Old 09-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #226  

Hi everyone!
Well, the bear thing sounded scary. Where do you live?? Some friends of ours who camp had one in their campground, but I don't camp and haven't seen a bear yet. Just deer and smaller animals.

I weigh in tonight, not sure how I did. I need to lose about 65-70 pounds yet. Want to do it by my birthday in May. I have been trying to be really good this week. We had cake in the office today, but I didn't have any.

WW has a new plan but I know myself and I'm sticking to the points thing. I need more structure. So, I must be and stick to the plan. I did it before and can do it again. How has all your willpower been this summer.

I wonder why we do this to ourselves?? We lose weight and then put it back on, like a vicious circle...

Found these other great things for a snack that are kinda neat. They are called 100 calorie packs. They have oreo, chips ahoy, wheat thins and I think cheese crackers. So, the little bag is 100 calories or 2 WW points and it's great for a snack and you don't have to count out a certain number of cookies. Enough to get the edge off or the off your shoulder.

Have a great "hump day" ladies. That is not a sexual remark incase some of you were wondering.

We are all suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #227  
RAR

Good Afternoon Ladies hope your wednesday is going well for you Suzq when you weigh in tonight hope tht you willhave some good news to tell us I need to get some of:9 those snacks you was talking about I saw them advertised Bonnie sorry to hear that you are under the weather again and I know once you are moving around and feeling better those 2 pounds will come off quick my goal is 140 I am up to 156 thisweek so trying to loose those 16 pounds is like loosing 50 pounds Bonnie I have had knee problems for the last few years I have to get a total just putting it off it is the calves of my legs that is giving me problems and all my jobs reguire that I am on them the whole time I work so baby them as much as possible and try not to over due it especially when I know I have to work at the hospital well the restof you ladies have a great wednesday going to ride my bike for 20 minutes(I hope I can) Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #228  

Well Bonnie, This morning was very exciting. A Mom bear and 3 adorable cubs. Must say I'm glad the dogs were not out as they would have gone after them and the outcome would not have been good. My neighbor came over yesterday and she's only lived here a year and is scared to death of all the wildlife. We have turkeys,coyote, bobcat and hawks as well as bear. We are really encroaching on their territory and I would say most of us here have learned to live with nature and appreciate it. She's ready to put a for sale sign on her house. I'm more afraid of the alligators in my backyard in Fla.
The ac crapped out and we are lucky to have a son in law in the business so he's here repairing it.
The new hurricane sounds as frightning as the first and even tho it's headed to the east coast it can change direction.
Good news with the 16 lbs, hopefully you are on the right track again.
Still not feeling great but somewhat better. Sent hubby to CVS three times to get right decongestant and cough syrup. Just like a man to not read the labels and if I took what he brought home I would have been overdosing myself. Got to go, looks like a beautiful day. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #229  

Well, I'm happy enough. I lost .4 last night. I really don't care what it is as long as I lose every week. So, thanks for all of the support. Hopefully I'm on the road to a real "losing streak" Hope all of you have a lovely day... suzq
Old 09-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #230  
RAR

GOOD afternoon ladies hope your day is going well for you Bonnie you probably did loose that pound by now knowing how hard you maintain your swelf have to have a total now on my one knee and in a few yeras another one I really think that it is how your attitude is on the road to recovery with me I am mostly scared as you know I work in a hospital so I see a lot that werent a sucess so really just scared trying to hold off until I can retire the way the hospital is right now if you are off for a peroid of three months or morethey dont hold your position on your floor so when you do come back and if there is a position open on another floor you can bid on it and since it is a small hospital not to many positions come open did have some prior surgery on it a couple of years ago at tornminincus also and arthritissooooo live with it for now Bernice hope you had a chance of taking pictures of all the wild life that you see Suzq on tht weight loss now you are on your way just keep it up what you are doing well ladies have a great day Rita
Old 09-05-2004, 08:32 AM   #231  
RAR

Good morning Ladies hope you are having a great weekendwell Friday had a fun day rode on hubby bike which I dont do to often then went to the movies had a fun time sat went horse back riding now that has been a long timemy poor horse didnt even know me now on the other hand went way over board in eating so Bonnie what you suggested was a great idea come tuesdayI am going to set a goal for Oct31 thank goodness I am going back to work tonight I guess I will just have to work the rest of my life so I wont eat as much Bonnie glad that you got some good bargains on the swim suits that is the time to do itI see that you are feeling better as you got your backwell hope the rest of you ladies are having a great weekend well hubby is at work for a couple of hours so think I will take a small walk as I have to work tonite and enjoy as today is so need to enjoy while I can Rita
Old 09-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #232  

Hello to everybody! Back from Tacoma Washington and had a wonderful time vsing my family (especially my beautiful grandaughter). Went to Mt. Ranier and just have to go back there when I have more time. What a beautiful place! I will not weigh in until next week. Has anybody heard of something called Turtle Pie? Boy! is that delicious! Ugh, out mowing the field in the backyard and of course it now looks like I could use a goat to get rid of that mess! and then theres the rain due for the next few days. Oh well. So.....congrats to all who have lost weight and those of us who are trying. Got to get ready for work. Bye Ya All............ Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #233  
RAR

HI! Ladies hope you all are having a great Monday Ohio is still so hubby our riding his bike just woke up and sure is quite(I love IT) not doing anything special as I have to work tonite and hubby went out and ate so will just eat something lite did have a roast beef on but will save it for tomorrow Linda glad you made it back safe and you enjoyed your self I see you got back in the routine real quick with cutting grass that turtle pie sounds heavely just glad that I cant get my hands on any right now well Bonnie again on that big 16 mark way to go just keep it up as you sure do inspire me well thte rest of you ladies have a great day Rita
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #234  

Hello Ladies:
This is the first time I've posted here. I've been looking for ladies in their 50's. I'm 54 and suddenly can' lose the weight like I used to! Quick question: Is there anyway I can get the most recent posts to be at the beginning instead of at the end? Thanks!
bstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:27 AM   #235  

Default Thanks, tobbacygirl!

It worked! Thanks so much!

I admire the progress you've made and your determination! I don't want or need to lose much weight...about 30lb. and at this point I'd probably be happy with 20! How much have I lost so far? Zilch...natha...a big fat 0!!!!! Ha! Ha! I've lost and gained the same 5 lb. again and again over the past couple of months! I think because I really don't need to lose much, I keep putting it off! It's sad and I'm REALLY disgusted with myself! I start off really good every day, but by the time I get off work I've fallen off the wagon! Grrrrrr. Oh well, I have no one to blame but myself! I think if I could make it through a week or two without cheating, I'd be fine.

Thanks for reponding to my post! I'll try to check in from time to time.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:19 AM   #236  
RAR

Good morning ladies and welcome b stuff like you I only have 20 pounds I need to loose but do you think I can loose it NO just at a stand still one week then yo ,yo, the next but I am blameing myself so please post back as I am sure you can motivate me Bonnie going to try the eggs this morning they sound so goooood was wondering where everyone has been also hope they return soon glad that you are feeling better and getting back in your routine just dont over do itwell wont bwe walking outside today as it is so am going to ride my bike before I go clean hope to make it 20 minutes then tonight will ride it again that is my goal for the day well ladies have a great thursday just drank my and going to before I start my day have a good one Rita
Old 09-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #237  

Well, I did something that I said I wouldn't do. I didn't go to WW yesterday. I knew I had gained a little and I chickened out. I think it was water gain because I got on scale this morning had lost most of it. I wanted so much to just lose every week. No matter how much it was I wanted to lose. Well, I had a long talk with myself and said "THAT'S IT!" No matter if I lose or gain (which is no longer going to be in my vocabulary) I will go to WW.
I feel so down today and I'll bet that's why.
You know, we never even met, but I feel like you ladies all care. Thanks.
We're all

suzq
Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #238  

Default Good Work, tobaccygirl!!!!

You inspired me! I actually had a good day today! I've been following Weight Watcher's online...when I'm being good, that is . Today I actually stuck with it. I just got home from work and still haven't cheated. I work at a junior college and we are lucky enough to be able to sign up with a personal trainer and the college pays half! I've been working out with him once a week for the past 12 weeks or so, but have to admit I haven't been doing too good on my own! Today I made it through my workout and even went to the rec center and did a half hour on the eliptical! The best part is that I'm not as famished now as I usually am after I get home! And...I'm so excited about having stuck to it today and doing the exercise that I'm MOTIVATED for a change! Also, you've "lit a fire" under me, tobaccygirl! I guess we're kind of like the alcoholics and have to take "one day at a time." I'm really going to try hard to make it though this day!
Thanks, everybody for making me feel welcome!
Old 09-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #239  
RAR

Good morning ladies well once again Bonnie, on that lossjust keep it up Suzq I am sure when you go to another meeting you will have lost something I think at times we all have to talk ourselves in to doing anything!!!!!!!!bstuff glad that you was motivated yesterday hope to day will be the same well ladies will see you monday as this is my 3 datys to work and mostly all I do is slee so have a good one Rita
Old 09-10-2004, 09:17 AM   #240  

Default Starting Again

Hi, My name is Anne. This looks like the string I'm looking for. I'm 62 and starting yet another attempt at losing weight. I find it harder and harder the older I get. It will be good to hear about the struggles of those in my age group while I attempt another try at losing weight. It seems my life revolves around food. This weekend my commitments include meeting a old friend for dinner on Friday night, getting together for dinner with a couple to celebrate their anniversary on Saturday evening, and on Sunday, my son is coming up from Georgia to Massachusetts for a brief visit and wants to take my husband and I out for brunch. It appears I picked a great week to start my diet. But I'm up for the challenge. I look forward to reading your posts.
aford is offline   Reply With Quote