Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #211  

Height: 5'7"

I had the day off from work today due to President's Day. It was really nice to have the day off.

I took my tax documents to the Accountant to get done. Crossing my fingers that we don't owe. I am reading a new book by an author Susan Wiggs--she writes fiction and it relaxes me to read her books. I also rented Secretarist on the cable box today. It felt so good to just chill out and do what I wanted to to.

I feel that I successfully used the day today to just rest and recharge and I'm going to pack my workout bag when I get off the computer and get my other things for work ready so that tomorrow I'm back into the groove. I will also fill in my journal for the day.

Mel: I know you can give yourself that birthday present this week. Stay strong!

Arabella: .4 is still a loss and with dealing with a cold I think you did well to not gain--I usually do when I have a cold. Thanks for sharing the info on the movie and the books--I'll check them out.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #212  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...sorry I have been MIA just been struggling some and hoping to find my way back on track...but I know I still need to check in here for encouragement...

Auntie G - when it rains it pours huh? Sorry to hear about your job...hopefully dh gets one ASAP !! I know it is hard right now for anyone to find decent jobs.

Arabella - hope you are feeling better...

Hi to everyone else ...gotta get back to work ...

oh and Susie - needless to say I have not done well in the no soda challenge, I did have some this weekend

Sorry I am such a bummer today, haha....

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - I was off yesterday too - a new holiday that they started a few years ago called Family Day - it was nice!! Hope journaling is going well today! YAY for a short work week & hope you don't owe any taxes! I do my own, and so far I'm getting $400 back - I thought it would be more though!

Mel - Any big plans for your b-day?? How old are you going to be - is it 28? I can't quite remember how old you told us you were.

Arabella - I would move my ticker for .4!! Then again, I move it for .2, too!! haha

Carri - No worries, bummer or not, we want ya around! Hope you find your groove very soon!

As for me, I'm kind of bumming too - work is kinda crappy lately, not busy at all, and depressing. I suppose it's mostly the economy...but it gets you down. Our numbers are not good - and they're talking about cutbacks....sigh. And on the other hand, I don't want to work because I want to be with my babies! So there's that too. But we can't afford to be on one income, so there you go. Anyways that's what's going through my mind lately! Although some good news, we did paint our bedroom! I like it. It's fresh and clean, anyways -the colour is a bit brighter than I thought - but it's a nice change. Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #214  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Susie- Glad that you had a day off and got to chill and recharge.

Carri-I am glad you are checking in even if you arent doing the best diet wise. Stay strong!

Liz-Sorry things at work arent going the best I hope that they get better! And it has to feel good to get the bedroom done, I still havent done my master bath yet but I did buy the paint...baby steps right? LOL And I am turning 27 though I want to tell everyone I am turning 25 so I am going back a year not forward haha

I have been OP diet wise though I have been really stressed lately about a few things so I just dont feel like I am making any progress...we will see sat.
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #215  

Mel - 27 - you are a baby!! haha...look at me, big old ancient 33. And yes baby steps for painting! We had bought the paint 2 months before we did it - mind you that was because we bought it along with paint for the family room, and we painted that first.

Well I got some good news from the scale this morning - 145.2, which officially puts me in "normal" territory!! I don't imagine I'll stay here for a few more days yet, I've been bouncing around a lot lately, but it was pretty cool to have fitday tell me I'm in the normal range!! Hopefully I can update my ticker on Sat with something like that - god knows by then I may be up again though.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #216  

Hi. I'm happy to share that I have had a good week so far. Made it back to the gym yesterday and today---doing the treadmill right now and that is it..and a lot of stretches. I don't want my back acting up on me but I'm not about to not do some sort of exercise!

I'm doing pretty well with my journal..I say pretty well because I sometimes don't get it filled out until I am going to bed! But at least it is a start and I'm doing it.

When I was walking on the treadmill I was reading my TOPS magazine and there was a quote I wanted to share: "Practice doesn't make perfect, but it does make improvements." I really liked it and I hope you do too.

Is anyone still watching the BL? If so, what did you think about Monday's episode?

Liz: "Normal"..wow....!!

Mel: I'm sure your OP days will show at the end of the week..keep up the good work!

Cari: I have had a couple of sodas too..but not as many if we hadn't challlenged each other. Starting tomorrow (Thursday) or right now if you haven't had any..let's plan to finish the month out with none. Are you up to it?

Spooky, Auntie G, Arabella: Hope you are all doing well! Post when you can.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #217  

Susie - A lot of the time I don't do my food logging until I've already eaten most of it too. I like the quote! It's so true, and helps us remember that perfection is not the goal, progress is.

Well as I thought, I'm overweight again this morning. haha Not surprised, I saved calories for a snack last night (as usual) and chose these crackers that we had leftover from Christmas (they were in a gift basket, a small bag of them unopened) and they were very salty!! Yummy, but salty. Oh well. Anyways, hope everybody has a great day!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #218  
It is what it is...

Morning girls ...still floundering around with my diet ...but dh and I have set a start back on day of this Saturday...I know he can stick with it so I hope I can get my resolve back too ...wish us luck ...

Susie - I am up for it !!! And yes I really like the quote ...I heard a really good one the other day too, it said " fall down seven times, get up eight"
or something like that...it made me think ...I just have to keep going on and trying.

Mel - Wow you are a baby...wish I could go back to 27 ....I am 10 yrs older than you ...37 ....

Liz - I didnt know we were closer in age...for some reason I thought you were closer to Mels age ...oh well you are still a youngin'

Hi Auntie G and Arabella

Getting back to my work day ....it is DRAGGING !!! only 10:13 ugggghhhhh

talk to you guys later,
Carri
Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #219  
One Day at a Time...

Liz-Congrats on the "normal" range! I am sure the water weight will come off by sat.

Susie- I like the quote! And yay for you going back to the gym!

Carri- Good luck starting back sat, its great that you have DH doing it with you!

I am not looking forward to turning 27 lol
I think that I have hit a plateau on my weight loss and diet. I eat pretty much the same thing everyday and stay under calories yet I am not losing. Does anyone have some ideas on how to break the plateau? Dh says that maybe I should start exercising since the diet isnt working anymore but I wish my diet would keep me losing. I got rid of my old treadmill since we got the new couch and the other one went in the loft. To be honest I didnt use it much and it was huge and old and I was ready for it to go. But I really need advice on how to jump start my weight loss bc I really want to hit my goal of 168 by July but the way its looking it wont happen
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #220  
It is what it is...

Mel - I found the quickest way for me to jump start weightloss is low carbing it ...you would be very surprised how your body reacts to lowering your carbs...I would try that, bet you see a big difference, but it takes alot of discipline and knowledge, sugar is hidden in ALOT of foods...and also I think the exercise would help...I know alot of people dont exercise until they stop losing weight with just dieting...good luck !!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #221  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks Carri! I dont eat white bread and really cut back on the wheat as well. I will really try to cut back on the sugar and see what happens. My vice is diet soda Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #222  

Mel - Plateaus suck!! I've been super lucky (knock on wood) not to really have one yet. I've heard various things - upping your calories, watching carbs as Carri mentioned, upping exercise. How long has it been since you've been OP and not losing? Maybe you just need to wait it out a little more.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #223  

Just finished my lunch time workout. Also, I can tell the stretches are really helping with my back.

I was told by a trainer and my chiropractor to also do "bridge exercises" where you lie on your back, knees bent and you lift your butt up off the floor, keeping your shoulders on the floor. This helps to pull the pelvis under and it lengthes and relaxes the hip flexor muscles (mine are really tight!) and it builds strength in your pelvic girdle. I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and it is making a difference.

I have to laugh as I read all of you talking about your ages..I'm the "old" lady here...I'm 45! Get fit and at your idea weight now ladies..it will make a difference when you go over that 40 mark!

Liz: That slight gain will be gone with exercise and water...it's just a water gain from the salt. You will be normal again soon!

Carri: No soda for me yesterday and I'm going to work really hard to not have one tonight. We eat fast food on Thursday nights and I always want a coke..but I want to lose weight more!

Mel: I think the carb advice is a good one. As for the exercise, why don't you get some weights (5-7 lbs) and start doing some weight-training. Building muscles helps to burn fat when you aren't exercising, plus it will give you a lot of tonning.

So, on the treadmill today I was reading a Women's Health magazine and it said to try this trick when you have a craving, squeese a muscle or make a fist, do it several times and it will help. I'm going to give it a try the next time I feel that craving feeling.

TOPS weigh-in tonight....PLEASE let it be a loss!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #224  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- its been the last few weeks were I am really only losing less than a pound a week and I just wont get to my goal in time if I do that. I had a bigger lunch and will have a decent dinner to raise my calories so maybe it will help...but back to regular diet tmw.

Susie-I am going to have to start doing my Biggest Loser DVDs again I guess. But I am going to wait until after my bday on Tuesday since I normally gain when starting exercise again. Good luck at your weigh in!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi girls! Still far behind the wagon here, but I think I see it on the horizon! DH is a big step closer to getting a job- he had to go to a rehab facility today for physical testing to see if he can do the job, and he passed the test- hallelujah! Tomorrow he goes for a drug test, which I KNOW he will pass, so I'm sure hoping that it doesn't take much longer to get started. Then I'll be able to regain my sanity a little bit. (Hopefully, anyway...) As for my job, as scary as it is, I know it's time to move on. I haven't been able to do that on my own, so soon I'll be forced to.

I've read all your posts, but I'm so far behind in commenting, it's overwhelming. So I'll try a quickie...

Mel, sorry to say that it may be time to amp up the exercise. :P But sometimes it really does work to just trick your body with some extra calories! Maybe your birthday will do the trick, without any nasty exercise! Keepin' the hope alive... LOL

Susie, I like the quote! And don't worry about being the old lady (ha ha)- I'm 45, too! (At least for another month and a half...)

Carri, good luck with your restart! I hope to be joining that group soon! Summer will be here before we know it. Groan...

Liz, congrats on hitting "normal"! Hope it's official on Saturday for ya, but either way, you've done great!

Arabella, hope you're hanging in...

OK, hope to be back soon with some good news and new inspiration. Keep up the good work, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote