Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #91  
It is what it is...

Susie - I want to personally thank you for doing that...I have a dear friend who is 34 and having both breasts removed this Monday due to her breast cancer...she has 4 yr old twin boys and a one year old...but she is doing well....just got done with chemo, going to have the surgery and then radiation after. She is staying positive and I pray for her daily. She is "fighting like a girl..."

I didn’t have a good day yesterday...but today is a new day...you gotta go on in life ...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - That does sound like a fun day, and a wonderful way to raise money - you are so right they are making great strides and with financial support they can get all the way to a cure, I have no doubt! Glad to hear your water heater is fixed but sorry to hear about the repair cost! Everything is just so darn expensive - but I guess it's worth it for hot water.

Carri - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - I will be praying for her safe recovery and to be cancer free soon! I can't imagine what she's going through.

Well ladies today is a special day for me, it is my one-year anniversary since I started this journey...this particular journey of course since I've lost weight in the past....but this is the farthest I've ever come. All the way to goal! So one year, and 100 pounds. Almost exactly - I was at 133 two days ago, but today I'm at 133.4...but I'm fudging it and saying it's 1 year and 100 pounds, haha. Anyways I feel very good today!

Last edited by sept15lija; 06-22-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #93  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I'm going nuts this week, so busy. Final party for my writing group last night, an hour's drive away. Monday night a three-hour practice a 45-minute drive away and the same again tonight. Tuesday night I had DGS for a sleepover. And then there's practicing at home. And a full-time job.

Next weekend we're in practice at the same location all day on Saturday and from 1 p.m. on Sunday for a 7:30 performance. Maybe I should think twice about doing this again next year.

Liz, that is just fantastic! You're our rock star, no question.

Gotta

Be good, everyone!

Last edited by Arabella; 06-23-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #94  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls....

Liz - that is absolutely unbelievable !!! You have done SO great...I cant wait to be able to stay the same...now you know we are going to be watching you very carefully on your maintaining, haha

Arabella - wow busy week ...I have had one of those too, looking forward to doing nothing this weekend, gonna be another beautiful one here with great temps and sun.

HI to everyone else !!!

I am still chugging along...dont know if I will weigh in tomorrow or not, I seem to have my good losses over the weekend...Friday weigh in's normally dont go well for me, so think I am going to start weighing in on Monday mornings.

Hope you all have a great day !!

Carri
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Cari: I think if you have better weigh-ins on after the weekend then you should change to them. It will help you so much more mentally to keep in this game. You are doing well, keep it up so you will be down on those scales!
Also, thank you for telling me about your friend who has been dealing with breast cancer. When I hear stories like that I want to continue all I can do to fight and find a cure for this cancer. I have personally sat with 3 friends and my sister-in-law who all have had it through chemo, radiation and surgeries. I am happy to say that they are all survivors and they are "fighting like a girl" to every day to remain cancer free! Give my best to your friend and let her know there is someone out there, praying for her and cheering her on.

Liz: WOW!!!! I read your post and shouted out loud! My DH asked me what I was doing! lol..I told him and he just smiled--I tell all about you girls and your success all the time.

Arabella: You have been very busy! I hope you have been abe to get your hot yoga in as I know it makes you feel really good.

I am happy to report at 2.75 lb loss at TOPS last night. Feeling good about that and ready to do it again this week. I had the program last night and I shared some ideas that I found on the internet about how to stay motivated week after week and how to stay that way when the scales don't move.

Everyone have a good day. I'm off to work. Had a plumbing issue yesterday...tree roots in the main drain....plumber came back and I gave him another $150 dollars...so I think and hope and pray I'm good in the "water" department now. I told my hubby I was going to take long hot showers this weekend so I can enjoy how I spent close to $1,000 this week...and he reminded me that I don't need a high water bill--I call him a "joy killer"!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #96  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, not having a good day, found out this morning that someone has fraudulently trying to take $$ out of our chking acct ....it is a big mess and I have to go and file a police report on my lunch hour...ughhh ...so not much to say today, just very stressed out ...hope you all have a better day than I am having.
Carri
Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #97  

Carri - Oh how terrible!! I hope it gets straightened out really quickly, how stressful. :hugs:

Susie - LOL about you shouting...I tell my DH about you guys all the time too. Congrats on your awesome loss!!!

Arabella - Wow you do sound very busy!! Hope you get some relaxation time in there!

Anyways date night tonight with DH - talk to you guys tomorrow most likely!

Mel - Hope you're doing well!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #98  

Carri-I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this issue. I sure hope you get it resolved quickly--very stressful indeed!

Liz: How was date night?

It's been a busy weekend and I have been home for most of it; I wanted to get more done but a headache this afternoon derailed me. That headache is right on time as it has been since October--I am for sure that it is hormonal for sure. I can pin it to the day 9-13 day of the month and then again from the 22-28 day of the month. This headache has a "feel" to it that is different from other headaches. For sure I will be talking to my gyn about it.

I haven't been tracking my food this weekend; I'm going to get out my food journal and try to get something down since Friday night so I know where I'm at.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #99  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone...well I filed a police report for my credit card fraud and also got the credit back from my bank today, so I am feeling better about that...also ( for those of you not on facebook with me ) I GOT A NEW CAR ON SATURDAY !!!!! It is a 2011 Mazda 3 , four door, red ...I absolutely love it ... ... I hated to add the monthly payment but I got a good deal on it and the payment is only 279 a month ....so I feel okay about that ...and it only raised my car ins 18 a month ....so that brightened up my dreary weekend....

I also got on the scale yesterday and saw 219.8 ...so I am back in the teens, just barely, but I am there !!!

Hi to everybody, have a great Monday !!!

Carri
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #100  

Carri--a new car! how exciting, congratulations. and congrats on getting back into the teens.

My headache is finally gone and so I'm back on the wagon today; I've been off it since Saturday night. I have a healthy lunch packed and I'm meeting a friend to go walking tonight. I just hope to stay the same at TOPS this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #101  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...not much going on here this morning, just got out of a morning meeting so am on my break and thought I would stop in ...still going good and staying OP, hope to have a couple of pounds off by next Mondays weigh in

Susie - glad the headache went away...hate those things...thankfully i dont get them very often. Thanks for hte congrats on the new car, I LOVE it !!!

Cant wait for the three day weekend upcoming ...so need a little more time off than the normal weekend, haha ...hope you all have a great day, hi to everyone !!

Carri
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #102  

Carri - Well I said it on facebook but congrats on the car!! That sounds like a reasonable payment to me! And yay on being in the 2-teens!!!!

Susie - Glad you're feeling better and good luck at TOPS!

As for me, doing OK...apparently things are coming to a head at work and we should have some kind of announcement today....we'll see! I was visiting a customer this morning (a new customer) and we were talking about our kids, he said "Wow a 3 year old, a 1 year old and you work full time? No wonder you're so slim"...I just had to laugh. But it was nice. Long weekend this weekend for us too - Canada Day is on Friday - we're going downtown to a strawberry social they have every year, then having a bbq. Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #103  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...hope everyone is having a good day so far ...I am ...did anyone watch the Extreme Makeover Weight Loss edition for this last Monday? This woman weighed in at 233 and lost 202 pds in one year ...it was impressive....she did have to good and bad times but she stuck with it...love to watch those kind of shows...Big Brother starts on 7/7 ...I watch that every summer on cbs...doesnt seem like Summer to me until that show starts...haha

Liz - so did you get the big work announcement? Hope it all works out okay for you.

Hi Susie, Arabella, Auntie G, and Mel ...hope you all are having a good week.

We need some new blood around here, haha ...c'mon and join us lurkers

Carri
Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #104  

Carri - Yes come on lurkers!! haha We don't bite! And no, no announcement yet. I am so frustrated!!

Just came back from a playdate with a friend who lives in Montreal, her son is 2 and the boys just had a great time (as did Katie - who giggled most of the time, haha) and tomorrow we're going to the zoo together. Lots of fun! Hope the weather's nice.

Hope everybody has a great day!!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #105  

Hi Ladies,

Doing well here. I walked last night with my friend. It's beautiful here in Ohio today and my plan for exercise tonight is to wash off my vinyl railing on the porch and also the vinyl around the windows. It really, really, is looking bad.

I might or might not go for a walk after that is done.

Cari: I watched Monday's Extreme makeover weight-loss addition--I DVR it and watch it on Tues or Wed and I think this was one of the better ones. They have all been amazing but I could relate to this girl. I find it inspirational.

Liz: Sorry you are waiting to hear news about your company--I have been there and I know how frustrating it can be!
I smiled when I read the part where someone said "no wonder you are so skinny"....how sweet that must be to your ears....I know if someone called me skinny I'd be jumping up and down!

Food for June 28
B=1 boiled egg, greek yogurt
L=portabella with cheese sandwich (on bun,) chips, 2 cookies
D=2 waffles, 1 scrambled egg, 1 piece of toast

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 06-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread