Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #226  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Auntie- I am so happy for you and Dh with this new job coming. And if you are ready to move on from your job then it seems like its all working out. I agree with the exercise since I am not getting where I want when I want to. Starting after my bday its on!

I just had a terrible dinner and a lot of dessert. I dont know if I would call the dessert a binge but seeing how I only did it bc Dh was gone with the boys to scouts then I guess it was. I just thought what the heck I'm not losing weight anyways but then felt guilty after. I need you all to tell me I am wrong and need to get my butt in gear and back on track. Dh already got on me bc I confessed when he got home.
One a good note yay tmw is Friday!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

auntie g - Great news about DH!! And I hear you on it's sort of good to be forced to move on....DH has been in the same restaurant since he was 15, and now he's pretty much maxed out there, but can't leave because it's been 20 years!! He's been talking about finding something else for a good 10 years now, lol.

Mel - Lol about you confessing to DH, that's just what I would do too. Just remember it all counts, girlie - even if no one sees you! Maybe your deadline is getting you down - maybe you should give yourself a little extension? It doesn't matter when you get there as long as you're on your way, right?

Susie - Thanks! I am normal today, in fact. I'll try that trick next time I have a craving - I don't normally get "gotta have a specific food" craving, but if I see something I'll feel like eating it. I swear, I could still eat a ton of food in one sitting, no problem. I don't think that will ever go away. I'm also going to try those bridge exercises you mentioned, that's something easy I could do with the kids around!! Mind you they'll probably be climbing all over me, but that would probably just burn more calories, right??

Snowy day here today! We don't have much planned for the weekend. My sister asked me today to be my nephew's godmother, so I'm excited about that! The baptism is on May 1st, so I'll be able to go out and buy a nice dress to wear. Yay for dresses!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #228  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals...got 4-5 inches of snow last night , not so pleasant of a drive in to work ...this Winter is hanging on for dear life...of course I know technically Winter isnt over until March 20th but dear God !!! haha ...

Looking forward to starting back on serious tomorrow, I know I will have the normal wdls ...dh and I are gonna make a trip to Costco tomorrow and stock up on our meat...we buy in bulk, then come home and seperate into two's for us for dinner with our vacuum sealer and put in freezer in garage...works out well for us...plus i also like thier veggies and stuff ...gonna try and stay away from fillers like granola bars that I usually buy there, too much sugar and other yucks...

Auntie G - so happy to hear that dh is about to get a new job...now if we can just get you employed later, haha ...stay positive...

Mel - I also hear diet soda can hinder weight loss...so as much as you might love you may want to severely cut back or not drink it at all ...I know some people can drink it and it have no effect but others cant, you might be one of the unlucky ones ...I hear ya on the eating when no one is around, i am queen of that, especially if dh is gone for the night, haha

Liz - I cant wait until I can wear a dress or skirt and not worry about the size of my calves or arms...I love summer dresses but always shy away from them because of that ...nice that your sister asked you to be the godmother. Very sweet.

Susie - No, not doing so well on the soda thing again ...had some last night ...just had OJ with my breakfast and it gave me horrible heartbrn which I never hardly get, but normally do with OJ ...so gonna stay away from that for a while...plus I know it is riddled with sugar...so what is your back issue? Muscle or disc related? My dh has disc issues...already had two surgeries for it, one when he was 16 and the other when he was 32 ...I hate that he has to deal with that...especially if he puts on a little weight...the stomach pulling on it makes it worse...

Hi Arabella !!!!

Have a great weekend girls !!!! Gonna get up to mid 50's for us on Sunday and MOnday ( todays high 33 ) so I think all this snow will melt...bring on the Spring !!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #229  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- You're right it def does count even if no one is looking lol And I guess I shouldn't be so strict on myself as far as deadlines go, I just really want to get there!

Carri- Boo for the snow!! I was thinking about the diet soda thing this morning and I am going to take your advice and first drop it down to 1 a day...I'm probably at 3-4 now I just bought a 12 pack of diet sierra mist so once thats gone no more for me! It's hard to be a big water drinker bc its so bland...maybe I should drink more propel water since they made it 0 cals now.

I weighed in at 190.6 again...so no loss for me this week. I was so worried about seeing 189.8 this week that I weighed my self a million times this week and was floating at 193-191 all week and it was not good. I ended up only eating like 900 cals yesterday bc I was running around everywhere. I had a light soup 120 cals and a pear 103 cals for dinner and still woke up to the same weight....I was pretty disappointed but glad I didn't gain. I think it was so hard for me bc I saw 189.8 last Sunday and want it back! My belly has looked a little bloated this week and I dont know why. So starting after my bday the goal is minimize the diet soda intake, start some exercise and put that scale away except for once a week. Wish me luck ladies!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Back to the pits here. No good news on the job front, and we are 100% sure that it's an age discrimination issue, but we don't have what it takes to fight the mammoth company. Trying to be positive, but let me tell ya, it ain't easy!

Mel, hang in there- you'll hit your goal soon!

Liz, happy Godmotherhood! And happy dress shopping, too!

Carri, how's DAY 1 going? I'm so ready to start again, mentally, just not financially. Waaahhhh!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #231  
One Day at a Time...

Auntie-I am sorry the job didn't work out. I will cross my fingers and hope something better comes along.

My poor Logan got up and had a high temp and after fighting it for 7 hours it's hit 102.4 I really hope it's not the flu...he got a flu shot in October but there's so may types out there. Please pray he feels better tmw.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #232  

auntie g - I am sorry to hear that....it would be hard to be positive...it never rains, but pours, huh? This too shall pass my friend! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Mel - Your little Logan is in my prayers too - Jacob is fighting a cold as well...no fever yet but he is just wiped out. And good luck! I bet you'll see a nice loss next week, probably in the next few days if you were to weigh but it'll be a nice surprise in one week!

Carri - Hope day one is going well!

Susie - Hope you're having a great weekend!

Arabella, Spooky - Hi!

Well weigh in today did land me in the normal range, so YAY! DH took some pics, I'll post them soon! For the first time my DH asked to take pics, lol - usually I have to tell him it's time to do it! He told me today sometimes he looks at me and doesn't quite realize it's me...haha.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #233  

Playing catch-up here on all fronts. Had a Huge deadline to meet on Friday and it just took it out of me; but we met the deadline!

I spent yesterday doing nothing...I was so tired...just mentally I think...but I didn't do anything so today I'm catching up. I have a house to clean (I did do the dusting yesterday) and I need to go to the grocery. DH usually helps me but they have a job that has to ship tomorrow so he worked yesterday and today. Our whole routine is thrown off..that is not a good thing for me! But, I told myself that today I'm too busy to worry about it!

I stayed the same this week. I'm glad it wasn't a gain but I've got to get moving on this again. I think that mentally I'm sabatoging myself. In about a month I have a 6 month re-check on that suspicious mammogram that I had in September (re-check will be in April). I am really nervous about it. I've tried telling myself that the sonogram showed nothing other than the density had changed a bit in color but they didn't find any lumps or anything--it's just really scary to me. I feel like I can't "do" anything until I know the outcome. But I just can't/shouldn't put my life on hold. There is always going to be something.

Auntie: So sorry to hear that about DH's opportunity.

Liz: How fun will it be to shop for that dress!

Mel: Hope your little one is feeling better?

Cari: I am anticipating spring as well! Let's make today a no soda day.

I better get busy with all my chores. Have a good day!

I have a goal this week and it is to do things as they come and to not let myself get behind--this will help me with my weight-loss--when I feel overwhelmed I want to binge eat.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #234  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- Congrats on being back in the normal range, cant wait to see the pics! And I hope that Jacob feels better and doesnt get the fever.

Susie- Sorry Dh had to work this weekend that def sucks! I am always glad when I dont have a gain week so congrats to you. I will be sending my prayers for your re-check in April.

Well I was up a lot last night with Logan and he finally started sweating and I think his fever broke in the night. I of course kicked DH out of bed so Logan could sleep with me lol His fever seems to be gone but he has the runny nose, cough and sneezing today.

I weighed this morning and saw 189.8..I am so confused bc I had steak, potatoes and mac and cheese for dinner? DH says I probably needed the protein since I dont eat a lot of meat. But I am not changing my ticker bc who knows what the week will hold. Hope everyone has a great Sunday and that it goes by slowly!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #235  

Susie - I'm sorry for the stress you're under, that would be difficult to wait and not quite know. But you're right, you can't put your life on hold. to you and I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers your way on your re-check. Try to take some time out for yourself to relax and recharge, things have seemed to be so busy with you at work - how about a nice massage or something? Mmmm...sounds good to me!! lol

Mel - YAY about 189.8!! I find that happens sometimes, if I eat something a bit heavier and I expect to be up, but I actually go down a bit! Our bodies and weird and wonderful things, aren't they?? Lol about kicking DH out of bed, just what I would have done too. I just cuddled Jacob to sleep in his bed, poor little guy is just tuckered out with this cold. So any special birthday plans for tomorrow??

Oh my goodness...my mom sure knows how to put her foot in her mouth, lol...I have a picture downstairs of DH & I (then BF & I) at a friend's wedding, this was 10 years ago. She said to me "you look like an old woman in that picture, you look younger now than you did 10 years ago!!". Which I know, was meant as a compliment...I just find it difficult when people talk about the old me, as if I weren't that person anymore. I am still her! It's not nice to hear that 23 year old me looked like an old woman. Anyways that's my rant for the day.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #236  
One Day at a Time...

Liz-I can understand that bothering you bc we are still us just lighter. My weight has been so up and down that we will see what Tuesday holds. My birthday is Tuesday March 1. I am just not ready but I feel like it's just another day and may go out to dinner with the guys and my parents.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #237  

Mel - OH yeah, I knew it was March 1st! For some reason I thought that was today. As if February isn't short enough - but of course happy it's almost over!! Well, enjoy your last day of 26...but enjoy 27, you've done so well, thank yourself for the birthday gift of 50+ pounds down, it's an awesome present to give to yourself!!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #238  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...not much going on here, just same old same old ...tomorrow we start a BIG weightloss challenge here at work ...for our whole company !! Prizes and everything ...starts tomorrow and goes thru 6/15 ...so I am excited about that ...would be nice to win one of the bigger prizes ...

Mel - that might be another part of your stalling issue with weightloss if you are not eating enough protein...that effects us in a lot of different ways...I try to get as much protein ( lean ) as I can...especially for hair and nails ...hope your son is better today.

Susie - I know it is hard not to worry but try not to...I am sure it will be fine...lets stay strong on our no soda pact !!

Auntie G - well that just plain sucks about dh's interview...hopefully something even better comes along ASAP !! Sorry you are having to deal with such stress right now financially ...

Liz - I have noticed that about some people...that the heavier they are the older they look, even in their 20's ...I always thought the opposite though, that my extra fat in my face puffed out the wrinkles and made my skin looks smooth ( I dont have alot of wrinkles at 37 though haha )...people always think I am about 10 years younger than I am so I better keep the fat ....just kidding ...

Hi Arabella - hope you are having a good morning.

I think we have seen our last snow for this Winter ( knock on wood ) ...yesterday and today is supposed to be in the mid 40's...so that is going to feel great...it is gloomy and rainy though...so wish I was at home in bed to enjoy it, haha ...see ya later gals.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #239  

Hi Ladies--I managed to get all the things done yesterday I needed to. While it wasn't a traditional workout; I could feel it in my body today.

I did my lunch time workout today and I added 5 min to my 30 min on the treadmill. I'm going to add 5 more minutes maybe next week or the week after and then after that I'll keep at 40 on the treadmill and start with 10 on the ellipitical. In April I plan to start with some weight-training.

Thank you to those that said you would keep my April re-check in your prayers...I appreciate it as I believe in those!

Liz: Your idea for a massage for myself is a great idea and I have one scheduled on March 12. As for the comment on your looking younger now, it's a very nice compliment. And I'm sure you do...not just because you lost weight but because you are healthy and happy. There was a old you that wanted those things and you achieved them! The old you was really the you that you are now..it was just hidden. Does that make any sense? It does in my head!

Cari: I had no soda yesterday and plan to not have it today. That's cool about your work BL contest. Is it a one on one thing or are you in teams?
You can do it..you can win one of the bigger prizes! We are here to help you.

Mel: I am looking forward to wishing you a Happy Birthday on March 1. As Liz stated..a 50lb+ weight loss to yourself is a great present that you have given yourself. This is going to be a GREAT year for you!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #240  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!
Hope you have a great day!

Susie - That makes total sense, I think only to those of us who have had ourselves "hidden" before would get it, but I definitely do!

Carri - That office challenge sounds great!! Wonderful motivation too! Yeah I agree with you on the age thing - about looking older. I've had people tell me before you look older when you're overweight, to my face - jeez. Plus one time a person asked me my younger sister's name, and it was my older by 7 years sister they were asking about! blah, lol.

Anyhow, doing some work now, then need to get DS off to preschool, then back to work again. We've got some presentations coming up so I need to get my butt in gear and get everything ready! Hope everybody has a great day.

Last edited by sept15lija; 03-01-2011 at 08:57 AM.