Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogee
Thank you RAR. I am a pretzel addict too. Did 2.2 miles on the treadmill since it is SO HOT here in North Carolina to walk outside. Moved here for the long growing season so I had best get over it. Anybody following weight watchers?
Nights huh. I admire you. I can't stay awake after midnight anymore. And to think I use to stay out all night (in my much younger days) LOL

Moogee I mark every thing down that I eat so if you are on w w save something for when you get home and that way you can stay on plan I have to do a lot of talking to myself and even slap my hands to keep from eating so try that Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #107  

Welcome Moogee, Actually my advice to you when you come home is go to bed. Then you won't eat unless you are like me and make midnight raids. It's not been bad heatwise in NJ. I've hardly had to put the ac on. Been good with food today. Had oatmeal with coffee for breakfast,a cup of yogurt for lunch. A salad,small portion of homemade onion soup.2 small lamb chops and yellow squash for dinner. Still the darn scale doesn't move altho I don't feel so bloated. I think I'm going to forgo the scale and just see if the clothes fit better or get loose. Otherwise I'm driving myself nuts. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #108  

Hello everyone and thank you all for writing with your suggestions. I will review the old posts. Bonniebroad, I am in Greenville. Just started back on WW. I had lost 60 lbs years ago using WW and then GAINED IT ALL BACK (I can blame it on THAT MAN)Anyway. will implement your suggestions. Soready, I wish I had that willpower. I have to walk pass the refrigerator to get to my room. Will keep trying! Thank you all!
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #109  
RAR

Good morin everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonnie you are energized mighty early today but way to go congrats on the weight loss just keep doing what you are doing just rub some of that on meLOL well I lost 1/2 pound I am just happy that I lost something after all that pigging out I did over last weekend I didnt think I would loose so going to get on my bike and ride ride and ride going to save my legs cause I have to work a 12 hr and it usually kills my legs Bonnie sounds like you are doing some traveling in the past couple of weeks hope you have a great time!!!!!!Bernice dont get discouraged about the weight not budgingyou know how many scales there are at a hospital well I got on at least 4 of them to weigh myself and one said 1/2 pound so I am sticking to that scale onlyLOL well hopefully the rest of the girls will pop inand let us know how they are doing!!!!!!!!mogoo I dont have any will power when it comes for food last night just had to get in my fridge thank goodness for the strawberries that was left over because I was looking for that popcorn that I hid somewhere LOL so maybe someone can come up with some suggestions for us everyone have a great Friday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #110  

Good afternoon ladies
Well, after my gain on Wednesday, I did pretty good WW wise yesterday and today so far. I will weigh in on Tuesday this week because I'm leaving on vacation Wednesday. Good job with the early rising and walking. I get up around 5:30 but use my time eating breakfast, working crossword puzzles, and getting ready for work. So, I save my walking for after work, which is sometimes hard to do.
What ever happened to the other group that we were going to combine?
It's raining right now here in Wisconsin. It was a beautiful morning and then the rains came. I'm still hoping for sunny warm weather tomorrow.
I'll check in before I leave work. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #111  

Suz, Where in Wisconsin are you? My husband worked for a major corporation who was based in Racine. I liked the area very much. Hope you are doing well on your diet. Bernice
Old 07-09-2004, 08:45 PM   #112  

Hello to every one > Bonniebroad congratutions you are doing great keep it up .
Bernice just take it one day at a time I go the same as you but deep down we know if we are eating good the weight will come off . I keep going I lose 2 lbs then gain it back but I know I will get there some day I have a hard time on the week ends because I think I deserve to have something good then when Mon comes I am mad at my self so I am trying hard to stick to it I hate getting mad at my self .Jean
Old 07-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #113  

Happy Sat. everybody. Grand57, you are right. If we eat right and drink the water the weight will come off. I understand what you mean by food being a reward. Do you find it hard to reward yourself with something else? I do, but I am working on it! You must be a grandma. I am trying to motivate myself by putting photos of my grandaughter by the refrigerator handles! If all goes well, I will have a 2nd grandchild in Nov. Trying to stay healthy for them is motivating me.
Suzq: Italian! Being from NJ, I could not resist everything they had at the festival!! I Love Italian Food! Use to go to the festivals in NYC when I was a kid.
Bonnie: Would you mind telling me about the mountains in Western NC? I haven't been there yet. Walked this morning 2 miles early AM (as you do) Plan on going again Sunday really enjoyed it.
Well.... gotta go mow the lawn. Everybody, thank you. Posting msgs and reading all of yours is really helpful. Later......... Moogee aka as Linda
Old 07-10-2004, 08:55 PM   #114  

Hi every one a very nice day to day it is time we get some sunshine >
Well I dont call it a reward when I have something extra on the week ends I will soon be able to handle it I am getting more control I gave up over eating and doing good with out haveing any chocolate or sweets at all so now it is just to get over this spell I do good Monday to Fri so what is 2 more days LOL I will make it I am still keeping track Like to day I had about 1600 cal but not healthy food ..... one day at a time and I hope to stay healthy ....
Old 07-11-2004, 03:24 PM   #115  
RAR

HI! everyone hope you all are having a great sunday Linda congrats on your new one soon to be good Idea about the picturs on thev fridgegot 7 pictures on mineLOL any thing that will motivate it do it gradma57 congrats on being good this weekend I am trying 1sweet yesterday today a no no so am improving in that kinda cloudy today hubby bought a wall mart pool and is filling it up going to get in with the grandkids and have some fun cant swimjust going to walk around it for some kind of exercise at least it is something right the rest of you ladies have a great day Rita
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #116  
RAR

Good morning ladies hope you are having a great monday Bonnie still havent gotten in that swimming pool yet as it is still filling up the drain is very slooooowLOL it is only 12 by 3 feetnow today it really looks cloudy and going to rain any time in fact it must of rained thru the night when I got outside to fill the pool again sounds like you are starting your week out right by that morning and that food sounds like heaven that you had love those tomato sandwiches and corn in fact I planted a small garden of tomatoes and corn just waitin for the pickenLOL as for all you other ladies Susz,helen, bernice linda ,kris may you have a great day Rita,
Old 07-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #117  

Hello everybody! I am slowly getting everybodys names straight. Bonnie, Rita etc etc! I am not sure of everyones given (not e-mail) names. I need to get to work but did want to share the good news of 3 lb weight loss. But best of all just feeling better. Will walk again tommorrow before it turns into a sauna out there. A pool sounds like a lovely idea!
Hey, does anybody want to start or help each other to motivate walking by increasing miles? (or something like that) I would love to go walking out in the NC mountains but need to get in better shape.
More Later.........to work I go........
Linda
Old 07-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #118  

Way to go Linda. Three lbs! That's a super achievement and a great motivator.
Bonnie, I went back to review our discussion and I didn't see anything there that could be taken as an attack but just as a personal opinion. If Kriz took offense, I am sorry but I think we are all different and come from different parts of the country where somethings like fireworks may be part of the norm or not and I for one like diversity and value other opinions. I still believe fireworks are dangerous and should be left to the experts but that is my belief. I am not trying to convince anyone to think otherwise. Can you imagine what would happen on this board if we started talking politics? LOL FIREWORKS! LOL Just kidding!
Went to the pool for aerobics this AM. Only two of us and the instructor. Came home and ate a yogurt,banana and coffee.
Have my daughters 2 boxers along with my four pups and they are driving me nuts. I am not used to big dogs anymore and they take up alot of airspace. They follow me everywhere. Can't even go to the bathroom by myself. Because it's raining I decided to bathe and groom 3 of mine. I do a so so job but save 40 bucks a dog. They are predicting thunderstorms and generally crappy weather for the next few days. I can get caught up on my laundry.
Maybe the next person on should start a new thread as this one is almost done. Bernice
Old 07-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #119  

Well, in answer to one question, I'm in Watertown, WI. It is right in between Madison and Milwaukee. We are the home of America's first kindergarten (just in case that comes up in discussion) Did get to go on the Harley Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we left at 10:30 am and got home at 8:00 pm! Yesterday we planted more bushes, etc around the pond we put in early summer. Today and tomorrow work and then vacation!
Hope to do somewhat well eating while I'm on vacation. We'll see. I'm planning on having fun.
You ladies all have a great day. I'll be checking the board later today and tomorrow. suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:51 PM   #120  
RAR

HI1 Everyone I see we had some posts since this morning glad for Linda 3 lbs way to go just keep it up!!!!!!!!!!well Bonnie looked back at your post concerning the fire works I feel you was just stating how you feel we are all adults here I feel we should respect each other opinion on things whether we agree with it or notlife is too short to get upset over trival things that is how I feel maybe some day Kris will come back and join usas for you Bonnie dont worry about it Bernice yes having 2 boxers besides your little ones is difficult as I always had two boxers then when I decided on a lap dog pek I was kept busy but wouldnt change it as they all have brought me a lot of enjoyment just glad that you are talanted in doing your own grooming as it can be expensive with 4 that needs it well ladies all of you have a great evening as for walking I am still trying to get 4 blocks in LOL Rita