Old 07-27-2004, 04:48 PM   #166  

Hi all
I'm back from vacation.. Actually, I was back yesterday, but if you would have seen my desk
I spent 4 days in Ohio at the home of an Italian family with an Italian Festival going on. Needless to say there was plenty of food and all totally yummy! Then on to Door County. I did only eat 1/2 of my dinner every night though. So, I skimmed through the past posts. Sounds like everyone is on track pretty much. I am 5'1" (and 1/2) and weigh 201. Was 212 and then lost 50 lbs to 162 but then gained back. I want to be 135-140. I know this may sound high for my height, but actually I hide my weight pretty well and at 52 years old I'm not ever going to be 125 again!
So, had a great time on vacation and now it's nose to the grindstone and feet to the treadmill.
I will write more later, I need to go home now
We have about 22 weeks until Christmas and I plan to be a lot lighter by then, how about you all?
Catch you later, suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #167  

I guess I'd have to say medium frame. How do you know? I know that my wrists and ankles are not small. Does that have anything to do with it?
Thanks for the welcome back. Had a great time. Hard to come back to work and hard to start back on the weight thing. suzq
Old 07-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #168  

We are leaving early tomorrow for Fla. Hope we can convince my husband's aunt it's time to come North to live near familyI know how tough it is to put the dogs in the kennel. Three of mine went in yesterday and the fourth is ailing with bladder stones so she is going to my daughter. I feel so bad leaving them,don't remember feeling this bad leaving the kids in camp.
My son leaves on hiss 17 day odessy out west and I will be on pins and needles till he's home safe. 17 days on a motorcycle is not my idea of fun but hey I'm only a mother so I'm doing what's expected and will worry.
Won't have access to a computer so I guess I will check in the first week in Aug. Hope you all continue to watch and I'd better keep my act together. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:28 AM   #169  

Soready.. is your son going to Sturgis for the rally? My husband is too but he'll only be gone a week. We're probably closer than you though.
Anyhow, as far as the frame size, I guess I would be large boned then because my fingers don't meet around my wrist. I thought I would be smaller boned because I'm so short. Oh well...

I hope all of you have a good day. I'll check in later for any new messages.
Congrats on the 10 lbs by the way
suzq
Old 07-29-2004, 01:15 PM   #170  

Hello there! MsT!!!! 10lbs!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS There is just something about the 2 digit numbers that is so rewarding. Time to shop??? Have been busy the last few days not sleeping. I swear it is just the menopause thing. Saturday should be great for you with the grand daughter coming. Have a wonderful vs. When is Bernice getting back? I would be nervous too (motorcycle). Tell me again how to measure your frame? I was talking with one of my co-workers last evening. When I showed her how I measured my wrists.......well.... She said I did it wrong. When I remeasured at the smallest part, my fingers overlap a little. Whats that mean??? I am WAY fat? Oh well. I will just keep plugging along. Had a little sliver (about 1/2in peice of cake last night. It was excellent. Did 2 miles on the treadmill today. Think I worked it off?
Hey anybody else?? How do you reward yourselves for goals met?? Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:05 AM   #171  

Hello! Ok so I am an anal yutz. This is my very last question about the "bone size" I overlap by about a 1/2 inch. So.... Well I can't help it! What if you just have small wrists ?? ( seems unscientific!) Anyway... I will let it go now. Yawn. Home and off work tommorrow. Co-workers say I am starting to look thinner. Anybody else getting positive feedback? 10 lbs has to show Bonnie! Do you walk everyday?
Liz: what kind of horse to you ride? My daughter rode english years ago. I love the smell of horse manure.(yeah ok, thats weird too). Bye til tommorrow Linda
Old 07-30-2004, 03:08 PM   #172  

Hi
well, according to my scale at home (haven't been to WW yet) I lost 1 1/2 pounds from the 3 I gained on vacation. So, I'm hoping by Wednesday (WW weigh in) that I lose the other 1 1/2. I have been trying to journal every day, whether it be points or just my thoughts, that seems to help.
Well, I guess I am a big boned person. Although I think it helps me not show my weight as much.

I wonder if anyone else does what I do and that is count weeks until a certain event and plan to lose 2 lbs a week?? Weird I know.
But for instance, I have 7 weeks until a wedding (14 lbs????), 12 weeks until my DH and I go out to our daughter's in CA (24 lbs???) and 21 weeks until a couple days before Christmas (42 lbs????) Now, if I could stick to that I would be in heaven

What else is happening with everyone today??? Have a great weekend if I don't check back today. suzq
Old 07-31-2004, 04:42 PM   #173  
RAR

HI! Everyone hope your day is going great havent been on for a few days so got some reading your posts to catch up hubby is horse back riding so really peaceful here just me and my animals which I enjoy at timesBonnie congrats on your weighjt loss way to go !!!!!! have not got in the pool this week as Ohio had its share of standing at the same weight this week but I guess it is better then gaining well girls got tto catch up on my house work so have a great Saturday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:47 PM   #174  
RAR

HI! Everyone is having a great dayMondays are always hetic for me but got most done what I had wanted to get done now I am and it is time to get supper going to make my fried green tomatoes this week if I dont eat nothin else it is really today in Ohiohope to get in the pool later well ladies you all have a great day and who ever is on vacation hope you are enjoying yourself!!!!!Rita
Old 08-03-2004, 11:59 PM   #175  

Hello everybody: Not one lb lost this week. Have been counting points, drinking water etc. Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Did you ever hear of fat being lost but gaining muscle? Linda
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 AM   #176  

Quick response this morning... Moogee... make sure you measure yourself. You may have lost inches instead of weight this week. I have been finding it so hard just to stay on track. So I give all of you credit just for staying on target
I just have to find the to do what I want to do. You know, this may sound wrong but when I had lost the 50 lbs, I was enjoying the attention of everyone on my weight loss and their compliments. I miss that! I want to do it again and this time get to where I want to be and stay there. I sure need all the I can get. I think we are a very supportive group and hope that we can see each other through... I have to go for now. Will check in later... suzq
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #177  
RAR

Good Afternoon everyone hope your day is going well for youI just woke up frmsleeping and Ohio looks like it is going to any minute so wont be able to get a little walk in so instead of taking the elevators where I clean going to try and do steps so wish me luck as I really need it:LOL; Suzq we are here for you if you did it once you can do it again!!!!!!!! just dont give up weighed myself at work and I am still at 153 got to try a little harder Linda I have heard of fat turning to muscle so dont you give up and doing the tradmill at 2.5 miles is a great accomplishment I dont think I ever got a mile on mine!!!!!! well hope Bonnie vacation is turning out better for her and she missed most of the storm when she hase to post she will have to tell us all about it sure miss her planned menu that she always has !!!!!well got to get busy so you all have a great day Rita
Old 08-05-2004, 08:14 AM   #178  
RAR

Good Morning !!!!! well ladies hope you are having a great day glad that Bonnie posted I see she is having fun and the motel sounds wonderful!!!!!!great that she didnt gain even if she got off the routine of what she was eating sure wish I could be like that well I made it up 2 flights yesterday my goal is 3 today and believe me I was huffing and puffing when I did them 2 well going to get busy early so I can have the afternoon to myself today is my mom birthday so need to spend some time with her so ladies have a great day with what ever you do and remember we can do itno matter what!!!!!!! Rita
Old 08-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #179  

Weigh in last night. I gained 2.4 So, I guess it was a good thing that I lost 1.6 before I left on vacation. Oh well, starting new. I was tempted not to go to WW but if I didn't, it would be that much harder the next time. So, I faced the music or scale I guess!
I am writing every day including my points There were doughnuts around but I refrained (one of my weaknesses) I just have to get it in my head that all these foods I like are going to be around forever. It's not like I'll never have a doughnut again! So, onward and upward.
Sounds like tobaccygirl is having a great time. Rita, keep up with those stairs. Moogee, are you around today? Who else is still on this? Anyway, have a great rest of the day. suzq
Old 08-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #180  
RAR

Good afternoon Ladies hope everyone is enjoying your saturday Tobacc glad you posted and you are enjoying your self the weather sounds lovely wish I was there it is cool in Ohio in the 70's but at least no rain and congrats on your weight loss just keep it up I am really happy for you well ladies have a great sat Rita