3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #181

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah I'm starting to think we should have waited until spring to paint....DH filled all the holes in the walls (tons of nail holes from the previous owners) and now he has to do the sanding, and we didn't get to it because Katie was being a bum last night...and now he's saying that we shouldn't paint until we can leave the windows open to air the room out, so my room is going to have white patches all over it for 2 months now! lol...no biggie really...we'll see though I think I'm going to convince him to set up the air mattress in the living room and we can just sleep there while the paint is drying. The kids are sucking all our energy right now - especially with me back to work and a lot more of the childcare on DH now, he's realizing how much work kids really are!!

Susie - Don't worry you'll be past it in no time!! Sorry things have been stressful at work - this is a fairly new job for you, isn't it? It's good to be busy but not TOO busy! We're painting our room (maybe, lol) green - right now it's beige with a couple of brown accent walls, I hate the brown. Our room is really strange with weird angles, it was an addition to the house...and it doesn't have great light, so I think a lighter colour will be nice. And green is calming, which I need!!

Anyhow, off to work we go!!

Oh yeah, Mel you reminded me (although DH already said it this morning): Happy Valentine's Day!! Easy on the chocolate, ladies!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 02-14-2011 at 09:10 AM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #182
It is what it is...

Good morning gals ...not too much going on here, didnt weigh myself this weekend because I knew it wasnt gonna be good...tonight wont be either...we will go out for Valentines day and I wont be good.

Mel - sorry to hear dh is sick again ...you guys have dealt with so much of that lately...hope it all goes away soon ...congrats on the loss...just think you will be in the 180's in no time.

Liz - yes, i wanna paint pretty badly too but dh says we have to wait until Spring to have the windows up ...i am leaning towards a brown in our living room and some dark blue maybe in the foyer area, I like really bold darker colors.

Susie - glad to hear your back is getting better, my dh has back issues, has had a couple of surgerys, disc issues, I hate it ...so I know how bad it can be...hope it stays good.

Auntie G - how did dh's interview go?

Hi to Arabella and Spook and anyone else I missed.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #183
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like we will all be painting when it gets warmer!

Liz- Hope you all get a break but with kids I know thats almost impossible!

Carri- Hope you have a great dinner

I ate to much chocolate already grrr DH just kept handing it to me saying "try this one" ugh no more! lol

Happy Valentine's Day!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
199 Onederland!!11/19/10! 195 first goal!1/8/11 185
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
Starting over 11/29/11 @ 204.2...come on onederland!
7/4/12 189.0!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #184

Hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day - we got the kids to bed early and watched a movie, it was nice. Unfortunately Katie decided 3:30am was a great time to wake up (she wasn't feeling well), so I am pretty much exhausted right now. She finally went back to bed at 6 after (tmi ahead) finally having a big #2 and has been sleeping since, but of course Jacob got up at 5:15. ARGH! Anyhow I don't expect to make much sense to anyone today but I'll do my best to stay coherent. We'll see.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #185
It is what it is...

Morning All - hope you all had a good Valentines Day, I did ...we ended up just having pizza but it was nice and he got me some nice gifts...

Liz - I feel the same way this morning, not much sleep again, feel pretty tired, but I can make it thru the day since I have tomorrow and Thurs off

Mel - Dont feel bad I did the same with the chocolates, it happens

Hope everyone is having a good day I am too tired to type alot, haha ...

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #186
One Day at a Time...

Liz-I am so glad that DD is feeling better I am sure the #2 helped a lot! I am sure you are in zombie mode right now but I hope you make it through the day ok.

I woke up to 193.2 ahhhhhhh!!! I guess the chocolate did it to me? So I am strictly drinking water and no diet soda today and hope to flush myself out. And NO CHOCOLATE! I was under calories minus the chocolate so I hope this works bc I want to be close to 190 by sat. My friend is having a bday party for her son this sat and she hasnt seen me since late august and want to look as good as I can if I go!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #187
One Day at a Time...

Carri- Hope that you can make it through the day too! Yeah those chocolates are brutal!!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #188

Height: 5'7"

Hi. It sounds like everyone had a nice Valentines day. We did to. My hubby took me to dinner on Saturday night and I had a HUGE Rasberry Magaritia. I know it had a ton of calories but it was worth it. Now I'm back to water and calorie counting.

We kept V day simple this year only cards and small candy items. My hubby got me a small box of chocolates..had 6 pieces in it and 3 already gone! That is why he got me the small box--I asked him too. He also got me suckers which was a great idea! They help me get past that "I have to have SOMETHING" feeling.

Sorry for the quick post--busy day here. I'll do personals later.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #189
One Day at a Time...

Susie-glad you had a great Valentine's day! DH did the same thing here and only got me a little chocolate.

Just got back from Walmart and I managed to walk through the discounted Valentine's chocolate and not buy any! Doesn't mean I didn't want to but I didn't lol One point for me zero for chocolate today! Thank goodness we have awhile until Easter!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #190
One Day at a Time...

Ok ladies I was completely OP yesterday and drank nothing but water. Didn't have any chocolate or snacks yet I weighed 193.0 this morning. I am totally confused?? Do we gain weight after TOM....mine ends today so I don't see why I am gaining instead of losing this week when I haven't gone over cals this week. Any suggestions? Sorry for the rant just didn't start my day off well.

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #191

Mel - Good job on bypassing the discount chocolates!! As for the scale - I don't know - it seems to depend on the person...I tend to go down during TOM and then kind of plateau a bit after....but for others they stall during TOM and then go down when it ends. But you're down from yesterday, right? So maybe it's just taking a few days to get rid of it?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #192

Height: 5'7"

Default Confession is good for the soul

Good morning Ladies. I woke up this morning with a lot on my mind concerning my weight-loss effort.

I'm still working through a lot of it, but the point I want to share is that I have not been working on this as I had when I first started. I think that is normal, motivation can wax and wan and to keep it up at that beginning level calls for a refresher.

I am at that refresher point. And this point for me includes going back to the beginning--logging food and calories, planning workouts and recording them. I also made a decision to follow a formal "plan of action". I have been hearing a lot about a book "Made to Crave". It is a religious view-point and I'm going to explore that part of my weight-loss journery. This is a 21 day plan and I hope to use it to guide me to find a way to not "crave" food for my emotional release but to rather 'crave' what my God has for me instead.

I know I will need to 'think out load' on parts of this marterial and I hope that you won't mind me doing that here as a part of my post.

I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up" in case this might make you uncomfortable and if it does, please let me know. OK?

Thanks for letting me share all of that!

So, who is still watching Biggest Loser? I thought it was pretty good last night and found it to be motivational to me. I like when the talk about and explore the "emotional' part of the weight-loss journey...this is always where I get off track. I'm good with food and exercise but I loose it and get off track when I start not "being good" due to wanting to not deal with a emotion and then I just give up because my food or exercise wasn't good. For me, the key is going to be learning to deal with the emotional side.

Mel: Good job on avoiding that discounted chocolate. My thought on discounted candy is that I really can't afford it....what I save on the candy will end up costing me more because I'll need to buy bigger clothes or deal with medical issues.

Liz: How are things going for you? Have you been able to catch up on the sleep you needed?

Cari: It sounds like a very nice Valentines day for you. I LOVE Pizza by the way--anytime!

Spooky, Arabella, Auntie G: Hi! Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 02-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #193
One Day at a Time...

Liz- I sure hope that it all comes off by sat..all I can do is stay OP and hope for the best. I did about 8 songs on my Just Dance game for wii. I sure did break a sweat even if I looked like a fool haha

Susie- Good luck on your journey and glad you will share how it goes with us! And I am glad I didn't buy any chocolate lol

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #194

Mel - Good job on the 8 songs!! I would definitely be sweating after that - I hope the scale treats you nicely on Sat!

Susie - A refresher sounds great! Did you stop recording calories at one point? I plan on continuing to record for a long while, I don't know that I'll ever stop - we'll see but for now no plans to. That sounds like a good read, maybe I'll see if my library has it - we can discuss it together!! In any case though - you're more than welcome to share any of your thoughts, god knows I use this group to pour out my brain on occasion!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #195
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Stupid cold!

I'd managed to dodge the cold all winter so far but DGS brought one over last week and it's got me. Ah well, I guess everyone's got to be sick some times.

I've kept up with the 10k steps and managed to stay off the wheat and sugar. Lost 4 pounds since Jan. 8, as of last week. Not too speedy, but if I manage even a little bit more I'll be at goal the end of the year. Aiming for 1.5 a week, which seems reasonable enough, don't you think?

Mel, be patient! You'll probably drop a few pounds suddenly. As long as you behave, it'll work. And you've been doing fantastic!

I really want to paint my bedroom too -- it's a medium green and I want something softer. Also getting new Roman shades and then drapes to pull across. The bedroom could deffo stand some sprucing.

Liz, OH YEAAAAAAH -- tracking. I remember that. It's such a good idea. If I'm trying to decide whether or not to eat something, knowing I've got to write it down makes me much less likely to if I don't need it. I hereby swear to start tracking again today.

Susie, I'm looking forward to the discussion. I'm not a religious person but am spiritual and I'm sure that there'll be a way to think of these things within our own perspectives. Really, it's all about not substituting food for what we actually need on some level, isn't it.

Carri-Girl, how are you doing? Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day (we don't really celebrate it -- but I bought myself flowers yesterday to make up for it).

Auntie g, hope things are better with you! Sending job vibes for your DH!

Let's make this a good one!

Onederland by New Years

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote