Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #136  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Carri-Don't worry about one off day you will be back on before you know it! I hope that you made it through the night with power!

Susie-So glad that court went well! I am sure you will jump right back on track and I hope that your back feels better.

I count yesterday as another OP day...I ended up having cupcakes for dessert yesterday but it was just within my calorie limit so I count it as a success! I hope that I see some results Sat!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - So glad to hear court went well, I was thinking of you! Sorry to hear your back is stiff, take your time and definitely feel better before you start execising again - back problems are no fun! Although one time when I had a back issue, I had a hard time doing everything - anyways I went and did a work out, and something loosened and it didn't hurt at all anymore - but you never know it might have been the wrong thing to do, maybe I was lucky!

Mel - I would definitely count that as being on plan! WOO HOO!

Carri - It is hard when you're all snowed in, I have been having visions of pizza too. Hope you're cozy at home right now!

Well kinda of a snow day for me, I was supposed to be traveling around with my boss who is here from BC, but I told him I was not about to drive around today!! Although it's not as bad as they said, it's still icy and blowing snow and bad visibility, so forgeddaboutit. But being that my office is at home, it's hard to take a full snow day - so I'm still working. OH WELL! At least DH is home today from work. Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Well, I'm still here, but nothing's much improved. I'm so far off the wagon, I can't even see it in the distance. Just figured I better check in, anyway. We got the ice storm overnight and today was fairly terrifying all day. Couldn't get rid of the ice this morning to get my girl outside, but luckily, she was able to "hold it" for several extra hours. Then there were tons of tree branches down and ice falling off the wires and trees- went to work late and it was a really scary ride. Tonight it's all gonna refreeze, so tomorrow should be just as delightful. Sigh...

I can't catch up with all the missed activity here, but congrats on the new addition to the family, Susie!

Hope those hormones are getting under control, Mel! At least you've had a good excuse...

Carri, sounds like you're on a roll lately! (Minus one snow day, eh, big deal!) Keep it up!

Liz, the b-day girl is sooo cute, and you look great!

Arabella, congrats on your 3 good days! Are you still OP? Thanks for the good vibes! I wish I knew what to do to try to make things better. I seem to be floundering in a pool of pathetic-ness.

Well, even though this winter appears to be never-ending, I suppose spring is right around the corner. So maybe I'll try to get it together by remembering how miserable it is to get into warm weather clothes in the condition I'm in... Or maybe I'll just go have a glass of wine. See? Pathetic. LOL!

OK, go get 'em, girls!

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #139  

Really good food day here--finally! I was in my calorie range and I even had a scoop of ice cream.

I think I have figured what gets me off track--if I have a soda--especially a Coke, I crave another one, then I crave sugar and then I feel like I"m in a cloud and everything is fuzzy. I'm really going to avoid coke!

My back is feeling a little better. I've been doing some stretches and ice on it.

Auntie G: It's good to see you! It's ok that you can't see the wagon...maybe that wasn't the right wagon to be on...you are getting ready to catch the next wagon and we are all on that wagon and ready to help you get on when you are ready.
We had the ice here in Ohio as well yesterday and it was scary!

Liz: Good for you for standing up for what you didn't want to do--I think it is important part of our weightloss journey to stand up and acknowledge our feelings because when we don't, we sometimes push them down with food.

Mel: I would count it as a OP day too. I have to figure desserts into my calorie range or it just isn't going to work for me.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #140  
One Day at a Time...

Liz-Thanks! Hope you enjoyed your "snow day" with hubby even though you had to work.

Auntie-I am so glad that you checked in even if things arent going well. We will be here whenever you want to check in and give us an update. I bet that ice storm sucked! We had a major one 2 years ago and it was brutal.

Susie-Thanks! And congrats on your OP day! I love my desserts so I am trying to limit them to once a week.

Had a wonderful food day yesterday! But I was only at 1109 calories for the day,today I will hit my 1448 goal today! I ended up with a bad headache and was in bed right after my boys at 8 so I got some rest so today should be better headache wise. I am really really hoping for a loss this week!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #141  

Good morning. Finally a easy morning commute. I hope it sets the tone for the rest of the day!

I got on the scales this morning and am happy to report a 1.25 lb loss! I was shocked due to the no exercise this week because of my back and having a few to many sodas and little "off-plann" snacks this week. But I am happy about the loss!

Mel: I am glad to hear that your headache is better today and that you had a good OP day.

Looking forward to reading the other posts later today.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #142  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...well I am back out in the real world, which is nice I was getting some cabin fever ...it was nice to stay home with dh for a couple of days though and just relax ( and eat haha ) ...made a few homemade goodies and ate over calories but back at work today and back on plan as well.

Auntie G - you know I am like you with the on again and off again, but I know you will get back on, it just will take time, and less stress...just take it easy on yourself for now, keep checking back in with us ( and me on fb haha )

Mel - everytime I eat way under my calories I get a bad headache, I call it a hunger headache...could have been what yours was from or could be the dreaded TOM headache...I am on mine this week, really sucks to have it when you havent had it for 3 months...I get spoiled with these pills, but I LOVE them !!!!

Liz - I always CRAVE pizza, it is my favorite, but after I had it I realized it was not so great, made me feel bad and I way over ate ....but right after, like today, I will still crave it, haha

Susie - congrats on the loss !! great job ....I am salivating reading you had sodas ...haha ...I havent had one for a month, and I am wanting one SO bad....

Hi Arabella !!!!

Gonna stay inside today at work, too cold to get out and the roads still are not good....just gonna get thru the day so I can go back home and put the pjs on and settle back on the couch, haha

Have a good day everyone !!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #143  

Hey gals!!

Fly by post, work has been really busy lately...out on the road a lot. It's been a bit more of a challenge to stay on plan, but so far I've done well. I'm happy to have this challenge - I need to get used to making good choices while out and about as well. Anyhow have to get back to it - then DD has her 1 year well baby check up this afternoon, poor thing - she has to get soem shots. That's always harder on the mommies than the babies, I think!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #144  
One Day at a Time...

Susie- Yay for a loss!!

Carri-I think you may be right about the headache due to not eating enough, thats what Dh kept telling me but I though he was just whining haha My TOM is suppose to happen in about a week and your right about loving the pills...I never want a TOM every month again!

Liz- I hate when my boys have to get shots! Hope you both handle it well.It is good you are getting some experience going out and making good food choices.

My new leather sectional will be here between 8 and 11 tmw morning! Wish it was a little later since my boys sleep in a little on weekends but what can you do lol
I also had another great OP day yesterday...hoping for the best tmw morning. I started off monday at 195.6 so lets hope for some loss! Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Hello, all!

I've been doing the 30 day shred this week. Today is day 4. I have been sore all week but it seems to be not so bad today. I stepped on the scale this morning. Big mistake, exactly the same as last week! I need to stick to my commitment to only weigh myself at WW!

Maybe the muscle soreness is causing water retention? I've been on plan and doing everything right so I don't understand why the scale isn't moving.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #146  
One Day at a Time...

Spooky- I did 30 day shred for a few days and it will def make you sore. I am sure you're not losing right now bc of the muscle soreness/ water retention. Give it some time and drink a lot of water so your muscles can heal. Bet you will see a loss next week when your muscles heal.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtsmme4life View Post
Spooky- I did 30 day shred for a few days and it will def make you sore. I am sure you're not losing right now bc of the muscle soreness/ water retention. Give it some time and drink a lot of water so your muscles can heal. Bet you will see a loss next week when your muscles heal.
Thanks! I was so discouraged this morning that I even considered quitting it but now I feel better about it. I know this is a lifestyle change and the quickest weight loss isn't necessarily the healthiest.

Now I will head out to the store and buy weights and attack it again! I've been doing it with bodyweight only but I think I will buy 5 lb weights to use from this point forward.

Thanks for your encouragement!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #148  

Hi. I am so glad it's Friday. The week was a long one with all the weather.
My back is 100% today and I'm looking forward to getting back to my lunch time workouts during the week.

Spooky: You should be very proud of yourself for doing the Shred! Remember not all victories show on the scales every week; sometimes we have to look at the other benefits of our hard work, like having renewed motivation, having the clothes feel loser even if the scales don't show it, having more energy etc. I bet you do have some muscle soreness/water retention from working those muscles...just keep at it and pour the water in..it's the only way to get rid of that water retention. I hope the scales give you good news at your WW weigh-in.

Mel: It's so fun to get new furniture. When we got ours last year I made a rule, "no eating on the new furniture"--I find I don't snack as much if I have to sit at the table when doing it! Glad to hear you had another OP day!

Liz: I love your positive attitude and how you used decided to use the circumstance to make wise choices even when not in your routine. How's the baby doing after the shots?

Carri: I don't want to make you want a soda...and I want to be sure I stay off them, so...how about we make a deal to finish the month of Feb out with no soda? Hopefully your craving will be completely gone by then and I will have gotten back into a good habit.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #149  

Hey girlies!!

Mel - Hope the scale is nice to you today!! And have fun with that sectional - I'm so jealous!!

Spooky - I agree with Mel - definitely could be from your muscles doing some repair work - I hear that's a challenging workout! And even more so if you add in some free weights.

Susie - Yeah she's doing well now - she cried for a few minutes but forgot about it quickly and gave the nurse a big smile, lol. So glad to hear your back is all better!

Well as for me, weigh in, 1.4 pounds down and into the 140's!! YAY! I'm planning on taking the kiddies and the dog to the park for some fun after DD's nap. Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #150  
One Day at a Time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Thanks! I was so discouraged this morning that I even considered quitting it but now I feel better about it. I know this is a lifestyle change and the quickest weight loss isn't necessarily the healthiest.

Now I will head out to the store and buy weights and attack it again! I've been doing it with bodyweight only but I think I will buy 5 lb weights to use from this point forward.

Thanks for your encouragement!
You're so welcome! I think its great that you are going to try it out with some weights, I'm sure you will be sore but it will be worth it! So glad you decided not to quit!