Old 06-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR
Rita 56 years old workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me have 4 kids all out 7 grandkids3 cats 3 dogs so plenty busy taking care of all that LOL
Hi I am Jean 62-live in Ontario Canada - 3 sons one passed away Oct /02 4 grandkids I look after a 29 unit appartment building been up and down with my weight at one time I was 210 now I am 174 taking a long time but getting there and I have a wonderful husband for 42 years thats my story and I am sticking to it Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:24 AM   #62  

Good morning all!

Well! A good week for me... weigh-in this morning, 210, down from 213 last week.

Kriseliz's Journal

Sun, Rita? What's that? LOL. It has rained and rained and rained down here... the ground is all so supersaturated that the water just pools on top. The yard squishes like a swamp. Yuck.

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, Bernice!

And here's our senior class summary, in alphabetical order:

Bernice (soready): 61 years old (can't believe it myself), married almost 41 years, 3 kids, one wonderful grandson and four toy dogs, Muffin, Misty, Kasha and Pitzi. I live in NJ and we just spent our first winter in Fla.
Jean (grandma57): 62- live in Ontario Canada- 3 sons one passed away Oct /02- 4 grandkids. I look after a 29 unit apartment building. Been up and down with my weight, at one time I was 210 now I am 174, taking a long time but getting there. And I have a wonderful husband for 42 years.
Kriseliz (kriseliz): on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline.
Rita (RAR): in Ohio, 56 years old, workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me, have 4 kids all out, 7 grandkids 3 cats 3 dogs, so plenty busy taking care of all that.
Suz (suzq55): on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group.

Everyone have a wonderful healthful happy Sunday! ~Kriseliz
kriseliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #63  
RAR

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!! Kris thank you for arranging the posts on us as it sure does help all in order and congrats on the loss a big hug you deserve well since I had Saturday off did the town went out to eat had a salad large one but when I went to the show blew it just had to have some pop corn and a large one will try to do better today as I am haveing a cook out for my oldest daughter graduation as she got a degree and for her hubby now he is offically a plumber!!!!!!!(good for me) then tomorrow going to hubby doing which is a buffet style so I really have to be strong I figure I will just eat half of whtat I get I know I sure will have to work hard at loosing those 2 pounds this week after all that LOL Jean I lost my oldest daughter in Nov of 92 sad year for both of us!!!!!!!!!Bernice hope you had success of the weight lossansd stil feeling better over the med changeSuz glad to have you in our groupand as of right now you are the baby in age!!!!!!well everyone else have a wonderful sunday Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #64  

Kriseliz, thanks for putting all that in order. My computer skills are minimum and I can barely navigate around any website. Well, Have to report I blew it. Had a 4AM transgression. Couldn't sleep sooo headed for the fridge and had peanut butter and jelly. They say confession is good for the soul so there it is. I'm not going to beat myself up but I'm being extra careful today. Took one of the pups and we took a walk. Weather here is gorgeous almost feels fall like. We deserve it since the past few days have been rainy gray and just yucky. Should be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow. Almost don't want to know. Interesting article in our local paper today about the carb craze going on in the supermarket with all those suddenly healthy new revamped foods. It's buyer beware because not only are they expensive they are loaded with extra fat and because calories count alot of them are very high so one may not lose as much as they think except in the pocketbook. At my age I've come to realize it's not what you eat but how much-portion control and everything in moderation. Sounds simple doesn't it. How come it's not? Bernice
soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #65  

Hey, Bonniebroad, come on in! We'd love to have you. Are you on any special program? ~Kriseliz
Old 06-27-2004, 09:25 PM   #66  

Hi Bonnie, Jump right in, you certainly qualify age wise and have the desire to lose weight. Collectively perhaps we can inspire each other and stick to a program of our choice. As you can see we all just did a brief bio on ourselves. Please feel free to add yours.
Rita @ Jean-Sorry for the loss of your children. 1992 was some year. I narrowly lost my eldest daughter and we went thru 3 months of ****, however the outcome was good and she survived. Again, my condolences.
Just came back from dinner and I was good, had a chopped salad and veal scallopinni. They gave two big slices and I took one home with all the mashed potatoes. Guess that's hubby's lunch tomorrow.
How many hours till I get on the scale? 11 I think. Bernice
Old 06-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #67  

Default 60 ish group

Hi Girls I just noticed this post. I have been on WW several times and years. I have been coming to this site on and off for a while .I was visiting another site but don't seem to ge getting much out of reading it any more.
2 years ago I lost 70 lbs gained back 40 and now back on WW and meetings.I have lost about 9 lbs in 5 weeks so it is slow going.
I would like to join your little group.
I'm 60 will be 61 in Aug. and live near Pittsburgh PA.
I grew up in Iowa and Hubby is from MD. and he was in the navy for 28 years. I was a hairstylist for 35 haven';t worked since 97 .
Hope to learn you all soon
Dawn

Last edited by loser43; 06-28-2004 at 01:04 AM.
loser43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #68  

Hi to Bonniebroad & loser43 welcome
well you have come to the right place we are all in the same Boat
I been up and down yo yo dieting all my life but bean very good since Jan I am losing slowly but get there
I do a lot of walking try to get 3 miles a day I weight in on Fri and Monday and do a lot of praying in between . I did ww along time a go and got to my goal but slowly put it back on right now I am doing about 1200 cal 14 cal seam to be working I try to stick to 2 milk 2 bread 3 fruit veggies fish and alot of chicken red meat 2 times a week so on and so on well thats it for to night Jean
Old 06-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #69  

Good morning, Rita, Bernice, Jean, Suzi, Bonnie, and Dawn! Wow, the senior class is growing! Pretty soon we're going to have to start a "club" down there in the "Groups" section of the boards, with all those 20-somethings and 30-somethings.

I had a good day yesterday, although a little low in fat, even for me:

Kriseliz's Journal

As I mention in my journal, I have magically doubled the size of my lake, so that it now takes 50 strokes to get across and 50 to get back, for a total of a hundred. (Bonnie and Dawn, this is my game with my husband's rowing machine... I pretend I'm rowing across a pretty little lake). Going to try to row across and back twice a day, every day this week.

Rita, congratulations on your daughter's graduation. How did you do with your "eat half of everything" plan at the buffet?

LOL Bernice, counting down the hours to the scale! Let us know what the results were. And I totally agree that most of the new "low-carb" foods are just ways to squeeze more money out of unwary consumers.

Jean, your plan sounds very healthy, good whole food, enjoyable exercise, and a slow loss is the way to go, I think!

Nice to "meet" you, Bonnie and Dawn, and I look forward to hearing more about your plans and successes.

Everybody have a great day! ~Kriseliz
Old 06-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #70  

Another quick reply. Thanks for the organization Kriseliz.. Now we need to add bonniebroad and loser 43... Glad to have everyone. We're all in the same boat! Good luck on all our weight LOSSES this week!

Will have more time tomorrow to reread everyone's post for today and write something more. suz
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #71  

Good morning, hard-working healthy-eating senior chicks!

Kriseliz's Journal

Another pretty good day yesterday, although no rowing. Husband home from his trip tonight, so it's back to the restaurant wars tomorrow.

Here's our updated list:

Bernice (soready): 61 years old (can't believe it myself), married almost 41 years, 3 kids, one wonderful grandson and four toy dogs, Muffin, Misty, Kasha and Pitzi. I live in NJ and we just spent our first winter in Fla.
Bonnie (bonniebroad): just turned 60, retired admin. asst., one son, one granddaughter, married 40 years, live in Central N.C. Have dieted on and off since high school, hitting the size 16 and up range in my thirties. Am very knowledgeable about nutrition if I'd just do it. Am doing my own version of Weight Watchers (sort of), limiting calories to 1400 and walking every day.
Dawn (loser43): I'm 60 will be 61 in Aug. and live near Pittsburgh PA. I grew up in Iowa and Hubby is from MD. and he was in the navy for 28 years. I was a hairstylist for 35 haven't worked since 97. Two years ago I lost 70 lbs gained back 40 and now back on WW and meetings.
Jean (grandma57): 62- live in Ontario Canada- 3 sons one passed away Oct /02- 4 grandkids. I look after a 29 unit apartment building. Been up and down with my weight, at one time I was 210 now I am 174, taking a long time but getting there. And I have a wonderful husband for 42 years.
Kriseliz (kriseliz): on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline.
Rita (RAR): in Ohio, 56 years old, workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me, have 4 kids all out, 7 grandkids 3 cats 3 dogs, so plenty busy taking care of all that.
Suz (suzq55): on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group.

Seven of us now. Have a happy healthy day! ~Kriseliz
Old 06-29-2004, 09:58 AM   #72  

Wooooo hooo! Congratulations, Bonnie! ~Kriseliz
Old 06-29-2004, 11:50 AM   #73  

Good morning ladies..
Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss My weigh in is tomorrow. How come you always get the munchies the day before or the day of a weigh in? Took a walk with a coworker today on break and didn't want to come back.. Absolutely perfect summer weather. Made some popcorn to stay out of the candy machine. Thankfully, lunch is in another hour! Have a great day. I'll check in before I leave today. suz
suzq55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:04 PM   #74  

Thumbs up

Hi Ladies, Welcome Bonnie and Dawn. This is awesome. When I first posted for a buddy I never dreamt it would this would grow like it has. I'm delighted to have all these new friends and I'm sure Rita who was the first to respond to my plea feels the same way.
Well,the saga of the scale, believe it or not nothing changed and I don't understand it as portions are small, I'm walking and I've cut carbs to the bone. I refuse to get discouraged.
Anyway, I've had a lifetime of dieting starting in my teen years when I was offered a sweet 16 birthday party or a diet doctor. Some choice! Took the Dr and was put om anphetermines and lost30 lbs. was 156 and went to 123. As years went by and pregnancies ensued I gained weight. Also first year of marriage gained 80 lbs. It seems every decade I lose 100 lbs only to gain it back. I've done WW diet control, worked for Nutrisystem (never touched their food) did optifast, tenuate, you name it, I'vedone it. I lost
weight two years ago just by cutting back and went from 226 to 145 and it just stAlled there and I went back up to 206. I am now 195 and would like to be at goal by Dec but at this rate I don't know if I'll make it. But I qon't give up cause I have you girls to rah rah me on. And I need all of you. Thanks for being there. Bernice
Old 06-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #75  

Hi to every one congratulations Bonnie you did good now we say you are a loser LOL good for you well I stayed the same may be by FRI I would like to have a lb off I lost only 13 lbs from Jan/04 but I think more inches well got to go now take care Jean