Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Tonight is TOPS and I hope those scales stay the same or show a loss. I want a loss for the month of June!

I'm anxious to try on my jean skirt again this weekend and see if I met my July goal of wearing it for the 4th.

I got the railing on the porch clean last night. It took me an hour and my body is telling me that I did something last night..I squatted when I was cleaning the lower parts--they say that squats are great to burn calories because it is using large muscles. I sure hope its the truth!

I'm so ready for the long holiday weekend. We aren't doing a lot so I should be able to stay OP easily. We have one cookout to go to.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Food for June 30, 2011B=1 boiled egg, greek yogurt
L=peanut butter sandwhich, fritos, 1 cookie, 1 cup peas
Snack/Dinner: 2 p of swiss cheese, grapes, 1 rootbeer float
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #107  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...hopped on scale early today and saw 218 so I am happy with that...hopefully by Monday I can be down another one or more ...so glad to be back in the teens again...cant wait to be back in the single digits and on the countdown to 199 !! Man, this is taking forever, haha ...only because of my doing though

Susie - I do that alot, I have a certain pair of jeans I love and I leave them out and try them on about every two weeks...they usually dont feel comfortable until I am about 205 or under so I got a ways to go ...I am SO ready for the long holiday weekend too ....geesh ...need some time off .

HOpe everyone has a great holiday weekend...be good at all the cook outs...

Carri
Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #108  

I am so ready to be off work for 3 days! The office is empty today but it's sort of nice to work at my own pace instead of putting out "fires" all day long.

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss last night! Now it's time to get in gear and do it all over again. On Thursday's after weigh-in I let myself eat whatever I want. I will say that it really tastes good but the next day I wonder why I did it because I don't usually feel so good.

I recently did a motivation program at TOPS that sort of addresses that behavior. It was really about how to stay on track when you are really wanting to "blow the diet". This is what it said & maybe it will help someone here:

. The $10 cure
This is a motivator that people often stumble upon by accident. The siren song of a greasy lunch draws them into a fast-food chain, where they order a burger with the works, a large french fries and a shake. Mid-afternoon, they feel lousy and can barely keep their eyes open – they’ve found out the hard way where straying from healthy food choices gets you.

I call this the $10 cure because it’s the food version of what immigrants (like me) used to call the “$1,000 cure.” Whenever a new arrival, after a long, cold winter in Canada, started to pine for “the old country,” the cure was to get on a plane and go home for a week. All the reasons that originally persuaded the person to emigrate would come crashing back, and the thought of flying back to Canada would begin to look pretty good again.

With food, the cure costs less – say, $10. But this is a motivator of last resort only; I certainly don't want to encourage people to abuse their bodies and feel awful! However, if you’ve been unceasingly pining for unhealthy foods, go out for lunch with some friends and order a high-G.I. meal – perhaps a couple of slices of double-cheese pizza, a Coke and a brownie. Your mouth may enjoy it, but I guarantee that a couple hours later you’ll be regretting the deviation!

Carri: Good job on those scales; I think it is looking good for you Monday.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #109  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

TODAY'S THE DAY!!! The performance is this evening and it's going to be just mind-blowing. Powerful music! We were in rehearsal all day yesterday, standing for the whole thing. A couple of short breaks and an hour at lunch but o/w on our feet from 9:30- 5. My tootsies were a wee bit sore this a.m. and I'm still a little tired but... just about ready to go again. Dress rehearsal's at 1 and then we have a few hours to relax in the aft.

Susie, true that! The problem with eating crap, esp. high GI crap, is that it makes you feel like crap. And too often that feeling like crap can make it harder for you to resist crap on subsequent days. It's not realistic to think we'll never eat anything that isn't good for us but I think we can realistically aim not to eat huge amounts of crap at any time and maybe not eat any on a frequent basis.

I had a run-in with ice cream and chips last week. Now this weekend, not much chance to eat and no intention to eat any crap so hoping it'll all balance out nicely.

Carri, congrats on the return to the teens. We're currently at the same weight but I'm thinking you'll streak past me now -- sure caught up with me fast enough!

Liz, what fun to have a comment like that! Hope that you hear about work soon -- limbo is so disturbing.

K, just about time to head out the door. Have a fantastic fourth, American friends! (And hope your Canada Day was good, Liz.)

Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy 4th of July!!!

Susie - I like that analogy! Hope you're having a great 4th!!

Carri - YAY on 218!! In no time you'll be knocking on onederland's door!

Arabella - Break a leg!! Not really, well you know what I mean. Oh wait, it was yesterday - hope the performance was wonderful (I have no doubt it was)!!! Happy belated Canada Day!

Well as for me horseback riding is coming closer and closer - Jamie & I went riding on Sunday which was lots of fun - and they've finally emailed me to tell me that the lessons start tomorrow. Jeez, thanks for the notice, huh?? She said she thought she had emailed me earlier. Oh well. The only thing is it is kind of expensive especially not knowing what's going on with my job and Jamie's not sure if I should do it now...I really want to and it's kind of ticking me off because this is something I've wanted forever, and I feel like I can finally do it. Sigh. Anyhow we'll see....hope everybody's having a great holiday - ours was good!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #111  
It is what it is...

HAPPY JULY 4TH !!!!! HAHA ... most places did the fireworks last night since the holiday fell on a work day so it may be kind of quiet and relaxing today, haha ...not in my neighborhood...they will still be doing them late even though I have to work tomorrow

well drum roll ................I did get to 216 like I wanted to for today...so I am excited and glad that I didnt cheat on this holiday weekend

Arabella - that pic you posted on fb was so beautiful, it woiuld be great to sing in that kind of a place....bet it was great

Liz and Arabella - hope you had a great Canada day...

Liz - I love being on a horse, havent been since I was a child though..glad you are getting to do it...and hope you can keep up with it ...

Susie - hope you are having a great holiday weekend, good job on the loss

Okay going back to my relaxing day off ...the only thing I have planned is to get groceries for the week and maybe go over to a friends house and lounge by the pool ...see ya

Carri
Old 07-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #112  

I have been MIA from everything for a few days--just felt like I needed the break, but I'm emerging into the real world again.

I can sit down in my jean skirt so I feel pretty good about that!

I haven't kept track of my food or done any exercise since Thursday so today I'm getting that back on track as well.

We have local fireworks tonight, other than that it is a lazy day. I am going to go work on my yard sale items and get them tagged; I'm having a yard sale of Saturday...clearing out the clutter in the garage. I do it every year, and if something doesn't sell I just take it all to Goodwill.

I price things but will take whatever anyone offers me for something, my goal is to get rid of it and if I make some money that's great.

Cari: Great job on hitting your goal! Enjoy your day lounging at the pool.

Arabella: How did the performance go? I'm sure it and you were amazing!

Liz: I think you should go ahead and do the horseback riding; there will always be what-if's in life.

Mel: How is the summer going for you?

Auntie: How are you?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #113  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, wow do I feel crappy....people in my neighborhood were doing horribly loud fireworks until way after midnight last night....I guess no one has any decency anymore...I mean I know I wasnt the only one that had to go to work today....hopefully they dont do it again tonight...those dang fireworks stores stay around until 2-3 weeks after the 4th and then discount everything so much that everyone keeps doing them for a while...it really sucks sometimes...people are so inconsiderate...so today I am tired and grumpy ( as if you couldnt tell haha ) ...

went over my calories a little yesterday with some icecream and chips but it was okay...my little cheat meal...and it was the 4th after all.

Hope you all are doing okay...please check in with us.

See ya
Carri
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - That would really tick me off too!! They were setting them off around our house too on the weekend but luckily they stopped at a decent hour.

Susie - I think you're right on the what-ifs! And yay for being able to sit in your jean skirt!

As for me I am going forward with the lessons...I am very excited! I hope it doesn't rain! Anyways just doing some work today - still no news, just waiting waiting waiting...blech. Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #115  

I made it to my lunch time workout! I did 30 min on the treadmill and went 1.5 miles. Then I did some stretching--got to keep that back in place so I can continue to get the workouts in.

We have a lot of new equipment at my work gym--one is that stair-like thing that they have on the Biggest Loser...I'm giving myself 2 weeks of walking and then I'm going to get on that thing starting at 3 min at a time. My friend did it today and she did 5 and she was sweating buckets and said she would start back at 3 min so she could "live to fight another day!" lol

I'm also meeting my friend for our weekly walk tonight..it's a time that we catch up on everything.

So, I've been thinking about my next goal and I'm wondering about doing two or do you think I should just do one? Here's what I'm thinking.

I am going to a concert on Aug 26, so I'm planning on setting a goal of 10 lbs lost for it. Then I thought I would set a "end of summer" goal of 15 total bls lost.

I lost 6 the month of June so I'm thinking that these would be doable.
I want to hear what you think.

Carri: I hope you get some sleep tonight..people should be respectful. I saw outside parties done by 11 p.m. and no grass mowing until 9:00 a.m. as a general rule.

Looking forward to seeing everyone post soon
Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #116  
It is what it is...

I just have to come in here and say I am absolutely SHOCKED that Casey Anthony was found innocent ...my heart breaks for that little girl who will never see justice for her untimely death....I have been following the case since day 1 and it is so obvious she did it ...but I guess reasonable doubt came into play, who knows...I am just shocked and sick over it ...

I was too young to care about the OJ trial when that happened but this one I really cared about ....did you guys follow this? Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #117  
It is what it is...

Morning girls, still in shock from the Casey Anthony verdict but I digress, haha...I will go on

Had a good day yesterday, did have alot of bacon though, was within my calories but I am sure all that sodium has got me up a bit so I didnt dare step on the scale...I want to be in the low 2 teens by this weekend...since I am 216 now I hope I can get to 214 by end of the weekend but we will see...

How are the rest of you doing? Would really like to hear from Mel ...but I know you are hanging in there...just drop in and let us know how you are. We miss ya.

I hope you all have a great day...

Carri
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #118  

I planned to work out at lunch time but had meetings , I don't know if I will get in a "real" workout because I planned on cleaning a little tonight since I'm going to be busy with the yardsale on Saturday.

I'll see how I feel when I get off work. My food is doing well so I'm happy with that.

Carri: I didn't watch any of this trail--my husband did and he said he believed her to be guilty. It's just so strange how it all works.

Locally a few years ago we had a case where a 20 yr old girl went missing. They never found her body but they convicted her boyfriend of murder--even without a body. I know that he did it, this girl had numerous altercations with him that we reported to the police and she also had restraining orders, but it was surprising that the jury found him guilty and it stuck.

It was a case that set a precedent.

Anyway..good for you for staying on plan and for watching that salt intake. I'm learning to watch it..not good at it yet, but trying.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #119  
It is what it is...

Morning girls, I did hop on the scales today just to see what all the sodium I was having lately was doing to my body and guess what? I am up a pound ! I am sure it it temporary so I wont fret ...had to update my Lose It app last night on my phone with my new current weight and it really took down my calories...now only at 1445....so that will be a change , will have to get used to that and maybe divide up my calories a little better so I have more for dinner...

I am so excited as tonight Big Brother starts on CBS....I have watched this for like 13 years now or something...love this show...hey I got nothing else this Summer, haha

Susie - yes I agree with your husband, I followed this trial since day one and there is no doubt in my mind she is guilty....this morning they sentenced her to 4 years and 4k in fines to pay...with the time she has already spent in jail ( close to three years ) and time off for good behavior, she could be out really quickly...small price to pay for a childs life.

Hope you all are having a good week and enjoying the Summer sun ....talk to you later.

Carri
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #120  

Well, the scales at home didn't look good this morning. I think I will be up 1/2 lb at TOPS. I know it's because of the weekend "spree" which wasn't that bad but my body didn't respond favorably even when I got back on track.

I know that I most likely lost some weight from the "spree" and I won't be up as much as I would have been if I had not gotten back on track..but still..I've got to quit playing that game..that "catch-up" game. There will always be a reason to just throw caution to the wind...how do you stop doing that? I feel like I fight it a lot and win a lot but there are those times where I let down my guard and then it's like starting all over.

Any reflections on that topic are welcome!

Carri: Keep that water going and the sodium down and you can flush that extra retention out of your system by weigh-in day.
Tell me more about the app you have on your phone.

Carri and I are having a great time here, but we miss the rest of you! Please pop in soon!
Closed Thread