Old 07-31-2005, 01:40 PM   #91  
Haley

I'm not weighing in today because I was so BAD yesterday. I'm going to work out today and maybe weigh in tomorrow, we'll see. Ick.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #92  
Karen

Cool The pics...

Hey Nicki

I am still having trouble with the pics. I am getting of our computer. I worked on it all night. I tried to make it on a folder on the avarter but that did not work...need a break...from trying... Anyway, I bought a new scale it is the one by weight watchers. it is really neat, it keeps a record of your weight and gives you a goal weight. It makes losing weight fun. Hope everyone is doing well. I work out today....I feel that it is okay to take a day off and eat anything you want within reason. I find that it is helpful for weight loss, as long as you get back the next day..... have fun everyone!
fitnessweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #93  
Melanie

Hey Nicki, Karen, Haley & Jenny

How are all you ladies? I had a bit of a cheat day yesterday - and by cheat, I mean 2000 calories instead of 1500 which is ok for one day. I also went horseback riding w/ my hubby and friends for 3.5 hrs which killed my butt, thighs & back - I feel muscles I never knew I had. It doesn't seem like it should be that bad - but let me tell you that when your muscles are working and your adrenaline is going because of the steep up and down trails the horse is taking you on, you feel it! I found out that I burned 700 calories just from that - YEAH! I don't think I will do it again anytime soon, but it was an experience for sure

How is everyone's weekend going?

Melanie
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM   #94  

Hey ladies! Uggh, I am NOT looking foward to my weigh in tomorrow. I ate HORRIBLY this weekend. I had to go to an Arbonne conference/convention and ate out, and then the rest of the week wasn't too great either
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:44 PM   #95  
Karen

Post New month new goal

Hi ya! Nicki, Melanie, Haley, and Jenny

Sounds like Melanie had a great weekend. The horse riding sounds like fun! It must be kinda hard to sit on the potty. I bet those thighs hurt!

I am trying to set some goals for myself for the new month. Here they are:

I will lose at least 10lbs by the end of the month.
I will workout for at least 4 days of the of week. At least two with weights and at least three cardio.

Goals for the week:

Stay within 1500-1800 cals
eat 5 veg/friuts a day
drink at least 3 glasses of water.

Wish me luck!

Hope that everyone is doing well
Old 07-31-2005, 07:45 PM   #96  

That is such a great idea to set goals for the month! I may have to steal that idea!
Old 07-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #97  
Karen

Hi Celeste:

You have been doing so very well! I wish I was where you are! I think that you are doing GREAT!

Karen
Old 07-31-2005, 11:24 PM   #98  
NICKI

Haley, it's cool if you don't weigh in today. You could even wait until next week or at least the middle of next week! Whatever you feel like.

Karen your scale sounds so cool! That's neat that it keeps track of everything. And your goals sound GREAT. I like how you are doing that, making goals. Monthy goals scare me because if I mess up, I feel like I screwed up my whole month. So I think I'm going to make either weekly or daily goals along with you!

Haha Melanie, you're sore. Sometimes I like feeling sore! I dunno why?

Jenny your cheat day sounds well deserved! 14 days, that's a long time to go! Good for you. And do you think you hit a mini platue or something? That's weird that you stopped losing weight. How many weeks has it been since you stopped?

Anyways, guys, right now I need some support/encouragement/whatever right now. I really need to go to the gym. I have the time. But I just don't go. I don't understand what my problem is! I'm going to go for sure tomorrow, but it will be easy because it's my day off AND my boyfriend has to work, so I have nothing keeping me at home. So tomorrow is not a problem. It's every other day. I don't go to work until 2:45pm Wednesday-Sunday. I get up around... 11:30am (used to be 10:30am! I need to get back into that). So I for sure have the TIME to go. I just don't. What is my problem? I like how I feel at the end of a workout, when I'm all sweaty. I feel GREAT. Love it. I just want to remember that and go.

Help?
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:54 PM   #99  
Melanie

Karen - Great fitness goals!

I ate around 1850 calories today - I know it doesn't sound too bad, but I feel so gross because I ate too much at dinner. I was at about 800 calories with breakfast, snack and lunch combined and then went out and ordered a healthy chicken, veggie, potato meal, but I ate nearly the whole thing and it was around 1000 calories - Yikes!

Anyhoo, I am just freaked out about my stomach expanding again, don't want that to happen after I just worked so hard on my appetite shrinking!

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits!
Melanie
Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 AM   #100  
Haley

Nicki, I get the same way, even when there is no reason I can't go to the gym I'm kind of just like ughh I don't want to go, but it really is worth it. Just keep remembering how you feel when you leave and how really in the course of a day its no time.

I'm going to stay on the ball this week because I want to lose 9 more pounds (well, it's still 9 if I didn't gain any this week) before I go back to school. I don't remember the last time I was under 200, so I'm actually excited about it. I took a 12 mile bike ride today, it was fun. Anndddd it looks like I MIGHT right in the MS150 in April. This means I would have to start training in December for the ride. I can't imagine riding 150 miles (well, actually it's about 180 miles). But I think it's a great goal, by then I should be at my goal weight and I just think it'd be an amazing experience.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Good luck this week! Remember to eat healthy, make good choices and keep exercising! We can do it!

Last edited by haleys; 08-01-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #101  
Karen

Melane:

I know how you feel, but look at it this way... If we eat the same cals everyday, when we would stay the same or platue. So it is good to go up or down with our cals sometimes. You might even find that you lost weight! Also, you burned alot of cals this weekend! I think that you are doing GREAT!

Karen
Old 08-01-2005, 03:53 AM   #102  
Karen

Wow! Haley,

What a great goal. And I great way to keep off the weight for sure. It sounds like fun riding a bike. I am thinking of taking a spin class soon!!!

Nicki,

I have those days too. It helps me to look at my old pics to see how well I did before or to look at some pics of women who fit my body type who look nice and buff. Or I buy a new CD of some music, or called a friend to go with me...

Keep it up!!!
Karen
Old 08-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #103  
Haley

I decided to weigh in this morning, I'm down to 207! It's only 1 pound lost, but I'm happy for anything after that bad day of eating. I guess that bike ride yesterday helped! I'm aiming for 2-3 pounds gone this week, so I really need to stick to my plan and keep the exercise up.

Melanie, it's funny you mentioned horseback riding because I was just talking about going yesterday. I love it, but yeah the soreness can suck. At least you burned some calories while doing it!

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #104  

Today was my weigh in!! I didn't lose any weight BUT I'm just glad I didn't gain any.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #105  
Melanie

Sounds like we all need a group ((((HUG))))!!!

Celeste - You have been doing so awesome & you are so close to your goal - keep going, I know you can do it!

Haley - Good job on the loss!! 1 whole pound is actually quite a bit. Just look at a lb of meat and think about that coming off your body! Great going girl - the bike ride sounds difficult, but fun. Great aspirations as far as entering the MS150 in April.

Karen - Thanks so much for the encouragement - I know it's not the end of the world that I ate a lot at dinner last night, but I just hate that bloaty feeling - ya know?

Nicki - Did ya end up working out? How's the motivation going?

Ok Ladies, I just found out that American Idol auditions are in San Francisco on Aug 18 (3 wks away)! I have been a singer my whole life - performing in musicals, bands, choir, church, weddings, etc....when I was younger I was going to sign a record deal, but that fell through because the record company closed down. Every year I haven't been able to go to auditions.....one year we were away on vacation, the next year I was pregnant and the year after that I was breast feeding so I couldn't be away from the baby for a whole day. Now, there is nothing stopping me - WOO HOO! Can you ladies pray that I can be auditioned? It's not a for sure thing if you show up that they will have time to audition everyone. I am going to get there as early as they allow you, so we will see. Also, I plan to be down about 10 more lbs before then which means no overeating or skipping exercise!

Well, hope everyone is well and I am off to exercise!
Melanie