Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #301  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up One good day down!

I tracked everything on Spark People yesterday. Great to see everything accounted for and know, on a daily basis, that what I'm doing will WORK! At the end of the day, I was a bit hungry and, instead of the cheese and crackers I thought of, I had some leftover veggies, thus staying within my calories for the day.

Liz, I'm sure you look GREAT as is but, in the end, you want to be where you're comfortable. As for the loose skin, I've read that when you lose weight quickly it usually takes the skin a while to snap back but it will. Maybe not 100% but probably quite a bit, especially since you're young. Weight training helps, too.

Susie, I'm dying to paint my bedroom too. I've got a few ideas for sprucing it up -- and it sure needs it! Maybe I can get those new Roman blinds up today...

KY30 Nice stats!

Mel, you'll be breaking into a new "decade" soon!

Auntie g, I've only got the vaguest idea of what 150 grams of carbs are. I do know that I do better on fewer carbs and staying right away from simple carbs. I'm back to steel-cut oats for breakfast though and it feels good in my tummy in a way that really low carb things just never do.

I'd say, go with WW, focus on healthy foods. You're your own expert!

Carri, huzzah for being back on track! Let's hocusPokusFOCUS and get this thing done once and for all. We've still got time to look great and feel fabulous this summer!

Let's DO this, Women!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

auntie g - I'd have a hard time restricting carbs. So many people seem to have sensitivities to them though - so it might be worth a shot? I just looked at my fitday and over the last 2 months, I've averaged 172 carbs, so not that far off I guess? And I eat a lot of carbs I think. But whatever will work for you - you could give it a try and see how it goes!

Susie - WOO HOO for redecorating!! Isn't it fun?? Have a great time painting and putting together your new room. A guest room would be so nice to have, how exciting! Can you tell I love home improvement?? haha I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mel - mmmmm tuna. I could go for tuna! I think you just made my decision for lunch...although I forgot, I'm out today for lunch, and no way would I eat tuna made by someone other than me (who knows how much mayo, right??). Anyhow maybe for dinner.

Arabella - Good job on entering everything and choosing veggies over cheese and crackers!! Sounds like a good choice, lol.

I went swimming last night and my friend and I are talking about doing zumba. I've heard a lot about zumba but didn't even know what it was until my friend told me last night, haha. Thank you for all the advice everyone...I think I am going to keep going on my plan right now, at least until I see the 130's...but if I have a few days that creep into the 1600 calorie range, I'll try not to freak. It's funny, some days I'll think OK today I'll eat 1600 and not 1500, but I never do it. I think I'm going to need to force myself to up my calories one day. Do you think I might be a bit of a control freak?? I'm on the road today and we're getting fans installed in the kids' rooms, so I'm excited to see how they look when I get home! Have a great day ladies!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #303  
It is what it is...

Morning all ....went over a little on calories last night with some late night chips and salsa, and a couple of mini doughnuts but I know I will have some slip ups now and then so not too worried about it ...back on track today. Still NO soda !!!

Auntie G - 150 carbs is very doable ...since I am a diabetic I limit my carbs to only 30 per meal...and I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with two snacks..so 30 x 5 = 150 , I think, haha ...so yeah it can be done and it is better for the body...how in the world did you have over 100 carbs at breakfast? toast? waffles? haha ...you can do and we will help you ....

Liz - I have heard great things about zumba, I have wanted to try it too...go for it, I think it will be alot of fun. Ya know what's funny is I have been having only 1500 calories a day and I havent been losing nearly as fast as you...must be metabolism difference in us...I am thinking that I might go down to 1450 or 1400...I want to start seeing big results...

Arabella - oh how I would LOVE to be comfortable this summer...always have so much extra weight on me that the heat makes me so miserable...

Mel - got better sleep last night but still tired...oh you have to watch it , it is so funny ...Monday nights at 930 on cbs

Susie - Thanks for the compliment...yeah I did have some GI issues last week...I have them alot with the metformin I take for bld sugar issues...not pleasant...hope yours is better

Have a great day everyone...

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #304  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Hooray for being on track!

Thinking I'm not going to manage my six pounds off by tomorrow But it's still so good to be on track and, tracking, to know that I AM on track.

Another perfect day down yesterday.

I've got a funny little story to share:

On Sunday, D & I were going for our traditional walk around the harbour. Just a few blocks from home, D said to me "I put your exercise clothes on the back of the chair because they were still damp." I was quite puzzled, thinking I'd left my exercise clothes in the laundry basket and intended to do a wash when we got back. Then it gradually dawned on me... D had gone through the full laundry basket and methodically folded dirty things and put them away, rolled socks, hung shirts up, all the while thinking he was doing good.

Well. I just cracked up, right there on Ambrose Street. I was shrieking, doubled over in paroxysms of laughter while D stalked off up the block. It took me a while before I could continue, still chortling, and catch up with him. He was a little stung but I could NOT help myself.

Your intention was good, I said. He never did quite find it funny, said that he guessed it qualified as a senior moment. Must have been more like a senior 10 minutes. But, in all seriousness, he's always gone on autopilot from time to time and is not very aware of his environment when he does. Very much the absent-minded professor type.

Liz, I'm seeing carbs tracked on Spark People. It's nice that they include all the nutritional info. It's a little strange what's included, though -- I searched for mandarin oranges yesterday and they had about 10 listings but none of them for fresh mandarins. Bah!

Carri, you're right - a slip is just a slip. We'll do this!

Gotta go -- cutoff time's a'coming.

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-16-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all, I was just browing around trying to find and active group where I can keep motivated and to get new ideas. I would love to joinn your group is that is ok. I have been on this board off and on for awhile now. I originally started at 235 and now I am down to 202 but seem to keep losing that same few lbs over and over again. Would love to have some feedback on dinner time since I don't get home until 7pm Hope everyone has a great day
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #306  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Thanks for making me feel so welcomed ladies . I will only update once a week as I only weigh in on Saturdays.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #307  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical View Post
Good morning all, I was just browing around trying to find and active group where I can keep motivated and to get new ideas. I would love to joinn your group is that is ok. I have been on this board off and on for awhile now. I originally started at 235 and now I am down to 202 but seem to keep losing that same few lbs over and over again. Would love to have some feedback on dinner time since I don't get home until 7pm Hope everyone has a great day
Try cooking your meals on the weekend, or the steam n bag veggies are great and fast to cook also. Make a menu out for the whole week and come up with some easy meals bonless skinless chicken breast only takes about 20 to 30 mins to cook in the oven faster on the gerorge forman grill I love my grill just plan ahead it will make it easier.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #308  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, had a good OP day yesterday...was not down anything this morning but would expect that from my mini doughnut night on Monday, haha
so wont weigh myself again until Friday or Saturday...I almost feel like it is a contest with myself daily to see if I can make it to bed each night while still being on plan and no cheating...some days I win and somedays the food wins...but hoping that 99% of those days I win.

Arabella - that made me laugh because it sounds like something my dh would do...or actually, sadly enough, something I would do as well...haha...good job on staying OP yesterday, one day at a time.

Mystical - welcome - I would agree with Ky30, do some meals ahead of time...I find using a crockpot helps me too, come home and the meal is done, and then you have left overs for a while too...

KY30 - welcome back...okay so we need a first name for you....dont like typing to you in your code name, haha

Hi to Liz, Mel, and Auntie G

Hope everyone has a good day.

Carri
Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #309  

Arabella - LOL that's something that my DH would do too!! haha WTG being on plan!!

Carri - You're right as long as you win the majority of the time, hmm, you win!! haha Yeah you're probably right our metabolisms must be different...it's so crazy the differences in amounts people can eat.

mystical - WELCOME!! What about crockpot cooking? I do that sometimes - so nice just to go upstairs and dinner's pretty much made. There's lots of great recipes online.

Ky30 - I only weigh once a week too, on Saturdays as well. That's the day I update my ticker - but I do log my weight everyday on fitday. Saturdays are official, though, lol.

Mel - Hi!!

auntie g - How's DH's new job going?

Things are good here, busy with work (finally!). Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #310  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone just doing a fly by post. I see that everyone is doing well I am doing good just hoping for a loss this weekend! I feel like I am stuck and never going to get into the 180s lol Have a great day everyone!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #311  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I'm finally feeling better. It didn't get me all the way down; I didn't miss work and I have worked out some; walking the building at whatever pace I felt I could do.

I haven't logged my food because it's been really random. It's hard for me to drink water when stomach is upset but I did for the most part--I did have one ginerale when I was feeling at my worst.

Today I have felt a lot more like myself and even had a decent lunch and dinner--I only had toast for breakfast, just couldn't do my usual yogurt and boiled egg.

Mel: I think you are on plan for a good weight-loss weigh-in.

Liz: Zumba is a lot of fun. It takes a couple of classes for it to really feel fun--it's more fun when you know the routines, it's like dancing and when I take a zumba class the time just fly's by!!

Cari: Good job getting back on plan and you are doing great with the "No Soda"!

Arabella: I love the " Let's hocusPokusFOCUS " and you are so right we have time to be looking really good for summer. I needed to hear that because today I was sitting at my desk at work and all I could think of was that I resemble a big ole' lumpy potato! Time to start peeling that potato!!
I laughed hard when I read that about the laundry! My husband did something like that last fall with the dishwasher!

KY30: Looking foward to your postings.

Mystical: Those late hours getting home from work can really be difficult to deal with. You got some really good advice here.

I too get home from work pretty late due to a long commute--both my husband and I have long commutes. We don't have kids and it's just us two.

For 3 months I kept track of how much food I threw away because we didn't have time/were to tired to fix it after we bought, or we went through a drive-thu and it was running us into big money, especially the drive-thru. So, I hired a cook!

I have a friend who is going to cooking school and offered her an opportunity to come in and cook for us 2 night a week and I told her that is all I expect--for her to cook--I clean up!

It's wonderful when I get home, and the food is ready or close to ready. I do the grocery shopping and we share receipies with each other. She cooks on Monday's and Wednesday, so we have leftovers on Tues and Thursday's and on Friday's we always go out.

She told some of her friends at school about what she was doing and a few of them talked to people they know and they are now doing it too. My friend cooks for me and two other families. She says it's better than working retail and she gets to "work" at what she is going to school for. This worked for us because we were spending that money anyway--I just decided to use it in a better way for us. It might be something to consider.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #312  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Happy St.Patrick's Day!

Susie- I am so glad that you are starting to feel better! And hiring your friend to cook is an awesome idea!! Now you dont have to worry about it when you get home and she can cook healthy meals!!
Before we know it Easter will be here!!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #313  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY !!!!

I had another OP day yesterday ...10 down, hundreds of thousands to go, hahahaha

Probably wont be going out and having any green beer tonight ... I am tired and the places around us get so crowded , I will probably be in bed by 9:00, who are we kidding?

I heard from Auntie G yesterday of FB, since her computer died she is having a hard time getting on here but she wanted to tell everyone "hi" and she will check back on us when she can.

Anybody watch Teen Mom 2 ? This week's episode was a crazy one...love all the drama .... lol

Mel - I am thinking that Saturday will show you in the 180's ....fingers crossed !!!

Susie - oh I envy you, do you know how much I would love to come home to dinner already made for me ? That is awesome.

Hi to everyone else, have a great day Lassies ! haha

Later,
Carri
Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #314  

Susie - What a great idea, to hire your friend! And then you know exactly what she is cooking and she can tailor make the dishes, nice.

Carri - Yeah no green beer here either, I'll be in bed early too! Sorry to hear auntie g's computer died, hope she can get back on soon!

Mel - You are so right time is flying as it always does, easter will be here soon! I want to get the kids cute outfits of course, that's my favourite thing now about holidays, dressing them up!! haha

Well we spent the morning at a maple syrup festival, where they serve you pancakes and sausage and, wait for it, maple syrup!! haha It was a lot of fun. Now back at work this afternoon. Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #315  
It is what it is...

Liz you gotta know my mouth is watering now...why did you mention pancakes and mable syrup ???? hahahaha