Old 09-10-2004, 11:15 PM   #241  

Thank you, tobaccygirl, for the welcome, and the tips. I'm back from the Friday night dinner with my old friends. I had a glass of wine, no rolls and a broiled seafood plate with a cheese topping. The cheese topping was probably the most fattening part of it and I probably would have been satisfied with half, but I ate it all. Three of us shared the dessert so that was not too bad. If I get through this week without gaining I'll be happy. I have a real hard time with social eating.
aford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #242  
RAR

GOOD Afternoon ladies hope that everyone is having agreat Monday welcome Annehope that we can be a help to you as much as you will be to us we are here to help each other as we all have the same goal to lose weight and with all the help from everyone I hope to loose also had a work, work.weekend so all I did is sleep and work did not go over board on my eating and ate only small amounts of sweets which is my down fall so hopeing tat by the end of the week when I weigh myself I will have something postive to report didnt do any exercise so maybe this evening I might go for a walk once I do my other job as it is beatiful in Ohio today well ladies have a great monday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #243  

A quick hi to everyone, Have to leave soon to go to the dentist and then home to cook for the holidays. So many rich fattening foods I'm making that I hope I can control my eating Thursday. It will be nice having the whole family over and using all the good china and stuff. Went to my neighbor yesterday to spend the day at their pool. She made a fabulous dinner of shrimp scampi,filet minion roast with mashed potatoes, I brought a salad with pears veggies walnuts and goat cheese with raspberry dressing. Dessert was cake with ice cream and fresh strawberries. Was I good? No but I wasn't THAT bad. Anyway today is a new day. Have a great one. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #244  
RAR

Good Afternoon ladies hope that everyone is having a great tuesday Bonnie sorry to hear that you have some sore muscles hope by now that you are feeling better I think we all go thru this of over doing then paying the conquences just take it easy!!!!!!!!well the rest of you ladies have a great day Rita
Old 09-14-2004, 06:40 PM   #245  

Thanks Bonnie, Yes I made the chopped liver,chicken soup with matzo balls, stuffed cabbage and the noodle and potato kugels. It's hardly low cal but what the hey it's only once a year and such a treat to eat the stuff my grandma used to make. Hard to believe I'm the Grandma now. When did this happen? Grandson is here and not feeling good. Crying for his mommy most of the day. Hubby took him to the park so I could continue to prepare. /Tomorrow I'll clean the house,set the table and get organized. The turkey is defrosting and that takes 2 days. I should have it all together by Thursday and then hubby does the clean up. Yeah! Thanksgiving will be done by someone else cause by Thursday I will have had it for another year. Hope you are feeling better,I sometimes need Advil after a work out from my water aerobic instructor. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #246  

Just a quickie! I will go to WW tonight. I'll let you know how I did. We went away for the weekend but I have been trying to follow plan. We'll see how well I did that. Hope you all have a great day and stick to it!! I'll write tomorrow morning. suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #247  
RAR

Good Morning Ladies hope that everyone is having a great Thursday just got in from a walk the weather is great in Ohio today so wanted to enjoy it before we get any rain up to 8 blocks which is good for me Suzq hope that you will have some good news to report after your ww meeting concerning your weight Bernice the food you cooked sounds so good hope that you enjoy!!!!!! Bonniemake sure that you take it easy this week and baby yourself a little bit!!!!!!!! have fun at the mountains this weekend I envy you!!!!!!!!!as I am sure you will hit that 18 mark soon have had good and bad days concerning the sweets but my weight gain of 3 pounds tells it all!!!!!!!! well girls have a great day miss hearing from the others ladies also hope they come back Rita
Old 09-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #248  

Hi Ladies,
Well I do have good news to report. Lost 1.4 lbs last night. Just so I lose every week, that's my new goal..I don't care if it's only .2 lbs.
You ladies seem to lead such interesting lives. Mine seem almost boring!
I must be going senile, but I can't seem to connect messages with people. I try to read them and then write, but by the time I get here, I forgot. Time for the home I'm thinking.
The weather in Wisconsin is beautiful too, almost too beautiful to be stuck at work. We had a picnic for the students and staff, so right now I'm full.
What are all your plans for the weekend? We are going to a wedding in Minnesota on Saturday coming home on Sunday. Wish we could be on the bike, but obligations, you know.
I miss some of our others too, I wonder where they are???

Take care and remember we're all
suzq
Old 09-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #249  
RAR

Good Afternoon Ladies well just woke up to some nasty weather in Ohio today so I guess I will go ride my bike when I am thru Bonnie hopeing that your weekend in the mountains will be a good one with nice weather and knowing you you have hit that 18 mark Suzq :ballons on the weight loss regardless what it is it is great have fun at the wedding hopefully it wont be rain sat as plans on going shopping with my grandaughters and hopefully getting a bike ride in with hubby so have a great friday Rita
Old 09-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #250  
RAR

HI! ladies just popped in to wish everyone a great weekend and you are enjoying yourself whatever you are doing today well complete turn around with the weatherOhio is so been outside most of the day enjoying it rode my bike with grandaughter was out of breath boy I am really in bad shape then we went to the park for a walk with the dogs so now just taking it easy Bonnie hope you hit that 18 mark and I am sure you will be eating something heavely!!!!!! having broiled fish and a baked potato,tomatoes as I really got more then I can eat so will be ating them for the next couple of daysfter giving them to neighbors still have a over abudance!!!!!! well everyone have a great day Rita
Old 09-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #251  

Hello everybody! I cannot believe (but I must!) that the last time I checked in was 11 days ago. I have been working various shifts, plus by next friday (my next day off) I will have worked 15 days straight. (ugh) I had better check in next Monday with the weight. (I haven't been drinking enough) Haven't been writing down what I eat and haven't been walking enough. Was also sick a few days. (poor me)! But life is good and will get back in the swing of things shortly! Hope everybody is good behaving themselves better than I am! Linda aka moogee
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:06 PM   #252  
RAR

HI! Ladies hope everyone is having a great Mondaystill enjoying the sun that Ohio has been having just got in from 30 minute walk it was greatwelcome back Linda I know how busy we all can get especially with work just dont forget us!!!!!!!!! well ladies enjoy your day Rita
Old 09-20-2004, 03:17 PM   #253  

Cool question about medical diet

Hello,

As I have 78 lbs to lose to my "healthy weight" (according to my BMI) I am looking to do a diet program that is doctor supervised. I live in Niagara Falls New York I know that Dr. Bernstein's diet clinic is an option, as are the various Atkins type diets. Surgery is out of the question.

Here is my question: Doctors dont seem to agree too much on what a diet should be like. The only site I have visited that compares doctor's diets is http://www.bariatricsweightloss.com/ but I am still not certain of what is the best thing to do. Can any of you guide me as to a popular, but effective long term diet solution that is medically supervised? Thanks!
mav95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #254  

Don't worry about it. As long as you buckle down now, it's not lost. Remember you can't move forward if you're always looking back.
Well, weigh in tonight at WW. I have to keep reminding myself that my goal is just to lose every week no matter how small it is. So, with that said, I hope I lose. We went to a wedding in MN this weekend, not that the wedding food was that bad, but stopped at McDonald's for lunch in the car on the way home. Oh well, what did I say about looking back????
Have a great day ladies. Beautiful weather here in WI. Went on the Harley for the afternoon yesterday. Great ride!
suzq
Old 09-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #255  
RAR

Good Afternoon Ladies hope that you are having a great Wed Mav welcome hope you post again as hopefully we can be some help to you Bonnie :frown: that you havent reached that 18 mark but I am sure you will soon just glad that you are doing things light and so far so good for you well I am at a stand still havent lost any but havent gained either did do more walking this weekend and rode my bike twice so got to keep myself thinking postive!!!!!! well girls have a great day Rita