Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #241  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope it is a great one !!!!!

Just a quick stop by gals...today starts the challenge and I am looking forward to it - first prize is a 200.00 visa card, everyone could use that right? I would like to win it and get some new clothes...but there are so many people entering that who knows if I would have a chance, but I will give it my best...wish me luck !!!

Hi everyone, have a great day!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #242  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!!

Logan was up all night in bed with me coughing so that made 3 days without sleep. DH saw that I was about to lose it this morning around 4 am so he gave me the best present I could ever ask for. Even though he had a busy schedule today he took the day off to help me! He let me get some sleep this morning, got Cody up and on the bus and made Logan a dr appt. Plus he is taking him to the dr appt at 1. I told him this morning that he has no idea how much that meant to me. So I hope they can figure everything out for Logan so we can get some sleep tonight!

I weighed this morning and was 190.0 so I guess I should call that a success right?! That was my original goal and I am only 0.2 away from the 180s

Thank you thank you again for the Birthday wishes it means a lot!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday, Mel! Hope you're having a great day! And remember, calories don't count on your birthday!

Liz, the thing about looking younger now made me laugh! When I lost 100 lbs 5 years ago, I definitely looked older than before. That was a bummer, but I felt young, so who cares what anybody else thinks! At least you got it going the right way...

Susie, I know how you feel, waiting for your re-check. Last year I had a funny ultrasound in the ovary region. I've got all the high risk factors for trouble there, but they just wanted to wait and do a re-check in 6 months. I got them to move it up to 3 months, after pointing out all my risk factors, but I was a wreck in that time. Thankfully mine turned out OK, and I sure hope yours does, too, but that wait can drive you nuts! Try to take care of yourself in the meantime.

Carri, good luck on your work BL challenge! That's such a good idea! Ah, maybe next job I'll have coworkers- LOL! (At least I'm laughing...)

OK, so the latest news on the job front is that DH went for a drug test for another job today. No problem passing that, but it takes 48 hours for the results, and hopefully he'll be able to start next week. It's a serious pay cut, which will be difficult, but insurance starts on day one, which is kind of a miracle. That will save the $4400 that we would have to pay for the next 4 months of COBRA, during the typical new job wait for benefits. Of course I didn't have $4400 lying around to begin with, so I guess it saves going that much into debt. So, keeping my fingers crossed...

Anyway, we'll still have financial issues, as far as using that as my excuse not to get on the wagon, but if this is the way it's gonna be, then I'll find a way to make it work. At least I'll be able to tame some of my worries...

Have a good one, everyone!

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #244  
One Day at a Time...

Auntie-Thank you for the bday wishes! I hope everything goes well with Dhs new job!

I will update more on how the day went tomorrow...lets just say it ended with Cody now starting to have a fever and coughing...nooooo!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Mel - Oh wow what a sweet DH!! What a nice present. And oh no about Cody!! I hope you were able to catch up a tiny bit on sleep yesterday??

auntie g - Fingers crossed!! Wow $4400...no I have to say I don't have that lying around either. You can definitely find a way to make it work....you're right there's always going to be something, even when you are dealing with A LOT (like you have been).

OH my Katie has been a bear lately. A cute bear, but still a bear. She's got 4 teeth coming in and it's clingy clingy clingy cry most of the day. Sigh. And then last night she completely refused to sleep in her crib, and curled up next to me all night. At least we slept! And then I had to climb in with DS at 5am because he was crying for me. So I'm tired! But at least the sun is shining....hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #246  

Mel: Happy Belated Birthday . I got busy at work yesterday and didn't get to post. What a wonderful present your DH gave to you--taking the day off to help you. I"m sorry that your little one isn't feeling well; I hope that resovles itself soon! Also congratulations for hitting the goal that you set for yourself by your birthday--do you know how often that actually happens?! You have done a great and mighty thing!

Liz: I hope the presentations went smoothly

Auntie: Fingers crossed for the DH job. I know what it is to deal with a paycut but having health insurance right away is priceless--it's priceless anytime. I always say to people that pay can be made up or delt with somehow some way but not having health insurance is something that really no one can afford. I have been without it in my life and had to have a surgery...took me forever to pay that off!

Cari: How did the challenge go yesterday? How are you doing with the soda challenge?

I am having a pretty good week with food and exercise and I feel really good!
I better get busy with work...see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 240/223/165

Height: 5"4

Question I'm new here

Hi, newbie here. I weigh about 240 (I am only 5'3) and should weigh about 130. My final goal is 165, I can be satisfied with that. But I would love to be at my "healthy weight." I went jogging this morning and have been watching what I eat. Gave up sodas and began chugging water. What I was wondering is: do any of you find it helpful to keep a food journal? What is your favorite exercise that doesn't seem like exercise? And last of all, has anyone tried and had success with Zumba at home? Thanks!
Redheadchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #248  

Ohmygosh Mel I forgot to mention your weight - of course that's a success!! Congrats girl!!

Susie - Glad things are going well - my presentation is actually Monday but thanks hopefully it will go well!

redheadchick - WELCOME!!! I journal my food everyday. I plan to continue that into maintenance. I think it's too easy just to eat an extra mouthful here and there, and they really add up! I use fitday. As for exercise, I'm not the best one to talk to about that, as it's a challenge for me! In terms of exercise that doesn't feel like exercise, I don't know if you have kids but I take my DS (he's 3) to the playground and I crawl all over the equipment with him, it's a good workout. Other than that, I dance around with kids a lot and really just make moving more a priority - I park further away, I go up and down my stairs, etc etc. Good luck and keep posting, we'd love to have you as part of our group!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #249  

I have 3 children (before kids I had a figure! LOL) Thanks for the info! Guess I need to be on the look out for a pretty journal.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #250  

Hi Ladies,
I am so tired for some reason. I hate this feeling! I'm hoping that my lunch time workout will get me going.

Welcome Redheadchick--You have some good tools that you are using already and I know that a food journal will be a great help! When I journal my food (and my feelings) I do so much better and I see that scale go in the direction that I want it to go in.
Go get a pretty journal/blank book and start journaling your way to that 165 lb "normal" you!
I have not done Zumba at home but I hear there are good DVD's out there for it. I have a freind who does it at home. I do the classes "live"--they don't feel like exercise..just fun...like when I used to go to clubs on Friday and Saturday night and dance the night away!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #251  

Actually saw an advertisment this morning for Zumba classes not to far from where I live (I live in the sticks people, not even a Walmart for 15 miles! LOL) and I will have to drive by again and get the number. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #252  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks for the belated bday wishes and congrats!
I have had an awful 3 food days bc of the boys being sick and just not feeling myself. But I am glad to say that I am back on track today, both kids went back to school and DH is at work so it feels like everything is starting to get back to normal. This weeks weigh in will probably not be the best but I have myself to blame. Saw 192 this morning and didnt like it lol

Redheadchick-Welcome! I count calories and need to get on track with my exercise. I have wanted to get the Zumba game for Wii but just havent justified spending 60.00 on it...maybe soon lol I will say the Walmarts have the biggest loser exercise dvds that are good and only cost around 5.00-10.00 each. Good luck on your journey and we would love to hear how its going.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Ugh, exactly 200.0 this morning. Inching there!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #254  
One Day at a Time...

Thats awesome lostangel05!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #255  

redheadchick - Well at least you had a figure before kids, I can't even claim that!! OH my, not even a Walmart?? haha We're thinking of one day moving out to a more rural area, but that's one thing that freaks me out, having to go so far for everything!

Susie - Hope you get pepped up soon!!

Mel, Carri, Arabella, auntie g, Spooky....hope you all have a great day!

ETA: Weird, I hit "post" this morning and when I came back, it was still thinking! So it finally posted tonight.

lostangel - You're just about there!! WOO HOO!!

Mel - Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

Last edited by sept15lija; 03-03-2011 at 09:48 PM.