Old 08-07-2004, 07:19 PM   #181  

Thumbs down

Go0d for you Bonnie, you really have your stuff together. Back from Fla where I was -____BAD BAD BAD____ Will try to get it together and start again cause I really don't like what I see.
The situation with the elderly aunt was worse than we thought and the confusion and the personality changes we experienced were really scary. We are trying to bring her up North but have to wait till a bed becomes available.
I know the joy of having the grandkid around. Ours just had an overnite visit and he is almost three and so cute. He would be perfect if only he was toilet trained. It's exhausting but so rewarding. Don't know how older Moms do it. Glad I had my kids in my 20's. Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #182  
RAR

HI! Ladies welcome back Bernice sorry to here about the aunt situation just hope it all works out in the best interest for her I got to spend some time this weekend with my pldest one who is 14 really enjoyed it as I dont see her as much really glad that they all are toilted trained by now as I dont know if I would have the patience and thank goodness mine are growed up havent been in the pool much as the weather is really cool in the evening and that is my free time well hopefully the other ladies will be posting soon so everyone have a great evening Rita;dance:
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #183  

Hello Ladies! Here I am with my walking feet and YES! Bonnie this past weekend was just so gorgeous! This is why I moved here. Everyone sounds as if they are not getting discouraged (quick review of the previous notes) I will admit ladies that I blew it too. After a month of no cheating... Well... yesterday I did big time. (started with a mounds bar)! But! back on track today. All of your notes are helpful. Bernice, Alzheimers is a nightmare. Not much people can say that can possibly begin to emphathize enough. Please take care of yourself too! Will try to write more often. Going on the treadmill NOW! Linda
Moogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #184  
RAR

G ood Morning Ladies hope you are having a great Tuesday well woke up to some sun so lets hope it stays that way as they are saying well Bonnie hope you had fun at the zoo and still great that you are maintaining your weight Linda hope you got your walking in and the treadmill you sound so energized!!!!!!! well the rest of you ladies have a great day Rita
Old 08-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #185  

Boy do I need the willpower vibes. I just don't understand what happens to me. I lost the vacation weight but by two days later my scale is saying I actually gained a pound. Now I weigh in tonight and I was seriously debating whether to go or not. But I have been encouraging a fellow WW to go in no matter what or she'll have trouble going back.. She went in and gained 7 lbs after missing two weeks. So, what kind of example would I set if I didn't go tonight? Just a discouraging day. My oldest granddaughter had her tonsils and adenoids out this morning (she's fine), my middle daughter's divorce is final today, my son is feeling down and my husband is still in Sturgis. I guess I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. I don't even feel like looking through the smilies to put in my message.
Well, on one bright note, I have been down on the treadmill for at least 25 minutes for the last three mornings at 5:30 am!
I wish you could buy willpower in a bottle!
Anyway, enough of my pity party. Hope all of you are on track and filled with willpower. suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #186  

To all you wonderful ladies!! Thank you for sharing.This weight loss thing sure isn't easy is it? It does my middle aged heart good to read how we all struggle with this. Today (it must be in the air) was a blah day for me too. Just didn't want to do anything. Felt overwhelmed by life and responsibilities in general. BUT! tommorrow is another day. We all must "pick ourselves up" and get back in a positive mindset. All of us are entitled to a "self pity day" I would bet that most of us have worked hard all our lives.......so! Lets keep trying!!! and why??? BECAUSE WE DESERVE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES!!! It surely is about time!!!! Linda
Old 08-12-2004, 10:57 AM   #187  

I went last night and got weighed in. I had gained 1.8. Actually, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I struggled until the last minute on whether or not to go. I'm glad I did in more ways than one. There was a lady there that had made her goal and was now one of the weighers. I congratulated her on her accomplishment and she said that there was one person she had to give some of the credit to and that was me. I was so surprised. She said when she first came I befriended her and sat next to her at every meeting. That really helped her. I thought after she said that, that if I can do that for someone else, I could do it for myself. So, I went home feeling better. I went back on the treadmill this morning (at 5:30 ) so, that makes 4 days in a row. I'm happy about that. Tomorrow is the Relay for Life walk and I plan to walk in that. My granddaughter's surgery went well and I even talked to her on the phone yesterday. My son is feeling better and my daughter had a hard day yesterday but she made it through. Hopefully, my husband will come home a day early and has had safe riding so far. So, for today, all is right with the world. Of course it's only 10 am here! So, I'll check back in in a couple hours. Hopefully, you'll all have time to post. Have a great day. suzq
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 PM   #188  
RAR

Good Afternoon Ladies well this week has seem to hit us the wrong way in one way or another so hopeing that by now everyone is starting to recover from it all and putting it behind ya well that is what I am going to try and do havent even weighed myself as the last 2 days been on a choclate kick and just got plain lazy on doing anything so hopefully those hopeless feeling go away soon Bonnie cant imagine walking that much in a day !!!!!!!!hope you had fun with your grandaughter sounds like you did got to live it up once in a while and by now I am sure you hit the 13 mark well ladies hope you are having a great day got to get supper started
Old 08-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #189  

Hi Everyone, Well my son was also in Sturgis but he called tonite and is now in Minnesota. They started their trip by flying to San Francisco and having the motorcycles shipped out. He is with 5 other guys and they are touring the USA in 17 days. He actually should be home by Sunday and I can't wait. I have been a basketcase even tho I know how badly he wanted to go on this trip. Needless to say the diet has gone to the dogs.
The weather here is awful. Lots of rain, thunder and lightning.
Have to straigten out house as Hurricane Eric (the grandkid )will be here tomorrow for a sleepover. Always fun but exhausting. My daughter will miss us when we go back to Fla.
How did ya like the news of our Govenor resigning because he's gay. He sure dropped a bombshell. I think there is more to this than that issue. He's been plagued by scandal.
Hope everyone is getting back on track,I will try again tomorrow. Bernice
Old 08-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #190  
RAR

GOOD Morning Ladies just wanted to pop in and say HI! and wish everyone a great dayup early so want to get started eary as I have to put in 12 hrs Bonnie congrats on the wight loss hey Friday the 13 was good to you:LOL: so keep going and you will hit that mark that you want to loose in no time my grandson is into Harry Potter never seen any of the movies yet well drank my so better get going sure hope that none of you ladies are near the nasty weather in Flordia!!!!! Rita
Old 08-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #191  
RAR

HEY Everyone hope you are enjoying your saturday!!!!!!well it is cool here but at least no rain cant believe all that damage that was done in Flordia just hope no one was hurt!!!!!!well going to take a walk today even if it is a small one as have to save my feet for tonight at work:LOL: well Bonnie what adventure have you planned for this weekend? and especially the food that you are planning to eat? just hope you have a great time in what ever sure hope Bernice is OKand will post and let us know Linda, and Suzq hope things are going well for you and you are having a fun weekend Rita
Old 08-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #192  

Hello there Ladies. I didn't realize that I haven't checked in that much the last few days. Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss. I guess I should weigh in tommorrow (Monday). Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill today. I know that doesn't sound like much but it has the optional incline and I was using that. Also have to go to work tonight too. Hopefully I won't get stuck having to stay extra hours. I envy everyone spending time with their grandchildren. I have my little Rileys pix taped to the top of my treadmill. What a wonderful motivator! We were blessed with little hurricane damage here. My heart goes out to those in Florida. Will let everybody know tommorrow how the weigh in goes. Haven't been writing down the points as I should. (oops!) so don't expect good news. Linda
Old 08-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #193  

Just awful what has occurred in Fla. Punta Gorda is not far from where we have our home. The only damage my neighbor reports was to our lanai screens. Three are flapping and one blew out. Big deal! Some of those poor people lost everything and some even theirr lives. My neighbor said it was very frightening experience.
Still raining in NJ and my son is on the last leg of his 17 day journey on the motorcycle, Can't wait for him to get home safe and sound. Maybe then with my stress level reduced I can earnestly start a real diet. Bernice
Old 08-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #194  

Hello to Rita, Jean Bonnie Liz, Bernice and anyone else on our page here. Well, much to my suprise I lost 2 lbs. Still can't figure that one out. Mowed wet grass yesterday (ugh). Hurricanes and tropical storms are still new to this yankee. I count my blessings believe me! At least you can shovel snow. Not much you can do about water and wind. Well.... going walking outside today in the fog. Bonnie, thats wonderful about the weight loss! Bernice, I envy your son! what an adventure. A once in a lifetime event. I must admit I would be a basket case too! Have a good day everybody. Linda
Old 08-17-2004, 08:40 AM   #195  
RAR

Good Morning Ladies hope you are having a great tuesday well the :sun: is out in Ohio today and that always brightens my day and hopefully will get me motivated had yesterday off from work and slept most of the day then got up and didnt do anything around the house so have to do a double load today boy I can tell that I am getting old as I just dont bounce back from working nights like I use tofrown well Linda on that weight loss way to go hope that you keep it up so keep doing what you are doing Bernice I was worried that you was in Flordia and so glad that that you didnt get much damage to your house!!!!! sure hope Bonnie is enjoying her trip in taking her gd back home I am sure wants she gets back and on line she will have some interesting things to tell us well got to get moving so you kadies have a great dayRita