Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #61  
NICKI

Man I can't wait until I can eat less! I am hungry on 2000 calories! But I try to not eat more than that. I don't think I could get down to 1200, but I hope to maintain at like 1800. I like to eat, lol.

Well, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym today because I had a lot of other crap going on, but plan to tomorrow. And I had Taco Bell. I honestly didn't have time to pack anything, and had to do all my stuff and come right to work. BUT I plan on adding it into my total calories today, so hopefully that will be ok. I'm usually ok if I eat something like that, but still stay within my calorie range.

Man, I need to go grocery shopping tonight, also! How are you all doing?

Melanie tomorrow is weigh-in day!
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #62  
Melanie

Hey Nicki,

I liked to eat a lot too.....3 weeks ago I was eating about 2000 calories per day and still felt starving, but this week my body is adjusting and it's great! This week I have been eating about 1300 - 1400 calories per day and it is perfect. I could eat less but I don't want my metabolism to slow down, plus it's not healthy to go below 1200 calories per day long term.

So, what will our weigh in day look like - are we posting our weight or lbs lost or both? What are you going to do?
Meldiggety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #63  
NICKI

I had a yummy salad w/ lots of veggies for dinner! Yay! It felt really good to eat that.

Yeah I can't wait until my stomach shrinks!

Welllll I dunno. I'll probably post both. Although I have only been eating good the past few days, so I'm not sure how well I will do. Hopefully at LEAST stay the same. But yeah, I'll probably post both. What are you gonna do?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:05 AM   #64  
Melanie

I will post my weight loss from week 1 to now (week 3 for me). We'll see!

Last edited by Meldiggety; 07-29-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #65  

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I have been so busy, it's been crazy! And this weekend, I'll be even more busy!!

Eating wise...wasn't the greatest...I wasn't able to run either. But, I will run tomorrow!!
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #66  
Melanie

Thanks for posting and checking in Celeste!

That's so awesome you're a runner Have fun tomorrow!
Melanie
Old 07-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #67  
Haley

I went to the gym last night, so glad I was able to go home then get my butt up to go to the gym. Usually when I'm at home I can't get inspired, so that's why I go right after work, but I did it today. My legs are sssoooo sore still and my arms hurt if I hold them up for a while, I was trying to straighten my hair this morning and I felt like my arms were going to fall off while I was holding them up, ouch. I didn't eat enough yesterday, ick.

Good luck with your weigh in, Nicki! I'll probably just post something like this week I lost ____ pounds and now I'm at ____. And your body will adjust to a lower amount of calories, but it's better not to just go from 2000 to 1200, which I think you know since you said you might drop it down to 1800.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #68  
Melanie

Thumbs up Weigh-in

Ok, here's my weigh-in to date;

Week 1 = 190.5
Week 2 = 185.5
Week 3 = 181.5 (Today's weigh-in)

Total lbs lost = 9!! WOO HOO
Old 07-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #69  
Melanie

Hi Haley!

Good job on your workout yesterday, way to be motivated! Don't you feel so much better about yourself afterwards? I know I do.

Have a great day and weekend if I don't hear from you - keep up the great work!

Melanie
Old 07-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #70  
Melanie

Nicki-

How are you today? Are you around yet? Hope all is well, just checking in!

Melanie
Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #71  
Haley

Melanie, CONGRATS on the weightloss! That's awesome!! And I'm pretty much always around. I work on the computer all day and most of the day there isn't much work to do, so I'm usually browsing around on 3FC most of the day and on the weekends I check in a few times a day. I definitely do feel better after my workouts and I'm glad I can motivate myself to go. Have to go again today and tomorrow so I can get 5 days in this week (I skipped Monday).

Have a great weekend, everyone, and good luck!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:49 PM   #72  
Melanie

Hey Haley!

Thanks for the encouragement. The exercise part has been harder for me than the eating part, but it has been paying off and my body is thankful Good job yourself on keeping up with the execise motivation!! I skipped Monday's workout this week too, so I will either work out on Saturday or Sunday to get a full 5 days in. Speaking of workouts, I have to go get one in right now while the baby is sleeping......Tae Bo, here I come!

I am online on and off all day too, so feel free to pm me or post here whenever!

Melanie
Old 07-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #73  
NICKI

Hi guys! Since I work late, I don't get up until late. I woke up at 11:30 today. That's kinda late for me. It's usually 10:30-11am, but for the past month my boyfriend has been on a weird schedule, and he didn't get home until 2am. So I would wait up for him, and that kinda threw off my sleeping patterns. He's back to his normal shift now, so I need to adjust back! It's so hard for me because I LOVE to sleep in and HATE getting up early!

Anyways, I weighed in today. 205 . So I'm up 2. But I find it so odd, because the other day (yes, I know, bad to weigh yourself more than once a week! I can't help it) I was at 203. So I'm surprised. AND I have been eating good the past few days. Ugh. I am totally NOT trying to make excuses, but my boyfriend (his name is Troy! so I'll call him that from here on out, lol) moved the scale to clean the bathroom floor, and I'm not sure if that messed it up or not. My scale is SO sensitive. I can step on it, and it says 203. And then I get off, and step on it again and it will say 204! It's really weird and hard to trust. So I mean, who knows. I'll just have to take the 2 pound weight gain and do better this week. Blah.

Haley GREAT job on going to the gym! That is really, really awesome!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:30 PM   #74  
Melanie

Hi Nicki

Maybe you should invest in a more accurate scale? That would drive me nuts if my scale was always going up and down - especially when making such an effort to lose weight!

I am sure things will be better from here on out. Don't let what the scale said discourage you either - it might not even be right and if it is, it could be water weight.

Anyways, have a terrific day!
Melanie
Old 07-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #75  
Haley

I agree with Melanie, it may be a good idea to get a better scale. The one I have now was about 30 bucks and it SUCKS. It has the body fat measurement and all that, but it was so complicated, I don't even know how to use it. On the package it said that it was to the ounce, but the scale only does .5, which can be annoying. I also call our scale "the haunted scale," it beeps when someone steps on it and beeps when the weight comes up. It also will beep randomly when no one is standing on it or even near it, creeeeeeeeeeeeeepppyy. I'm going to get a better scale to take back to the dorm with me, so yeah, I'd suggest getting a new scale, maybe one that isn't so sensitive. And I'm guessing if you got on and it was 203 then got on a few days later to see 205 that it's either the scale being weird or just water weight, like Melanie said.

I used to only weigh once a week, but that's impossible for me now. I get on every morning after I wake up just to see where I am, before I thought it was a bad idea, but now I find it kind of motivating.

I think I might skip the workout today and just go Saturday & Sunday to finish up my 5 days. We'll see how I feel when I leave work. Ohhh, or maybe I'll go play tennis today (and still go Sat & Sun). I'm soo booorrrrrrreeeeeeeeeedddddddddd.