Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #376  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I think I figured out how to fing you faster!! YAY. I subscribed to thread, I am hoping this is what I am supposed to do this will work soo much better
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #377  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Kity,
Good job on maintaining...like you said, it's better than gaining.

As far as finding this thread easier...I have added it to "My Favorites" on my computer so it opens right away. go to your toolbar and select "Favorites" and then select "Add to Favorites." Then, when you go online next time, it will be bookmarked for you.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #378  
Kelly

well I have started the day off great!!!
I had my one pc of wheat toast with butter (healthy kind) and 1/2 c cottage cheese w 1 c skim milk

for lunch I had straight lean lunch meat, turkey and water. I was able to have fruit with it but it was hard enough just getting the meat in. It really affects me throughout the whole day if I eat breakfast. It seems like if I skip breakfast like I always have for years I am more hungry throughout day, so I have been eating more breakfast. I'll check in later...........keep up the good work!!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #379  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Kity - at the top of this page, look for 'thread tools' under the page numbers. At the bottom click on 'Subscribe to this thread'. Then each time you come in, click on 'Quick Links' above the page numbers, then click on 'Subscribed threads'. It will take you to a page where you can click on the last page of the thread or you can pick a numbered page from the thread.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #380  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey Maddiesmom - AWESOME job on your 17 pounds. Just think - your only 3 pounds away from 20! How exciting!

Kity - maintaing is half the battle, so just think, your halfway there. I try not to be opinionated about anyones diet, because everyone is different and reacts differently but I'm not so sure about your 21 pds. in 7 days. I only say this because its concerning. To lose weight that fast (although is exciting), it is really not healthy and you take a BIG chance in binge eating once your diet is over and then gaining twice the weight back. To each is own, and your my weight loss buddy no matter what, but I just think maybe sticking with regular calorie counting really will get you to where you wanna be. I mean look at Tiff and Neesy, they both reached their goals within a month.

Mygrits - sorry to hear about your unfortunate loss. Im impressed that you were able to get right back on track considering the circumstances. If something really sad or upseting happens in my life, I handle it poorly and binge eat.

Tiff - I am SO jealous. I wish I was in the snow. I know everyone from the North is probably laughing at me right now, but nonetheless, its nice when you dont live in it. I'm interested to see if you lose any weight while your there. I mean, taking walks like that can really burn some calories.

Pixie - WELCOME!!! I know how exciting it is to be able to fit into small clothes. Several years ago I got down to a size 8 and I was ecstatic. I wanted to wear everything in the store because frankly, things just look better. CONGRATS!!!

Well, exactly what I thought would happen - did happen. I over ate for Superbowl but have no remorse. I have buckled down for the rest of the week and hopefully will reap some sort of reward on Sunday, even if it is only a pound. I'd take it.

Last edited by luckylindy; 02-02-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #381  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hey Luckylindy, thank you so much for acknowledging my writings on here and the loss of our dear friend. It was very hard, and still is as my husband was helping with the arrangements all day today.

I guess I did blow it tonight. I did great all day and then tonight I suppose the stress of the weekend caught up again and I pigged out. I hopefully will be able to get it together tomorrow and hold on throughout the day!!

Your doing great though at 208!!! I need to get busy and catchup!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #382  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

@luckylindy - - - thank you soooo much! yeah it was actually fun and its such a great feeling! when i was trying on the blouses, i was starting to cry when they were starting to button successfully without praying that they won't get knocked out!

Im so glad everyone is doing a great job! Anyway today was a great day. I went to Barnes and Noble to get some books and ended up buying 4 I think. I've been reading "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl" for weeks now whenever I hang out in the bookstore and decided to finally get it. I also got the Calorieking nifty handy book hahaha cos my sister lost her free copy >_> ...and I also got 500 Low Sodium Recipes because I always watch my sodium intake and need to find recipes that actually have low sodium...**blame my blood pressure T-T** and the last one is The Portion Plan which is amazingly awesome and learned so much from it!

Have you ever guys felt a little bit embarassed when you are in a group and all except one is thin? Its like an opposite ne? Hahaha! But I felt a bit like it...I settled myself in one of the 4 lounge chairs in the magazines section only to find out I share that spot with 2 horizontally challenged ladies and an old but fit man. I suddenly wondered if the guy was like "What the heck?! They are all fat!" ....and when that hit me I was hiding under the book I was reading. ^^;;; I'm sorry I guess I'm just a weirdo.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #383  
aka Vicky

Sandy, so sorry for your loss. The stress of it all must be very hard. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for "pigging out" tonight. Just take one day at a time. My thoughts are with you and your husband through this difficult time.

Lindy: Don't be jealous of snow...I've lived in Chicago all of my life, and trust me, it gets old really fast. Maybe it will be more fun next year when Maddie can go out and play, but it's really sad saying the words "boy, it's too cold to snow!" I think you have to live in Illinois to understand!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #384  

Pixie - you are so funny. Your story absolutely made my day (and made me laugh). I have been in that scenario one too many times. When I diet, I ALWAYS read labels and I always think that people in the grocery store are looking at me thinking to themselves "why the heck is this fat girl reading labels, its doing her no good". I know, I know, they probably are not thinking that, its just my mind getting the best of me - lol.

Maddiesmom - I know, to live in snow sucks. I lived in Connecticut most my life and I hated it. Now that I'm in Florida, I can appreciate it. My daughter, Gabriella has been begging me to go up north to see snow (she is a Florida baby). This year we already have our vacations planned but next year we might do Colorado, we'll see.

I hope everyone does well today. Ill touch base later.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Pixie-Welcome, you will love it here, we all do.

Maddiesmom-That is amazing, 17 lbs. I need to buckle down and start exercising more.

Tiff-Congrats on your pants falling off, it sounds funny saying that, but here, we all know its a good thing.

Mygrits-I am so sorry to hear about your friend. If you need to talk, we are all here for you. I wouldnt worry too much about the pigging out. This is a stressful time and you will get back to eating right.

Kity-Good job maintaining. That is so much better than a gain. Keep going, you will get there

I weighed again this morning, just cant stay away from the scale, and it was 228.2. Thats down .6 lbs, not much, but I will take it. So today, I plan on getting off my butt and start exercising again. The only time I have really been exercising is when I watch my cousins 2 little boys. They have an ab lounger and weight machine, so I use that when I am there. Also, I make sure to stay up and run around the basement with the boys instead of just watching them play. Hopefully, I can get down to 226 by this Sunday. Good luck with staying on plan everyone. My husband is making chili(regular chili) for dinner tonight. I am going to have it, but just not as much as I usually would. We can always freeze leftovers. Have a great day everyone, I am sure I will check in later.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 02-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #386  
aka Vicky

I have a question ladies. I had a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich on Saturday (I allowed for the calories, so I don't feel bad), but I noticed that afterwards, my stomach was not having it. I haven't eaten fried food in a few weeks, so I am guess that it's the fried part that made me feel gross. Do any of you have this same issue? I've been fine since then (mostly because I haven't eaten anything else fried), but wanted to see if I wasn't the only one.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #387  
Kelly

Welcome Pixie!! (sorry I missed that before)

Lindy- I am just trying the 21 in 7 just to try and boost my metabolism as I intake too many carbs and soda which I know is not good. I really do not expect to loose 21 pounds in 7 days!! I wish, but also wish it would stay off, then everyone would do it, right!! LOL

Thanks for the help with finding the thread I just subscribed and then click on User CP and there it is and that seems to be workign out good, ALOT better than searching the way I was. I wish I knew to subscribe a while ago, I only post and read in this thread. I tried a calorie counting one to get some tips and pointer thinking that would help as that is somewhat new to me but no one is posting. So this is the one for me!! You are stuck w/ me!! LOL

I am overly tired from working a double shirft and doing it again today and tomor..UGH!! But it's a happy weird feeling I am just going with it.....I am also drinking reg. mt. dew, I don't want to feel guilty either, I NO soda yesterday and truely stuck to my plan (21 in 7, basically no suga, or carbs) and I have (had) the worst headache. I think weening off the soda is better. (no diet at work or i'd have that instead reg. is so syrupy)

Tiff- I hope you are enjoying your vac. and relaxing. That sounds great!! Relaxing!!

Sandy- Sorry to hear about your friend, I agree with Maddies mom just take one day at a time, and do the best you can for that day.

Overall maintaing is good, but I am ready to move my ticker. I really want this bad!! And I do not think I will make my bday goal I will keep trying though I really want this. It's hard with barely no sleep in the week though too, I think that may affect my results.

Keep up the work Ladies!!

I will try to get on here again with my schedule not sure I will try
Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #388  

Maddiesmom- I know exactly what your going through with the grease thing. I think once your body starts to "dislike" all the junk food, it will also "reject it" when it consumes something it is not used to. I have been eating healthy (for the most part) for a month now, then I REALLy over indulged on Superbowl Sunday and my body has not adjusted yet! My stomach is bloated and that is the minimal side effect that I have had (if you know what I mean), sorry - TMI, lol.

Anyway, drink lots of water, thats what I did and it seems to have eased up.

I hope all is well.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #389  
aka Vicky

Thanks Lindy.

Yep, I splurged on SuperBowl as well. I know I overate, and I think I stretched my stomach out, because the past few days I have been STARVING, even though I'm eating the same amount I did prior to Superbowl. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight (I checked that yesterday and today). I would have been really upset with myself had I gained from one evening of splurging. As long as I'm back on track. Water is my new best friend!

Now I don't even want to eat the fried/greasy food. No desire after the harsh side effects of the past two days.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #390  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Pixiegal - LOL, Oh my you made my night. That is hiliarious as I know exactly what you mean - I've done it many times and thought the same thing. LOL

MaddiesMom - Thank you so much, I do appreciate your thoughts. Each day is getting better. It was just a shock as we had spent the whole day with him and an hour after we left, he was gone - forever.

Burgundyrayne - Thank you so much. Pigging out was NOT the answer, but at the time it felt good ;-). I am back on track and watching Biggest Loser to refocus!

Kitycat - Thank you too. I do appreciate your kind words.

All of you are doing so awesome and should really be so proud of yourselves and your accomplishments.

Ok, now on to what I need to do - GET ON TRACK. I am working out tomorrow, as my Pilates Equipment arrived today!! YEAH! Hopefully I won't break the machine....LOL, but I am trying it tomorrow and we will see what happens.

Have a good night all, and thanks again.

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
Closed Thread