atleast 1 complement next friday from my family bc I haven't seen them in since 7/5. Everyone seems to be doing well. I also check my scale everyday, right before I just into the shower. I'm also measuring myself on bodycomp twice a week. I know I should do it every other week. Anyhew I'll be posting pics soon.
jennyhenny0330 is offline   Reply With Quote