Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls- I'm still planning on getting back on board, soon, I hope! Thanks for giving me permission to share my misery, but I really don't want to be a downer, so I just read and shut up. But here's my list of excuses... The situation here hasn't improved yet - DH hasn't found a job, I haven't found a better job, and now my doggie daughter has been having some rougher days again, too. This weather has been extra hard on her. It's so hard to get those achy old joints moving, and then to deal with the snow and ice, too- it's just not good. Then of course there's the mental issues- tomorrow would have been my brother's birthday, and then in 3 weeks it'll be 2 years since he died. That's when I fell off track and have never really gotten back. I know I'm wallowing. I'm trying to get a better attitude, but with the money issues now, I find myself buying crappy food just because it's cheaper. I've got to get a grip!

On a brighter note, even when I'm not participating, I feel more hopeful reading everyone's posts. I'm going to make a renewed effort on Friday's grocery shopping trip, so stay tuned...

To everyone who's doing well, keep up the good work! And to anyone who's not, hey, let's get it together!

And um, GO STEELERS!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #107  

The past two days have been a struggle. I didn't fall completely off the wagon but I found myself eating for comfort. So, I stepped back and asked myself why.

It was all because I felt overwhelmed by the thought of going back to school online. When I was looking at going back to school and this was suggested to me by first instinct was--not for me, I do better traditionally, in the class room. But I thought about how long that would take me and the thought of being able to get my degree in about half the time sounded wonderful. Well, ladies, as we know, there are no shortcuts to anything worth having.

So, I bit the bullet and said, online isn't for me and I withdrew from my classes. It wasn't easy for me to do. I usually give something new a try but my gut was telling me that this just wasn't for me.

After I made the call to the school and found out what I needed to do to withdraw, I was shaking all over and had to go to the bathroom at work so no one wouldn't see me crying. But now that I've made the decision, I feel a lot better about everything.

I will now look at going back in the fall...traditionally, in the class room. Taking one class at a time, they way I was doing a few years ago. Slow and steady wins the race right?

Thanks for listening to me.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

auntie g - ...what a rough time you are facing right now. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Try to take care of yourself, and do things for your body that you know are good for it. You & DH (and your poor little doggie) are in my thoughts. And, forget about those Steelers, it's the Packers all the way!

Susie - My first thought, is good for you!! You stepped back, and figured out what was bothering you - then took steps to change it and made a plan for the future. That's awesome! Personally I have real issues with things like this - and tend to go ahead when that little voice is saying "no no" and then figure it out later, when I've wasted time.

My puppy got spayed yesterday - and we did a full blood work on her because she's been throwing up her food a couple of times a week, and she's quite thin. Anyways blood work completely normal. But, when they opened her up to do the spay, it turns out her intestines were kind of wrapped around her uterus?? The vet said she'd never seen anything like it. She's hoping having the uterus out now will fix the problem, so we'll see. I can't believe it! Anyways we're keeping our eye on her! Hope everybody has a great day.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #109  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals - well I must have been doing something right the last day or two since it seems the 2 pd bloat from the weekend is gone... I know it is never really a true gain but you know how it is to see it on the scale...

I am going to get this Power Walk dvd from Biggest Loser to do at home, my friend has it and she really likes it, and I can always use another one as I get sick of doing the same ones. I will let you guys know what I think of it once I get it.

Having some sinus issues again today...and forgot my advil sinus meds at home...ughhhh

Auntie G - we all totally understand that you need to vent and that you are going through a rough time...I will be thinking of you in the coming days and hope it gets better ...and I am with you .....GO STEELERS !!!!!!!

Susie - you made the right choice for you, and that is why you feel better...dont look back, only forward to the Fall ...

Liz - sorry to hear about the puppy, hope that takes care of it, I have never heard of that either, but I guess that would explain her being so thin ...

Hope you all have a good day !!!

See ya,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #110  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Auntie- I am so sorry to hear about your brother and all the other things not going the best in your life right now. I hope that when the warmer weather comes it brings better things for you as well. I think we will all feel better when the season changes.

Susie-I am glad that you did what was right for you instead of feeling forced to do something that you really dont want to do.

Liz- Your poor puppy! I bet she will feel so much better when she recovers!!

Carri- I told you it wasnt real weight gain!! It has to feel good to see that number drop!

I have still not been on track and take full responsibility. I havent been home much for dinner bc I have been running around doing so much so i end up with bad choices. I am currently up from last week but I am hoping for a miracle and get back to what I was last week so I am at least maintaining!
We went and ordered a new couch (leather sectional) and spent way to much but I was approved for 12 months no interest financing so I see it as a way to bump up my credit more. It should arrive in 2-4 weeks so I am excited! Dh was hoping it would be here for the superbowl so he could have a party and show it off (even though we dont even have a pick for the superbowl yet lol).
The kids had another snow day yesterday (even though there was barely any snow ugh). I am sooooooo ready for warm weather so I can be outside running around with my kids and shed this weight faster!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #111  

Good morning Ladies. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was the same weight as last Thursday. I'll see if the TOPS scales say anything differently tonight.

I'm ok that the scales stayed the same; with those 2 days of eating for comfort and the stress I was feeling I am not surprised.

Also, I see a pattern in my weight-loss. I have always gained or stayed the same the last week of the month, no matter how close I keep my calories or exercise. That used to be TOM, but I have had a hysterectomy so I don't have that anymore, but I still have my ovaries so I guess I still go through the temporary weight-gain that week.

Carri: Thanks for your support. I'm glad to see those 2lbs gone for you! Let us know about the Power Walk DVD.

Liz: Thank you for your support. I was really surprised that I stepped back and made that choice, usually I tend to ignore that little voice as well, but this time I knew if I did it would be horrible so I listened. I think it was actually harder for me to step back and say "No" to something, It taught me that this is really my issue; I don't say "No" enough and I really need to. So, first step....! How's the puppy doing?

Auntie G: So happy to see your post. It sounds like you have really been through a lot but you should be proud of yourself; you are hanging in there and trying to take steps to get back to where you want to be. Let's us know how the grocery trip on Friday goes.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Good morning, ladies! Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a new, lower number but sometimes they trick me by showing up and then magically disappearing on my official WI day. So we'll see what happens on Monday night. I really should stop weighing myself every day but I can't help it.

I've been doing really great with my food and tracking and water intake. I'm honestly impressed with myself. I sprained my ankle last Monday so I haven't been doing much exercise but I go back to work tonight and hope to get back into my normal routine soon.

Carri: Glad to see those 2 lbs left! You'll have to let us know how you like the DVD. I added Jillian's 30 day shred to my netflix queue so I should get it tomorrow and I'm thinking of starting it this weekend. Have you ever done that? Do you do a lot of exercise videos? May have to go out to the mall to get a mat and a few light weights (I hear there's a strength training portion).

Liz: I hope your puppy makes a full recovery. She could certainly have trouble absorbing nutrients and digesting her food if her intestines weren't in the right spot so hopefully the spay will be just what she needs to fatten up and feel better. I have a yellow lab that just turned 1, we rescued him and then realized he had bronchitis and pneumonia and had to give him antibiotics and breathing treatments and pay for x-rays and vet visits. It was a very expensive endeavor but he made a full recovery and is now 71 lbs of lap dog. We love him.

Susie: Good luck at TOPS tonight! I count a maintenance week as a success, especially when there is off-plan comfort eating going on. I have a similar weird pattern with weight loss; it seems like I can't drop a good amount of weight every week. One week it'll be 1-2 lbs and then .2 or .4 and then another good loss, sort of an every other week thing. My average weight loss is still right around 2 lbs a week and that's what is important. I always look at averages.

Auntie: I hope you feel better soon and I look forward to getting to know you here.

Have a great day everyone!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #113  

Mel - OOOH a leather sectional...I'd love a sectional. I love your justification of it helping your credit, I'm sure you're right and it's just the kind of thing I would think too! I can't believe your kids had another snow day, crazy! I hope they don't lose their year or something - my sister was telling me if they have 20 days out, their year is lost?

Carri - WOO HOO that the 2 pounds are gone! That's great.

Susie - I agree, maintaining is a good thing to have done, it is so easy to regain lost pounds when you comfort eat. Good luck at TOPS tonight!

Spooky - I know what you mean about lost pounds appearing back out of nowhere! I am a daily weigher, personally it really helps me stay on track and accountable. I am so used to fluctuations that they don't bug me at all (well, hardly at all). Have fun with the DVD this w/e - let us know how it goes! Aren't dogs awesome? Mine is a german shepherd, and she's all lap dog too. She just has the sweetest nature.

As for my puppy, we're having a hard time keeping her quiet! lol She just wants to run and play, of course. And she hasn't had any vomiting since she's been home. I really hope that this is the fix for her! Anyhow work is starting to get a bit busier, which is nice...I've got lots of meetings coming up, I must admit I like getting out, it's such a switch. Anyhow have a great day ladies!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #114  

Hi! I'm so glad it's Friday and I am about to head home from work.

I did stay the same for this weeks weigh-in, I am happy with that. I know a loss will happen next week.

Mel: We all get off track..just get back on now...don't wait another minute!
The new sectional sounds nice--good thing you didn't get that new puppy!

Spooky: Hope the ankle is feeling better. Take it easy on it when you start back. You might also look for some ankle strenghthing exercises to do. I twisted mine years ago and still have trouble with turning it easily.

Liz: Did I miss your swimming report this week? What did you think of it?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #115  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone.
I am still hovering around 195.6 ugh its so frustrating!!! I know its my fault and I have to deal with it. I was hoping to at least be back at last weeks weigh since I keep jumping up and down in weight.
Dh and his buddy just left to go to the avenged sevenfold concert in lexington. I am so not a fan of concerts I would much rather be home with my kids He won the tickets off the radio so he's happy....I told them both I am not bailing anyone out of jail haha
I will post my weigh in tomorrow even if it is a disaster lol
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #116  

Mel - LOL about bailing DH out of jail - crazy time to be had by the boys, huh??

Susie - I really enjoyed swimming! We're planning on going every Monday. I was SO tired afterwards...I am ridiculously out of shape.

Happy Friday everyone, it's DD's 1st birthday today (sob) and we're planning her party this Sunday. I can't believe she's already 1!!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #117  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

Aaww Happy Birthday to the Baby.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #118  
It is what it is...

Good Afternoon Girls

Well got on the scale this morning and was at 225.0 ... I will take that as a victory since I lost the weekend binge weight and also lost another 0.8 pds...so I will take it Trying VERY hard to stay on track this weekend and not eat because it is the weekend...

Liz - Happy Birthday to your daughter...we wanna see pics of the party, or will you put some on fb? I wanna see her tear into that cake and get it all over...haha

Mel - We really want a sectional for our living room, we have been looking around...we have a pretty big sized living room so I think that would be the best to get as much seating as we can...dont worry about hanging around 195, you will be able to break that number soon, I KNOW it.

My plan for today is just simply hang around the house and do some cleaning and laundry, sounds like great fun huh? Dh has plans with friends tonight so I get a me night ...that means TV that I wanna watch haha, should be great...

Okay have a great weekend everyone....Hi to everybody.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #119  

Carri - YAY on 225!! And yay for a me night, I could use one of those! Today was a cleaning/laundry day for me too...sigh. Working 5 days a week really sucks up a lot of time, leaving too much to do for the w/e!

Veggiegurl - Thanks!

I'm 1.8 pounds down today...YAY!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #120  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Saturday night *yawn*

I've had some trouble getting back 100% into the swing of things post-trip but hitting the mark solid the last couple of days. I can't tell you how much better I feel when I don't eat any wheat or sugar. It's incredible how much more energy I have and how much better my mood is. Plus my head seems clear. Of course, when I've been eating wheat and sugar it's hard to get off because I feel like crap.

Auntie g, you've been having a hard time for quite a while now and it's just gotten worse -- no wonder you're having trouble. Sometimes it just seems like it's all coming down. Please try and take good care of yourself -- it really will help.

Liz, I hear ya -- I probably put in more hours of work today than I do through the week. Who took the weekend out of this weekend?

Susie, sounds like you made the right decision. It's really hard doing self-guided stuff and even when you manage to stay on top of things, it never stops being a stressful struggle.

Carri, congrats on the loss -- and good luck with this weekend. I usually do better on the weekends because DH is home. My hard times are the afternoons when I'm here by myself.

Mel, you'll probably have a big drop when it goes. And good for you, anyway, not regaining! Yeah, if DH calls from jail pretend you're the voice mail message.

Veggiegurl, Spooky Nice to meetcha!

All right, off I go. Ran myself ragged today and I've got a warm bed and a good book waiting...

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote