Old 08-26-2004, 03:05 PM   #211  

Hi Bonnie, We do 45 minutes of cardio exercises that are jumping,leaping arm moving and constant motion to music of the fifties. It's nonstop and then we cool down with stretching or use the noodle or dumbbelles to do crunching and bicycles and such. I do enjoy it and the class var
ies as we buy a flex pass which allows us to come to any class we want when we want. I try to go three times a week. I like the instructor and she keeps us moving. It's definitely not an arhtritis class. I'm trying to motivate myself to walk when I don't have class but so far haven't done it. The chubby dog is a teacup poodle named Kasha. I have 3 other pups. Two maltese and another toy poodle. Because they are house dogs and actually only go out to do their business no one here is used to going for a walk. The few times we attempted it I landed up carrying my walking partner home. Even tho they don't weigh much it still not easy to carry them and me.
I don't have tme to chat this week either but perhaps we can do it next week.
The grandson showed up for lunch today as he saw his pediatrician in our town today. This is why I don't want to move permanently to Fla, I love them popping in every couple of days and seeing him so often. I think we will get a video cam for the computer we are buying so we can see each other when we go south. I don't know how it works but we will look into it. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #212  

I could try the chat, I don't think I'm fast enough! Well, I got away from work for a couple minutes and weighed in. I lost 1 pound.
We are all so tired here after working 12 + hours every day this week, we're gettting a little giddy Well, at least tomorrow is a regular 8 hour day. This weekend I'm taking it easy! The only thing we have going on is a couple over for dinner and cards. Have to think of something easy (but good) to make. Any ideas?

How has everyone's day been so far? Hang in there everyone! I think we're all suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #213  

I'm an administrative assistant (office manager) at a Tech College. Last week was book sale week and this week is the first week of classes. So, we basically do everything here, register, bursar, sell books, schedule appointments for the counselor, budget stuff. You get the picture. I tell you, at 52, I'm getting a little more tired than I used to. But, the overtime is great. My coworkers are terrific (except for one, isn't there always one???), the pay is good, my usual hours are 7:30-4:00 Mon-Fri., the insurance is superb. Sometimes I would rather be home, sitting by the pond, reading a book or whatever, but I think the work keeps my mind going strong. Too bad you had to quit work for a health reason and not because you really wanted to. Well, hang in there. I am.....only 1 hour and 45 minutes to go.. I'm counting! suzq
Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 AM   #214  
RAR

Good morning ladies!!!!!!!! hopeing your Friday will be a good one Yes SuzqI agreewith you those 12 hrs are hard probably with both of my jobs togther at cleaning a office building 3 to 4 hrs monday thru friday and then working nights at the hospital as a aide I put in quite a few 12 hrs a week but today it will be 16 as I have to work 12 at the hospital at times would like to be sitting and reading but I think keeping busy keeps me moving Bernice sure founds like fun your water class the dr wanted me to join for arthritis who knows maybe when I retire and get unafraid of water gives me a couple of yers to work on ithey Suzq on the weight loss way to go!!!!!!!!!well ladies drank my so better get moving as it isy long day so everyone have a great weekend will check in on monday as I work all weekend and will sleep most of my days away Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #215  

Good afternoon ladies
Hope this Friday is treating you well. It's hot and humid here right now, but it's supposed to drop like 20 degrees by tonight. Weather in Wisconsin, just wait 5 minutes and it changes. I didn't see a cold one in the smilies..

I am trying to be good , food wise , but it sure is hard when you're really tired. I could just put my head on my desk and fall asleep. Oh for kindergarten!!!

Now, I only have 2 1/2 hours until freedom. This week has been a bear!

Everyone do good this weekend, drink your water and and we'll all have a good

Here's to the suzq
Old 08-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #216  

to soready, im 59 and also need a diet buddy. i have 70 lbs. to lose. i am ready to do it this time. fayette.
fayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #217  

Hello Everyone. Well.........GOOD NEWS! I have lost a total of 14 lbs since the start of my wellness project on July 4th. So, I am pleased with that. I will admit that the loss of weight is good of course but it is also just the idea of trying to take better care of myself. Feel stronger from all the walking. Now... if I hadn't eaten that whole jar of peanut butter in 24 hrs it would probably be more! Back on the wagon again tommorrow. I think thats the secret isn't it? When we "blow it" just to get over it and start again? Will check back in before I leave for Washington State to vs my family. (daughter-son in law & of course my beautiful grandaughter! (she will be 2 Dec 30).
So... Bonnie, Liz Jean Rita and everyone...Thank you for your support. Hope everyones troubles are little ones. Til later..............Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #218  

Jeez! I missed the whole page above! Rita! Good grief you work hard! Those hours are tough. I just started my second job today but the hours aren't like that. Take care of yourself! Fayette! welcome to the group! We are all in this together. (PS. you can all see I am not the most computer literate person, since I missed this whole page. But would be happy to try a live chat (whatever that is!) Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #219  

Talking

Way to go Linda, WHOO HOO! 14 lbs gone- You and Bonnie seem to be the most motivated. Good Going.
Fayette-Welcome to our group, hope Linda and Bonnie's accomplishment gives you faith that you can do it too. It's very inspiring.
Babysitting for my kid's dogs this week-end so 3 plus my four means I have 7 dogs in the house. The hardest part is counting them to see if I bring in the same 7 I let out to go do their business and meals are a real joke here as 3 get special medication and every one is on a special vet diet food. America is a great country when you think about how much time and care and money we spend on our pets. Makes you wonder if we have gone to the dogs.
Have a great week-end everyone. Bernice
Old 08-28-2004, 12:31 PM   #220  
RAR

Good afternoon ladies hope your saturday is a good one woke up to a cloudy day but at least it isnt raining yet!!!!! WelcomeLayette, glad you came aboard hope we can be help to you as I am sure you will be to us Lindaway to go you and Bonnie are in that mark together so come on girlsthe rest of us have some catching up to do!!! Bonnie glad you did get a walk in hope your knee is feeling better that is why I dont walk too far especially when I have to work as it can really bother mine Bernice I see you got the fun job of babysitting again well the highest I have was 5 at one timethank goodness no medsnd same diet!!Linda yes my hours are krazy but you got to do what you got to doas my hospital job isnt 80 hrs my cleaning job isnt 80 hrs so thatis why I work so many and you are not computer literate I think I take that one I am learning and you ladies are so good at it as none of my jobs require any computerso had to learn all this at 55 and you know when you reach that age it takes awhile Suzq hope that you are having a day of relaxitation as Monday will be here before you know it so enjoy the weekend well ladies you all have a great day Rita
Old 08-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #221  

Smile Another senior in need of support

I'm new to the site, just joined last night. My daughter has been telling me about it and so far I find it quite interesting. As a 60 year old 'grammy' I thought I was doing OK. Recently moved which caused lots of eating out while settling in. I too have that pair of size 10 jeans I would love to wear again. My doc is getting me 'sorted out' by putting me on the 'bio identical hormone replacement therapy' and through all the blood work we discovered I am at 'extreme risk' for stroke. Doc said take off the weight and get the cholostrol down...now! I started the So Beach diet Aug 7th and todate have lost 11 pounds. The new meds and better eating has helped me feel much better. I even sleep through the night now where for years if something/anything wakes me even after 30 min of sleep, I am up for the night. Just this wk I have started using an alarm clock due to good sleep. It feels great to feel good.

My reason for the msg is that constantly watching what you eat can get boring. I've been able to stick real close and am determined due to not wanting to stroke out. I know that I will need support as days and wks go by and just wanted to start chatting with others my age for the needed encouragement.

I've found that if I only buy the groceries that I am allowed it really helps. Having the 'bad stuff' in the house could be a down fall. At this point I am not thinking of cheating but it's the nature of the diet beast. I keep 'no sugar added' fudge bars in the freezer and the jello brand, no sugar pudding that you cook, in the cupboard for those 'I need something sweet days'...they have helped a lot. My daughter is watching her weight as well so that really help for family gatherings and I cook what daughter and I are allowed with some side dishes that only the others can eat. Last wk I cooked a turkey, good for all of us, the mashed potatoes and rolls were for the non dieters but also had a great green salad and fresh asperagus..and the cooked choc no sugar pudding (w/cookies for the non dieters). so we were all happy. Some days are easier than others but something I've seen you type more than once was "I've already blown it today so will start again tomorrow" I would definitely start at the next meal rather than eat the next meal with the thought you already blew the day so what the heck. If you fall down, get up and start again from there. Hope that didn't sound condescending, just a suggestion that works for me

It's tough, BUT, if you stop and think that your very life and health could depend on what you put in your mouth it really helps me stay on track.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts and wish us all the success we want and deserve.

Leigh
Oregon Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #222  

Default Thanks for the welcome to your forum

Hey tobaccygirl, thanks for the welcome, I can really see that having a site to check in on will be a big help. I'm doing OK now staying on the SBD program but I know the day will come when willpower is weakening and that's where you girls will be such a big help.

I'm still unpacking this house so better get back to it. Did lots of walking today and will work in daughter's yard tomorrow so the fact that I didn't get to the gym as many days as I wanted to this wk will be not a total loss.

Thx again, Leigh
Oregon Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #223  
RAR

Good Afternoon ladies hope that all is going well for your monday just got up after working nights all weekend as my sleep caught up with me at least I feel rested Bonnie hope you leg is feeling much better I think you must of oassed it to me besides my bad knee now the back of my calves are kiling me guess I am getting old as all I do is complain anymoreLeigh sounds like you are on your way to loosing with the diet that you are on makes so much sense inbuying the food the way you do also I think it helps if you have someone inte house to diet with hope you keep it up wellladies going to do a few things around the house that I didnt do all weekend diddnt stick to my die at all as was really stressed out from work and over it gained a couple of pounds so hopeing to jump back on the wagon as I ate the last candy bar that I had so you all have a great Monday Rita
Old 08-30-2004, 09:08 PM   #224  

Hi Every one, Well the guest pups went home and we are back to normal. When my daughter went back to her car in my driveway the was a big bear standing in front of the car. He just had ripped open the Rubbermaid enclosure we have to store garbage and helped himself to a bag. Now I'm scared to walk out and walk the girls. I've always known they are out there but haven't seen any this summer.
Getting sick as my ears and throat hurt. Stuffy nose. Guess I'm getting a cold and it's not even winter yet. So I didn't go to water aerobics today, it's so hot and humid here.
Yesterday my son's girlfriend gave me a big box of Lady Godiva chocolate to say thank you for taking care of her dog. You might say we have all been bingeing on it. YUM YUM- Got to find something to watch besides the RNC cause I can't stand one more minute of campaigning from either side. Good nite all. Bernice
Old 08-31-2004, 08:10 AM   #225  
RAR

GOOD MORNING LADIES hopeing that tuesday will be a great day for you up early as I caught up on all my sleep and feel good for a change except my knee and leg but got to go on just got in from a 4 block walk with my dog who loves to go boy if she could only talk and get me motivated to walk more with her well Bernice hope it will be peace and quite for you for awhile that is really scarey about the bear you know when you hear about them and then when it happens to you that is another story right? just glad that nothing happened to anyone or the pets just be careful hen you do go out sorry that you are under the weather hope you will feel better soon well ladies drank my and going to take a shower and face the world today going to try and be better with my diet just got to stick with it Rita